Sunday, September 15, 2013

Maximus Twenty-One: Nostalgic Memories

Soleil's Vogue cover hit the newsstands in early fall. In the short interview with her, they asked her questions about her work and family life. I was on my way to pick up a birthday cake for Patrick, and picked up an issue of Soleil's magazine as well as the cake. Driving back home, I happened to see the billboard with Soleil's perfume ad towering above the city. I was really proud of her and how far she had come. There was something surreal about seeing my girlfriend being larger than life. This must be what Soleil feels when she sees me on a movie screen.


I turned onto my street, and pulled into the driveway. Dustin's car was there, and so was my dad's. My house was kind of crowded from all the people who were there. Patrick was excited that I was back. I set the Vogue magazine on the counter and brought the cake over to Soleil.


She gave me a kiss. taking the cake from me. She got out a lighter to get it ready so Patrick could blow out the candles. We all sang happy birthday to him and gave him presents. As I looked at everyone who was there celebrating, I felt pretty satisfied with my life.


I got a little nostalgic too, remembering how I'd met everyone and the part they played in helping me with things in my life. Dad, who taught me martial arts, helped me move to this town, was there for Soleil through her pregnancy, and always babysat Patrick for us.


Dustin, my best friend, who helped me out in the early days of my acting career, and got me the connections I needed to be as successful as I am today. Helena, my sister, whom I've had the rockiest relationship with, always being on my case about things. In a wierd way, Helena's made me realize how lucky I am to have Soleil because of the way she treats Dustin.


Last but not least, my beautiful girlfriend, Soleil. We've been through a lot, mostly from other people thinking we were bad for each other, but it's helped us build up a lot of trust over the years. Words can't even express how much I love her. My mom was right that one day I would find someone whom I'd never love as much as I love them. I know Soleil is that someone. She comes up to me and smiles, interlocking her fingers with mine, and squeezing my hand.

"What are you thinking about, Max?"

"Everything. How much I love you, and how everyone who's been there for me is now here for Patrick."

"Awww, baby, I love you too."


I feel kind of bad for Dustin since he and Helena seem to be avoiding each other. Earlier it looked like he was annoyed, and has since made his way over to Dad and Patrick, while she's standing by herself at the counter. I hear a loud sigh coming from the kitchen, knowing that it's Helena. I give Soleil a kiss on the cheek and lean against the counter, while Soleil goes over to socialize with everyone else.


"Helena. What's going on, sis?"

"Hey. I'm happy for Patrick."

"Thanks. Did you tell him that?"

"No. He doesn't want to talk to me, but I thought you should know, as his father, that I'm not sulking because I'm unhappy about Patrick."

I'm a little confused why Helena thinks Patrick doesn't want to talk to her, but I'm guessing it's just her being Helena, so I drop the subject.

"All right, well, why are you sulking? Did you fight with Dustin again?"

"Yeah. He started dressing like you, ripped jeans and a really low cut tshirt."


"Uhh, I don't know how to respond to that."

"I just wanted him to start dressing more like a grownup. He's not a little boy anymore. I don't really think ripped jeans is appropriate for someone our age."

"Jeez, Helena, chill out. It's a party for family members, as long as he's not streaking, whatever he wears is fine."

"Max, you were always way more easygoing than me."

"Is him wearing clothes you don't like the real reason you're being anti-social? That seems kind of petty, don't you think?"

I notice her flipping through Soleil's Vogue magazine, and wonder if that has anything to do with it, or maybe if she saw Soleil's billboard.


"No... Dustin and I fight a lot. He's not okay with the having a baby thing anymore because he says we fight too much and we need to straighten ourselves out before bringing a child into our house. I think he's just stalling because he wants to avoid the responsibility."

"Umm, Helena, the first time you asked him he was fine with it, but then you made it clear you aren't happy with him. Maybe you need to show him you support him and love him, then he'll be okay with the baby thing. Do you really want a baby growing up seeing their parents fighting all the time?"

"The baby will make us stop fighting and keep us together. It worked for you and Soleil."

Did she seriously say what I think she said? That's absurd. I rub the bridge of my nose and close my eyes. Helena is such a headache to talk to most of the time. I have to set her straight about this, though. I'm not about to let her keep thinking that I only stayed with Soleil because of Patrick. How could she even think that?


"Helena, we didn't have Patrick to 'keep us together.' We would have stayed together even if he hadn't come along."

"Oh, so Patrick was an accident? You didn't really want him, you just wanted Soleil?"

"Helena, why do you always have to be like this? Why do you always have to cause drama? I love my family, no matter how they came to be with me. I'm grateful for what I have, which is more than I can say for you right now."

Helena looks shocked for a second from my jab and then a smug look comes over her face, making me start to wonder if she actually enjoys making me mad. I decide I need Soleil because I know she'll make me feel better. I don't want to take her away from socializing with everyone though since this is Patrick's party, so I just resign myself to hanging out on the deck. Maybe if I can get some fresh air, and mostly get away from Helena, I can calm down.


It's not long before I hear a door slam and yelling down below. Apparently Helena is still not happy with Dustin for whatever reason. I feel bad for Dustin, but I know you can't help who you love, and there was no way I was going to meddle in other people's love lives. All I can do is just be there for him when he needs me. I notice that Helena didn't talk to Soleil at all the entire party, and I hope that she's got a friend to talk to, just like Dustin has me to talk to.

"DUSTIN?!"

"What do you want me to do, Helena?! Strip these pants off in public?! Will that make me look DECENT enough for you?!"


"Oh, Dustin, don't be so dramatic, just dress like the thirty year old man that you ARE!!"

I hear Dustin and Helena yelling at each other, and I can't figure out why she keeps getting on his case about his jeans. He told me they were a freebie that one of the designer companies gave him after his movie. Dustin gets in the car and slams the door. Helena gets in and Dustin peels the car out of the driveway, probably getting into trouble for "driving like a teenager."


I watch Dustin drive away, and feel someone come up behind me. I have no doubt it's Soleil because her citrus perfume is a dead giveaway. She puts her hand on my abs and leans into my neck.

"Mmm... you smell yummy. Max, are you okay? I noticed you left the party earlier."


"Not really. Lay down with me."

"What? Here on the deck?"

"Yeah."

Soleil takes my hand and we walk over to a bigger part of the deck and lay down. She looks into my eyes, searching for an answer to why I'm not okay, either that or she's just enjoying staring at my face. Either way, I'm just glad she's here with me.

"What's the matter, handsome?"


"Do you think I'm a good father?"

"Yeah, of course! You always jumped at the opportunity to take care of Patrick whenever I was at work, and you're good at not spoiling him, yet being attentive to his needs."

"Helena said I only stayed with you because you got pregnant. Then she said I didn't really want Patrick, either. It made me really angry. I always wanted you, and when Patrick came, I loved him just as much."

"Aww, baby, I know that. Did Helena make you doubt things?"

"No, she made me feel like everything I've done to change how I acted in high school went unnoticed. I just didn't want you to think that I was faking it or something."

"Shh. I notice, and that's what important. I love that you moved here to be close to me, and that you asked me to move in with you. I love that you've been faithful to me all these years, and that you've always stayed with me, even when life threw us curve balls. I know that you love Patrick and I know that you love me. You don't ever have to worry about whether I know that, okay, baby?"


"Okay. Thank you, Soleil, I love you."

"I love you too, Max."


"Dammit, Dustin Xavier. Talk to me."

"I don't have anything to say to you, Helena, nothing that doesn't involve for the millionth time that my sense of fashion is fine."

I fumble with the keys on my key chain, trying to find the house key, while Helena keeps yelling at me from behind, making it really difficult for me to put the key in the lock.


When I finally get the door unlocked, I made a beeline for the fridge to get myself a beer. I needed to de-stress, even if it means Helena getting on my case for drinking.


Just as I suspected, Helena's shrill voice rings through my ears as she starts yelling at me again.

"Dustin! You really think you can drink our problems away? You're so irresponsible!"

It's going to be the same argument, she'll tell me that I shouldn't drink because it's an unhealthy way to deal with my problems. I'll tell her that I'm not drinking because I want to avoid our problems, I just want to have an alcoholic beverage. She'll ask why I can't just drink a coffee or a tea, and I'll tell her beer is fun. Then she'll tell me that I am not doing any good by finding fun in the bottom of a beer bottle. I'm not an alcoholic, I usually just have one beer and go to bed. Lately it helps me sleep.


I watch Helena as she screams at me, remembering a time when her intense blue eyes used to look at me with love, rather than the burning irritation she seems to be carrying for me these days. Things haven't been the same since I told her we shouldn't have a baby until her and I can learn to respect and stop trying to change each other. We need to find the love we had for each other before I can even think about raising a child. That's another one of our classic arguments, she disagrees with me because she thinks having a child will fix our problems and the love we had will magically come back. I know life doesn't work that way, and when the parents fight, it affects the child negatively. I really feel like a child should grow up in a house full of love, like Patrick did with Max and Soleil.

"Dustin?! Are you even listening to me? I don't want you to turn into an alcoholic! Just get a coffee."

"No."

I answer her simply because there's no point in going over the same bullshit over again. I walk into the living area and sit on the couch. If I'm going to continue to be yelled at I might as well be comfortable.


"Dustin?! Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!"

Helena comes over and continues her tirade with my so-called ridiculous behavior. She stands in front of me and glares at me with her hands on her hips.

"Well? What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Um, I'm going to have this beer and I'm going to bed."


"I'm throwing those pants out after you change out of them."

"Why? I like them."

"They make you look like a teenager. You should dress in business clothes."

"I'm not a businessman, I don't need business clothes."

Helena taps her foot and rolls her eyes at me. I continue drinking my beer and lounging. Maybe tonight I should try a different approach. I really hate fighting with my wife, I love her, but she always picks on me. Ever since I told her I am not quitting my job, she's been ridiculing my clothes and behavior.

"Helena, sit with me. I don't want to fight with you."

"You know the key to stopping the fighting. Have a baby with me. It will fix us."

"Do you know how much stress a baby adds to a couple? Do you really think that adding more stress to our marriage is going to help us? I don't."


Helena remains quiet at her end of the couch and I'm almost down to the bottom of my beer bottle. I finish the rest of it and head to the kitchen to rinse it out so it's clean for recycling.

"Dustin, wait."

I turn around and look at Helena blankly.

"Come back and hold me by the fireplace. I don't want to fight with you either."

I set the bottle down by the fireplace and Helena lights the fire. Then she surprises me by sitting on my lap. I look into her eyes and the irritation that was in them earlier has subsided.


"What happened to us, Helena? I miss things the way they were."

"Shh. It's not the time for talking. Let's just be together."

Helena runs her fingers through my hair and I can't remember the last time she's done that. We've been fighting so much that we don't go to bed at the same time anymore, and any time we're awake, she's picking on me, so I haven't felt the urge to hug her. Now that she's actually being nice to me, I put my arms around her and rub her back.

"Helena, you're beautiful when you smile. You should smile more."


Helena lays me down on the rug and starts kissing my neck and face. I envision our honeymoon and how much fun we had in our hotel room. I don't know why she keeps avoiding my mouth, but I don't think too much about it, just enjoying the fact that Helena isn't yelling at me. She strips my shirt off and runs her fingers down my chest. When she starts undoing my pants, I realize I should go get a condom if we're going to continue.


"Helena? I need to go get the stuff."

"What?! No. A baby will fix our problems."

"Helena. Get off me. I will not be coerced into having a child because you were nice to me for five seconds."

When Helena gets up, her eyes have resumed their cold demeanor. My heart hurts a lot when I realize that is exactly what she was doing, trying to get my guard down so I'd give her what she wanted. I feel a little used even though sex between a husband and wife should be a normal activity. I also realize that is why she didn't kiss me on the lips at all, she was just trying to turn me on enough that I couldn't say no. I get a little upset that she thinks I was that stupid. She stands up and smirks at me.


"Well, I think you're the first man in the world who has ever turned down sex. Don't they say men think about sex every few seconds? Hmm, must not be the case for you."

I glare at Helena as she walks away, not understanding why she has to be so cruel to me all the time. Maybe I am too nice. Maybe I need to leave her. She obviously doesn't give a shit about me.


47 comments:

  1. all i got to say holy shit! i'm with dustin a baby does not fix problems. n as much as i feel for helena i don't think she should try to change dustin. it's just like steve harvey says: a man will only change if he wants to. Maybe him leaving her a while help her get her head on straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dustin is pretty smart, babies add stress and it's just not good for a couple who has as many problems as these two do. LOL. Steve Harvey is right! Dustin doesn't feel like he has to change though, he is a good guy, :/ it's too bad Helena doesn't see that. Hmm... we'll just have to wait and see what Dustin decides to do...
      Thanks for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  2. Aww, Max should know better than to believe ANY words that come out of Helena's disgusting mouth. God, she seriously ruins everything, I can't even stand it.. It's Patrick's birthday and she managed to still make everything about her. *sighs heavily*

    Awww, Alex as an Adult.. He still looks good ;)
    Eeeeeeee! Patrick looks amazing, too! I can't wait to see what kind of man he'll grow up to be :D

    Um.. The whole last part with Dustin made me want to vomit for how mad I was at Helena. Coaxing him like that and trying to take advantage of him just to get what she wants? UGHUHGJEHJHJF
    *screams*
    I don't know how much more of this heartache on Dustin's side I can take.. He seriously needs to think about leaving her. I would've done it already if I was him.. XD But, I can understand how he doesn't want to leave her.. Ugh, this is all just so complicated and SO unnecessary..
    I gave Helena the benefit of the doubt before, but my hatred for her is now ten fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii. LOL. Max knows Helena doesn't speak truth, ever, but she has a way of bringing everyone down that she talks to, including Max. He didn't actually believe her, but she did make him feel like shit.

      Haha, Alex omg, Alex got a mid-life crisis in the game. I was like *sniff* you still look good, babe. So now his Sim wanders around freaking out. He'll look down and pat his belly like he is worried he's fat or something and then look around paranoid. I just want to reach in the screen and hug him and tell him it'll be all right, then make out with him cause he's hot. *dies* LOL.

      Patrick... =D I am going to change his hairstyle when he turns sixteen, and I think it'll be amazing. I have a look planned for him because of the job and story line I want to give him. I'm so excited.

      T_T Dustin. He keeps getting treated like shit, and all he wants is to fix things. He doesn't want to just resort to divorce, it might be what happens in the future if he can't reason with Helena, but for now she's just nitpicking and being naggy. It's not a laughing matter or anything that he is happy about by any means, but he's not going to take his marriage lightly and just throw it away. He is seriously thinking now though after Helena tried to take advantage of him. She's never stooped that low before so he's a little worried.

      Helena on the other hand, she's just so mean. When she's unhappy she takes it out on everyone, and sadly, Dustin is the one closest to her since they live together so he gets most of the flak. Taking advantage of Dustin like that was completely rude of her, that is not how someone should be treating their husband.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! =D

      Delete
  3. :OOO you have new posts! :D *goes to read* Ahh great post! I can't believe Helena would stoop that low trying to like seduce him just so she can trick him into having a baby...I'm glad Max and Soleil are still so in love :)

    Agh, it bugs me that Helena is always trying to mess up their relationship though by spreading these lies and stuff. I can't believe that she and Soleil were actually friends before..has Helena always been like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, is there a better way for me to keep you updated on this story? You seem to be enjoying it. LOL. I do have a wordpress account, maybe when I update here, I can update on that and link it? =D

      Helena is -__-. LOL. She's always been jealous of Max, like her whole life, even when they were teenagers. Max knows she's not to be trusted with that venom that comes out of her mouth, but she still gets to him sometimes. She and Soleil were college roommates, so they kind of just hung out because it was convenient. Soleil's been the only girl Helena hasn't managed to completely push away, even though neither likes the other one THAT much.

      Helena's always been mean. Yes. She likes to be condescending to Max because she's jealous of him, and so she's hoping she can say something to him that will make him be as miserable as she is, but it never works.

      Thanks for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete
    2. Haha, don't worry about it :) I'll just try to remember to check up on it. Now I'm wondering if Helena's ever going to get better lol.

      Delete
    3. Ok cool. =) LOL... Helena's got quite the ridiculous personality, so I wouldn't hold your breath for her getting better.

      Delete
  4. Also, I just have to add that the billboard in the beginning is super awesome! How did you do that? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my photo editing program, and played around with various layers to create that. =D Thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  5. Did I say it before? I bet I said it before... anyways, I'll say it again just for good measure:
    I don't get why everybody is ConstantlY putting up with Helena's ConstanT acting like one first class spoilt BRAT >.<

    But she already had to much impact on this chapter, so: Happy b-day Patrick! What was your wish, hon? What presents did you get? Will you have a party with your friends on Saturday? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is because Helena is family, and it's hard to just tell your family member to fuck off. Not impossible, but difficult. She'll get what's coming to her eventually. >:D

      Patrick: Thank you. I just wished for good health for me and my family. I got a magic set and some books since I don't like going outside and I don't really like watching tv or playing on the computer. I kind of keep to myself, so having a party with just my family was enough for me. =D

      LOL.
      Thanks for reading and commenting, anna!

      Delete
    2. Hmpf... trust me, some of the most extreme fights I have witnessed were between family members and they still talk to each other these days... so I really wished that someone would finally yell Helena to the ground for once.
      Not that I think it would change a thing. It would just make me feel better *lol*

      And Patz, nevermind. It´s your b-day, if you don´t want a huge party that´s entirely your choice. Have fun with that magic set I say ^^


      Delete
    3. Haha yeah, I think if it wasn't Patrick's birthday, Max wouldn't have hesitated to yell Helena to the ground. He just didn't want to do that to his son, since it was supposed to be a happy day for Patrick. Soleil yelled at her pretty bad in college. LOL. She'll probably do something again later where someone will yell at her a lot, knowing her, it's just inevitable. =)

      Delete
    4. Suits me fine, I will try to have some popcorn ready *lol*

      Delete
    5. LOL! I hope you enjoy the fireworks. They will be explosive. *evil grin*

      Delete
  6. He needs to leave. He needs to pack up his things and go. I feel like Helena might be deranged and start poking holes in his condoms. He should run and not come back until she agrees to go to see a therapist for her issues.

    Sidenote: That billboard was gorgeous! And why is Patrick so freaking cute?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Dustin is thinking about it now that he's seen how low Helena will stoop. You're right, she would be deranged enough to do that. O_O Although Dustin would probably think it wierd that she was suddenly okay with using one and suspect something was up. Thank god this time she just walked away instead of letting him get the stuff and then sabotaging it. O_O She's gone ape-shit crazy in this chapter.

      Haha, thank you for the compliments on Patrick and the billboard. Patrick has supermodels for parents... XD

      Thanks for reading and commenting. =D

      Delete
  7. Oh man!!! Im sending you my simself to SHAKE THE LIVING DAYLIGHT out of Helena!!! She is going to lose everything if she carries on - its all take and no give - and babies definitely don't fix things - at least Dustin has the sense to know that!!! I get the feeling he is about to walk.
    The billboard was great!! and Patrick is very cute!! Great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Shake away Julie! XD
      You're right, she will lose everything if she doesn't get her head on straight. Dustin is smart, so no worries there. He might walk and maybe she will realize she should stop treating him like crap, but she's crazy, so no telling what she'll do. LOLL.
      Thanks for the compliments! =)

      Delete
  8. That billboard was awesome! I love how Max and Soleil are so supportive of each other. I feel bad for Patrick that his birthday turned into Helena's platform of pity. I wanted to smack the shit out of her for what she said to Max about Patrick. A baby does not fix things, not one bit. Helena wake the hell up. I am not more certain then ever that Dustin needs to just leave Helena before she does something desperate like get him drunk and basically rape him to get pregnant. I can so see her doing that, she's desperate to have a baby. I'll never understand why she is behaving the way she is. Clearly they both are unhappy, but i'm on team Dustin Side all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, the personality type I based Helena on is one I will never understand. She is delusional and deranged, scraping the bottom of the barrel for schemes to try to get her way. It's so stupid when the answer is right in front of her. She's definitely got her head up her ass and she needs to stop taking Dustin for granted. She's like borderline abusing him and it's just unnecessary.
      Max and Soleil are the shit. LOL. =) Patrick luckily had other sane people to talk to besides Helena at his party, but it's so typical of Helena to make everything about her, even her own nephew's birthday party.
      Thanks for the compliments. =D

      Delete
  9. Wow...Dustin has it correct; having a child adds so much stress to the relationship. I can't believe that Helena doesn't realize that. Oh wait, I can since it's Helena we're talking about. Poor Dustin, it seems like she only wants him now to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL. Yeah, Helena's blinded by baby, baby, baby. O_O Some people... LOL. She did totally use Dustin here like a baby making toy. T_T *cries* Sheesh, I don't have kids and I know kids add stress. LOL, it's not rocket science, Helena.

      Delete
  10. Poor St. Dustin. T,T

    Maybe they SHOULD go to counseling. Counselors tend to be rational - meaning they'd tell Helena she's a moron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dustin's having a rough time here, Helena's being a bitch. I don't know though, the counselor could tell Helena she's a moron all they want, but would Helena realize it? Hmm...LOL.

      Delete
  11. The billboard looks fantastic :)
    Patrick is so cute!
    The witch has a way to really make anyone feel doubt, doesn't she?
    Dustin needs to leave her. Let Mr Business Guy from church have her. There is someone for Dustin out there that isn't named Helena, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! =) Patrick is turning out well. Haha, I'm excited to see when he turns into a YA, I hope he makes the transition from cute to hot. *crosses fingers* LOL.
      Helena is the queen of condescending words. =/ She's so mean to Dustin. I hated writing that part, honestly, because I hated being that mean to Dustin. He's really waking up now after that experience, though. Knowing she's capable of that level of manipulation, is making him not trust her anymore. Their path is ending soon, when trust leaves a relationship, it's not long before it disintegrates.

      Delete
  12. I can't form words with Helena just AGHH!! *Fumes at Helena while cursing at her*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, hurl those curse words at Helena, Wicked Jr! She deserves every single one of them! XD

      Delete
  13. Leave, Helena, Dustin. Come to me.....lol.

    You deserve WAY better, Dustin! She doesn't care! She only wants what she wants, so leave her! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I love your crush on Dustin. XD
      Unfortunately... this situation elevates even more... O_O

      Delete
  14. Helena always wonders why Max and Soleil have a better relationship than her and Dustin. It's because they understand each other, trust each other and support each other. The relationship isn't one sided and they are both equal partners.

    Helena is living in a dream world, and if she doesn't start listening to Dustin, she's going to lose him. Loving someone means supporting them whole heartedly. Why does she have to pick at things. Dustin is right. Having a baby at this stage wouldn't be fair to them or to the baby. Dustin understands this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Max and Soleil both give and take from their relationship, there's a balance. Helena and Dustin however, it's just Helena taking all, and Dustin giving all. They're both tired of all of it, Dustin more so than Helena because she doesn't hear his words, she just gets blinded by her needs and doesn't seem to give a shit if she hurts Dustin in the process, as long as she gets her needs fulfilled.

      Also very true, she doesn't understand what love is. She picks at things because she gets fixated on what she wants and sees nothing else, I think it's a very extreme case of selfishness. Luckily Dustin is smart and he's not just going to give in, but unfortunately this is why they butt heads so much. Although I agree completely that Dustin should hold his ground because babies never fix anything.

      Delete
  15. Love how the billboard and magazine came out!

    I've about had it with Helena. Not only is she destroying her own marriage, but she's even trying to make Max doubt his relationship with Soleil, which is on completely solid ground. Dustin has been putting up with way more than I would ever put up with in a marriage (and I've been married 22 years!). Their marriage is built on such a rocky foundation that I don't know how much longer it can last before it crumbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! When I edit photos, that's usually the kind of stuff I do, rather than altering the lighting or anything for all photos. :D

      Helena has crossed the line here, before she was just wallowing in her own misery, but now she's becoming borderline sociopathic by abusing Dustin so readily. She's again, using her jealousy to try to claw at other people's happiness. She wishes everyone was as miserable as her so she's trying to plant a seed of doubt. Completely failed, as usual, LOL, since Max and Soleil were able to talk it out shortly after Helena left.
      Dustin has patience, and probably more faith in Helena than he should have, but at the end of this chapter, he's not holding his breath anymore, as he's realizing just how badly he's being treated. He may have reached his breaking point, either that, or he's very close to it at this time.

      Delete
  16. Soleil looks amazing on that billboard. I can't wait to read Patrick's 'sequel' ...I'm not sure whether or not to call it a sequel but you know what I mean :) Patrick looks moreover Max now...he's a lady magnet for sure lol Helena's a little...strange ...why isn't she talking to her OWN NEPHEW!?!?!?!? Lol I think she's kind of jealous of him because she can't even have her own kids. Dustin is right though...A baby won't help their situation and honestly Helena would probay make their child's life hell I mean seriously...she was bitching about Dustin's jeans! Lol ...it's winding down to the end of this section and I'm starting to think she won't have a baby... :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Aww thanks, haha, I had a lot of fun making that billboard. XD
      Oh LOL, generation two? :D Yeah I know what you meant. Mmm, I'm glad Patrick ended up looking like Max, LOL.

      Helena's strange, that still surprises you? LOL, she's all in her own head, and yeah she has always been sad and awkward around Patrick because she wishes that he was hers. You're probably right, Helena would make the child's life hell, she'd be that crazy mom that was always worrying about the kid and forcing them to do things so they'd "grow up perfectly." You can bet Helena would bitch about her child's clothes just as hard as she bitched about Dustin's free jeans! XD It's probably for the better anyway... that she didn't have a baby... the baby would suffer so fucking much. LOL.

      Delete
  18. I had hope for Helena, but now I'm convinced she was crafted to be the villain.

    And a good villain she is. All the stress for Max and Soleil came from her. Even their biggest crisis, which was Patrick being kidnapped -- she facilitate the occasion. And her words are so sharp, she must be so assertive that she does put Max, Soleil and Dustin out of balance, having them doubt themselves.

    She moves the plot forward, and that's how I enjoy her.

    It's very sensible of Dustin to refuse having a child when the couple fights so often -- my own characters have gone through that hell.

    But I do wish Helena will have a child -- maybe from Robert, then, after Dustin walks out on her? Because I am curious to see what kind of child she will educate...

    And on to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you are correct, I did write Helena as the character who drives conflict in the story. She was inspired by a person I truly despised in my own life, who seemed to cause drama for me very unnecessarily. It is also true without Helena, I would have to find some other source of conflict for this generation.

      Yes, exactly, she is the cause of Max and Soleil's stress. She never approved of their relationship, and she will never understand it. She wants their happiness, but she's not willing to try with Dustin.

      Dustin is smart, and he does love Helena, but she is her own worst enemy, and he wants what is best for them as a couple, which right now, should be fixing their problems before adding a child, and additional stress into their lives.

      Haha, you'll just have to read on to see if any of that happens. XD

      Delete
  19. Max and Soleil are of course lovely as ever. *sigh* And Alex?! And teenaged Patrick?! *screams from excitement* omg All three of those boys in this chapter; makes my heart flutter. They're all so freakin' beautiful. lol
    And on the other side of the coin: my heart is breaking for Dustin. I feel so bad for the guy. What a horrible situation to be in. And Helena manipulating him and trying to covertly get what she wants from him? That's disgusting and low. She has gone too far. Oh no. I fear for where this may all lead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, I love your reaction to the boys in the chapter. Thank you for the many hilarious compliments. ♥
      IKR? Dustin in this chapter is starting to realize he might have to rethink his relationship with Helena. He'll still probably try a few more things to get her to come around, but this new way she is treating him, like a gigolo and making him feel used, is not something he will easily forget.

      Delete
  20. Divorce!! That's what Dustin needs but I know that hateful bitch will make it hard on him.

    Honestly all the good in these chapters go out the window when dealing with her. LOL I'm sorry but she just makes me see red. She was about to try and have sex with him to get what she wants not caring about him at all. She's cold and hateful and needs to be alone!!!

    Patrick is a cutie :) and I'm glad Max didn't go crazy over those shots. I know he's not the jealous type and that what he and Soleil have is real, but you never know when that green-eyed monster will sneak in. I love their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Haha, Dustin does need that. Helena's actions this chapter, have given Dustin a wake up call. His optimism regarding her is slowly leaving him, and he's rethinking things now.

      Oh, it's all right, I think that it's just kind of natural to want to rev up a chainsaw when dealing with Helena. LOL. IKR? She basically wanted to take advantage of her own husband, who does that?! Just. Rude.

      Uh huh, Patrick's growing up swimmingly. LOL. Yess, Max knows some of that 'intimate' closeness is needed for Soleil's modeling to get the desired effect of a sexy perfume ad, just like what he has to do sometimes for his acting. I think that's part of it, how they're both in the same industry, which deals with similar things, really helps them not get all crazy and possessive of each other. You're right though, jealousy can be a real bitch sometimes. :) Their relationship was so fun to write. I'm glad you love it.

      Delete
  21. Yes Dustin you need to go to Divorce Court! I have simply had enough of Helena and if Dustin doesn't get a divorce right away he is going to start annoying me too because he shouldn't have to put up with this.

    Helena really doesn't get it and she never will. She is truly a lost cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena sunk to the bottom of the shit hole in this chapter. LOL. This event really smacked Dustin upside the head, caught him off guard. He knew Helena wanted a baby but to manipulate and basically almost force herself on him made him think twice about whether she loves him or not. Someone you love would never treat you this way. This generation is almost over, and so will their story, now that the wheels are turning in Dustin's head, leaning towards divorce, or at least a separation of some sort, hopefully he won't annoy you in later chapters. XD

      Yeah, she's pretty much retarded. LOL.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com