Thursday, August 21, 2014

Patrick Twenty-Four: Secrets Destroy

"NO! Mom! Why are you always like this? Jeez!"

"Ugh, Armand, you are so infuriating! Why do you insist on making my life difficult?!"


I walked in the door after work, removing my necktie, and unbuttoning the top button of the shirt I was wearing when I heard the screams of Armand and Katya emanating through the house, the sounds vibrating through the walls and the glass on the doors. I had no idea what they were fighting about, especially since it was Armand's fourteenth birthday today. I pondered whether I should leave them to it, and not get in the middle of their crap, but I was curious as to what they were fighting about so heatedly. I pulled the door open to the kitchen and walked in, standing by the door, observing them.

"But Mom, it's my birthday! I don't understand, it's not like I am asking for something impossible! I just want a red velvet cake instead of yellow cake!"


"You are so spoiled! Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean I have to bend over backwards for you! You know I can't bake, so why are you asking me to make something this complicated for you?!"

"It's not hard! It comes in a box!"

"Well! We don't have any. Why can't you just be happy with this yellow cake? It's just cake! It's going to disappear after you eat it, so who cares?!"

Armand glared at Katya, as if he had no more words. Seriously? Katya was putting up a fight with Armand because he requested a certain kind of cake? Then she tells him who cares? On his birthday? I mean, I'm not saying Armand should get everything he wants just because it's his birthday, but he should at least have the kind of cake he wants, right? Was that so wrong? They stood there, glaring at each other, just like Katya and I had done so many times in this kitchen. I sighed, feeling the beginning of a migraine coming on. I really didn't want to take sides, especially since this reminded me of the day at the amusement park, when Katya ran off to pout while Armand and I were on the same side. Shouldn't my family be a unit? Why were we always divided amongst each other, and why was Katya always somehow putting herself in her own corner? Katya stormed off through the sliding doors, undoubtedly to go pout.


Listen to what she says. Part of the advice my father gave me that day I went over to his house after the French kissing incident with Katya resonated in my head. I didn't really feel like Armand should have to apologize, but maybe that was the best thing to do in this case? It was his birthday, so I felt like it should be his day. Ugh, my family was so complicated, all the time. I never felt like I could stand up for either one of them, so I always ended up standing up for neither of them. I felt so shitty. I almost regretted coming into the kitchen, but the end result would have been the same, I would have not stood up for either one of them. I took a deep breath, like I did before a performance, to calm myself down and hopefully clear my head, then went outside to the pool, to go and talk to Katya. I found her scrunched up on one of the lounge chairs with her hand in her hair, staring off into the distance.


"What happened in there, Katya?"

"Well, your son wants a red velvet cake for his birthday, but he knows very well I cannot bake a cake from scratch, and he insists that he doesn't want the yellow cake, which we have in a cake mix box, and even that is iffy. I might burn it while it's in the oven."

"What about picking up a red velvet cake from the bakery? That way you don't have to cook and Armand gets the flavor he wants?"


Katya's demeanor softened as if she genuinely hadn't thought about that as a possibility, and she finally looked up in my direction. It seemed like common sense to me, and then I wondered if Katya actually wanted to fight with Armand, as if she was trying to find a reason to justify her distance from him. I felt bad thinking about her that way, but with the way she kept refusing to fix things between us, what else was I supposed to think? Katya shifted around on the lounge chair and nodded. I went and sat with her, because I felt like for the first time in a long time, I wanted to sit with her. I know that sounds terrible, but her constant disapproval of me had really beat into my self-esteem a lot, and I hadn't wanted to spend much time with her if she was just going to make me feel like shit.

"Okay. That sounds like a good idea. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Katya, are you okay?"

"Yes, why?"

"I just wondered if you were mad about more than the cake?"


"I don't understand why everything has to be so difficult all the time. It's like I'm constantly at war with you and Armand."

"It doesn't have to be that way. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the bar, but I felt like with the way everything was, you would have vetoed it. I guess I just felt like keeping it a secret was the only way I was going to be able to do it."

"Well, you're right, I would have said no."

"Why? A lot of times I feel like you're trying to change me, and take away parts of me until I'm how you want me to be. What is it that you hate about that so much? Don't give me the you're afraid of losing me speech again, it's obvious that is not the case anymore."

I kept my voice calm and collected, even though I was asking Katya a very pointed question. I really wanted to get down to the bottom of why magic was such a sore subject for her. I rubbed her shoulder softly, trying to make her feel better about everything.


"What do you want me to say? That speech is the reason why."

"No one is coming after me anymore, they would have done it a long time ago if they were serious about trying that again. You won't lose me. What's the real reason?"

Katya sat there in silence, and I felt like she was shutting me out again, just like she had at the airport on our honeymoon. The only thing I could think of was that she didn't support me, and it hurt. She always told me she wanted me to be happy, but her conditions always stipulated that I had to be happy on her terms alone. Suddenly, Katya shoved me off her, and I figured I must have hit a nerve.


"Damn your perceptive trait, Patrick!"

"So there is a real reason that you're not telling me."

"DROP IT. I'm going to get the cake, I can't deal with you right now."

"I don't understand why you're so mad right now, Katya. What's the problem? Why can't you just accept that part of me? You did before! Would you just talk to me?!"

"Stop playing twenty questions with me! Just give me some space! God!"

With that, Katya walked past me, heading towards the front door with heavy footsteps. I cringed as she slammed the patio door roughly, causing it to bounce open again from the force.



As I pulled into the parking lot of the bakery, I felt a massive headache coming on, leftover from my most recent fight with Patrick, as well as the one with Armand. I enjoyed that Patrick came and sat with me on the chair, and I realized I missed having his arms around me. I wished he would do that more, but in the back of my mind, I knew he no longer did because I pushed him away with my demands. I thought we were fine, ever since I had picked up a drinking habit the morning after I tried to drag him out of the bar, which was about a year ago. Now that I knew he was performing, I just decided to let it go, and use drinking to cope. Never in a million years did I think I would have picked up the same nasty habit I had often chastised my mother for, but I guess that old saying rings true in my case, that children do turn into their parents eventually. I got upset just before this because I was trying to accept his performing, but he had to go and try to pry into my real reason I didn't like it, plus it was another little thing added onto my annoyance about Armand and the stupid cake. I dreaded telling Patrick that I thought his magic was childish, so I thought it best not to tell him, and just let him enjoy it. I felt like if I just let him believe I was okay with it, it would make him happy.


I grabbed my purse from the passenger seat of the car and opened the driver side door, getting out and shutting it, locking the doors behind me. The car made a satisfying beeping sound as I headed towards the bakery. Today I had drank all morning and stopped about two hours before Armand was due home from school. I was planning to make him a yellow cake for his birthday, but then he came home and had to whine about the choice of cake I had picked. I realized as I walked towards the bakery that it really wasn't about the cake. It was about so much more than that. I was so sick of feeling like everything I tried to do for Armand always fell short. He'd always love Patrick more than me, pick things Patrick did over me, and I was starting to resent Patrick for it, even though I knew it was my fault. I didn't make a large enough effort to repair things with Armand, choosing instead to drink my problems away. I bet if Patrick had said he wanted to make a yellow cake Armand would have been fine with it. He just wanted to fight with me because I'm the stupid mom who he doesn't like. I was bitter today, and I hated it.


The smell of fresh donuts and pastries infiltrated my nostrils, almost overwhelming to me because of the state I was in. I made my way over to the counter and put in my request that I was here to pick up a red velvet cake. I waited at one of the tables while the bakery employee went to go get my order, and massaged my head. I was starting to get a headache. I didn't really want to be at a birthday party, even though it was for Armand. The combination of my head hurting plus the fact that our relationship would probably get even worse when Armand became a teenager served to make my head hurt even more. I was secretly dreading this particular birthday of Armand's because of that fact. He'd never listen to me if I tried to tell him life lessons, and he'd probably end up knocking up the first girl he lost his virginity to at the ripe young age of fourteen. Then he would be tied down to her forever and never amount to anything.


I heard the bakery employee call for me, and as I got up, I noticed a shelf with some alcohol on it and decided to pick up one of the bottles. It was a bottle of rum, which I guessed the bakery sold in case people wanted to make rum cake for themselves or something. Whatever the reason, I was glad that it was there because I needed it. I paid for it and the cake with cash, declining a copy of the receipt when the employee asked if I wanted one. After leaving the bakery, I put the cake on the front passenger seat, and opened the rum, taking a couple of large swigs from it. As I swallowed the liquid, I felt my headache and terrible thoughts retreat into the dark corners of my mind, causing me to relax and smile to myself, after which I closed the bottle and put it in the trunk.


I got back in the driver's seat and started the car, backing it out of the parking spot and leaving the bakery. I was grateful that the bakery was far away from my house as it gave me more time to myself before I had to go to Armand's party and fake my happiness. Ever since I had decided to bury my feelings about Patrick's performing, I had lost track of why I continued to be upset about it in the first place. I knew that I still thought it was childish of him to play with magic wands and decks of cards, but like he said, there was no more fear of him getting murdered because of it. I knew Patrick was right in saying that if someone really wanted him dead, they would have tried harder, or done it already. It all seemed so juvenile of me to continue to punish Patrick for my insecurities. I wondered how strange it was that this much clarity came to me while I was under the influence of alcohol.


My family is so infuriating. Who am I kidding, though? I'm the problem. I'm in a four year long argument with Patrick, which I started, and now I'm starting to resent him because I can't get along with Armand as well as he does. Was I being too stubborn about everything? The common denominator for all of my problems was me. Maybe I need to be okay with Patrick's magic, and be okay that my relationship with Armand is rocky. Maybe I owed Patrick and Armand a massive apology. After all, it was Armand's birthday, so maybe this was the perfect time to mend things, to start over. Suddenly, someone honked at me loudly, causing me to look out the window, realizing I was halfway in the other person's lane. I swerved a little to the right to get back into my lane, and then had to correct myself so that I didn't ride up on the curb on the right hand side.


While I was busy correcting my car, I heard the squeal of some tires near me, and then I felt an impact on my left side. Suddenly I saw the world spinning in front of me. At first I thought I was just getting dizzy again, but then I realized my car was no longer going forward. I stepped on the brakes, and tried to correct myself, but another impact from the passenger side threw me around in my seat. Gripping the steering wheel was doing me no good, and everything was going in so many different directions that I didn't know how to fix it.


I noticed the cake was tumbling around inside the car and everything was now lopsided. I heard breaking glass, and some metal scraping. I realized that the reason my steering wasn't working was because my tires were no longer on the ground. I could see the large oak tree that my car was now sliding towards, and then I felt the force of the car hit the oak tree, as well as the airbag exploding in my face, making me hit my head violently on the head rest behind me, along with the extreme pressure of something crushing my chest. The last thing I heard was my car alarm going off, as everything went black, and I could feel myself slumping forward onto the steering wheel.


33 comments:

  1. katya drinking is not gonna solve your problems and you need to tell the truth about you really feel about his magic. his feelings might be hurt but he will get over it. lateknightsimmer that was sneaky with the car accident i didn't see that coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Katya's such a dumbass, but she really thought numbing her anger at Patrick was better than hurting his feelings. In her twisted way, she was trying to spare Patrick pain. She really did pick a terrible way to do it though, seeing as it resulted in her crashing her car into an oak tree. *shakes head*
      Well, thank you. :) I'm glad I was able to surprise you. XD

      Delete
  2. LateKnightSimmer.....

    I know it makes me an absolutely terrible person, but my first thought was "Well, that's not a very nice birthday gift." -_-

    Right now I'm just so burnt up with emotions about the whole thing. Katya is her own worst enemy. Don't get me wrong, nobody is blameless in this thing, but Katya looses sight of what's actually going on because of what's going on in her head...

    God. I sort-of thought that might happen when she bought the rum... Then, you had the picture of the red light and I almost couldn't finish reading... and I hadn't even read the paragraph above that picture yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's ok, you're not terrible.

      So true, Katya is bad for herself. XD Her mind consumes her so much, it's ridiculous. Her loner tendencies really bite her in the ass quite a bit. Her shutting down and running away is really stupid.

      Haha, yeah, she wasn't going to call Patrick to pick her up, and she was already drunk when she drove to the bakery, she just made it even worse by drinking before she tried to drive back. Well, I'm glad you ended up finishing it, XD I'm honestly really glad for your reaction because it's quite difficult to create a car accident scenario with the Sims, like while the accident is happening.

      Delete
  3. Katya, you're a fuckin idiot. LOL Why are you acting like a teenager? You have a husband and a child to take care of, not boss around, so how about finally growing up a little, eh? Ughh!
    I think Patrick was right not to get involved with Katya and Armand when they were fighting, otherwise it would've just turned into one huge different mess that none of them needed. I'm really glad Patrick talked to Katya about the fight she had with Armand, but I wish she would just admit that she's been a bitch for no reason for years and years. When she stormed off like that, I just wanted to be in the car waiting for her and slap her. LOL
    It was nice of her to go and get the cake that Armand wanted, but it looks like she's not going to make it back to the house with it.. :( It's sad to think that she had such a breakthrough with their problems and she felt the need to apologize for her crazy behavior only after she had a few swigs of rum. And it's even more sad that she got into an accident on her son's birthday.. Sigh.. So much drama on such a sweet boy's special day, and of course, it's all thanks to Katya.
    *shakes head at her, doesn't call her an ambulance*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes she is. She totally pulled a teenager thing here, drunk driving, ROFL. When she knows better. *rolls eyes* It just shows that she didn't give a fuck anymore.
      Yeah, it would have definitely been a mess, this family is great at creating giant messes that are always different somehow, LOL. Patrick really is sick and tired of Katya and Armand's interactions with each other and having to fix things all the time. It's almost like he has two children instead of a wife and a son. Katya's terrible habit of going silent when Patrick is trying to talk to her is something he's never been able to get her to quit doing. Hahah, she would definitely deserve that slap.
      Yeah, the cake's a red velvety mess in the car now. *sigh* Timing in this chapter was terrible, since Katya realized her need to apologize only after she had too much to drink and was already behind the wheel. If she had realized it when she was sitting on the chair with Patrick, instead of shutting him out like an idiot, she could have been spared this nonsense. LOL. Poor Armand :( he's not having a good day, and it's his fucking birthday, on the day that everyone should theoretically be happy. *slaps Katya*
      LOL, I loved that last part of your comment about the ambulance, I can't stop laughing. XD

      Delete
  4. Are you frickin' serious, Katya? Even a drunk man after a work party knows better than you. WHY DRINK AND DRIVE GOD DANG IT?

    This isn't really similar to Helena's case, but I feel like I can kinda use Katya to relate to it.
    Sometimes I wonder if I should just give up on her. It makes me so mad. She is an adult already! She's always telling Patrick to "grow up" but she's not the one "growing up"!

    I commented on the last post but it didn't show up for some reason, and to avoid looking stupid, I decided to wait and see if it'd show up. Same for this one except I decided that I'd rather look stupid than not comment... again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Katya's a dumbass. She's trying to bury her anger towards Patrick with alcohol, but that's stupid. She was already drunk when she drove to the bakery, but she made it worse with the rum that she drank in the parking lot. It shows she doesn't give a fuck anymore, since she knew it was stupid to do, but she did it anyway.

      LOL! There are some similarities between Katya and Helena, how they were both so mad about their husbands' careers, and just in general, choosing to not support their husbands. Instead, they chose to worry about themselves so much and go pout whenever they felt like they weren't getting their way. The generation's almost over, so you won't have to figure out if you want to give up on Katya for too much longer, LOL. Some adults are just adults in appearance, and not in their minds, which Katya is a great example of. It's ironic that she thinks his magic is childish, but she's the one acting like a child. XD

      You did? Hmm. I checked my settings, and I didn't see a comment from you, so I think it really didn't show up. *slaps Blogger*

      Delete
  5. Oh Katya you idiot! Picking fights to cover up how you feel isn't very grown up. She has glimmers of improving only to turn around and ruin it. When she bought the rum I knew she was going to drink and drive and it was going to end in an accident. Not smart to drink and drive, Katya. I hope she recovers and has an opportunity to follow through on her apology, that is if she remembers it once she's sober.
    I feel so bad for Armand because if his mother doesn't survive he'll always associate his birthday with losing his mother even if they weren't close. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Very true, Katya is the one acting quite childish despite her thinking Patrick's magic is childish. Haha, she was already drunk when she drove to the bakery, but her drinking that rum just made it worse. Armand's having a shitty day, so he's already not really liking his birthday, what with Katya yelling at him about birthday cakes, fighting with Patrick, and then storming out of the house, making everything about her. *rolls eyes*

      Delete
  6. OMG!!! Ok first off, dude, Katya, its just cake. No reason to be such a bitch about it....Ok now i feel bad for calling Katya a bitch when I read the ending. *Cries*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also. Katya, you are a fucking IDIOT. Drinking and driving? What the HELL are you thinking?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Katya has a way of focusing on stupid petty things when it comes to Armand, like that haircut, and now cake. She's really immature, when it comes to Armand. LMAO. Katya thought numbing her problems and then running away would be a great idea on her son's birthday. The fact that she drank even more before attempting to drive home, *shakes head* It just shows she didn't give a fuck anymore.

      Delete
  8. How did I know that something like this was to come after seeing the very last pic in the last chapter... guess it's because the way you painted Katya's character, it made perfect sense. Gosh.
    She is such a idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >:D
      I put that last picture in the previous chapter as some foreshadowing that her new way to cope was alcohol. Katya's such a loner, *sigh* if she would just talk instead of trying to numb her problems and running away, she could be spared all this crap. LOL. Yes, yes she is, a big idiot. XD

      Delete
  9. Gah... I want to call Katya bitch, I mean seriously a kid deserves to pick out his own cake on his birthday. (Also, yellow cake mix + food dye + cocoa powder + red velvet cake.) She's an idiot. Her husband is trying to help and compromise with her and listen and she ignores it. Storming off won't solve problems, nor will alcohol. I want to feel bad for her, yet she was the once who was drinking and driving because she couldn't cope with the fact that she cannot control everything... *sighs* I feel horrible for Armand, I know he isn't close with his mother, but still. If Katya doesn't survive, than his birthday will always be associated with his mother and their negative relationship and regrets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Katya was being a huge bitch here, she couldn't just put aside her problems long enough to celebrate Armand's birthday, and she picks the cake of all things to yell at him about. *sigh* Sadly, Armand's already associating his birthday with negative memories. LOL, Katya's dumb and she doesn't know how to cook, so she really didn't know that to make red velvet cake you need to start with yellow cake. XD I love that you pointed that out, LOL it made me laugh because it's like pointing out even more of Katya's stupidity.

      Patrick is seriously getting irritated with her because she keeps making everything about her, and he even apologized because that was the right thing to do, but she just had to go pick a fight with him. She is not understanding that she can talk to him, that talking will make it better.

      Haha it's okay you don't have to feel bad for her since she brought the potential of her car accident onto herself when she drank the rum in the parking lot... and she's an idiot. XD Yeah, she's become quite the control freak, she only wants her family how she thinks it should be otherwise she just throws a huge tantrum. Poor Armand, his family life is definitely going to affect him when he grows up, most likely negatively, even if she does survive.

      Delete
  10. Now I'm caught up and of course it's where a cliffhanger is. . .Darn you LateKnight! LOL! :)

    Well, considering her drinking problem it's not a great surprise that she got herself into an accident. But how bad is it? There's a lot of blood in that car, LateKnight! If she dies, it will free Armand and Patrick from her but at the same time, I would think they would feel guilty if she died. Stupid Katya! Now Armand's birthday is about her (is that mean? I'm just kind of over her and her demands and lack of consideration for everyone else).

    I can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, cliffhangers should be done sometimes... XD

      *shrugs* Depends if an ambulance got to her in time. LOL. If she dies, Patrick and Armand will have mixed feelings, and they might feel a little wierd about those feelings too, since both of them didn't have the best relationship with her. Patrick at least will have good memories from before that he shared with Katya, but Armand won't really have much to remember except for her constant screaming. Nah, it's not mean of you, I was kind of tired of writing her whining about the same bullshit. LOL.

      Delete
  11. Err, I was pretty sure I'd written a comment...guess not.

    Well, I didn't see the drinking part at all. That explains the argumentative attitude...but even drunks are happy sometimes! She was just depressed. I'm surprised her marriage counselor didn't pick up on those signs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, haha. Well, thanks for coming back and leaving one. :)

      Yeah, Katya was an angry drunk, apparently, although she did come home one time giggling, so those were her happy drunk times. LOL. She would drink when Armand made her mad, or even when he didn't, she was just being stupid and drinking because she didn't want to talk. *rolls eyes* With Carisa, she was more the happy drunk, but with her family, being drunk just amplified her anger and she'd freak out over something as retarded as cake. XD

      Katya would always go into therapy with guns blazing, and always just bitch about Patrick, so the therapist was trying to focus on that. She was very good at hiding her little secret from everyone, including the therapist. I suppose you could say Katya was depressed, but she was more angry that she wasn't able to control her family like she wanted to. She just wanted Patrick to be the office man, and she wanted to be best friends with Armand, but she didn't try. She just runs away and hides behind her alcohol.

      Delete
  12. First of all that last picture was fucking classic, I love it. :) Katya could've just ordered a cake for Armand I mean honestly, it's Armand's day...You have to make him feel special. I mean yeah, you don't want to spoil him but birthday's only come once every year so you have to make the best of it. She's his mother, she should want Armand to be happy even if that means going out and getting the cake he wants, my mother always told me having kids is about sacrifice because you always do whatever you can to see your kid happy, it's never really about yourself anymore but then again my mother bended backwards for me and my siblings according to Katya soooo yeah lol. Patrick just looks better and better every chapter especially on a fullscreen :) lol but Katya's starting up again, she needs to calm down and just relax sometimes. Alcohol and drugs is never the answer, she is becoming just like her mother but I don't know if I have any remorse for her... I know that's bad but she causes her own problems. I understand where she's coming from though, sometimes you can get so down in the dumps and feel like alcohol will make you feel better, been there done that but I've never actually drank when I'm sad just because I know it's stupid and nothing good will come out of it really. She needs to find a better way to cope because that's just drinking for the wrong reasons. She's well on her way to becoming an addict if she isn't one already. Holy crap, is she dead? I swear for some strange reason your stories always tie up to something I experienced in life or am currently experiencing...This is so weird lol but why would she drink and drive? That's just so silly and immature...Now how is Armand going to feel knowing that his mother got into a car accident on his birthday going to get him a cake, he must feel so guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks, that last picture is my favorite picture out of the whole generation. XD
      IKR? It's just a cake, why the fuck do you have to argue about it and make a giant deal about it... oh because you're drunk, that's why... >:D

      LOL Patrick's very attractive, he's going to pass on some amazing genes. XD

      Yeah, she causes her own problems, and she has definitely turned into her mom, just what she didn't want. *points and laughs at Katya* LOL. You'll find out in later chapters what happened to her after the accident, she's very much a full blown alcoholic already. She drank and drove because she "needed" the alcohol, which ties into her she's addicted to alcohol, and because she's stupid. LOL. Armand's feelings will be discussed in these few ending chapters of generation two as well as generation three.

      Delete
  13. Seriously, Katya?! A bloody freakin' cake?! *screams* It's such a simple thing. I think that everyone should get the type of cake they want for their birthday. And red velvet cake is freakin' delicious, man. haha omg. She behaves so immaturely sometimes, I just don't get it. Omg, Patrick, you're a life saver. Cherry flavored. haha Buy the darn cake from the bakery: no baking, no yellow cake. Perfect! Jiminy, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Thanks. lol ;)

    I wondered about her drinking after she came home drunk that night. I know it was just once, but it made me wonder. How sad though that she only sees where she is in the wrong after having a few swallows of liquor down her throat. If only she could have seen all of this before now...Oh no! Ok, she's a bit annoying and frustrating at times, but I didn't want her to die! (Is she dead? I'm just assuming here, I guess. She looks pretty dead...) :'( How terrible! And on Armand's birthday?! That poor little boy. *wraps Armand in a warm, comforting embrace* How are Patrick and Armand going to react to this? I can only imagine. And now I'm gong to find out because I need to knowwwww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? She picks fights over the stupidest things, leading Patrick to think there's a deeper reason why she was mad about it. Mmm. I agree, I had my wedding cake be half red velvet cake just because it's so delicious. Plus it looks like I just mixed up a batch of blood when I'm making it because the dye is so... red... >:D and I'm evil. ROFL. There's nothing to get really because she's just immature and stupid, always. XD LOL, your comment makes me laugh. I love it.

      Yes, her coming home drunk like that was one night when she was that drunk, but she had always been a little drunk every day for the past year. *rolls eyes* IKR? She seems to have turned into a true alcoholic, where she thinks she can't see clearly, unless she has liquor in her system. IDK... the next chapter says if she's dead or alive... haha, I made the car accident look pretty awful so there'd be a question as to her survival. Yeah, on Armand's birthday... *sighs* He's not going to be happy, and neither is Patrick, that's for sure. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Bahahahah Ok, I have to say it:I love you! LOL Seriously, reading your responses to my ridiculousness is the highlight of my day right now. I made you laugh? I'm dying of it at the moment. ROFL a batch of blood...gawd...haha I think the same thing when I make them. Or the red armadillo cake-reference pops into my head. And I find evil to be so much more...interesting at times. So many layers to evil and dark depravity. Unicorns and rainbows are nice every so often, but a girl can only take so much, ya' know? haha :)

      Delete
    3. LOL, love you back. XD
      Oh yes, you made me laugh LOL, when you were like "I'm losing my mind, thanks" XD
      Hmm, I'm not sure I know what the red armadillo cake-reference is. o.O
      Yeah, I'd agree with that, the evil is so much more fun for me to write. There's a lot more interest I can put into a sinister situation. If happy fluffy stuff keeps going on and on, in all honesty, I get very... very bored. LOL. Plus it's not very realistic... so yeah, only taking so much? I totally get it. XD

      Delete
  14. haha It's from an older movie, "Steel Magnolias," I think. There's a red velvet armadillo cake at a bachelor party or wedding. I think it was a big deal. I don't know, maybe just for me. When they cut it, it was like blood or something. It's funny....Oh gosh. I sound like a psycho. >.< lol But anyway, I almost always think of that reference, or scene, I guess, when I'm baking red velvet cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ok, that explains it because I have never seen Steel Magnolias. LOL. Holy shit, I never thought of that, if you put red filling inside a red velvet cake shaped like a live animal, that it would be like you were killing the animal when you cut the cake. LOL. Ehh, no worries, as this legacy goes on, you'll probably think I'm a psycho, so don't worry about that. XD I have many, many plans that are.. ehh, how should we say it... unpleasant. LOL.

      Delete
  15. I don't feel bad for Katya at all. Like she said all her problems had the same common denominator: HER! She was the one that didn't bond with her son because she was too busy being in her own head and wrapped up with her own 'problems' Instead of fixing or trying to fix she kept pushing her son away over and over forcing him to try and do things that would please her but had no real concern for his happiness.

    She did the same thing to Patrick. She thought his job was childish, clearly she needs to be the one to grow up. Forcing a person to change to suit her needs is not what marriage is about. I swear if not for the fact I know Helena had no kids, I would say that Katya was her spawn! I feel for Patrick and if she dies, poor Armand's birthday will always be marred with tragedy. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I rather enjoyed putting that very last picture together. LOL. Her all laying there bleeding out with a wrecked car. It's such a stupid shame she only thought of this while she was drunk. *rolls eyes at her* She definitely pushed away Patrick and Armand, and brought everything onto herself. She thought keeping secrets was going to make Patrick happy, but that's not the key to a good marriage. Hahaha, Katya and Helena took something out of the same playbook. Yeah, we'll see her fate in the next chapter.

      Delete
  16. Katya did it to herself. She thought the world had problems but it was only her. She had to fight with him over the type of birthday cake he wanted? She couldn't figure out by herself to buy one at the bakery? And she knew better than to drink and drive.

    I'm hoping that she is still alive because I don't want Armand blaming himself for his mother's death. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't car what happened to her. She would deserve what she gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she absolutely did it to herself. Her loner tendency to just shut people out and not talk to them was ridiculous. It causes crap like this to happen, where she resorted to addictive habits to "deal with her problems" rather than face them. Did she know better than to drink and drive? LOL, I question Katya's logic every time I re-read about her downward spiral. Yeah, she didn't figure out to go to the bakery herself because she was too preoccupied with her stupid childish behavior to think like an adult woman.

      Stupid Katya... LOL. We shall see what happens regarding all of that, I see you've finished that part however, hehe, so you do know. XD

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com