Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Maximus One: Wake Up

NOTE: This story picks up after Chapter 68 of my Zenteri Baby Challenge. Max's time is done in that story, but he gets his own here. Uhh... he'll be moving out of the Zenteri save, but because of this chapter's content, I'm still playing in that save.  

~ Late Knight Simmer


Summertime was great, and I'm not going to lie, it's because of Soleil. I really enjoy her company, and when she said she'd bunk with me all summer, I was excited. Helena of course, was not excited, but she's never been excited about anything. She nags people so much, and I don't understand why she can't just mind her own business. It's been three months, and weirdly, I am still really happy when I wake up to Soleil's beautiful face next to mine. Usually I get pissed if I see a girl in my bed when I wake up, but something's different about Soleil. I can't pinpoint what it is, but I really like it. I like the way she smells, that citrus perfume or body spray she uses is intoxicating. It makes me want to bury my face in her neck and just hug her forever. The way she looks at me too, is different than the other girls. It's like she can see past my outward appearance, and I feel like she likes me for me, even though I'm far from perfect. Most girls just get all annoyed at me and roll their eyes, but Soleil likes the flirting and always flirts back.


Helena annoys me so much, especially when it comes to college and relationships. She keeps telling me I should go to college, but I don't want to. I'd rather just get a job and start my life. I like learning things, and I don't feel like learning is restricted to a school environment. I've been a great student my whole life, but I'm done with that part of my life now. I keep telling Helena that just because I'm done with school, it doesn't mean I'll ever stop learning. I think if you just pay attention you can learn stuff from anywhere, from your job, from a movie, from tv, from your friends, the possibilities are really endless, you just have to be willing to open your eyes and give it a try. As far as relationships go, Helena's so restricting. She never has any fun, and she tries to impose those thoughts onto me. When she found out Soleil had initiated the first time we slept together, Helena got mad at me for taking advantage of Soleil. I don't know why Helena's acting like she's my mother. Mom never even got mad at me for being me. I still remember what Mom said about one day finding that someone you just know will be the one you don't want to live without, so I'm not ruling out that possibility. Helena thinks the same thing she always has, that you should save yourself for marriage and all that high and mighty stuff.

Oops: Pose Player is in this pic. I have been in and out of my game today troubleshooting Maximus' download, so forgive the oversight. ~ LateKnightSimmer

Sometimes I wonder if Helena's jealous. I'm getting along great with Soleil and I'm usually in a good mood. Helena's always being too busy worried about something to be happy, I feel. It's like she's constantly on edge and she can't just let loose and have fun. I'm not saying she needs to be slutty, but she definitely needs to stop worrying what other people think about her. I think she tries too hard to be a good person in society's eyes that she forgets how to live for herself.

"MAXIMUS?! Max! Hello!? Wake up!"

Someone is screaming. Am I dreaming? What the fuck? I feel someone's arms around my waist, and I know it's Soleil. I also know she's not the one screaming. I must be dreaming. The voice continues to yell. Why do I keep hearing my name?

"MAXIMUS! Wake the hell up!"


Ugh, this dream sucks. I  open my eyes drowsily and see Helena standing there erupting like the volcano she almost shares a name with.

"Go away, Helena."

I roll over and bury my face in Soleil's neck. Mm... citrus. I think Helena starts screaming again, but whatever.


"MAXIMUS! Soleil and I have to leave today! We're going to be late!"

"Late for what? Your PMS management class? You really need to chill out. It's early."

"It's not early, it's 8:00 am! I've been awake since 6:00 am, unlike your lazy ass, who is still in bed!"

Soleil stirs as the alarm clock on her phone starts beeping. She's a heavier sleeper than I because I haven't heard a peep out of her the entire time Helena's been yelling. Soleil opens her eyes slowly and I feel her massage my head with her soft fingers. Her fingernails are kind of long and they feel good against my scalp. She kisses the top of my head and rolls over to grab her phone so she can shut off the alarm.


"Soleil and I have to LEAVE today! We're going to be late! ARGH! Don't you have any concern for anyone else? You're so selfish! WOULD you TWO get up already?"

"Jesus, Helena, will you stop freaking out? It's not the end of the world."

"Soleil! We have to get back to the university today!"

"Yeah, and? With the way I drive, we'll get there in plenty of time."

"You mean with the way you speed."


"It's only five over, and occasionally ten to pass a semi. Jesus. What are you so worried about anyway?"

"I want to be well rested for class. I don't want to get back so late that we are tired and groggy when school starts."

"THAT'S what you're freaking out about? Jeez, Helena, just have some coffee or an energy drink like everyone else does. I've gone to class hungover in a better mood than you ever are. Some caffeine might be good for you."

"You know I don't want to get hooked on caffeine."

Soleil rolls her eyes at Helena and turns her luscious lips down into a pout. She traces her finger along my chest and makes no attempt to get out of bed.


"Maximus, I don't want to go back to school. It means more homework, exams, and boredom."

I yawn from being woken up before I was ready, and look at Soleil. She looks like an angel. I don't know how anyone can look so good after they just woke up. I want her to stay with me, but I know she has to go back to university since she's already signed up for classes.

"Ugh, Soleil, you'll just go back, skip class, party, and hook up with random guys."

I feel a weird pang of jealousy when Helena mentions that Soleil hooks up with other guys that I can't explain, other than she's my citrus smelling angel and I don't want to share her. Soleil climbs over me and lays back down on the bed.

"Partying helps me get through the boredom, Helena."

"School isn't boring. Even Maximus knows that."

"Yes, Helena, but not everyone learns well in a classroom."

"Thanks for sticking up for me, sexy."

I smile at Soleil as she opens her eyes and stares at me. She pulls me towards her and attacks my lips longingly, like she wants to take a part of me with her back to university.


"Jeez, you guys. Would you get up already?"

"Don't blame me for doing things in my bedroom that are completely normal. You're the one who barged in."

Soleil whispers dirty things in my ear, and parts of my body get excited.

"Helena, get out. I want to give Max something to remember before I go."

I laugh as Helena sighs loudly and the door shuts. I like it that Soleil wants to leave her mark on me. I know I can do things to her that will make her remember me as well, so maybe she won't hook up with as many guys this year. I hope.



CREDIT:

48 comments:

  1. Awesome! Great start! Helena so needs to get laid! LOL. It was so sweet the way Max describes what Soleil means to him. I felt awful for him that he gets jealous and is worried she will hook up with other guys away at university. I love them together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha. Omg, I laughed so much when you said Helena needs to get laid. Saving yourself for marriage, jeez Helena. LOL. Her high morals are not working out for her sanity. LMAO. Yeah, Maximus is totally in love with Soleil. That's the danger I guess of being in love with someone who does the random hook up thing. Tney're perfect for each other. Hehe.

      Delete
  2. Awwww, is Maximus in wuvvv? *swoons* So cute, and still as sexy as ever. Helena, do you not know what a closed door is? Sheesh. GTFO? Hahahaha
    I'm excited to see where this goes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his sexy ass is totally in wuv. =D He's realizing he really likes her, more than just thinking she's cool to be around. LMAO, Helena still has a stick up her ass, except now it's longer because she's taller. ROFL. Thanks for reading! =)

      Delete
  3. Max! HAWTNESS!!! Soleil if I were you I wouldn't leave, I wouldn't leave such hotness alone he might get stolen!! WAIT *has realization* Soleil you need your education hurry on now go to Uni, I'll keep Max company *Dose suspicious grin*
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks for reading and commenting. Haha, yeah I wouldn't leave him either. *sighs* *drools* LMAO.

      Delete
  4. Loving the story so far! I love how it shows that maybe just maybe there is a girl for Maximus that he can stay with for forever. Even if it might not be Solelil due to her liking of random hookups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hello! Thanks! =D Yeah, Maximus is starting to fall for Soleil, realizing that maybe he likes her more than just thinking she's cool. We shall see what she does. =) She may have no idea he feels that way since he was just thinking that to himself. Thanks for reading this.

      Delete
  5. Yes I thought I would come over here and check out the hot Max. :) "I don't know how anyone can look so good after they just woke up." Lol maybe because she's wearing makeup? :P Ugh Helena is so annoying! Max and Soleil are flirting and everything and she's just shouting the whole time LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emerain. Welcome. LOL! Yes, she was wearing makeup, but I hope I got the point across that Max is realizing that he has genuine feelings for her. Helena... -_______- She's a dumbass. ROFL. She's always yelling about everything, it's ridiculous. Thanks for checking this out and commenting! =)

      Delete
  6. Ah, here have you been *ggg*
    About time that I catch up on this, huh?... off to read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anna! Yeah, here I am! LOL. I have some writers block for the baby challenge, and I'm addicted to Maximus' face. Teehee! I also started a story with a friend, at this blog address: http://mrsoblateknight.blogspot.com.

      Delete
  7. Just making a start on reading this. I love it already and Max is just so cute!! runs off to the next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my story, Julie! =) Thanks for the compliments, and for commenting.

      Delete
  8. Finally getting to this. I love Max. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Welcome. =) I agree. Max is the best. Thanks for checking this out.

      Delete
  9. This is really good. Helena is a total bitch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lckygrl! Welcome. =) Thanks for reading this. Haha, yes, Helena is mean! O_O

      Delete
  10. This is going to be a nice treat :) I am already in love with the characters! Very fun, quite real. I can see all of that happening. *L* Very good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zhippidy! Welcome to my story. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I enjoy writing it very much. Thanks for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete
  11. Lol those two sure know how to push Helena's buttons. Good start to the story. It appears it is useless for Soleil to go back to university lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, and vice versa, Helena pushes their buttons as well. Thanks so much for the compliments. Haha. Yeah, Soleil doesn't like university, you'll find out why in later chapters. =)

      Delete
  12. Nice to see the handsome Maximus again! He looks very happy with Soleil. As for Helena, well, she needs to learn some boundaries. She was lucky they were asleep when she barged in their bedroom. o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, welcome to Echoes. :) I read this again, LOL, and *sigh* I do miss Maximus. :D He's still in the save I'm playing for Generation 2, but I get sad sometimes because I'm not writing for him anymore. He is happy with Soleil, and he's starting to grow up and realize that he can have feelings for just one person. :) Helena? Learn boundaries? What? LOL, you'll quickly find out how stubborn Helena can be and how unmoving her personality is. Haha, she was lucky, she would have been the one embarrassed had she walked in on anything other than sleep. XD

      Thanks for reading this, Lily. :D

      Delete
  13. Decided to stroll on over to your other blog to read it. :) Helena needs to relax some. Geez! She's a little annoying. Those two are a lot nicer than I would be. You don't walk into my room without asking/knocking, whatever. Whether someone else is there or not. RUDE! On to the next chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovesstorms! Welcome to Echoes! :)
      LOL, Helena is making her debut... I modeled her after a person I used to have in my life who was rude, and loved to barge into my room, among other things. I hated it! >.<
      The way Max and Soleil responded is to show the vast differences in personalities between them and Helena.
      Thanks for reading and commenting, lovesstorms!

      Delete
  14. Aww great start! This is sweet, and funny! Helena needs to relax some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wicked!
      Welcome to Echoes of Eternity. :) Thank you for stopping by and I hope you continue to enjoy the story.
      LOL, Helena is... uptight. Very. Very. Uptight. XD

      Thank you for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  15. I'm getting started on this story a little late but I'll catch up eventually. ;)

    I don't see anything wrong with saving yourself for marriage but wow Helena really needs to lighten up. With the attitude she currently has she'll be lucky to ever get married! There aren't many people out there that likes a goody-two-shoes with a bossy attitude.

    I think it's sweet how Maximus is beginning to feel for Soleil. It's a dangerous wire he is balancing on. I hope it works out for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Recoradyn! Welcome to Echoes of Eternity! I love new readers, no matter when you decide to stop in. :)

      IKR? Helena's pushing the boundaries of friendship, and she has a lot to learn when it comes to interacting with people. Her bossiness really rubs people the wrong way, but sadly, if she doesn't see it first, she won't change, especially since she thinks she's right all the time.

      Hehe, yes, Maximus has never been in love before and he's not quite sure how to deal with it, especially with a girl who has a reputation of sleeping around a lot.

      Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy the story! :)

      Delete
  16. I haven't read the Zenteri baby challenge (yet) but I love the family (mis)dynamics that are at play here. I think I understand what's going on here lol!

    I love Maximus. Hot, sexy and charming. It also looks like he and Soleil are made for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Welcome to Echoes. LOL.
      Yes, I started this one off as it's own story, it's only Maximus' and Helena's personalities that carry over from the Zenteri story, so you're not missing anything if you read this one first. :)
      Haha, yeah you'll find I'm a fan of dysfunctional when it comes to my families, I find that is way more fun to write, LOL.
      Mmmm... Maximus was so special to me he got his own story, I agree with you, he is all those things. This is the first time Max has felt this strongly about a woman in his life, hopefully Soleil feels the same way. ^_^

      Thank you for checking this out, and leaving me a comment. :)

      Delete
  17. "Late for what? Your PMS management class? You really need to chill out. It's early." I lol'ed at this comment. I love Soleil and how blunt she is lol Who is Helena? Their roommate? I know I'm going to have to go back and read your baby challenge to figure that out. But anyways Helena is a little....suffocating lol who does she think she is walking in the room and forcing them to wake up. I think Helena likes Maximus but she needs to stop being so uptight because he's the total opposite. Nice start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) Welcome to Echoes of Eternity. Oh, haha, Helena is Max's half-sister. They have the same mom, but different dads.

      A little back story - Soleil and Helena are roommates at college, and Max is one year younger than Helena, he just turned 18. Max still lives at home with their mom. This chapter takes place in their mom's house, even though I don't show her. Another chapter of this story will explain why Soleil was there.

      Helena is very suffocating, she's a pain in the ass to both of them, LOL. She's self righteous and always thinks she's right. XD

      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! :)

      Delete
  18. Hello, and it's great to be here at the start. I just read your reply to the comment above and got a little bit more of the background of the story.

    These people are very young then, and all acting out on their hormones. That could explain Helena's histeria - specially before such a lovely couple.

    Max and Soleil seem to have a past of hooking up with other people, but seems like now they are falling for each other.

    "Helena, get out. I want to give Max something to remember before I go." -- that's a great line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andante Zen! :) Welcome to Echoes of Eternity. It's good to see you here.

      Yes, they are all young, Soleil and Helena are 19, and Max is 18. Helena is secretly jealous of her brother, but a future chapter will explain what she's jealous about. The jealousy is why she's always treating him quite rudely. Helena also gets anxious in general about things, she likes to follow the rules, and do things that are right. This includes getting back to university in an appropriate amount of time.

      Yeah, they are falling for each other, and they both had a lot of one-night stands before meeting each other. They're both experiencing these new feelings of love, that they might not know, but they do know that they like to spend lots of time with each other.

      Haha, thank you! :)

      Delete
  19. I love the way you write dialogue! It's nice to see when people put that extra effort into their writing. Oh, and your characters are steaming hot. Maximus? Yes, please ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Skogs! Welcome to Echoes of Eternity! :)
      Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate them. OMG, me too! LOL, I like seeing extra effort, it definitely makes me care more about the story a lot more, so I try my best to do the best I can with putting effort into every part of my story. Haha, Maximus is my favorite, so he deserved his own legacy. LOL. :)

      Delete
  20. So I finally made it to Echoes... Long overdue I know and I can already tell I'm going to have a lit of fun reading! Well maybe more drama but excitement regardless. Maximus is hot and me think Helen may be a wee bit jealous of Soleil. Onwards and into the plot! Sneaky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sneaky! :) Good to see you. Welcome to Echoes of Eternity. :)
      LOL, drama based in reality anyway... you know... those people who like to create drama for themselves... Helena... I'm looking at you... XD
      Aww thanks, Maximus is so very much my favorite Sim ever, haha.
      Wheee! I hope you enjoy. :D

      Delete
  21. Wowza. That Max is one handsome fella! haha I love how he and Soleil basically ignore Helena's presence. Too funny. I think its adorable how Max is jealous of the other men Soleil sleeps with while she's away at university. That boy is gettin' in deep, huh? (oh gosh. That didn't sounds as dirty in my head as it does when I read it now. lol) I must say that I find Helena vastly amusing. She is worried about a great many things, isn't she? She also seems to like to insert herself into Max's and Soleil's affair(s). Reading on... (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Welcome to Echoes. :D
      LOL, I know right? Max is gorgeous. I knew when I saw him grow to YA in my baby challenge that he needed his own story. XD Pahaha, she's Max's annoying older sister, and that's what you do with annoying sisters, eh? ;)
      Max is falling hard for Soleil, and he doesn't know what's happening because he hasn't ever felt like this towards a girl until her. LOL, you are funny, it's ok, I quite often have a dirty mind. XD
      Haha, Helena is a worry wart for sure, she even worries about things that don't matter. LOL. She's a pretty nosy girl, and she likes to tell people what to do, especially her younger brother and her best friend because she thinks she knows everything. *rolls eyes at Helena*

      Delete
  22. Lol. I thought for sure when I saw Helena that she would be hell on wheels! She's much more straight-laced than I initially pictured her! Doesn't want to get hooked on coffee... wants to be well-rested... I don't know about you, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing her let her hair down! :) I bet she'd be a force to be reckoned with!

    Maximus is hot! I love his hair!

    Can't wait to see where this goes! So many opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no not in the slightest. Helena is uptight and very rigid, follows rules to a T, and then shoves said rules down other people's throats. She's... not a very pleasant person. LOL.

      Aww, thank you! I love Maximus, and the hot pink hair is just perfect. LOL.

      Thanks for showing interest in my story! Welcome to Echoes! I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here. :D

      Delete
  23. I've never made it through a 10 gen legacy and until I started going solo I didn't read many. The idea of watching a sim I grew to love die of old age was always scary.

    Max needs to put a lock on his door and Helena needs to understand what knocking means. She could have walked in on them already awake and saying their 'goodbye'. LOL Not sure that's how she wanted to start her morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is my first legacy I am attempting, and yeah, the Sims dying is no fun. Luckily that time hasn't come for any of my Sims yet. Honestly, in game, I never play with aging on, yeah, I cheat a lot, LOL, so in game, they won't ever die and become a ghost and all that. Story wise, however, they will die, just to keep it realistic, but I can be comforted in knowing they're somewhat 'immortal.' Haha.

      IKR? A lock on his door would have been awesome, also... Helena just needs some goddamn manners. She's very... forceful in shoving things down people's throats, so ehh, yeah, she loves to barge in and be an asshole. XD

      Delete
  24. Helena surely had nerve walking right into someone elses bedroom and throwing out orders like that. Something tells me she needs to have a bed buddy of her own so she won't be so uptight. Anyways I thought she was totally out of order for waking them up like that.

    Loved the PMS Management Class line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena is rude, and she doesn't know it. LOL. She has a self-righteous attitude that rubs most people the wrong way. I agree, she is way too uptight and getting laid herself, but more on that later. XD It may or may not ever happen for Helena in her life.

      Heehee, thank you. Max greatly enjoys throwing that stuff around because their whole lives, Helena has been a pesky older sister, and she's always bitchy, so she gives Max a lot of ammo to make fun of her. LOL.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com