Saturday, August 24, 2013

Maximus Sixteen: Wedding Bells

Guest Starring: Alexander Hunt by mrsoogieboogie

It's about 7am in the morning. Helena and I came early to the church and are in the bridal room getting ready.  I'm going to help her with her hair and makeup. The boys will arrive here at 9am so that Helena wouldn't run into Dustin before the wedding because she was really adamant about that. They were given instructions to stay downstairs until the wedding. Helena's sitting on the chair looking into the mirror, like she should be, when all of a sudden, she hangs her head and looks depressed.


"Helena? What's the matter?"

"I wish I knew my father, Soleil. I wish he was here to see me get married, but instead, my slutty mother just had a one night stand with him and dumped him."

Helena's never gotten along with her mother because of their lifestyle differences. I know that's why Helena has such strict morals, she never wanted to become like her mother. I always thought her mother was a very kind person, but Helena couldn't get over her mother's behavior long enough to see past it and get to know her at all.


"Well, Helena, you have a bunch of people today who are here to see you get married, and we all support you. Besides, Alex is walking you down the aisle, so it's not like you'll have to walk the aisle all alone."

"Yeah, I guess. It's just hitting me hard today cause it's like my father probably doesn't even know he has a daughter. My mother never told the guys she slept with that she was pregnant, she just raised us herself, depriving us of our fathers."

"I don't know, Helena, your mother sounds like a strong lady. It's not an easy task raising a child, even with a partner. I think you should give her more credit."

"She brings it on herself though!"

I try not to laugh out loud at Helena since more than half of the time, Helena is bringing things on herself, and it is so ironic that she would say that sentence. I finish styling Helena's hair, putting some jeweled hair clips in her hair, and the tiara she had bought.


"Helena, you look gorgeous. I just need to do your makeup now."

"Thank you so much, Soleil. You really made my hair pretty, but it's still modest and not too out there."

"You're welcome. I picked up some tips from the stylists who do my hair for photo shoots. Did Dustin tell you where your honeymoon will be?"

"Yeah, he's taking me to Hawaii. I'm excited."

The sanctuary of the Silicon Shores Cathedral was decorated with some candles and flowers up towards the front, and a long aisle runner in yellow ran down the middle. Helena had picked white and yellow for her wedding colors. There weren't very many guests, mainly because Helena didn't have very many friends. Dustin had invited Luther and Noelle, whom Helena surprisingly approved to be on the guest list, I'm guessing because she didn't have many friends.


When the time came to start the wedding, I called Max to check on Dustin's whereabouts to see if it was safe to bring Helena downstairs just outside the sanctuary doors. Max gave me the all clear, so I brought Helena downstairs where Max, Alex, and Patrick were waiting in the foyer of the cathedral.


"Helena, you look beautiful."

"Thank you, Alex. Thanks so much for walking me down the aisle."

"Of course. I'm happy to help."


"Max, where's Dustin? He won't see me before, right?"

"Don't worry, Helena, Dustin's in the sanctuary already. You look amazing today. Just stand off to the side by that fireplace when the doors open."



When Soleil and Helena came into the room, I couldn't get over how hot Soleil looked. I also don't think I'd ever seen Helena look so nice. The old organ music started playing, so Soleil and I knew that was our cue to go in and join Dustin at the front of the cathedral.


After we made our way to the front, Patrick came in. He looked so adorable in his tiny tuxedo. He came over and stood by me.


Bridal music started playing and Helena was led into the cathedral by Dad. I was in awe of him and his willingness to be a part of my life. Just because Helena was my sister, Dad didn't hesitate to help her out in a time of need.


Dad walked up to the front with Helena, and took his seat after handing her off to Dustin. They chose not to write their own vows, opting for the traditional church vows since Helena is deeply religious. After the exchanging of the rings, they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.


The wedding was sweet and I was happy for my best friend and my sister. Helena had wanted to get married and have her own family for as long as I can remember, so I was glad that she was finally getting to fulfill that dream. The reception was held out on the back part of the cathedral, and it consisted of dinner and dessert.


The view from the patio was gorgeous. The cathedral towered over the entire city, and I felt like I was on top of the world. After dinner was over, and the cake had been cut, I noticed Soleil over by the railing, probably admiring the skyline. I walked up behind her and hugged her around her waist.

"Soleil, are you all right?"

"Yeah I guess. I'm just tired. I've been up since like 6:00 this morning. It's been a long day."


Soleil tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and turns around to face me. We wrap our arms around each other and just look out at the city.

"We have a great life, don't we, Maximus?"

"Yeah, I think so. Soleil, are you sure you're all right? You seem sad."

"I feel old. Patrick's already in school, and I guess I just feel like before I know it, he'll be sixteen, and I'll be old."


"Oh baby, it's okay. I know what you mean, people who have children sometimes seem older than those who don't. We were really young when we had him, though, so we've still got the rest of our lives ahead of us."

"Max, I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Someone taps me on my shoulder, and I turn around to see Helena. She wants to do wedding photos now while all the city lights are vibrant and she can get the best view. I hug Soleil tight and kiss her cheek, then we walk hand in hand to finish our duties as best man and maid of honor.


Since this is a wedding chapter, I thought I'd end it with a bunch of wedding photos. I hope you enjoy them.

Mr. and Mrs. Dustin and Helena Xavier


Best Man and Maid of Honor


Whole Wedding Party


Bride and Maid of Honor


Best Man and Groom


Groom, Best Man, and Ring Bearer


40 comments:

  1. *dies at the sight of Alex*
    *keeps reading*
    *dies at the sight of the pink/black haired trio*

    Man, what a great chapter. I actually... Kinda liked Helena in this chapter. She wasn't as spazzy and bitchy as I thought she was going to be on her wedding day. XD Sucks that her father couldn't be there.. Well, she doesn't even know who he is, I can see how that would bother her a little, but, I was happy to see her keep her cool for the most part.
    Max and Soleil.. I don't think I'll ever stop loving that couple. Like, ever. Never ever.
    I loved all of the pictures at the end, too! You did such a fantastic job with this chapter, I really liked it!
    *sniffles and wipes a tear away*
    It was so beautiful T_T LOL

    Awesome update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments. =) Helena needed one day where she wasn't being a crazy bitch, LOL. For the most part, Dustin does make her happy, so that's helping keep her spazziness at bay, at least for the wedding day. It is kind of sad that Helena doesn't know her dad, it's something she's really wanted her whole life, and she envies Max a lot that Alex is in his life. At least she was able to get over that initial depression she had in the morning and not let it ruin her day.
      Max and Soleil are amazing together, Patrick is one lucky little person, to have those two as parents. LOL. I wuv them together too. XD

      Delete
  2. those wedding pictures are so cute and i feel helena pain. i know my real father but he's so not involve the way i want him to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for the compliment. =)
      Helena does feel sad about the fact she doesn't know her father, but hopefully now that she has Dustin she can feel more complete.
      =/ Sorry to hear about your father.
      Thank you for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete
  3. Very cute wedding!!!! Helena finally has her day - I wander if she is going to calm down now?? Alex is so hot - I think I prefer him to Max (hides under a chair!!) although I dont think he looks old enough to be Max's Dad. Patrick looked very cute in his little tux.
    Impatiently waiting for the next chapter now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Great job for catching up. =)
      Helena is happier, finally getting one of the things she has wanted her whole life. She's still a possessive, jealous person, so... don't know if she'll like calm down forever. She definitely likes the drama.
      LOL, it's ok, I'm not mad that you think Alex is hotter, mrsoogieboogie definitely did a superb job creating him. LOL. Alex was a baby daddy I downloaded for my other story, the 100 Baby Challenge, and so he and a Sim I made had Max. XD In the baby challenge, the time spans are kind of fucked up (I'm sure you are aware since you've been playing a baby challenge too) because I have to play on Epic, so I didn't really have an exact age for Alex to be when I moved him into this story. I just think of him as aging gracefully, you know, like he's 45, but he looks like he's 29 type of thing. LOL. Thanks so much for reading and leaving all those wonderful comments! I replied to all of them in case you didn't know yet. XD

      Delete
  4. Awesome chapter! I loved the wedding photo's at the end. Everyone looked amazing, and all the men hot of course. I'm so glad that Helena is behaving herself. She didn't turn into a bridezilla, I give her props for that! I actually, like last chapter, didn't want to punch her in the throat. LOL. When I saw the picture of everyone eating at the reception, my first thought was. How hard was that to get to shoot. I can never get my sims to all sit down at the same time to eat. LOL. I know, random right. Anyhoo, great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! =) Helena is a bit happier, finally getting one of the things she has always wanted, which was to be married. LOL, the random thought is pretty valid, actually, and it was very time consuming to get them to all eat at the same time. XD

      Delete
  5. Yay, wedding chapter!

    Hee hee, Patrick does look cute in his little tux! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rednemenon! =)
      Thanks, Patrick and his tiny tux are so cute, I want to pinch his cheeks even though I hate it when people did that to me. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Hey!

    I finally finished reading, sorry it took so long! >.< I love this sooo much, your'e a very talented writer! Soliel and Maximus are the PERFECT couple, and Helena and Dustin are GORGEOUS together! Helena seemed quite cool and collected (apart from missing her father, but I'm sure anybody would feel like that. Kinda like Mama Mia!) which was totally unexpected. I thought she'd be the opposite xD Why is everyone so good looking?! Patrick was very cute in his tux too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emral! =) Thanks for reading! *blushes from your compliments* ^_^
      LOL, Helena was pretty okay on her wedding day because she was finally getting something she's always wanted, and Dustin really does make her happy. She becomes crazy and psychotic when she doesn't get what she wants O_O or when her jealousy rears its ugly head. Haha, ooh Mamma Mia, I enjoyed that movie a lot. ROFL, I can't stand ugly Sims, so that's why they're all supermodels. I loved dressing Patrick up in his tux. >_<

      Delete
  7. Love love love! Oh I loved this chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taina! =) Thank you for reading and commenting. ^_^

      Delete
  8. Even though Helena was really nasty before, I'm really happy for her and that she found happiness with someone. Such a nice wedding. :) It was so thoughtful of Soleil, Max and his dad to take care of the couple like that. I guess it also makes Soleil and Max think of their own love to one another. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emerain! :)
      Heehee, yeah, Helena is an odd person. But she's not really a bad person as far as having a vendetta against people or anything. Her beliefs just rub people the wrong way a lot of the time. She's awkward, and jumps to conclusions way too easily, which usually causes her to be nasty when she assumes.
      Dustin is Max's best friend, so for sure he'd be there for Dustin and his bride to be. Of course, Helena being his sister, too, he wants her to be happy. Alex is part of the family now since him and Max have a solid friendship. He'd do anything for his son. Soleil is the closest thing Helena has to a best friend, so she helped as well.
      Romance was in the air all around, especially with the view from the cathedral. :) Max and Soleil are definitely really in love and they like thinking about it in their own special way.
      Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  9. Those are some really fantastic wedding shots :D

    I wonder what's going to happen with Helena and St. Dustin... Has she ever thought much past the wedding? I mean, I know she wants kids... idk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! =) I had lots of fun with the pictures in this chapter.

      Think ahead? What's that? LOL. Helena doesn't know what that means. She's under the delusion that being married will mean her life is perfect and everything she wants will fall into place without any effort on her part. O_O

      Delete
  10. Very pretty wedding.... Alex was a nice guy to be her Dad for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) I had lots of fun getting all the wedding shots for this chapter and building the church for it. Alex is really nice, that's where Max gets it from. =)

      Delete
  11. Aww beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I had a lot of fun building the set and taking pictures for this. :)

      Delete
  12. Awesome wedding chapter! The photos were awesome and all the men were sexy and handsome! The women were gorgeous and beautiful! Patrick was so adorable! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you so much! :) This chapter was tons of fun. I'm glad you enjoyed. :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for finally giving Helena the perfect wedding day that she's always dreamed of, to go with the complete hunk and sweetheart groom that appreciates her for who she is. She needs someone like him who can tell her to calm down when she's being crazy!

    I also like the fact that she and Max are actually acting like brother and sister in this chapter. I think Dustin has a lot to do with that. Helena and Soleil looked gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you're welcome. When I introduced Dustin in the story, and decided to have him be her boyfriend, I knew eventually I was going to have them get married. :) Things just don't always go smoothly 24/7 for any of my characters. LOL, you're well aware, you read Blink of an Eye. XD

      Max always loved Helena, and she always loved him to, in her own wierd way. Their problem was that again, Helena pushed him away by accusing him and making him feel bad about himself. Sister or not, that's not an environment that is pleasant for anyone. Max should not have to feel miserable just because his sister is the one doing it. He always wanted her to be happy, but it was never his job to make her happy. I wouldn't say Dustin changed Max's feelings about Helena at all, the love has always been there, but when you're crazy like Helena is, you are a difficult person to love. Also, Helena needed to learn to show love to her brother as well, but she was terrible about it. Most of Helena's problems, she brings down on herself, LOL. She does appreciate your sympathy though. :)

      Delete
  14. At least Helena wasn't a bridezilla, just a normal bride on her wedding day, with all the mixed emotions it can bring. Such a handsome wedding party! Love all the wedding pics! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, Helena had all the attention on her, so she was satisfied. A lot of the time when she goes all psycho is because she wants attention.
      Thanks so much! This was one of my favorite chapters to put together. :) I'm so glad it paid off. XD

      Delete
  15. Aww what a sweet chapter...I've been trying to lay off a little..I don't want to make your account explode with notifications :( lol but everything was beautiful and the yellow color was very fitting with everything and everyone. Alex was so sweet to walk Helena down the aisle. I understand Helena being upset about her dad not being there but she needs to move on because there's plenty of people who do care about her...I'm not sure how I feel about Helena calling her mom a slut :S she probably blew that whole situation out of proportion I mean yeah maybe her mom slept around and she does have a right to be mad over her that to an extent but that really has nothing to do with her. Max and Patrick looked great Dustin looked great too. It kinda sucks Helena made them take traditional vows...writing your own vows is so sentimental and heart felt but I guess everybody has different opinions on that :) Soleil still looks young..she's not even old lol but I understand what she's saying...time does fly and before she knows it Patrick will be 18 but that's exciting I can't wait to see how Patrick will be when he gets older.... I kind of cheated lol I glanced at one of the Parrick chapters...lol just one but I will be reading about him pretty soon.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patrick*
    I promise you English is my first language...lol I'm just typing on my stupid phone and the auto correct just messed things up

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wedding pictures are just beautiful :) I love how you can see the city and all the lights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, haha, don't worry about the notifications, I actually think it's really fun when I get a bunch of comments all in a row. LOL. Read as fast or as slow as you want, I'll reply when I can. XD

      Helena's Sim's favorite color is yellow so I thought that should be her wedding color LOL. Alex is a great guy, he sees Helena as Max's sister, even though they're technically half-siblings, and Alex has no relation to Helena. That didn't matter to Alex, Helena is Max's sister, so Alex sees her as his family. :)

      LOL, Helena is really judgmental, and when she feels something is wrong, she's very vocal about it, as you have seen in previous chapters. XD It was really mean of her to call her mom a slut, especially since her mom was a nice person, even though she slept around. Helena blows everything out of proportion, LOL, especially since you said it has nothing to do with her, which is very true. Helena also loves to make everything about her, when she really doesn't need to.

      Mmm the boys are hot. LOL. I really liked taking pictures of them. Haha, yeah, religious Helena? Of course she'd opt for the traditional vows. XD Plus, Dustin and Helena aren't a very romantic couple, so there wouldn't have been much sentiment I could have written for them. XD

      Yeah, she's not old, LOL, she just feels like she's experienced some things that most people don't experience till much later in life. Haha, Patrick is at the top of the blog too, since I'm currently writing his generation, once I switch heirs, I put their picture at the top of the blog after the first chapter of the new generation. XD

      Thank you, haha, I just had to take pictures from the balcony of that cathedral. I really love city lights. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  18. Soleil shares a nice understanding of Helena's psyche -- she strongly reacts and opposes her mother's lifestyle trying to become her opposite in terms of morality, though, exactly like her mother, "Helena is bringing things on herself".

    This could be a happy ending, but I suppose you have more surprises for us.

    Oh yes, Alex.
    Yes, Alex.
    Alex, oh.
    Do we get to see more of him? I s he going to take a shower or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm-hmm, Soleil and Helena had quite a nice talk about Helena's mother, in spite of the fact that it was somewhat of an unpleasant topic for Helena. Sometimes children do extreme things to prevent turning out like their parents, and it doesn't always work. Helena's inability to see that she is bringing things on herself, yet seeing it so clearly in other people is her main problem.

      I do have surprises for you, heehee, and this is not the end of the generation either, so there's much more to come.

      LOL, I'm glad you like Alex. He shows up in a few more chapters, yes. :)

      Delete
  19. Awe, I love this chapter; it was so sweet. So happy that everyone had a great time and Helena was able to control her negative comments. Sad that she doesn't know her father and that he couldn't be there for her. But how sweet that Alex walked her down the aisle! What a lovely guy. :) I love all the wedding photos at the end, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :D
      Helena finally got her happy day, she always wanted to be married, so I think that helped her tame her crazy pessimism for a day. Yeah, sometimes the people in your life don't have to be blood relation to be good support systems. Alex makes a great father figure to Helena, even though he's really only Max's dad.
      Thanks the shots at the end are partly why Starlight Shores is my favorite world to play in, it's just so pretty. ^_^

      Delete
  20. Helena did make a beautiful bride. I really hope her judgy days are behind her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helena can be normal... sometimes. LOL. We'll see if she remains on the path to being a decent human, or if she... yeah... turns back into her crazy ass self.

      Delete
  21. I can see why Helena goes to such an extreme with her beliefs, she is afraid of turning into her mother. Her mother seems like a strong woman, Helena needs to forget the fact that her father wasn't there and admire her mother for the wonderful job of raising two kids by herself.

    The Wedding was beautiful and I loved the dresses. Helena did make a beautiful bride and I loved the wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, her fear of turning into her mother is what drives her a lot, as well as her jealousy of Max and how he knows his father, but she doesn't. Her mother is strong, she had a lot to deal with, and she always came out on top. Max turned out very well, and Helena would have if she had listened to her mother instead of shutting her out.

      Thank you! I enjoyed shooting this wedding, and taking pictures for it. :D Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com