Monday, August 4, 2014

Patrick Twenty-One: Just Exist

Five months passed and I continued to work at the Pantages, all without incident. Just as I had suspected, the threat was empty, only designed to make me paranoid enough to quit, which hadn't happened, so the person gave up. That's more than I can say for Katya, however, because she was the one who became paranoid. She nagged me incessantly during those five months, and we had countless arguments about me changing my job because she thought the person would strike when we least expected it. She became afraid every time I went to a show, even when I came home perfectly fine, she would tell me they would get me next time. Katya got so bad that she insisted we go directly home after every show instead of out to eat to celebrate because she was afraid the person would have poisoned the food at the restaurant I was going to. It was no big surprise that we drifted apart from each other. I was greatly saddened by the fact that at the very height of my success at the Pantages, when I should have been the most ecstatic about my career, I felt the opposite. Katya thought she was showing me she loved me, when in reality, I felt like she robbed me emotionally of the joy I should have been able to feel, leaving me feeling suffocated and smothered.


Since I saw myself starting to resent Katya during those five months, I felt like I had to make a choice. I either had to leave her, or I had to quit magic. As much as I didn't want to give up magic because I loved it with all my heart, I knew I would never allow Armand to grow up with divorced parents, custody battles, and being shuffled from one parent's house to the other on weekends and holidays. I knew that despite the crazy person Katya had become, the cute, shy girl I had fallen in love with was in there somewhere, and I wanted her back. I knew I didn't want to break up my family, so I made the other difficult choice, and I told the director of the Pantages that I was going to be taking a hiatus due to personal reasons. He completely understood and said I was always welcome, which made me feel a lot better. That's how I started working at Beachside Accounting, the office that Carisa's husband Walter Drescur, owned.


Apparently, Katya had told Carisa about her fears, and Carisa had offered to help by asking her husband if there were any open positions in his company, in case I decided to quit magic. I had never gone to any formal schooling after high school so I wasn't very equipped to work at many of the office jobs in town. In that sense, I am thankful that Katya was looking out for me somewhat, making sure that I wasn't just wandering around aimlessly trying to find work, especially since she was the one who influenced me to quit. Despite that, it didn't change the fact that I wasn't happy working here. It wasn't the fault of anyone I worked with, it was just that I was bored crunching numbers all day. I felt like my brain didn't get to think as much as it had when I was coming up with a new illusion because I always had to make sure it was something that the audience couldn't see through or figure out right away. I wanted to make the audience think as well when they saw my shows.


Office work was so monotonous and repetitive. I was doing data entry since I didn't have the certification to do any actual accounting work. I can't believe that two years have passed already since I decided to give in to Katya and get a safer job. For a daredevil like me, this job, although nice, was torture on my soul. I stared at the picture of myself that I had framed on my desk and sighed loudly. Sometimes that picture was the only thing that got me through my day, that, and the large caramel frappucino I always made for myself in the little office kitchenette just outside my cubicle.


I thought back to the day I told Ephemera and Emmanuel that I was no longer going to be needing their services. They both knew why, as Katya was making herself very vocal about her fears. I told them it would be fine if they wanted to work for other magicians, but they both told me they would never do that because they were only loyal to me. I was grateful for the immense respect they had for me, and the three of us had such a great relationship, both professionally and personally. Ephemera had gotten a job as a bartender, and Emmanuel had decided to work at a car repair shop afterwards. Katya and Ephemera's relationship faltered. Ephemera doesn't call her names or anything like she used to before our wedding, but the two of them don't hang out anymore on their own. They only talk if Ephemera comes over to our house, which means Katya's only friend is now Carisa.


Katya's attitude changed a lot ever since I started working here. She stopped worrying and relaxed quite a bit. I was glad she was happy, but I was still unsure why she didn't realize that I wasn't. She always told me I would get used to it, that eventually my performing days would just be a fond memory and I would no longer miss it. That was one of the things we argued about. She just couldn't understand why I didn't consider this job a suitable replacement. It made me wonder if she was ever as passionate about surfing as I initially thought she was. Her decision to quit giving lessons didn't seem to bother her in the slightest, and even when Armand started school and she would have had time, she never thought of going back to it. It was for that reason that I knew she would never understand my unhappiness. She always thought that her and Armand should be enough to make me happy, that I shouldn't need anything else, and she always made me feel guilty that I liked magic. I always tried to explain that having them did make me happy, but that I saw nothing wrong with loving my job as well.


CLICK-CLACK-CLICK-CLACK.

I typed on my computer, entering information in as usual. It was around 3pm and I was determined to get the pile of work into the computer by 5:30. 

"Hey, Patrick. Would you like to go get a snack with me?"

I  heard the voice of my co-worker, Jermaine, near me. I had become friends with Jermaine after we had sat next to each other at a meeting one day and I found out he really enjoyed watching magic shows. Most everybody I worked with knew who I was and were almost starstruck in their attitudes towards me, whereas Jermaine had been in awe, but not intimidated.


I got up and Jermaine and I walked over to the kitchenette, where he got a donut and I got a soda. Jermaine was two years younger than me, and he was single, never having found a steady relationship with any of the women he had dated throughout his life. He joked that work was the only thing that wouldn't yell at him, whereas the women would often get naggy and clingy after a few months, sometimes even weeks. I wondered if he was a workaholic, but then decided he probably wasn't because he enjoyed the theater and going to see various plays and magic shows. I had asked him if he had seen any of mine, and he said that he had, confessing that mine was one of the shows he enjoyed going to multiple times.


"Hunterrrrrr. Hey sexy."

I rolled my eyes as Rebecca, the receptionist, snaked her way over to the kitchenette, placing her hands on the table, purposefully positioning her chest in front of my line of vision. I looked away, irritated at her. Rebecca had gotten hired four months ago, and she hit on me a lot. She reminded me of all of those girls who wanted to sleep with me because I was a celebrity, usually shallow and always flaunting themselves, either with trying to stick their breasts in my face, bumping into me, or brushing themselves against me. I'd seen all the tricks, and now that I was married, I was annoyed because Rebecca knew that and she still relentlessly pursued me.


I finished my soda and told Jermaine I was going to be heading back to my desk. It was the only place Rebecca couldn't hound me. Annoyingly, Rebecca came up behind me, continuing to try to hit on me.

"Feel that, Hunter. I can give you more than that flat chested wife of yours. Don't you want a real woman?"

I scowled when Rebecca insulted Katya, and I growled under my breath.

"Shut up, Rebecca, and leave me alone."

I started walking quicker to get away from her and heard her continuing to whine behind me.

"Oh come on. It's just sex, you don't have to be serious with me. I can just be your little play thing."


"Lay off him, Rebecca. He's married, for Christ's sake. You look desperate."

I heard Jermaine's voice behind me, and I was grateful that he always had my back, as well as being a physical barrier for Rebecca's advances. I went back to my desk and couldn't have been happier when 5:30pm came around. When I got home I put my jacket on the coat rack and laid down on the couch, wanting to be alone. My wish didn't come true because Katya bounced over and plopped herself down on the coffee table, eager to interact with me.


"Hi, baby, how was work? Are you hungry?"

I found myself happy and disgusted at the same time, happy that my wife was finally in a good mood, and disgusted that she seemed not to care that I didn't share her enthusiasm. I kept staring at the texture of the couch arm in front of me, and responded that the slutty receptionist had hit on me again, but I dealt with it by just walking away.

"Aww, she's still coming on to you? Can you tell Walter about it?"

"I suppose I could, but sexual harassment cases against women never go well for the guy. Somehow the girl always weasels her way out of it. I'm not saying Walter wouldn't believe me, and I have a witness, but if it ever went to court, I don't have high hopes that I would win the case."


Katya touched my face and tried to make me feel better by playing with my hair, but it didn't really work. I sat up, propping my arm on the couch while looking off into the distance.

"How are you and Armand?"

"I'm okay. My day was pretty normal. He's okay, I guess. He's out in the pool."

I told Katya I was going to go change. After I did, I went out to the backyard and waved at Armand, who smiled at me. Since Katya didn't really know how to cook, as well as showing no desire to learn how, I headed into the kitchen to make dinner. Not long after, Armand came inside and sat at the counter to keep me company.


"Hi Daddy, are you happy to be home?"

"Yeah, I really am. How was your day?"

"Okay, just school, and homework. Nothing exciting."

"Did you and Mommy do anything together?"

"No, not really. She's boring. She just reads all the time. Then when she's not reading, she watches television. I am happy though, she's not telling me what to do anymore."


I sighed to myself as I continued to make dinner. I wished Katya would try to hang out with Armand a little more, but I suppose he did have a point. Was distance better than constant confrontation? I wasn't sure. I could only hope that Armand had enough guidance to make good choices when they were presented to him. He was ten years old now, and soon he would be a teenager. I had stopped trying to tell Katya how to deal with Armand since it was one of our broken record topics. We would get nowhere with the discussion, and Katya would withdraw.

After dinner and some random lounging around activities, I was getting tired. I changed into my pajamas and was getting ready to crawl underneath the covers when Katya emerged from the closet and pounced on me.

"Mmmm... hello, sexy. I'm feeling frisky."


I was getting slightly irritated because the way Katya was rubbing up against me was exciting my body, but my mind was not into it. If we did have sex tonight, it would just be monotonous, with no emotion, like it had been for the past couple of times we'd done it. I decided it might be better to just decline instead of doing it and then getting yelled at that 'I wasn't with it last night.'

"I don't know, Katya, I have to get up early tomorrow."

"Aww, come on, won't it make you happy?"

"I don't know, maybe, but I don't think sex is going to fix our problems, Katya."


Katya pulled herself off me, and sat down. She looked at me, crossing her right arm over her left, but not talking right away. She scratched her upper arm a little bit nervously.

"I don't understand why you're not happy, Patrick. You're safe now. I don't get why you don't feel free, like a giant weight has been lifted off your shoulders."

"It's because I don't feel that way, Katya. I feel the exact opposite, like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I feel constricted and restrained by that job. It's a good job, and on a surface level, I like it, but I'm not passionate about it."

Katya glared at me and jumped off the bed, clearly upset again. This was our classic argument, and I was sick of having it. I wished I could just stop feeling sad, but my choices were to pretend I was happy and just be miserable inside, or blanket my emotions by taking Prozac. Neither of those options sounded appealing to me.


"Oh my god, Patrick! You are acting like a child! As an adult, you need to make sacrifices! Your safety is incredibly important because you have a wife and a son! You can't just go and do what you want all the time! Stop being so damn selfish! Do you think I'm happy all the time?! Sometimes I have to suck it up for Armand when he drives me crazy and all I want is to be left alone for just five minutes?! So, all I ask, all I ask, is for you to just SUCK IT UP for your family!! God! I am so sick of you moping around all the time!"

I was beyond pissed off at this point, and tired, which made for a pretty terrible combination. Armand was not the least bit needy. He could often be found painting or swimming in the pool like he had been today. He always did his homework without either of us having to tell him. From what he told me earlier, it sounded like the two of them kept to themselves mostly, so what was she even talking about 'being left alone for just five minutes?'


"What are you even talking about, Katya? Does Armand bug you constantly when I'm not here? He just told me that you and him spent the day doing your own things, you read your book, and he went swimming. From the information that I have been given, he doesn't bother you at all! I have been sucking it up for you guys for the past two years! Have you not even seen that? I put up with a crazy lady who hits on me almost every day! She makes me crazy! But I stay at the company because that's what you want! So can you at least give me the luxury of letting me FEEL WHAT I WANT TO FEEL since I haven't been able to do anything else for myself since I started working at that office?! I don't want to just exist, Katya, I want to live!"


"Whatever, Patrick. Just be miserable, even though you have the perfect family and the perfect job. You don't appreciate what you have."

I felt like my head was going to explode. From Katya's viewpoint, everything was perfect, but from my viewpoint, nothing was perfect. I didn't even think I wanted perfect, I just wanted meaningful. I wanted enjoyment and passion in my life, that came from doing things that meant something. As I looked at my beautiful yet irritating wife, I wondered when my life had become so fucking wrong.


25 comments:

  1. i don't see this marriage lasting much longer. it looks like patrick is at his breaking point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick is at his wit's end with Katya, but he doesn't want to break up the family because of Armand. I don't know if that's the right choice on Patrick's part, but he does believe that having a mother and a father will be helpful to Armand, rather than just one parent. If it was just Patrick and Katya, Patrick would have left a while ago.

      Delete
  2. Patrick is so miserable. How can Katya be so blind? How can she even think their marriage is perfect now? Just because she's happy that Patrick gave in to her nagging him to quit magic. Ugh she makes me want to scream! I can understand why Patrick doesn't want to throw in the towel on the marriage but something has to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor Patrick, T_T. You can slap Katya if you wish, LOL. She's completely blind because she thinks that security is the top priority. Safety trumps everything in her eyes, and now that Patrick has a safe job, and his family, she does not understand his point of view at all. Unfortunately, safe can also mean incredibly boring. You are right, something has to change because this marriage is ridiculous. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Ugh.. The switch from something you love to something you hate is always going to be hard.. I'm glad Patrick chose his family over his career, but I'm mad that Katya even had the balls to make him change it. She will never truly know and accept how much he loves magic, and that's a true shame.
    His work is nice, though of course besides the slut that's after him.
    Uuuugggghhh! Their fight! >_< Katya, I still liked you, I tried giving you chances, but this chapter? I.. I really don't know about you anymore.. T_T hahaha I don't know what's going to happen with them, but it's really not looking too promising that they'll stay together :/
    *cuddles and cries in a corner with Armand*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, especially when you were forced to go do something you hate.
      Things would be very different if Armand wasn't here, had it been just Patrick and Katya, the second Katya told him he had to give up his magic, that would have been a deal breaker for him. Patrick doesn't want Armand to grow up with divorced parents, so he is trying to compromise with Katya.
      Katya's being completely unreasonable, Patrick's already sacrificed so much for their family, but she's still trying to take more from him. Poor Patrick wanted the love his parents had, but it's not looking like that's going well for him at all.
      LOL.
      Armand: *hugs you tightly*

      Delete
  4. I was supposed to comment earlier, but life got in the way.
    I feel like if I was Patrick, I'd be miserable. Beyond insanity.
    My oldest brother is working a I think part time job at the typing center, he does almost the exact thing Patrick would be doing now. He is trying to work till November, but he's miserable and wants to quit so badly but needs the money really badly right now.
    I mean like, I know what Katya feels like to worry so so badly, but PATRICK IS DEVASTATED.
    I think that Armand would grow up fine without Katya but not without Patrick, but it's still good to have both parents around even if one of them doesn't interact with you as much.
    I feel like Katya is making no sense anymore. She can worry, but if Armand doesn't even talk to her let alone bug her everyday, she's just making up a lie. I don't know what to say about their marriage because before my mom found out she was pregnant with me, my parents were about to divorce, but they stuck together for the sake of family. They get along fine now, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, LOL, well thank you for coming back and commenting. :) I appreciate it.
      Patrick is miserable, actually. He's only staying this way because he's trying to compromise for Katya, so she'll be happy. She really needed to stop being such a wuss and just trust that he would be fine, but of course, that's not how she operates.
      Haha, yeah, Armand might be okay without Katya since she's so distant from him anyway, but Patrick wants to keep his family together. He thinks it will be better for Armand if he has both parents. It would get really messy with all that legal crap that surrounds divorces anyway, and Patrick doesn't need that extra stress in his life. Patrick also thinks that if he did try to divorce Katya, she would fight for custody of Armand, and he really doesn't want that.
      LOL, yeah, it's true, Katya doesn't make any sense. She was lying, haha, Armand entertains himself because he doesn't really like Katya that much, he mostly tolerates her. Their marriage is fucked up, that's really the only way to describe it. XD

      Delete
  5. I will never get it why people think that their children will grow up HAPPIER because of watching their parents in a loveless, sometimes even hateful or violent marriage- only because that means having to parents present at all times. Two unhappy, angry, frustrated parents.
    Hi- ho.
    Wake up, Patrick. Or better, wake up Katya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marriage is... hard, complicated, it takes work. I don't think there's one right answer to making a marriage work, and there's also no real good way to protect children from marital disputes either. Patrick and Katya both have fault of why their marriage isn't the best. So far, they try to just keep their fights away from Armand, like they don't fight when he's in the room. Armand's been fine, although of course, distant from Katya as usual, but Patrick knows that throwing some life changing event into Armand's midst might affect him negatively, and he wants to prevent that as much as he can. It's true that Armand is not as close to Katya as he is to Patrick, but she is his mother, and it wouldn't be fair to Armand if Patrick just decided 'No, we're not staying with mom anymore.' Children tend to get pissed off when parents try to make decisions for them because they feel like their feelings weren't acknowledged, and it can lead to them feeling like they don't matter. Sure, Armand's home life might not be ideal, but Katya's not putting him in any real danger, like abusing him or anything. Of course, we don't know if Armand is happier this way, or if he would be happier with just Patrick, but splitting up a family does put additional stress on every family member, and Patrick doesn't want to do that to Armand.
      Thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete
  6. Jeesus. My blog feed didn't tell me about this chapter so I ended up reading the next one first. But I'm glad I found it and read it.

    This chapter just breaks my heart. I've dealt with depression and he's absolutely right to feel like he has a right to express how he feels. It's very bad to start that slippery slope of trying to pretend you're happy. At least in my experience, trying to numb yourself to pretend you're happy when you're not serves to do two things; it makes you resentful of yourself and everyone around you, and either you'll find yourself numb even when your not sad. Not being able to "wallow in it" (as SO many people have said to me) makes the feelings last longer and feel even stronger. The pretending makes you feel even more isolated then the fighting. At least fighting still gives you an outlet to explore why you're sad and in a messed up way, even if you're fighting about it, you still feel kinda like people care and want you to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *slaps Blogger* LOL. I'm glad you found it too. :) Thank you for coming back and commenting. XD

      I've dealt with depression too. :( Yeah, I agree! Pretending just gets you into trouble, so much trouble. My experience when I pretended was just like what you mentioned. One day I just started hating myself, and then it led to me feeling so empty inside. I might as well have been a zombie, I liked nothing, didn't care about anything, it was terrible. It was like I didn't even know who I was anymore. Fighting is like, at least you have an emotion! LOL. I feel like having an emotional reaction, even a negative one, is so much better than not feeling at all. Emotions are way more necessary than people think they are.
      Ahh yeah, being isolated while pretending, it's so ironic because people want you to pretend so that you fit in more, but it ends up just making you feel like you're alone in a room full of people.

      Delete
  7. Poor Patrick, he really does sound like he's at his breaking point. I too have dealt with depression in the past and I know how it can tear you down and the ones down around you. It's sad to me that their marriage is suffering, but Katya brings a lot of it down upon herself. As for the twit in the office Rebecca. What a bitch. Ugh. Great chapter as always. That office was freakin adorable. I bet it took you forever to make! I can imagine that poster up on the wall in an office somewhere. Make today Great. Love it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Yeah, Patrick's worst fear came true, which was that he would be forced to quit his magic. Depression sucks, and it's not fair that Katya can't see that her need to keep Patrick safe is actually killing him inside. :( Haha, yeah, Katya brought on a large source of Patrick's depression, which in turn is causing her world to become miserable too. Too bad she's pretty blind to that. LOL Rebecca's a stupid starstruck idiot. XD

      Aww thanks so much. :D I had fun making that office, and finding all those "work" posters. XD

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh!!! I just don't understand Katya. Patrick's right, she doesn't give him any credit for all of the sacrifices that he's made over the last 2 years. Why is she even married with a child? All she wants to do is her own thing and everyone agree and go along with what she wants to do. She is so incredibly selfish!

    Patrick is way more understanding than most people would be but it seems like even he's reaching his breaking point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to comment using tablet and it's acting up so I have to add to my thoughts here. lol

      Poor Armand! He has a stay at home parent and she's too preoccupied with what she wants to do. And she wonders why he doesn't want anything to do with her. I'd much rather have the peace and quiet too then have her in my face all the time.

      Awesome chapter! On to read more!

      Delete
    2. You're right, Katya is selfish, and extremely blinded by what she wants. Deep down, she loves Patrick, so that's why she's married with a child, but Katya's trying to change Patrick's values to match hers, and that's where she's running into problems. Some guys just suck it up and do what their wives say because they love their family and whatever, but Patrick isn't going to just lay down and let his wife walk all over him. She's lucky he sacrificed as much as he did, and didn't just dump her ass. He loves her too, which is why he's trying to make it work, but you're right, he's getting pushed much too far because she's not giving him any space to be himself. I think that's a crucial part of getting a marriage to work, both spouses have to let each other retain a part of themselves, otherwise it becomes this, a constant battle to change the other person.

      LOL, Armand's been trying to be nice to Katya and read her as far as when she might be in a good or shitty mood, and he's learned quite well how to entertain himself when she's in a shitty mood and wants to ignore or bitch at him. On the plus side, he's gathering some great hobbies, LOL.

      Thank you for the compliments. :)

      Delete
  9. "She was afraid the person would have poisoned the food at the restaurant I was going to." That line made me laugh :) Katya needs to relax, sure something bad could happen but she could at least support her husband instead of coming up with only negative things to say after his shows. Carisa just wants everyone to be like her. Why should Patrick take a break from doing what he loves just to please his wife who's ungrateful and selfish? Office work is very structured, my mom's an accountant and sometimes in the summer I come in and help her out with filing and things like that , it can get pretty boring lol. Hang in there Patrick! I'm not surprised Katya and Ephemera had a fall out. Everything is falling apart, or at least that's what it seems like :( Jermaine kind of reminds me of Jaxson :S Rebecca is just annoying, she needs to get a grip. It's funny because all of his co-workers remind me of some of the people my mom actually workds with lol, office people are pretty boring and predictable, I hate to say that but it's the truth. Katya is so selfish, she made Patrick quit his job and after working a long day he comes home to NO DINNER....That's just wrong in so many ways lol. Men love food, she needs to learn how to whip something up in the kitchen. 'I wasn't with it last night.' Lol that made me laugh. Maybe if she opened up a cookbook and made some dinner once and a while he would be 'with it' lol. Why have sex with someone if you don't really feel up for it? That's a waste of time and that's just plain boring.
    " felt like my head was going to explode" don't worry Patrick you aren't the only one feeling this way lol. Katya can be so, frustrating and I'm not even Patrick :/ I mean seriously she complains about her son and they barely even talk throughout the day. Patrick gave up his job doing what he LOVES, what more does she want from him? She's like a life sucking leech, she needs to get a grip and get over herself, a relationship is about compromise and all she's doing is being a selfish brat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Katya's a paranoid mess and she doesn't understand that not supporting Patrick is going to kill him emotionally. So he'll be alive, but dead inside. O_O Carisa's an idiot, and a control freak, so she's trying to control Katya by telling her controlling Patrick is a great idea. *rolls eyes* LOL.

      Yeah, Patrick feels really, really bored, all the time. Katya is the cause of her own problem, and Ephemera feels torn between her sister and her friend. Ephemera feels like Katya is in the wrong with how she's treating Patrick. LOL, well I'm glad that the office people gave off that vibe, I was hoping they'd be like real office people, and I'm happy the boredom came through the chapter LOL.

      IKR? She could have at least ordered take out or something, so at least there would be food. She's becoming increasingly selfish and wanting to put everything on Patrick, which is not fair at all. Sadly she doesn't see that. *sigh* LOL. IKR? Boring sex is just boring, even if it is sex. XD Maybe if she stopped being a selfish bitch, he'd be with it. LOL.

      Katya's very pushy and annoying, and still doesn't like Armand, even though he's pretty self-sufficient these days, he's going to school and doesn't need diapers anymore, she just is being stupid about it for no apparent reason. LOL, IKR? She doesn't even see that Patrick already did everything she wanted, but she's STILL not happy?! LOL. I like your last sentence, it describes Katya perfectly.

      Delete
  10. Ugh. I knew this would happen. While I'm glad Patrick chose his family over his job (really, I expected nothing else from him), I'm just so upset that he even needed to make that choice. Katya says that she loves him, but then again I think that if she really, truly loved him, she would try to be more understanding and KNOW that Patrick LOVES magic. She wouldn't want to take it from him. People all over the world have dangerous jobs, risky their lives everyday and she needs to realize that. What if he was a cop or in the military? Would she ask him to give up either one of those? I'm just so disheartened by her actions and the words she has thrown at Patrick. She seems so oblivious to everything and everyone around her.This is looking worse and worse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in the previous chapter, it did seem like Katya was going to make the wrong decision by making Patrick quit, and Patrick was going to make the right decision by choosing his family, wasn't it? Katya is so blinded by her fear, and she is misinterpreting her fear for love. If she took out the fear part of her equation, she would be able to see that she is not showing Patrick love. You are absolutely right, if she loved him for real she would compromise with him instead of asking him to give everything while she just takes. She probably would ask him to quit being a cop or a soldier. Instead of realizing that cops and soldiers catch bad guys who make the world dangerous, she'd just fixate on the fact that in order to catch bad guys, you have to put yourself in danger. She's just that big of a wuss. She'd be the poster child for "stranger danger." I hate those people. LOLL. You can be safe without being paranoid about everything.

      Delete
  11. OMG!!!!! He gave up his job???? Hell yeah she is HELana reincarnated!!! What the fuck is wrong with her??? I don't even get it you knew what that man did for a living. You knew what his passion in life was and that crazy bitch had the nerve to say things were perfect and he needed get over it???? She ignores her son, doesn't work and Patrick has bent over backwards to make her happy when she was living the PERFECT life! He can do so much better. Hell the sister is a better option right now!!!! So fucking pissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Patrick quit because he didn't want to divorce her, and he felt that was going to be his only option. If he hadn't had Armand, he would have divorced her in a heartbeat. He just doesn't want to put Armand through custody battles, and shuffling between seeing one parent on the weekends, one during the weekdays, it's a lot of stress to break up a marriage and a family. Not that he doesn't have stress now, but he's doing what he thinks is best for Armand.

      Katya is living out "Family is everything" in an extremely messed up way. She wants Patrick to put his family first, which translates into keeping himself safe. Katya lets fear drive her more than any normal person should, and she was terrified every day that Patrick went to work on his magic act, terrified that he wouldn't come home. She thought that Patrick being safe was more important than Patrick being happy.

      Ironically, Katya is being selfish while telling Patrick he's the one being selfish. She's blinded by her controlling nature, and her desire to "have the perfect life," which she is pretty dang close to, she doesn't have to do much and she's supported financially. LOL, yeah, Ephemera seems to be a lot nicer, what with her accepting Patrick's decision, and telling him that she would stay loyal to him professionally, with the hope that Patrick might get to do magic again someday.

      Delete
  12. Oh yeah Right Katya that is the PERFECT LIFE for you but can't you see that Patrick is miserable. She wanted to be a stay at home Mom but she basically ignores her son. She is worried more about this Carisa and fiting into the right world she doesn't see what she is doing to her family.

    I'm afraid Patrick made the wrong decision regarding Armand. I understand why he didn't want Armand to have to face the facts that his parents would divorce but this is not good for Armand either in fact its worse. Patrick needs to quit this job and go back to magic. He needs to show his son to be true to himself first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya is selfish to the point of being blinded to what Armand and Patrick need. She thinks that Patrick should change because she thinks it's the best decision, but it's only good for her.

      Patrick does need to find his passion again, this night seemed to be his breaking point as far as misery goes.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com