Thursday, September 5, 2013

Maximus Eighteen: Truth Hurts

Things have been going really well for Dustin and I career wise. My television show got really good ratings, so the network picked it up for another season. While the show was on break from filming, Dustin and I got parts in a feature film. Dustin got the lead role, while I got a supporting role. Tonight is the movie premiere. Soleil is ecstatic to see me on the big screen. In the limo on the way there, she couldn't stop smiling, and she held my hand the entire car ride. When the door opens, there's an onslaught of camera flashes. Soleil doesn't seem to be bothered at all by the flashing lights since she does a lot of modeling for her job. Soleil and I get out of the car and are greeted by Crimson Jones, the emcee.


"Maximus and Soleil, one of Hollywood's newest power couples. Ugh, they're so hot we don't even have to say their last names and everyone knows who we are talking about! Hi, Maximus! You are so handsome, as always! How are you feeling about the premiere?"

"I'm excited!"

"Ugh, Soleil, oh my god, girl, you look amazing, who are you wearing? Christian Dior? Is this how you thought you'd be spending your night?"

"Thank you. I am definitely happy for Max, he's worked hard to get to this stage in his career."

"All right, well, congratulations you two."

I hear a few fans screaming my name, so after Crimson leaves, I go over to them, shake hands, and sign a few autographs. After that, Soleil and I go take pictures in front of the movie poster. I look over and see Dustin arrive.


"Who do we have here? It's Dustin Xavier, the sexy star of this film! We have to talk to him! Hi, Dustin! How are you?"

"Really good, thanks."

"Are you excited to see yourself on the silver screen, or are you nervous?"

"I'm a little of both, perhaps."

"Ha-ha, okay, that was the ever handsome Dustin Xavier, who's been making fast tracks here in Hollywood."

Dustin comes over to me and we get some more pictures taken with Soleil and Helena. I can't help but notice Helena's less than excited expression during the picture taking. I know she isn't as big a fan of the limelight, and she's definitely not as used to it as the three of us are.


After the premiere, the four of us gather at Helena and Dustin's house to continue celebrating. At least that's what I thought was going to happen. Soleil curls up in my lap and rests her head on my chest, while Dustin leans over to say something, when Helena suddenly starts yelling.

"I can't believe you tonight, Dustin! You just ate up that attention like it was second nature, and that little lady with a microphone?! I'm pretty sure she was flirting with you. She ignored me like I was some sort of disease, and I swear she gave me a dirty look!"


Dustin's kind of looking at Helena like she just hit him upside the head. Soleil and I ask Dustin if he wants us to go and give them a moment. Dustin says no because he'll probably tell me about it later anyway, so we stay.

"Helena, I'm not quite sure what to say here."

"It's cause I'm right. You want to be with all those skinny, attractive people."

"No, that's not why I don't know what to say. I thought you would have known when you came with me to a movie premiere that I would be talked to by lots of people because of how big my part was in the film. It's normal for this career path. I don't want to be with anyone else but you. I kept you by my side the entire night, I don't understand why you're upset."

"I'm upset because I don't fit into your lifestyle, Dustin! I'm not good enough for you."

"You are my wife, Helena. I love you. You don't have to fit into anything, except my arms, which you do, perfectly. Now will you stop worrying about everything?"


"Your little romantic charms aren't going to be enough this time."

Dustin gets up and reaches for Helena to kiss her on the forehead, but Helena pushes away and sits down in one of the armchairs, hanging her head. Dustin sits down on the coffee table and tries to hold Helena's hand. I can tell he's trying really hard to show her he cares, but she's not having it.

"What are you talking about, Helena? I didn't do anything. I can't just ignore everyone who talks to me, that would be rude. I come home every night, I call you whenever I'm going to be late, you always know who I'm hanging out with. I never go out and party, I'm not on drugs, I don't hardly go anywhere alone except to work and Max's house. We've been trying for a baby, like you want. What more do you want from me?"

"I want... get a different job, Dustin. One where you're not famous."


Dustin doesn't take Helena's comment well, and stands up, backing away from her. He raises his hands up to show that he feels like he's being railroaded. He keeps his voice at a low volume, but I can hear the irritation rising up from him.

"Excuse me? I've been wanting to be an actor my whole life. I came to this town to be an actor. You knew that when we were dating, you knew that when we were engaged, if you had a problem with it, you should have told me a long time ago. It's not like I did it to be famous, I did it because I like acting. The fame is a side effect, and occasionally I have to go to movie premieres. I took you with me because I want you there, to share my success with you."

"If I told you then, you never would have married me."

"What? So you just thought you'd marry me and then try to change me? I already got a haircut, and changed my look for you, which I liked, by the way, however, it's not a big deal, it's just a haircut, but now you want to impose on my choice of job? I'm not some little project of yours, Helena, I'm a person, I'm your husband, I have feelings, I have dreams. You've never had to worry about money, you get to do whatever you want, but suddenly I'm not allowed to? Marriage isn't about imprisoning your spouse, Helena, it's about supporting each other, mutually. I refuse to have my choice of career dictated for me. How would you feel if I said you couldn't have the things you want just because you're married?"


Now it's Helena's turn to look at Dustin like she's just gotten the shock of her life. I'm pretty sure he's never talked to her like that before. I don't know for sure, but Dustin's always been extremely patient and adaptable to Helena's requests.

"I'm not imprisoning you."

"You may not think you are, but you don't trust me. I have given you no reason not to, but you don't. The fact that you always have to know where I am, who I'm with, what I'm doing, makes me feel like you don't trust me enough to just know in your heart that I'm not doing anything wrong. Even when you're with me, you don't trust me. You think the emcee was flirting with me? She asked me questions about the movie premiere because that's her job, Helena."

"I trust you. I just like knowing where you are."

"Fine, you say you do. Now act like you do. I have a full day of filming tomorrow, which means I'll be done around 7:00 pm, and I'll be back home by 7:45 at the latest, depending on traffic. Prove to me you can trust me by not sending me a single text all day asking where I went for lunch or who I went to lunch with, because you know the answer, I eat with my costars on set."


I am really impressed with Dustin for standing up to Helena and calling her out on her trust issues. I'm kind of sad that Helena hasn't figured out how to trust people, especially her own husband, but I know how territorial and jealous she can get. I hope for her and Dustin's sake that she can learn to get over those issues and trust him before she drives a wedge between them that she never saw coming.


Helena remains there, blankly staring at Dustin for a few more seconds. Then she turns on her heel and walks out of the room, not giving him an answer about the challenge he gave her. Dustin sits on the coffee table in front of Soleil and I, looking defeated.

"What the fuck just happened, Max? Did she seriously just ask me to give up my job because she doesn't like it?"

"That's sure what it sounded like, dude. I totally agree with you, though, you didn't do anything wrong."

"I'm going to go talk to Helena."

Soleil gets up and follows Helena. I don't know what she's going to say to her, but I hope it knocks some sense into her.


"Um, Helena? What's going on?"

"Nothing that I didn't say in there already. I don't like all the attention he got at that event. I felt like I just faded away into the shadows."

"Helena, you are married to one of the most honest men in the world. Do you not realize that? You've seen how your other relationships went, they wouldn't lift a finger to do anything for you that was out of their comfort zone. Dustin has done lots of things for you, don't you think that you should stop being so hard on him? He loves you so much. Don't push him away."

"I don't know, Soleil. Things just aren't how I pictured them in my head."


"What are you talking about? Dustin is amazing, he's so nice and loving towards you."

"No, it's not that. I just always pictured myself married to a guy with a regular job."

"Well, then why did you agree to marry Dustin? He wasn't going down the regular job path when you met him."

"I- I, um, I never thought that he would actually succeed. I thought he would try for a few things, not make it, and then give up and get a regular job."


Dustin and I have just finished talking. We got up and were walking towards Helena and Soleil when I swear I heard Helena say that she wished Dustin would have failed at acting. Unfortunately, Dustin heard it too.

"What the fuck did you just say, Helena?"

"Dustin? Oh, I- um... I never expected this lifestyle. I thought we'd just be a normal suburban family, with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence."

"You never thought I would succeed? You thought I would give up? Say more about that, yeah, it's so great to know that my own wife never had faith in me."

As Dustin talks, I can practically hear the sarcasm dripping off his voice like water through a tap.

"I have faith in you, Dustin. I just thought maybe you could spend that potential you have doing more important things."

"Oh, so now my career isn't important? That's great. Just great. It's the only thing supporting us right now financially, but it's not important. Come on, Max, Soleil, I'll walk you to the door. I'm sorry tonight didn't go better, guys, I hope you can still enjoy the rest of your night."


After Soleil and I get home, we're both still kind of shocked from the night's revelations. One thing is for certain, though, I am reminded how lucky I am to be with this woman standing in front of me. She has shown me nothing but unconditional love and support the entire time we've been together.

"Soleil, thanks so much for being there with me at this movie premiere. After everything that happened tonight, I feel doubly lucky that you have stayed with me for this long."


"I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else, baby."

Soleil pushes me up against the wall, and I get pretty hot as she presses her lips and body onto mine. I also feel really lucky that after all this time, Soleil still turns me on just as much as she did when I first met her. As her lips part and she slides her tongue in my mouth, I have a good feeling this night will end well.


44 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. True that. Some people don't know what they have until it's gone...

      Delete
  2. Oh Helena!! She is never going to change is she!! Poor Dustin has definately got his hands full with her!!!
    Great chapter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! =) Looks like Helena found the limit of Dustin's patience and dug herself a great big hole. Only time will tell if she can redeem herself. She's pretty unchanging, unfortunately.

      Delete
  3. WTF, Helena. Love is all about trusting each other! It's also NOT about changing your spouse into someone you want him to be. You fell in love with him with how he is. If you change him, you might not like what you get. Thankfully, Dustin isn't the type to just willingly change who he is.

    I just hope that should they end up splitting up, there isn't a little Xavier running around. Because divorce is hardest on the kids, especially the young kids who don't understand how mommy and daddy can suddenly not like each other anymore. And those two look headed for the bitter divorce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo, Seera. Sadly, there are too many women out there who love to play the "change my husband/boyfriend into what I want him to be" instead of umm, just loving him? LOL. Oh yes, Dustin is a nice guy, but he's not a stupid guy. Helena may have thought he was too weak to stand up for himself, but he is so not. Mmm you may just get your wish about the future child situation, after Helena treated him like that, Dustin probably won't be in the mood for romance. She cut him pretty deep with her words. Thanks so much for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  4. i was so not expected that. but i do get what helena saying though. she kinda did blend in the background. emcee could have at least ask who is this lovely woman on your arm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could write something you weren't expecting. =) LOL. Truthfully, though, emcees have limited time to interview celebs at movie premieres before the next celeb shows up so they have to make the most of their time. However, true, the emcee probably could have said "hi" to her or something to that extent. Thanks for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  5. Alright.

    ..

    So..
    *taps finger uncontrollably* I honestly can't even express the anger I have in me right now to justify my hatred for Helena. I had faith, I really did. The wedding, the new chat with her and Dustin, opening up and telling people the problem.. And then this happens. Oh. MFG. Where.. Where does she even get off. Seriously. *screams*
    I. I can't. LOL *blood boils*

    *scrolls up*
    *sees Dustin, rereads his words*
    *dies*
    LOL
    Dustin, you're the shit. No joke.

    Helena. *slaps*

    *cuddles Max and Soleil*

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLL your comment is the shit. No joke.
      I too scrolled up and read Dustin's words again. O_O LOL. It's effective. Damn. Even for me the author. I was totally like fuming when I wrote what he said. She is one of those typical women who thinks her husband is a project, and she thinks now that they're married, he can't back out or away from her demands. Boy, did she assume wrong, she married a firecracker of a man who is nice until you stab him in the heart, which is pretty much how Dustin felt when he heard she wanted him to fail. All I can say to Helena is good luck with that baby agenda you wanted because do you really think Dustin is going to be in the mood for romance after that shit you just said?
      Thank you for the compliments. =)

      Delete
  6. I just want to verify that she and Max are related. And that they were raised by the same person. Because...I mean...I just...

    I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. They were both raised by Sicily Zenteri. It goes to show that just because a person was raised a certain way, it is not a guarantee that they will turn out the same. Max always got along with their mother and listened to the advice she gave him, while Helena was always judging their mother, often walking away from her mid-conversation.
      Thanks for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete
  7. So much to comment on! Ugh. Helena...*Shakes head* I don't even know what to say that doesn't involve curse words directed at Helena. But wow, she really pissed me off. I can understand a little bit of jealousy, but she has gone above and beyond that. Poor Dustin, he has been nothing more but a wonderful husband and has gone above and beyond to make her happy.

    However, with that said, I'm SO glad that he stood up to her the way he did. I did a little inner cheer at his words.

    I don't understand why she isn't happy for him. As a wife wouldn't you want your husband to succeed? And that whole thing about hoping he would fail at becoming an actor was just....sad. I could almost feel his pain. I wish I could give Dustin a big hug and kick Helena to the curb, he can do so much better.

    But on the GOOD side, I'm happy to see Max and Soleil doing great. The movie premier was fun, and they (especially Max) looked as hot as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to Helena to ruin Dustin's first big success as a movie star. *rolls eyes* She should want her husband to be happy, at least that's how a normal wife would act. Sadly, Helena is not normal, she thinks she's right about everything, which is fucking stupid... and she's so selfish it's ridiculous.

      Ha, Dustin's thing about him wanting to be an actor and Helena thinking he would fail was actually some of the same crap I heard from people when I decided I wanted to be an actor. I swear if I heard one more asshole say "Well, what's your plan B if you don't succeed?" I was going to scream. LOL.

      XD. Yeah, crazy things like this can make you appreciate the little things, which is what Max took away from the night's events. I loved doing the movie premiere photos. =) Thank you for all the compliments, darling!

      Delete
  8. P.S.

    Am I the only one who wonders why she's blue? She looks cold...all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Helena's mother, Sicily is blue. At the time, when I created Sicily, I had a mild obsession with berry Sims, but didn't do a rainbowcy. Helena was born in game and she inherited her mama's blue skin. LOL, her looking cold kind of fits with her chilly personality.

      Delete
    2. It does, doesn't it. Like her personality has manifested itself as cold skin. She needs therapy. I'm just saying. If I were Dustin's friend, I would recommend therapy.

      Delete
    3. Haha, you're right. She probably does need some sort of therapy. O_O She's soooo messed up all the time. =)

      Delete
  9. Oh Helena.... since her little chat with Dustin about wanting kids, I thought she might have finally changed. I want Helena to be happy but... If she doesn't start trusting her husband more and making some changes... Her marriage will be part of the 50% the end in divorce. I'm glad Dustin stood up for himself against her verbal abuse, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! =) She did get better for a small while, but it wasn't enough to actually change her personality deep down. She doesn't think that she's ever wrong, so she doesn't see that if she did change, it would be good for her. She's not helping herself, and that's never good.
      If she keeps taking Dustin for granted, she's going to screw up her marriage. Yes, Dustin wasn't about to let her push him around.

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh!!!! Did she really just make her husband feel like his career isn't important? And not wanting him to succeed?! Poor Dustin!

    Loved the movie premiere! Too bad Helena didn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes, she did. Totally rude of her and not at all how marriage is supposed to work. Not even a little bit. Luckily, Dustin has awesome friends in Max and Soleil for support since his wife... is being a sour puss.

      Thanks! I had lots of fun setting it up. =)

      Delete
  11. Yikes Helena. I hope this doesn't cause a wedge in their marriage...wow she was in serious denial about Dustin and his passion to be an actor. I wonder if she was obsessed with marriage beforehand or the idea of being married.

    I have to say, this hairstyle really suits Helena! It's short enough to give a "fresh" look, but long enough to be feminine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena has very much been obsessed with wanting to get married, so I guess that would be the idea of marriage... She thinks it's wrong if a relationship doesn't end up in marriage. As far as it causing a wedge, well, Dustin's going to need some time, she hurt him pretty bad.

      Her hairstyle has 'grown' haha, I was trying to have it be like it grew longer since last chapter when she cut it all off. I'm glad you like it. =)

      Delete
  12. DON'T KILL HER ST. DUSTIN!!! Nobody looks good in orange!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, he won't kill her, but he is pretty upset. She did just attack everything he's passionate about and told him he sucked in not so many words. It's painful to hear that from anyone, especially your own wife.

      Delete
  13. Helena has to go. Dustin does not deserve to be trapped with that hideous creature. She needs to be tossed in a cave on a deserted island to think of her faults for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL. I love your comment. Helena will go eventually. =) Your punishment for her is very fitting. Love it.

      Delete
  14. Helena WTF just...grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sure are some perfect words to describe Helena. LOL. She was such a pain in the ass to write for. XD

      Delete
  15. Well, everything I said in the previous chapter about Helena....scratch it and erase it. She's the most selfish witch I've ever seen. She needs to get that stupid mental picture out of her head and see who Dustin really is and start supporting him! Can I just kick Helena out and I'll marry Dustin. Seriously...I think I love him. He can even change his hair back to his old style. HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duly noted, scratched out and erased. LOL. *nods* She's really delusional, and she literally thought she could change Dustin. She wanted someone she could mold and manipulate, rather than love and adapt to. Dustin tried to adapt to her, but even he has his breaking point, and she totally just found it.

      LOL, sure, you can marry Dustin XD. He'd enjoy someone who actually loves him and his old haircut. XD

      Delete
  16. The differences between these two couples are significant. I don't agree with all your other commenters that Helena is a selfish bitch. I think she has deeply rooted mental and trust issues that only help from a professional will solve. At the very least, she needs Prozac! She'll only get better if she wants it badly enough, but I doubt she feels like anything is wrong. I do agree that she is extremely self-centred, and emotionally manipulative, but she does have some redeeming qualities. Granted, they're too deeply buried at the moment, but I'm sure they're there ...

    Poor Dustin. He's such a gentleman, and has the patience of a saint, but even he can only take so much. She'll lose him for good if she's not careful. That emcee might have been flirting with Dustin. He's a very attractive man, both inside and out, but he wasn't flirting back. He loves Helena too much for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the differences between the couples are vast, and I had great fun writing both types of relationships. Helena appreciates your support. She does have deep issues that she needs to recognize. You're absolutely right that her problem is she doesn't think anything's wrong, and people can't begin to change until they realize they have a problem. She wanted to have the perfect husband, house, and children, but she's failing to see that life doesn't go that way, and that you have to work to make a marriage work. She's under the delusion that just because she got married, everything was going to fall into place with no effort on her part.

      Dustin is patient, but he just got stabbed in the heart emotionally in this chapter. Hearing that his own wife doesn't support him, and actually wished he would fail is devastating. It's even worse because he does love her, and to hear the person you love say such horrible things about you is heartbreaking. Hahah, the emcee wasn't flirting, she called Max handsome, and Dustin sexy, she just compliments all the actors as they come in, to boost their moods so they'll be happy at the award ceremony.

      Delete
  17. Man, I was starting to have hopes for Helena and Dustin. Unfortunately, Helena is her own worst enemy. Besides all the crap she gave him about feeling invisible at the premiere, can you imagine hearing your spouse say he/she had expected you to fail in your chosen career? The one who is supposed to give you unconditional love and support? That's quite a blow to the heart and the ego. Can they come back from this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said, Helena is very much her own worst enemy. It's almost as if she want to be miserable, so she finds ways to make it come true. Haha, I don't know what it's like to have a spouse say they don't support me, but I have had people whom I thought were close friends tell me in not so many words that they didn't support me, and even that stung really bad. I can only imagine it being a million times worse coming from a spouse. Only time will tell what will happen with them... one thing is for sure... their honeymoon period of their marriage is very, very over.

      Delete
    2. Well, my happiness for Helena and Dustin lasted one episode only.

      She could have prepared herself for this occasion in advance, when the shooting for the film began, couldn't she? Go to a therapist, pray to God, whatever. But have another jealousy crisis?

      Though it is not so simple in my opinion -- it's true the emcee did not ever address her, as it she were invisible, and good boy Dustin could have at least introduced his wife, couldn't he? So she is right when she complained about that, and not to be crucified like she was. But I guess the plot needed that -- but he is not supposed to be so righteous in this scene, I would say. Somehow, Helena always gets to impersonate the worst part. At least she is interesting and brings a lot of conflicts into the plot, unlike Max and Soleil's middle class happiness that makes me yawn...

      The haircut thing is a bit funny. As an actor, Dustin is entitled to change his appearance often, or as much as his different characters require -- and not his wife.

      And I was wondering whose POV was it when Helena and Soleil were having their private conversation, since the story is always shifting from one POV to another.

      So... The other jealousy scene from Helena ended with Patrick kidnapped. This one ends with Helena kidnapping her own happiness, I guess. Will there be a ransom, at least?

      Very entertaining!

      Delete
    3. LOL, Helena does have a track record of ruining her own happiness. Well, you should know by now that Helena doesn't prepare herself for anything. She likes to drum up drama for herself and others.

      Well, the thing with the emcee and the red carpet is that things move pretty quickly, so the emcee only has so much time to talk to people who arrive before she has to move on to the next person. It's nothing to take personally, but Helena, of course, did. The point here is that people already know Helena is Dustin's wife. Helena is making a big deal out of things that are not a big deal. I did write Helena as the "character that drives conflict" so I'm glad she is coming across that way. Max and Soleil's relationship is supposed to be the polar opposite of Helena and Dustin's, so I'm not going to apologize for it.

      Yup, you are right about that, Dustin's job allows him to change his appearance on a regular basis, and Dustin was using the haircut example to Helena to tell her how he felt about her trying to change everything in his life.

      During Helena and Soleil's conversation, it was still Max's POV, I guess I just shifted the "camera" to Helena and Soleil in the other room. Usually when I switch POV, I denote it with a horizontal line and people's views of others, such as if it was Helena's POV, it would say things like "my husband" when she referred to Dustin.

      Helena has no basis in most of her jealous streaks, so it's easy for her to switch to a completely different focus of drama for herself.

      Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  18. Unbelievable. This girl keeps lifting me up only to break my heart all over again. My hopes were so high...I should have learned from last time, but I was really wanting things to go well for her. Seriously, though?! She expected him to fail and was, what, just waiting around until that happened?! Holy crap. Helena really needs to learn that you can't change people. They are who they are, expecting to change them will not go over well. I feel awful for Dustin. That poor guy. He loves Helena--it's plain to see--he's given her so many chances and opportunities to better her life and self, and has been there for her when so many others haven't been. For her to do this too him...I can understand the pain and hurt he must be feeling. The fact that she's his wife and she never believed in or supported him, makes it all so much worse. Ugh.
    On a happy note--ooooh Max. I think he gets more attractive the more I read. haha Love those two together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Helena's a piece of work, ain't she? *rolls eyes at her* She had the potential to have everything she ever wanted, but she has a knack for spoiling things, even for herself. She's such a huge control freak she can't deal with life when it comes and gives her stuff. She thought 100% that she could change Dustin, and that marriage (which is sacred to her in her head, like she thinks marriage vows can never be broken) was the perfect time to unleash this part of her plan.
      Dustin feels like Helena literally stabbed him in the heart with a giant knife and twisted, hard, especially since he has been the opposite towards her, he shows her 100% support, but she shows him 0%. You're right, he loves her a lot, and that is also why he hurts so much tonight. That quote of the ones you love the most are the ones who hurt you the most rings very true for him.
      LOL Max and Soleil's relationship is the polar opposite of Dustin and Helena's, I liked having them be the happy couple they are. The very definition of true love. :D I'm so glad you like them. ♥

      Delete
  19. I take back every nice thing I ever said about Helena!!! HOLY SHIT she really just asked that man to give up his job. WTF I'm glad he went off on her. She needed it. She...she....UGH I'm so pissed right now. Of all the things she's done this really pissed me off. After the patience that man has shown her, after how he's tried and tried to constantly tell her and show her how much he loves her. She had no faith in him, she thought it was a hobby that he would just quit and work some boring 9-5 job to suit HER DREAMS!!!

    I just can't believe how fucking self adsorbed and selfish she is!!! I swear for all her high and mighty-ness towards Max his relationship works. Respect, mutual respect something he and Soleil have, something she doesn't have the meaning of!!!!

    Yep properly pissed off by this chapter! Even after she lost Patrick because of her jealously, the fact she didn't feel responsible right away, the way she always talked down to people....she's been given more chances than anyone deserves. I hope she ends up alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I had a feeling that you would take back everything good you said about Helena. LOL. As well you should. She royally fucked up in this chapter. Not only did she ask Dustin to give up his job because apparently she's queen of the world, she asked Dustin to give up his passion. That to me, is a huge no-no, and it's the one thing in the world that would make me feel like I got stabbed in the heart, literally. No way Dustin wasn't going to tell her off, yeah he loves her, but he feels incredibly betrayed by her.

      Helena could do so much better if she paid attention to Max and Soleil's relationship, instead of judging it constantly, she's completely oblivious to how it works. A lot of respect needs to be crammed into her head and she's lost a lot of brownie points in Dustin's eyes.

      IKR? She did so much wrong, and she's still trying to dig her hole even deeper. She's quite an idiot.

      Delete
  20. Oh Damn I knew when she made him make changes with his look things weren't good but I didn't think they were this bad. I can't believe she asked him to quit his job which was more than a job to him it was his dream. Even still had had patience and was ready to overlook what she asked him but that last statement where she thought he wouldn't succeed, that one cut Dustin like a knife. I think she just crossed a line she should have never crossed because he looks as if he is at his limit. Whatever she gets now she deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. that was a sneaky bit of foreshadowing last chapter that I'm happy you caught. Helena crossed the one line that hit Dustin bad. His eyes are being opened in this chapter, and it hurt him so much because he loves her. He doesn't understand her right now because he doesn't understand how something that makes him so happy that is not detrimental to her could cause her to be so unhappy. He also doesn't get how she could betray him so badly when she claims to love him. We'll see if this is Dustin's limit, or if he's still willing to keep on going.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com