Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Maximus Twenty: Temptation Awaits

After Patrick and I come home from hanging out with Dustin, Patrick runs off to do his homework. Soleil is sitting at the counter reading a book. When she sees me come in, she hops down from the chair, giving me a huge hug and a quick peck on the lips.


"Hey, baby. Did you and Patrick have fun?"

"Yeah we did. He was a bit cranky at first, but he got better."

"How's Dustin?"

"Well... not good. Helena still hasn't apologized and is being selfish as usual. She made Dustin go to church with her today."

"Seriously? She tells him she doesn't like his job and then makes him go do something else he doesn't like? She's still that pain in the ass I met so long ago. I remember her asking me to go to church with her, like, all the time."

"How was your day? That eyeshadow is hot, by the way. It makes me want to do dirty things to you."


"Thanks. Pretty good. I'm going to be on Vogue's fall edition. I got the cover, and I'm going to be on a billboard."

"Holy shit, babe, that's exciting! Mm, I can't wait to see you when I drive down the road. Hopefully I don't get too distracted and forget to watch where I'm going."

Soleil reaches up and touches my cheek, purring while she traces my jawline with her finger.

"You better not mess up that pretty face."


"What's the billboard going to be advertising?"

Soleil grins at me seductively, and looks deep into my eyes, toying with me by making me wait for the answer to my question. Finally she leans her face close to my ear, and speaks into it. She's so close that I can feel her lips graze my ear as she talks.

"Obsession perfume."

"Damn. That sounds super hot."

"Not as hot as you."


After church, Dustin left, dropping the car keys in my hand, and taking a taxi to go have lunch with Max. He didn't talk to me other than tell me where he was going. I watched him walk away, wishing he would hold me close to him again. Then I turned and went the opposite direction to where the car was parked. I drove home, changed back into my pajamas, grabbed a tub of ice cream out of the freezer, and sat down with a romantic comedy.


At some point, I fell asleep, only being woken up by my cell phone ringing. I picked up and it was my friend Robert from church. He mentioned that he saw me looking sad today after church, and wanted to know if I needed a friendly face. I changed into a tshirt and some sweats and arranged to meet him at the coffee shop that was close to my house.


When I got there, he waved me over to his table, and I saw that he had already ordered some drinks for us. Robert's hair was neatly combed and it was always styled enough that it never went into his eyes, as well as always being clean shaven.

"So Helena, what's up?"


"I'm having a big fight with Dustin. I went to his movie premiere with him and when we got back I told him that I wished he would get a regular job. He blew up at me, saying he wasn't in it for the fame, but I saw how much he enjoyed being the center of attention."

"Well, at least you finally got him to come to church with you."

Robert and I share a laugh because he knows how long I have been wanting to share the church part of my life with Dustin. The laughter doesn't stay in my system for very long, though, and I find myself staring at Robert as he drinks his coffee.


"It was reluctantly, like pulling teeth, but he did come."

"That's always the first step, though, getting them in the door."

"He doesn't see what I see about his career. I want to trust him, but I feel like over time he'll get bored with me, and ditch me for one of those prettier girls who are more than willing to fawn all over him."

"Does he treat marriage as something sacred?"

"Yeah, I think so. When I was dating him, he was never one of those flirty guys like my brother."

Robert squeezes my hand once and assures me everything will be fine.


"I don't think you have anything to worry about, Helena, it sounds like Dustin will always be faithful to you."

"As long as that temptation is there, I'm going to be worried. I just wish he'd get a job where there weren't so many pretty girls around."

"Temptation is a dangerous thing. I'll pray for you guys."

"Thanks, Robert. That makes me feel a lot better."


Soleil is so close to me right now and I love it. I wonder how soon her billboard will be put up and I'm super excited for her. I don't know why the idea of her on a billboard is making me so hot, but it's probably because I've seen perfume ads and they usually don't make the models wear much. I stare down Soleil's body as it mesmerizes me, from her boobs to her small waist, down her hips, as well as the feel of her butt in my hand. Soleil's staring at me too, and I can see the lust in her eyes. I steal a glance at the clock on the wall, and get a little annoyed because it's not close enough to Patrick's bedtime. I don't want to traumatize him by giving him any awkward situations that he might walk in on.


"Dammit."

"Not ten o'clock yet?"

"No."

"Take a shower with me, Mmmmaximus."

Suddenly, Soleil gives me a naughty grin and grabs my hand, emphasizing the first "m" in my name. I feel like she just read my mind.


Perfect. No chance of him walking in on us if we're in the bathroom. I love Soleil so much. As soon as we get in the bathroom, I lean against the door and press the lock behind me. We strip each other's clothes off and make out like horny teenagers. I'm guessing Soleil just wanted to give us some privacy by luring me into the bathroom because Patrick isn't asleep yet. I push her up against the wall and she lets out a little moan.


"So, Soleil, when you shot that perfume ad, how little were you wearing?"

"Mmm, are you talking dirty to me?"

"Maybe."

"Wasn't wearing much more than I am now. Just some little lacy panties."

Damn. I can't think straight anymore. I kiss her cheek, then move down to her neck while pinning her hands above her head.


"Was there anyone else in the ad with you?"

"Yeah. He was only wearing underwear too."

"Not lacy panties I hope?"

Soleil giggles at my joke. I let her hands down and she touches me, making me tremble a little at the contact her hand makes with my skin because she just sent an electrifying feeling through my body.

"No, it was particularly manly underwear. Mm, and he laid on me, pretending to kiss my neck."

"You mean like this?"

I pick Soleil up and place her gently on the bathroom rug, kissing her collarbone and neck.


"Mm yeah. Then I climbed over him like this, and pretended to kiss him."

After I'm ready, Soleil lowers herself on me, kissing me passionately. She's going at it pretty fast, and I hang onto her while moving my hips with hers. She's making me feel so good right now. We rock back and forth pretty hard for a few minutes and then she collapses on my shoulder.


"I love you, Max."

"I love you too."


When I get back, Dustin is sitting on the couch watching television. He doesn't look up when I come in. I walk over and sit next to him.


"Hi, Dustin."

"Hey."

He sounds sullen, not angry, just indifferent. He doesn't look at me when he talks, but I was happy that he acknowledged my talking to him. If there's anything I can be happy for at the moment, it's that any time I talk to Dustin, he responds. I don't know what I would do if he gave me the silent treatment.


"Um, can we turn off the tv for a second? I have something to ask you."

Dustin reaches for the remote, does as I ask, and then looks at me as if he's annoyed. I get scared that he's going to leave, so I gently grab his foot since it's the only part of him I can reach at the moment.


"I wonder if we should try marriage counseling."

Dustin sighs heavily, turns around on the couch, and looks down at his lap. I fear I may have pushed another button of his.

"Helena, do you seriously not understand why I am upset with you?"


"Um, cause I want you to change, and you don't like change."

"No. Try again."

"Dustin, your job isn't good for you."

"Stop. Don't talk anymore."

"But what did I do? Tell me why you're upset."

"You made me feel like shit, Helena! I have worked my ass off to get to where I am in my career, and it would be nice if you didn't act like the very thought of something I LOVE is so repulsive to you! THAT'S why I'm fucking upset!"


I'm caught off guard when a tear falls down Dustin's cheek. I scoot closer to him and put my arm around him, feeling him shaking.

"I didn't know me asking that would have such a big effect on you."

"How could you not know that? Is it not obvious that I love what I do?"

"I thought you just loved the attention."

"Last night I said I like the job, were you not listening? I have fun doing it."


"I'm sorry, I just want you to have as much fun with me as you do at your job."

"What are you talking about? I brought you to my premiere because I wanted you to have fun with me, not because I thought my job was better than you. I wouldn't have brought you with me if I didn't want you to be a part of it."

"Will you sleep in our bed tonight?"

"Yeah, I could do that."

Dustin gets up from the couch, and my heart flutters in my chest when he turns around and extends his hand to help me off the couch. We walk to our bedroom in silence, but still holding hands. I watch Dustin as he changes into his pajamas and he smiles at me when he sees me watching him. He lays down on the bed and after I change, I rest my head on his chest and hug him tightly.


"Dustin, are you still mad at me?"

"A little, but I believed you when you said you didn't know how much your words hurt. You don't need to be jealous, okay? I'm your husband, so you're the only girl I'm ever going to be with."

"Okay. Thank you for coming to church with me today."

"You're welcome."

"Can you make that a regular thing? Like come with me every Sunday?"

I'm scared Dustin's going to get upset with me again for asking him about church, but he rubs my back softly and doesn't make any attempt to roll over or get upset. I can hear his heartbeat in his chest and then I hear his voice resonating as he answers me.


"I'll go to church with you whenever I don't have a work conflict. I know it's important to you."

"Okay, thank you, Dustin."

38 comments:

  1. I like how Dustin was willing to compromise and do something he doesn't like when Helena at least seemed to listen to what he was saying instead of just hearing it.

    And I kept expecting Patrick to walk in on the shower not thinking that his parents would be doing anything but showering. You built it up so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Seera!
      Dustin is an amazing guy. Helena better watch herself. LOL. Dustin knows that in a relationship, and especially a marriage, compromise is very important. He doesn't see any problem with doing some things that Helena wants, but she needs to learn that way of thinking too or she'll push him away again.

      Haha! Yeah, Patrick was upstairs, he has plenty of stuff to distract him in the upstairs part of the house, like his homework, toy chest, and television. Thank you! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast between story lines in this chapter. Was neat how you set it up. One one side you have a couple who is 100 percent committed and just wants to see the other happy and to succeed. I loved the sex scene with Max and Soleil how she was describing how the photo shoot went with Absolon. Max wasn't jealous one bit, because he is secure in the fact that Soleil loves him and only him. I really liked it. Also, it was good that poor little Patrick didn't walk in on them getting there freaks on. The poor kid has already been kidnapped by a psycho and doesn't need that added on his poor psyche. LOL

    As for Dustin and Helena. Well...at least they got to talk, and Dustin will go to church with her since he loves her. Now I have no problems with religion whatsoever, but some use it as a crutch, and I have a feeling that's whats going to happen with Helena. I also got a bit worried when she held hands with Robert. Sure it could have been innocent, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she is the one that ends up cheating breaking Dustin's heart. So excited to see where that story line goes too. At least for now, the chapter ended in a happy place, but they still don't seem very happy together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thanks. Yup you're right, the married couple is having issues, and the non-married one is totally fine. Goes to show a piece of paper doesn't have to be the answer to true love. LOL, I liked writing them talking dirty, and Soleil's creative way of telling Max how her shoot went. Max has to work with other girls too and when his character has to kiss a girl, he actually has to kiss her. He knows how the business works and that there is no reason to be jealous. Max locked the door before they did anything. That's also why they went in the bathroom, Soleil didn't really need a shower, but their bed isn't in its own room with a door.

      Dustin knows about that magic thing called compromise. LOL. Especially when you're married, there's going to be stuff your spouse does that isn't really your cup of tea, but if it's not like a massively huge deal, then sometimes you just have to be like, okay. If Helena tries to pull more religious stuff on him that is designed to change him, he's not going to go for that, but he's okay with attending. Sadly, Helena hasn't figured out this magical compromise thing. Dustin is still a little pissed off at her because he doesn't really think she understands fully, and he's also pretty positive she will bring this up again, as well as her jealous streak always lurking in the corners.

      Helena does use religion as a crutch. She has really, her whole life. Her deep seated morals are what she always uses as an excuse, like when she treated Max and Soleil like shit in earlier chapters. She thinks because she believes the morals, that she has a right to judge people. It's not really the way religion is supposed to work, but unfortunately, that's what Helena sees. *evil grin* You noticed the hand holding with Robert. No guarantees either way where I want to take the story line, but you'll just have to wait and see.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  3. i totally get helena. honestly when i was high school i had low self-esteem and i didn't think i was as pretty as the other girls. Heck i used to tell my mom my younger sis by three years was the pretty one and i was the smart one. also i think her mom behavior really traumatize her which effected her trust issue. i think helena needs to tell dustin all her fears and i think it might relieve some of that tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right in that Helena just needs to talk to Dustin more. A lot of times it's the secrets that people keep that make the other person crazy. LOL. Yes, her experience with her mother really did cause a lot of her trust issues.

      Aww, sorry about that low self-esteem stuff. It sucks. I've had that problem before too. Honestly though I feel like those labels, smart one, or pretty one, can contribute to the feelings of low self-esteem cause I feel like labels limit people.

      Aaaanyway, haha, thanks so much for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  4. I love the way you showed the two contrasting relationships. How Max is not threatened or Jealous about her photo shoot with Absolon. Helena on the other hand (rolls eyes) she is really getting to me one chapter I hate her - next chapter I feel sorry for her - another chapter I want to hug her!!! Poor Dustin I feel so sorry for him - can she not see he is committed to her - shes all take and no give. I hate to say this but Helena and Robert are probably more suited :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =) Confidence plays a huge part in this chapter, hmm, maybe I should have named it that. LOL. Max and Soleil are confident with themselves, so it shows in their relationship. Plus they both know how the business works, and that it's just all professional.

      Helena is probably the most complicated character in this story. She's not a bad person, but she acts really mean sometimes. When she's alone, her thoughts gravitate towards feeling sorry for herself. She doesn't like herself much, so she projects her insecurities onto other people, and it also makes her think that no one else can really like her either. No, she doesn't really see that Dustin is committed, even with the obvious signs, like him telling her flat out all the time. Sadly, the only way she'd fully believe it is if Dustin gave into all of her demands, which he won't. Yeah, she's really all take, and she doesn't understand how to have a relationship. LOL, yeah Robert seems to understand more about the church part of her, but knowing Helena, if she were to get with Robert, she'd still probably find something about him she wanted to change. In the early years of her and Dustin, Dustin seemed to really understand how to talk to her.
      Thanks so much for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete
  5. "What are you talking about? I brought you to my premiere because I wanted you to have fun with me, not because I thought my job was better than you. I wouldn't have brought you with me if I didn't want you to be a part of it."

    "Will you sleep in our bed tonight?"

    ^this worries me. No acknowledgment about what he said. Just, Imma let you finish, but...

    Sigh, oh Helena...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right to sigh about Helena. Good job noticing that she didn't say anything about what he said. It's not a good sign, she likes to avoid questions or dodge things she's uncomfortable with. Communication between Dustin and Helena is not their strong suit, not even a little bit, and it's definitely not going to be good in the long run. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete
  6. Sigh.. What am I going to do with you, Helena? Do I need to throw you off a high cliff into shark infested waters again? 'Cause I still kinda want to. Though it seems that their relationship is slowly getting better, I still see nothing but bad things in their future. Poor Dustin. U_U Oh yeah and wtf? Helena can talk to her stupid friend Robert and let him touch her hand and stuff but she can't talk to Dustin?? UGH Sorry, got a little mad there. Idc if Helena isn't happy, I just don't want to see Dustin so sad. She's just doing all of this to herself.

    Max and Soleil, ugh, perfection, like always. I liked how Soleil told him about the shoot and he was so okay with it. Then again, my wouldn't he be? He's amazing.
    *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO. Shark infested waters. Make sure to give her a cut first so the sharks are attracted to the blood. *evil grin* *sigh* Dustin's just trying to be nice, but apparently Helena's not trying much on her side. As Dustin said before, he's feeling pretty annoyed cause he feels like he's the only one giving while Helena just keeps taking. Historically, Helena's been pretty good at bringing things onto herself, so sadly for Dustin, it doesn't mean great things for their marriage. She seems to be falling apart now that Dustin put the baby thing on hold. She's so dumb sometimes, the answer is right in front of her, just be okay with Dustin's job and trust that he won't cheat on you, and he'll be fine having a kid with you. Helena's hypocritical side is back, shown by how she hung out with Robert and didn't tell Dustin.

      Soleil and Max told each other about their days while only Helena knew about Dustin's day, and didn't tell him about the rest of her day. That's precisely why Max and Soleil get along so well, cause they're so willing to just talk to each other.

      Delete
  7. I had a feeling there had been an update here I did not comment on yet...

    Given that I am late, more or less everything has already been said in the comments above, but still- Helena, wtf?! When little Miss perfect went to meet that guy I could not help but wonder what SHE would say if Dustin did anything like that. And then she did not even tell him about it... then again, he did not ask about her day, either.
    I hate to say it, but I hope she runs of with Mr. Churchguy and lives the perfect bible proof life with him, so that thad Dustin can move on and eventually find a guy or girl that appreciates him. Gets a chance to be happy for once instead of constantly wasting his time trying to explain to Helena how to use her brain >.<
    Max and Sol? Carry on you lovely people. Be ready to support Dustin after the split up *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, I don't mind people saying "Helena, wtf" over and over again. >:D She needs to hear it... >:[ Dustin was still pretty pissed off at her this chapter, so he didn't really have concern about her day. Sounds mean, yeah, but Helena was mean to him last chapter and he's still hurting. Communication between them is not good and is breaking down pretty badly. Ha, you know what she'd say, she'd flip out and go nuts on him. Her hypocritical side is really bright and glaring this chapter.
      Hmm I don't know about her running off with Church Guy, but I do agree that Dustin can do so much better. Oh and don't you worry, Max and Soleil will catch Dustin with open arms when Helena finally pushes him away once and for all.

      Delete
  8. Good Lord! I come back to your story and Helena's fallen apart again! I just don't see their marriage lasting if stuff like this continues. That's just one of those rules that people try to break. You can't change your spouse/partner. Ain't gonna happen! Great couple of chapters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Haha, never a drama free moment in my story. *evil grin* Helena is definitely busting the seams of their marriage, too bad she's too stupid to see that herself. If it falls, it'll be her fault. Ugh, changing your spouse, I see it all too often, and I hate it.
      Thanks for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  9. St. Dustin.<3

    I'm a sucker for a good guy - and he's surreal. Don't get me wrong - I adore Max and Soleil. They're a perfect couple and so sweet to eachother. I adore that they're still as passionate for each other - and I'm amazed Max didn't get jealous talking about her being mostly naked with another dude. I know he's Max, but I was a might worried....

    Though, now that I think of it, I know who's going to be the one to freak out. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Dustin is amazing. I love writing awesome guys. LOL. Max knows it's just another work day for Soleil, and since he's in the business too, he has to do stuff like that sometimes, so it's kind of a "shrugs shoulders" situation. =) I liked using the potential jealous situation and turning it into something good.

      Mm yes, the typical one who will freak out... LOL.

      Delete
  10. I wonder if anything will brew between Helena and Robert, especially since she's confiding in him about her marriage. Poor Dustin. Haha I know the feeling of being dragged to church by people, and then they act all shocked and stuff when I mention I don't normally go...because not going to church makes you a heretic. =/ And yep, I have been given the "church makes you a better person" speech. :P

    Max and Soleil have a really strong relationship! I'm glad Max didn't get jealous or anything of Soleil's steamy photoshoot with the other model - in fact, he seemed very turned on by it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Helena and Robert are just friends, he's the one she can talk to about church related stuff and she's not hiding the fact that she's married.

      Ugh I hate those people who drag others to church. It's like come on, LOL, I'm not a terrible person because I don't go, why is that so hard for you to understand. Haha. Dustin is way nicer than Helena could ever hope to be... so that says a lot too... *rolls eyes at Helena* LOL.

      Max and Soleil have the ultimate level of trust in their relationship, something that's really hard to achieve. In the early years of their relationship, when people kept having no faith that they would succeed as a couple, it caused them to really feel like the only people they could really trust was each other. LOL, yeah he was turned on by her talking about it. =)

      Delete
  11. Max and Soleil :)

    Dustin and Helena :( he has to leave her, she's twisted and demented and plain selfish and stupid.... she uses pity to get her way and I don't think she for one moment doesn't know that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wuv Max and Soleil. They're the best. =)

      Haha. Ugh. Helena. *screams* LOL, she is sooo selfish and stupid which is the most annoying combination ever. She does, she makes everything about her all the time and never thinks of how it affects others. Then she cries when people get upset with her and expects everyone to join in her pity party. She likes to make people feel bad and make them think they're wrong for being mad at her. She'll get what's coming to her eventually... >:D

      Delete
  12. I heart Max & Soleil...I want to be friends with them in RL! :D

    As for Dustin, I want him...seriously. ;) I don't trust Helena at all and I'm worried she will be the one that cheats on him. Can I just kick her out now and I'll marry Dustin? LOL! *fans self from overheating*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Aww, that's such an awesome compliment. Thank you. ^_^

      Hahaha, Dustin loves you for understanding his pain. LOL. As for Helena, yeah she probably shouldn't be trusted... as for what she'll do, who knows, she's a pretty loose cannon. *hands you a paper fan*

      Delete
  13. Dustin is such a great guy. He really understands the concept of give and take in a relationship. He wants to share his job, an important aspect of his life, with the woman he loves and is willing to do something that is important to her despite feeling indifferent towards it. They are back on track, but I'm certain she'll do something to sabotage it. Those self-esteem issues are too big of a deal. The fact that she wants to try marriage counselling is a start, but she needs help for her own, individual issues!

    Max and Soleil are as hot as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dustin does understand that to make a relationship work, you have to work at it. He's trying so hard, the poor guy, but he's not getting any help. It's like his marriage is a boat, and there's a hole in it, but Helena's just sitting there staring at the hole, while Dustin's trying to fix the situation. He had no problem attending church with her, his problem was that she was using church to make him feel bad. LOL, Helena does have a tendency to bring a shit-storm down onto her own head. XD

      Aww, haha, Max and Soleil are the best couple ever. :D

      Delete
  14. I love how Max wanted to know the details of Soleil's photo shoot -- not because he was jealous -- so they could act it out together. Totally hot. Now when Max sees the billboard of Soleil with Absolon, he can mentally insert himself in the picture and feel totally secure that Soleil would choose him over any model.

    Helena continues to be oblivious to how destructive her words are. I wonder if Dustin will be able to handle it over the long haul. She could use therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I greatly enjoyed making Soleil's photo shoot into the dirty talk for Max and Soleil's sexy time. I think that a couple who can do that with each other will last forever. Haha, yes, the billboard will be a constant awesome reminder of not only Soleil's success as a model, but as that time they did it in the bathroom, ROFL. Max does know everything Soleil does is strictly professional too, so he's very confident she'll always choose him. ^_^

      LOL Helena could use therapy... sadly since she's so religious, she's doing that thing where she thinks God will fix everything, and she doesn't believe that therapists can help her. When she mentioned counseling in this chapter, she was referring to counselors her church provides for married couples.

      Delete
  15. Helena has a thing for Robert even if its not a lot...She knows she likes him lol Dustin is so easy going even though she's pretty demanding sometimes...Helena can't turn Dustin into some holy saint....she met him how he was and that's pretty much how he always will be. What ever happened to sacrifice? Helena thinks everything is about her lol she may not like Dustin's job but its very selfish of her to just ask him to quit...she needs to get over it and just deal with it, she should want to see Dustin happy. Soleil and Max can't keep their hands off of each other :) I really can't wait to see how Max reacts to her magazine cover but then again he doesn't seem like the type who would get all bitchy about stuff like that...On to the next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Helena likes that Robert shares the religious part with her, and he is the only one who understands how much she likes the religion. Dustin married her, and he's trying really hard to make it work, even though she hurt him deeply. In my opinion, Dustin is more of a saint than Helena is, even though Helena is the one who claims to be religious. He's the one willing to compromise and sacrifice things, like his indifference to going to church, but he knows it's important to Helena, so he's trying. She on the other hand, doesn't know what the meaning of sacrifice is because she does make everything about her.

      Yes, I agree, Helena should want to see Dustin happy. That's what a normal wife would do, but sadly for Dustin, Helena is not normal LOL, she's crazy.

      Haha, Max and Soleil are the epitome of a loving couple. They talk to each other and have a fiery passionate love life as well. I think of them as an ideal couple, they have a true love that no one can tear apart.

      Delete
  16. Hello dear LKSimmer, and if it's me again, you already know what I'm going to talk about :)

    I liker Helena best of all your characters in this story. She is so vulnerable in her love for Dustin. She is full of righteousness, but she is becoming more and more open -- I wish. I guess he is slowly changing her, more than she will ever change him. He is very kind, like no one else in this part, and maybe that's also why he became so successful, being nice to everyone.

    Soleil and Max leave me colder. They haven't really evolved much, I feel like I am seeing the same love scenes from years ago, as if they didn't mature.

    Helena keeps me wanting to read more, hoping for the best for her and Dustin.

    Thank you for sharing the story with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, AndanteZen.

      Hmm, you see Helena being more open? I don't really see that, or Dustin changing her, she's still self-righteous and crazy, causing drama for everyone. Dustin wanted her to be less judgmental and demanding, but she's becoming more judgmental and demanding, and it's causing rifts.

      Max and Soleil were supposed to show the contrast between them and Helena and Dustin. Having been together for so long and still having that intense passion for each other is supposed to be a good thing. Not many couples can say they have the same passion for each other that they had when they first met. Also, Max and Soleil here had 100% trust in each other, that was supposed to also be a good thing. Max could very well have gotten jealous and they could have gotten in a giant argument, but their personalities are not like that, and instead, Soleil's photo shoot served to strengthen their love. They truly are soulmates. I'm sorry you can't see that, but that was my intention with them, and perhaps they don't seem to evolve because they are completely happy with each other. Why fix something that isn't broken?

      Heehee, I hope you enjoy what the later chapters have in store. :)

      Delete
  17. *fans self* Wow. Max and Soleil can really get hot-n-heavy for each other. lol I love that they are still so in love even after all these years. Max's reaction to the photoshoot was perfect. Rather than jealously he/they use it to turn each other on. Loooove it! <3 haha
    *sighs* I really, really like Dustin. He's such a wonderful guy. Your male characters are all like that, I've noticed, and it's so nice and refreshing to see. Arrrghhh. I could feel my blood boiling when Helena met with her friend, Robert. What the hell?! Is that not exactly what she's worried Dustin is going to do?! *deep breath* I'm trying to calm myself down again, but it just makes me so frustrated and angry. She's so hypocritical. I feel like she doesn't realize she is, but then again, how can she not? ugh. Stupid Helena. But again, Dustin is a lovely sim-being, agreeing to attend church with Helena whenever he is able, despite it not being something he's particularly fond of. Their relationship is so one sided; very much Dustin: give, give, give and Helena: take, take, take. I worry for them and the state of their marriage in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! LOL, I love writing for Max and Soleil, they're a really good example of how you can always look at the good side of things. It doesn't have to be a cause for a fight, if the couple uses it to their advantage. Trust is also a huge thing for them, because they both trust each other so deeply, they can always use events in their day as something to cause a little sexy time. XD
      Aww, well thank you, for the compliment. I love my male characters. ^_^ I think guys get a bad rep all the time, so I wanted to make my stories have more of the honorable kinds of guys, rather than always focusing on shitty male behavior. LOL. Yes, Helena's hypocritical side is very prominently bright and glaring in this chapter, and that is exactly what she's afraid Dustin will do. In her twisted mind, she thinks it's okay because Robert is a church friend, so he's harmless. She fails to see the hypocritical part of it, that if Dustin met with a harmless in his mind friend of his own, she would flip her shit. At this point, Dustin still wants to make things work with Helena, even though the poor guy is yet again, giving into her demands, but he still loves her. Helena has much to work on if she wants to keep her marriage from going down the toilet.

      Delete
  18. UGH!!!! WHHYYY!!! She always gets what she wants and I hate it. I hate it with a passion. She didn't apologize, she doesn't really care she just wants what she wants. I can't stand it. I needed Dustin to stay strong to make her suffer more. She needs a serious fucking wake up call!!!

    I'm not even gonna talk about her friend. Nope...if the shoe was on the other foot she would have had a shit fit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, Helena's like a barnacle. She's annoying and stupid, and people just keep trying to help her. I think they see her wounded little girl inside, but she's going to run out of that luck someday. Dustin is still in pain, but he is her husband, and he does want things to work. So far, she's had Soleil and Dustin bitch her out, but she continues to just... ugh, her entitlement is what's wrong with her. In a way, Dustin was being strong for his marriage, but yeah, I see what you mean about wanting her to suffer more.

    Definitely, her behavior at the park that day when they lost Patrick was a good example of how she doesn't like Dustin talking to other girls, yet she somehow thinks it's fine to talk to her guy friend. Hypocrite. She is. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe Helena is getting away with this once again. I mean she doesn't get how much she hurt him. He is such a great guy and he deserve much better than her. Now that friend from the church, he seemed more like Helena's type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dustin does deserve a lot better than her, he just has to see that for himself I suppose. Right now, he is trying to do the right thing for his marriage, as in, just because your wife is fucked up, doesn't necessarily mean you just up and leave her. Helena does have that religion thing in common with her church friend, but he too, seems like a nice man who wouldn't do half the shit Helena has pulled over the years.

      I noticed in this chapter you didn't mention Max and Soleil at all, but this was how they handled the photo shoot. As you had hoped, both of them are in show business where they occasionally have to do things with co-workers that is much more than the normal job, so they both understand that it is part of the job. As long as they both continue to come home to each other, there will be no problem.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com