Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Maximus Fifteen: Renewed Friendship

Soleil and I spend most of our nights sitting together wondering when we'll get news about Patrick. It's only been a few days since he's gone missing, but his birthday is tomorrow, and it's making the fact that he's not here even harder. We've both been going to work still, despite it, and trying not to let this incident consume us to the point where we can't function. Tonight is just another one of those nights where we're sitting together trying to make each other feel better. Tonight is different though because the doorbell rang.


Soleil and I looked at each other, nervous about whether we would be getting news about Patrick, and then more nervous about what that news would be. Even though he had come into our lives accidentally, we were glad that he had. Soleil squeezed my hand tightly before we both got up and approached the door. I put my hand on the doorknob and turned it.

"Look who I found!"

To our relief, Luther walked in with Patrick. Apparently everything I had told him about Jade that day was enough to locate her crazy ass. It turns out she was trying to use Patrick to get me to be with her, which was a really stupid plan.


"Daddy! Mommy! I missed you!"

"Thank you so much, Luther!"

"It's my pleasure, even though it's just another day in the line of duty for me."

Luther hands Patrick off to me and says he has to get back to work. He's definitely stayed one of my good friends despite our less than smooth introduction when we first met.


In the months that followed Patrick's return, he was unwilling to go outside and he no longer asked to go to the park. I didn't blame him for not wanting to, but I hoped that he would figure out a way, in time, to get over his fear. Soleil and I don't want to baby him because we feel like it wouldn't benefit his growth at all. Patrick behaved and went to school, but he always played inside after he got home, even if I suggested we go outside to play catch.


"Patrick, are you okay? How was school today?"

"Yes, Momma. I'm okay. School was the usual."


"Daddy and I noticed you don't play outside any more. Are you afraid?"

"Actually, yes. I don't want someone to take me away again."

"Patrick, I know that a bad thing happened to you on one of the times you went outside, but you remember all those other times when it was fine, right? I mean, do you remember?"


"Yes I think so. It's not a very strong memory, but I remember you and Daddy taking me to the park and having fun. I guess I just thought that since I'm bigger now and I can keep myself safe that it would be better for me to just stay inside."

"Well, Daddy told me that you don't want to go outside even if he's going to be there. Do you feel like he wouldn't be able to protect you?"

"Um, yes, I mean, I think he would protect me. I guess I just wasn't ready yet."

"Okay, that makes sense. Daddy and I don't want to push you if you aren't ready, but can you promise me that you will try to learn how to play outside again? Going outside every once in a while is good for your body. You don't have to stay for very long if you get scared, and one of us will be there with you, but I don't want you to grow up knowing nothing but living in fear."


"Oh. Okay. I'll try."

"Thank you, baby. You're a good boy."

I felt a lot better after my talk with Patrick and told Max about it. I had hoped for the most part Patrick would be fine, but I wasn't surprised that he had a little bit of emotional damage from being kidnapped. I knew that he wouldn't have escaped completely unscathed suffering something traumatic like that at such a young age, but I had wishful thinking, I suppose. I did think that he seemed pretty normal considering what happened.


Helena and I are going dress shopping, and it's the first time since that day that I will be hanging out with her for the whole day. I hope she doesn't drive me too crazy. I'm trying to be as supportive as I can because for once, this day is about her.

"I don't know about this one. I don't like the black. I should be wearing all white. Don't you think so?"


"Well, Helena, if it were me, I wouldn't be too worried about the color thing, but if you don't like it, you should try something else on."

"I don't like how tight it is, either."


"Oh, Helena, you look so pretty in that dress."

"It seems too flashy."

"Are you kidding me? Helena, your wedding day is all about you. You can be as flashy as you want! You need to have some confidence in yourself."

"Okay, but I have one more to try on and then it's your turn."


The third dress Helena put on fit her like a charm. She looked so pretty in it, and from the look on her face, she liked it just as much as I did.

"Soleil! This is it. This is my dress. It's all white, and I don't feel fat in it."

"You look beautiful, Helena."


"Okay Soleil, it's your turn. I have two dresses I picked out for you."

"What do you think?"

"Hmm... it looks good on you, but let's face it, a paper bag would look good on you, Soleil."

"Ha. Helena, thank you for the compliment. I'll try the other one on and then you can choose."


"I think I like this one better. It looks more formal than the other one."

"Okay."

"Is Patrick still okay with being the ring bearer?"

"Yes, he's fine with it."


Helena looks down at the floor. Over time, she has actually come to understand that it was her fault that Patrick disappeared, causing a feeling of guilt to consume her any time his name is brought up in a conversation.

"Helena, it's okay. I already forgave you for what happened. You don't have to worry. Patrick doesn't have any ill feelings towards you. See? He's fine."

I looked over at Patrick, who had been doing his homework while sitting by one of the big mirrors. We were going to get his tuxedo fitted today as well.


"Patrick? Babe, are you at a stopping point so we can pick a tuxedo for you?"

"Yeah, sure, Momma. OoOoo, Aunt Helena, can I look like James Bond?"


Helena laughs as she looks through the racks of clothes. I think she's lightened up a little bit because of her upcoming wedding. She's still got that low self esteem and guilt that creep up once in a while, but she seems a little happier these days.

"Well, Patrick, I'll see what I can do about that."


When Patrick came out of the fitting room, he ran towards the mirror and had a very surprised look on his face.

"Aunt Helena! This is perfect! Can we get it? Can I wear it to your wedding?"

"Of course you can. I picked it out, so it means I like it too. You look great, Patrick."


"Thank you so much, Aunt Helena!"

After we all picked out our wedding attire, we headed to the cash register to pay for the clothes. I was glad that I had a day with Helena and Patrick that went smoothly, and I had renewed hope for my friendship with Helena as well as knowing Patrick was going to be okay.


32 comments:

  1. Eeee! Luther found him! *dances*

    OMFG *snuggles child Patrick to death*
    He looked so amazing in his suit! Helena actually looked nice too, though I still have a strong, burning hatred for her. Soleil of course looked amazing too! I'm actually pretty excited for this wedding. I wanna see what Max and Dustin look like in suits
    *dies from the thought*

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Officer Coleman aka Luther is fucking awesome, and he looks so hot in that cop uniform. LOLL. Patrick is adorable, I love how good he looks aged up and I loved giving him an excuse to dress up in a suit. Yeah, Helena... she's difficult. LOL, she's trying this chapter at least, which is more than I can say for her previous behavior, but maybe time is making her wiser... although I don't know, it might be temporary sanity. Oh yes, Soleil is one hot mama. LOL! Oh. em. gee. I want to see Max and Dustin in suits too, it's going to be a computer melting chapter for sure.
      Thank you!! =)

      Delete
  2. yay for renew friendships! in my opinion the only insane one was jade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Jade was quite insane. She's gone now, thankfully. They had some rough times with their friendships, but that's just life. =)
      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad Patrick was returned safe and sound by Mr. Hot Cop. I feel bad for him though being afraid to go outside and to the park because of what happened. Jade was definitely loony toons for sure. :( This was the first chapter in awhile that I didn't feel like strangling Helena and beating her senseless. She seemed...dare I say....normal? And her and Soleil actually got along and didn't fight. Seems like she finally turned a new page. I guess we'll see. Great chapter as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =)
      Mmm-mm, Luther. LOL. He's a hot one for sure. Patrick does have some fears now, but he'll probably get over them for the most part. Helena is actually trying! *gasp* LMAO. She's realized how messed up she was being earlier in her life, and she is a lot happier with Dustin in her life. Helena usually provoked Soleil during their conversations, but when she doesn't, they get along well.

      Delete
  4. Hm. Soleil is a much kinder person than I am, that´s for sure. I -might- have started to talk to Helena again, but I´d sure as hell would NEVER have agreed to spend time with her again, let alone be her bridemaid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soleil and Helena did use to be best friends, and Soleil doesn't hold grudges. Plus the fact that Helena is actually trying to be somewhat normal also helps. Thank you for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad Patrick came back safely. I'm sorry but if someone lost my child i would NEVER be able to have forgiven her even if the child came back safe and sound!! The last thing i would want to do is go wedding dress shopping with her!! Its understandable that this is going to affect Patrick and I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see how badly in his generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Patrick is the heir, so I wanted him to come back. I didn't really want him to grow up elsewhere with the kidnapper as his guardian. That's totally fair and understandable that you wouldn't want to be friends with the person who lost your child. =) I don't think most people would forgive.
      Soleil did because Patrick is safe, and that is all that mattered to her. Soleil didn't really feel like continuing to be mad at Helena would be good for either of them. I know for me, when I hold hate in against someone, I always feel like shit, so it's in my best interest to let it go. Now, whether Soleil will trust Helena to babysit Patrick ever again? Probably not. LOL.
      All things considered, Patrick is a lot better than he could have been after being the victim of a kidnapping. He will develop some other quirks because of his kidnapping, but they won't be all negative. ;)

      Delete
  6. It's really cool of them to agree to continue to be friends with her. They would have had every right to never speak to her again and turn Patrick against her.

    That's what my family would have done anyway. lol

    Can't say that I know what I'd do. Hopefully I never find out -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. =) Max and Soleil don't hold grudges, and Patrick is back, which was what mattered to them. LOL, my family probably would have done that too. O_O It's a complicated situation, and I'm sure most would have cut her out of their lives.

      Delete
  7. Thank goodness they found Patrick :) .... I hope Jade goes to prison for a long time.
    Poor kid is afraid to go out now :( .... I hope that Helena is really changing her attitude. Only time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Patrick's my gen two heir, he couldn't stay missing forever. Also I love Max and Soleil too much to not have them be a happy family again. =) Jade will be in the slammer, no worries there. Patrick does have some scars emotionally from his ordeal, but he'll be all right. Helena is trying at least in this chapter, so I'll give her credit for that.

      Delete
  8. Yay Luther found Patrick! Poor kid. I'm glad Helena realized her error and she is trying :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Luther is good at his job. Hehe, Patrick has reservations, but for the most part, he'll be fine because he's willing to try. Helena's a bit happier these days, and her attitude is lightening up, so she's trying to get better. She's also amazed how Soleil and Max forgave her for her grave mistake, so she realizes a little bit that they're great people.

      Delete
  9. Yay, hottie Luther found Patrick and brought him back! Mmmm....lol...

    Not surprising that Patrick suffered some after effects from being kidnapped. It stinks, but hopefully, over time, it'll get better. :D Glad his parent's are not pushing, but at least trying to get him to see he needs to work through it. They don't want him scared all the time, either. Great job!

    Everyone is gorgeous in their wedding attire! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm Luther... *joins in the drooling* LOL.

      Oh yes, even though he was gone for only four days, I can imagine that's pretty traumatic for a little kid! It was actually my creative way of showing Patrick's "Hates the Outdoors" trait. LOL. His parents are very well adjusted from it as well, not freaking out too much because they know it will only hurt Patrick if they poke and prod and try to force him. He'll only push back harder if they do too, and they're very much laid back parents, so they enjoy giving Patrick choices and letting him see what's good or bad, then guiding him in the right way if he happens to choose the bad path.

      Thank you! :) I enjoyed the wedding dress/tux shopping. Just wait till you see the grown up guys in their tuxes! O_O *fans self*

      Delete
  10. Poor little Patrick. I'm thrilled, but not surprised, that they found him. I hope his emotional issues won't affect him his whole life. He's such an adorable little boy!

    I'm also happy that Helena seems a lot calmer and her and Soleil are friends again. Helena needs a supportive network around her to heal and shouting at her doesn't exactly help! That's probably why I always get really annoyed at Soleil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Patrick! Haha, oh yeah, knowing that they would find him again wasn't really something I was trying to hide from readers, LOL, considering he's the heir. His emotional issues will dissipate as he grows up, it was actually my creative way of showing his "Hates the Outdoors" trait. LOL.

      Oh! That's why you got annoyed at Soleil. I was wondering LOL. These two don't exactly mesh very well together, and Soleil enjoys Helena much better when Helena's not always in her face asking her, "Are you married yet? Are you married yet? Did you sleep with another guy? Did you know Max slept with someone? Are you married yet?" Like... O_O that grates on Soleil's nerves. LOL. That's true that yelling at her doesn't help, but the frustration level... just... sometimes can't be helped. You'd need the patience of a god to put up with Helena LOL.

      But yes, Soleil had no hesitation accepting Helena's maid of honor request. She wants to be there for Helena, but Helena constantly pushes her away by irritating her to no end. In this chapter, they were talking about things where Helena wasn't judging Soleil and telling her she sucked, so they got along. :)

      Delete
  11. Nice to see Patrick returned safe & sound. I hope he doesn't suffer too many lingering effects from his kidnapping. I'm surprised to see that Soleil forgave Helena. I hope Helena finally realized how badly she messed up and apologized profusely to Soleil and Max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, the kidnapping was my creative attempt at describing one of Patrick's traits, which is Hates the Outdoors. XD Also, in that top description, it is implied that Luther found Jade, and she got the jail time she so rightly deserves. :D

      Soleil has a very forgiving nature, and she doesn't hold grudges. She just gets mad over and over again when Helena acts like a crazy person. If Helena calms down like she did in this chapter, Soleil doesn't mind hanging out with her. Soleil also didn't feel like it was necessary to punish Helena for something that happened in the past, especially since Patrick is fine. She probably won't ever let Helena babysit again, however, ROFL. Helena? Apologize? Let alone profusely? ROFL, seems unlikely, but at least she knows now she was wrong about it.

      Delete
  12. I'm so happy they found Patrick :) that girl jade is crazy...I would get a restraining order against her :/ lol but it sucks he's Afraid to go outside now but hopefully he comes around. He's so adorable and I can't decide whether he looks more like Soleil or Max. He looks great in the suit Helena picked out for him. Soleil's dress is pretty, yellow is a really flattering color on her. Helena's dress is beautiful also and I'm so excited for the wedding...can't wait to see what happens when she gets married because she wants a baby but Dustin hasn't really said anything about kids yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wanted Patrick to come home eventually, since he's the heir. Oh, LOL, it's okay, Jade is behind bars, convicted of kidnapping. They won't have any problems with her anymore, especially since Max made it really obvious that he wasn't going to go running to Jade, even when she was holding Patrick captive.

      LOL, his afraid to go outside was me trying to be creative describing his "Hates the Outdoors" trait. XD Like I wanted a creative reason for him to have that trait, which is why he got kidnapped. Looking at Patrick more, I think it's hard to tell when he is a child who he looks like, but I think that he is a pretty balanced mix of his parents.

      Thanks! I like dressing my Sims up in fancy clothes. XD Eee, the wedding chapter was pretty fun to write, I hope you enjoy it when you read it. :D

      Delete
  13. Mistery solved, and that was quick. Is Jade going to jail? Will she build plans of revenge on Max and Soleil in her long hours spent in solitary confinement?

    Glad about this update, and how Helena was able to recognize that it was partially her fault that Patrick disappeared -- and I stress the "partially" because it was a series of events that led to it. But it has definitely softened her, more than the upcoming wedding.

    Patrick looking like James Bond is just lovely.

    A curiosity -- who is snoring in the picture where Soleil and Patrick are talking on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't want to drag out the kidnapping because everything I wanted to happen as a result of it, I discussed in the last chapter. Yes, Jade is going to jail, she's not very smart, so she had insurmountable amounts of evidence against her. LOL. I'm done with Jade, so no, she won't be building plans of revenge against Max and Soleil. Helena is the only source of conflict Max and Soleil need, she's quite the handful just by herself.

      Helena finally grew a little bit as a person, and the recognizing that she was at fault, was all Soleil wanted that day at the police station. You are right, the partially is very true because Helena is very vain in her perceptions, and I mean, she's very quick to think she's right in any argument.

      Heehee, I love dressing up little sim boys. They're so cute.

      Your curiosity - it was Max. He had come home from his job and went to sleep. It was actually quite late when Patrick started doing his homework.

      Delete
  14. Yaaaay! Patrick's back home! I'm so relieved. Soleil is such a great mom, making sure Patrick is okay and trying to help him to overcome his fear of venturing back outdoors. So sad that he even has that fear, though, the poor boy.
    Wow. Helena really is starting to loosen up and open up a bit. Don't get me wrong, she still has a lot of work, but I can see the change. Dustin seems to really good for her. I'm glad. And although Patrick is still afraid of the outdoors, at least he does not fear his Aunt. And yay! A wedding approaches! So exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! *throws confetti* Patrick's the heir, so I didn't want to have him be gone for too long, especially since I didn't want to do a "kidnapping/growing up with the kidnapper" for Patrick's generation. Teehee, Patrick's fear was my way of telling how he developed the "Hates the Outdoors" trait. ;)
      Helena is finally happy, for once in her life. The wedding planning and seeing that she can have a future with Dustin is making her see that she can have good things too. She's focusing on herself in a healthy way for once. Mmhmm, Patrick knows Helena is not going to hurt him, even though she was dumb and left him alone. Haha, I had great fun in anticipation of the wedding chapter. :D

      Delete
  15. Nope, wouldn't be me. I don't think I could have still been her friend. She would have had to go to counseling or something to work on her issues. Soleil is way more forgiving than I would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wrote this knowing very well that most people would never be able to forgive Helena like Soleil did. Soleil has a rare quality. She doesn't hold grudges, and she only wanted Patrick back safe and sound. Did Helena make a huge ridiculous stupid ass mistake? Of course she did. Does Soleil know that? Oh yeah she does. Soleil probably won't allow Helena to babysit anymore, LOL, but she really does believe in second chances. Had Patrick died or something like that, the situation between Soleil and Helena would have been vastly different. Plus, do you really think that counseling would help Helena? I mean, she's seriously fucked up in the head. LOL.

      Delete
  16. Thankfully they found Patrick and I felt like it was Jade that took him. The poor kid is afraid to go out and play anymore :( What I can't believe is that they are still talking to Helena, I worry about her future kids if she lets her jealousy do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah LOL, Jade was the only real suspect who would even want Patrick.
      Max and Soleil have a large capacity for forgiveness, more than most people, but it just shows how awesome they both are.
      Well... no one said Helena was going to have kids, but she will need to reign in her jealousy if she ever wants that in her future.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com