Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Patrick Seventeen: Play Date

"Mommy, I hate you! I can't believe you made me cut my hair! Daddy told me he asked you not to do it! Why couldn't you have listened to him?!"


I sighed as Armand stormed up the stairs and ran to his room. Since the house was so large, I was only able to hear the faint sounds of his bedroom door slamming. I admit me wanting Armand to get his hair cut was to try to make friends for myself. I had gone to some of Armand's school activities, and the other moms invited me for play dates, which I had gone on, but I got some dirty looks from them for some reason. Then I heard in passing that some of the moms thought Armand looked unkempt. I really didn't want him to start his life with that kind of stigma attached to him, so I thought that the hair cut would help both he and I, but it turns out it only helped me. The mom who had said the comment about Armand, whose name was Carisa, suddenly changed her tune and I had lunch with her the other day. She was now my only friend, well, besides Ephemera, but I wanted friends other than my family members, like Patrick had Emmanuel.


I knew I was wrong to yell at Patrick for hanging out with his best friend, but I was just so mad about everything else that I took it out on him. We had made up, but I knew Patrick was going to be angry once Armand told him I hadn't listened to his advice about the haircut. I suddenly felt stupid for giving in to peer pressure, as if I was a teenager being asked to try drugs or something. Why did I have to worry so much about what others thought about me? I always tried to be the good girl, and fit in, I just wanted people to like me. Was that so wrong? Now it felt like my own son didn't like me. I felt like I did that day at the airport when Armand told Patrick he loved him, but not me. In a way, I thought I deserved it, I hadn't exactly been the best mom at the start of Armand's life, it's no wonder he wasn't close to me.


I tried to shake depressing thoughts out of my head as I mentally prepared myself to talk to Armand so we could go to Carisa's house for our play date. I knew he'd still be mad at me, but he liked to play with Mikayla, Carisa's little girl of the same age. Armand only put up with me if he could hang out with Mikayla. It had been about thirty minutes since Armand had yelled at me, so I ventured to his room to see if he would come out and be a little calmer. I braced myself as I knocked on the door. Through the glass on the door, I saw Armand sitting on his bed pouting.


"Armand? It's Mommy."

"Go away!"

"Do you want to go see Mikayla? Her mommy wants to hang out with me."

I watched as Armand got off the bed and walked over to me, opened the door, and crossed his arms over his chest, all while glaring at me.


"Mommy, you know you can't always use my friend to manipulate me, right?"

My heart instantly felt terrible knowing that Armand saw right through me at such a young age. I tried to remain strong, knowing I had brought this upon myself, but trying not to break down and withdraw again from him. I had already done enough damage. I looked down at the floor, ashamed.


"Yes, I do. Armand, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have made you cut your hair. I just really needed a grown up friend."

"Too late now, I can't glue my hair back on my head... or sew it back together."

"That's true, but it will grow back."


Armand sighed, knowing that what I had said was true. He released his defensive stance, even though I knew he was still upset with me.

"Okay, Mommy. We can go hang out with your friend. I do want to see Mikayla. She sits next to me in class and we eat lunch together."

"Thank you, Armand. You don't have to forgive me right away, but thank you for cooperating with me even though you are upset."

"Yeah... you're right, my hair will grow back. I'll go with you, but I don't forgive you yet, and I'm still telling Daddy about this!"


I nodded towards him, knowing I deserved it, and we headed downstairs together, walking to Carisa's house as she also lived by the beach just a few houses down. When we got there, I let Armand ring the doorbell and he happily waved at Mikayla when Carisa opened the door, seeing her standing by the armchair that wasn't far from the entrance. Carisa's house was large, and she had nice things, just like Patrick and I did. Her husband was an accountant and she was a paralegal, so they made good money. Something gnawed at the back of my mind as to why she didn't like me before, even though she did now. Status was probably important to her, and since Patrick was a celebrity, I didn't think that was the problem. Appearances were most likely also high on her priority list, and it must have been because she didn't want Mikayla hanging out with a boy whom she deemed unfit based on his looks.


"Hi, Katya! It's good to see you. How are you? Armand, don't you look handsome. I love your haircut! You look so grown up and sophisticated!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Drescur."

I was proud of Armand, as he smiled politely at Carisa and addressed her appropriately even though he hated his haircut. He knew how to act in public.


"Hi, Mrs. Hunt, is it okay if Armand and I go play?"

"Hello, Mikayla, yes, that's fine. You kids have fun."

"See you later, Mrs. Drescur."

"Enjoy your playtime, Armand."

Carisa smiled after Armand and Mikayla as they ran to play on the slide and jungle gym contraption she had in her backyard. Then she turned to me with one perfectly tanned hand on her hip, looking at me confidently through her dyed blonde hair. I knew it was dyed because I could see that her roots were growing back in.


"Wine, Katya?"

"Yes, please."

"I have to say, Katya, Armand's hair cut is spot on. He looks so much better now! He just reminded me too much of someone who wouldn't go far in life with the way he looked before. We've got to dress our kids for success, you know? I'm much more comfortable with Mikayla having him as a friend now. I don't want her starting out badly in life."

I smiled weakly at Carisa, trying to ignore her multiple insults about Armand. After all, she was complimenting him now, so there was no need for me to get hung up on the other things she said.


"Thank you. He really put up a fight with that haircut, but I put my foot down."

"Good for you. We can't have our children running our lives, huh? After all, we are the ones in charge until they're eighteen."

"That's true, we are the parents."

"Yeah! I really hate those parents who just let their children do whatever they want. I mean, those little guys need our guidance, they don't know any better."

After pouring the wine, Carisa sat down at the table and smiled at me, propping her foot up on my chair. I saw that she was wearing about a four inch heel. I remember wearing high heels on my honeymoon, but most of the time, I preferred flat shoes.


"Katya, what's wrong? You look kind of... I don't know, sad? Upset?"

As much as I was trying to ignore the insults she had thrown at Armand from what she just said, her words had gotten to me. However, I didn't want to anger my only friend, so I sucked it up and lied to her. I also didn't want to perhaps cost Armand his friendship with Mikayla, which was the other reason I wasn't going to tell Carisa the truth.

"This wine is really good, Carisa. I'm just stressed out, a lot of days, I don't feel like a good mother."

"Awww, honey, why do you say that?"


"Just cause Armand gets upset with me a lot. It's like no matter how I try to make things right with him, I always do something wrong."

"Ahh, that's nothing, babe. We can't be best friends with our children all the time, or we wouldn't be their parents."

"I mean, are you and Mikayla friends?"

"Yes, but when I tell her how it is, she has to listen because I'm the mother. You need a backbone, Katya. You need to not let Armand get to you. It's your job to discipline him. It's the only way he'll learn."

"Yeah, that's true. I just want him to like me so bad, though. Okay, so I had some post-partum depression after he was born, so I'm trying to make up for it, I guess."


"That's noble, Katya. I can tell you care about him just as much as I care about Mikayla. Just don't let Armand think that he can do whatever he wants. You'll be fine. Motherhood is difficult, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. Besides, you've got that handsome husband of yours to help with the child rearing."

I smiled when Carisa mentioned Patrick. She was right, I did have Patrick's support, even if we did disagree on how to deal with Armand at times. In the grand scheme of things, I shouldn't complain, Armand was very well behaved and he did well with his schoolwork. Carisa seemed like one of those helicopter parents, thinking she knew what was best for her child, disregarding what Mikayla may have wanted. I didn't agree with everything she was saying, but that's not what friendship was about, so I just listened to her talk and share her opinion with me. After a few more glasses of wine, the kids came in and we ate lunch with them, then Armand and I went on our way.


As we left the Drescur residence and walked home, I felt the wine kick into my system. I was starting to feel warm and happy.

"Armand, did you have fun with Mikayla?"

"Yes, Mommy. We played on the jungle gym and then talked."

"What do you talk about?"

"I don't know. It's a secret."

"A secret?"


"Yeah, she doesn't want her mommy to know."

"Well, you can tell me."

"No, cause you're friends with her mommy and you might tell her. I can't take that chance. I promised Mikayla."

"Honey, secrets aren't good. Secrets usually hurt people."

"Still, I promised Mikayla. I know what that means. Don't worry, she's not hurting herself or anything, it's not that kind of secret."


I sighed, knowing if I kept pushing Armand, he would get upset with me again. We walked the rest of the way in sort of a tense silence. I wished I knew what I could do to get Armand to let me into his life. Anytime he had a problem, he ran to Patrick first. Patrick was the one who knew everything about Armand, whereas I just felt like a caretaker. I packed Armand's lunches and got his schoolwork organized so he wouldn't forget his assignments when he went to school in the morning. I supposed taking care of those mundane things was progress since apparently I had done none of the nurturing activities I should have done when Armand was a baby. I was unsure how and if I would ever stop beating myself up for that lost time. We approached our house, and went inside, going our separate ways.


I went to find Patrick, seeing that he was doing the laundry, and then smiling to myself that I had a husband who would willingly do such a thing. I waited for him to finish what he was doing and then waved at him through the glass door. He smiled at me, then gave me a hug and a kiss.


"Mmmm... hello, Patrick. I love when you say hello with your tongue."

Patrick laughed, and cupped my face in his hands, looking at me lovingly.

"How was your day with Armand?"

"Rocky at first, but it got better."


"Why was it rocky? What did you do?"

I was a little annoyed that he assumed it was me who had committed the offense, but then I decided that since he had every right to think that because he knew what I had been planning to do this morning, I gave in, and pretended to pout a little, flirting with him instead.

"I took Armand to the hair salon."

Patrick sighed, and let go of me, leaning on the counter behind him.


"Ugh, Katya. Why?"

"I just wanted Carisa to like me. She's the mother of one of Armand's closest friends, and I wanted her to like Armand too, so she would allow her daughter to keep hanging out with him."

Patrick sighed again, and furrowed his eyebrows at me. I could see the disappointment in his eyes, and I instantly felt ashamed. I didn't know how to continue the conversation, and I wasn't sure if he was going to talk to me, but he did.


"What made you think Carisa's daughter was going to stop seeing Armand just because her mom says so?"

"I hung out with Carisa today and she seemed like one of those moms who hovers. Like if she told Mikayla to jump, Mikayla would say how high. I just didn't want Armand to lose a friend over such a petty thing as a haircut."

"I still think you were wrong to force him, but what's done is done. Just please, don't do that again, okay?"

I nodded, and looked at the floor, which I felt I was doing a lot lately. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't know Patrick had come closer to me until I felt his arms around me, holding me tightly. I looked up, and laid my head on his shoulder, placing my hand on his chest. I loved the jacket he was wearing, and how he had barely zipped it up, leaving most of his chest exposed. I traced my finger along his collarbone, enjoying the warmth of his skin on my palm.


I barely heard him whisper in my ear while hugging me.

"Where's Armand?"

"He went to go paint on his easel."

Patrick led me by the hand into the small living room. He sat on the couch, and motioned for me to come sit with him. I did and he came close to me, kissing me passionately. I unzipped his jacket and touched his muscular torso with both of my hands, unable to get enough of him. He touched my breasts through the fabric of my dress, making me feel warm between my legs. Then he rolled over on top of me, laying me flat on the couch, while continuing to roll his tongue around in my mouth.


I could feel how hard he was, but I didn't remove any of his clothing in case Armand did walk in on us. Patrick spread my legs gently and rubbed his groin on me, which was much more pleasureful than I thought it could be, considering we still had all of our clothes on. I was breathing very heavily at this point, and I heard him growl from pleasure as well. He continued kissing and pressing his body onto me until I swore I felt the same feeling of climax now that I did when we were naked and actually having sex.


I gasped and panted from the excitement, feeling my body relax now that it had found its release.

"Mmm... Patrick."

"I love you, Katya."

"I love you too."

32 comments:

  1. oh katya when are going to learn you can't give in to peer pressure. you can't be a follower,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shakes head* Some people... >_> Katya. *glares*
      Some people never learn. I don't know if she will or not, I guess we'll just have to see. Her relationship with Armand would get a lot better if she would quit the peer pressure thing. XD

      Delete
    2. Armand's haircut looks disgusting. I hate it too. Katya needs to learn from her mistakes but there's a difference between a child not wanting to take and shower and a haircut. Because hair takes a long time to grow... So will their relationship.

      Delete
    3. @parabee27: IKR? I dislike his hair as well. -__- It'll be back to normal in a later chapter, LOL. It's true, Armand was just fine, he behaves, and he's a functioning member of society, there was no need for Katya to impose that on him. That is so true, their relationship is difficult, and hopefully it gets better. XD

      Delete
  2. Im sorry but I don't even know why she would want to be friends with that Carissa woman!! Judge mental cow and OVER A HAIRCUT!!! AND Katya fell for it too!!! You can be best friends with your kids and still be their parent!! I had to laugh when she's too busy picking faults with Armands hair she forgets to do her own roots LOL!! Im really not sure Katya should be taking parenting advice of that woman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's fine, Carisa's a bitch. I wouldn't want to be friends with her either. LOL. Katya's thinking is skewed and she thinks it's better if she's friends with Carisa because Armand is friends with Mikayla. It's convenient for Katya, since they live a few houses down from each other. ROFL, I thoroughly enjoyed you calling Carisa a cow! XD I know, right? Patrick's the example that Katya has right under her nose, he's a parent, and he's Armand's best friend. LOL, Katya's very dense sometimes. Hahaha, I'm happy the roots amused you, I hoped that it would show that Carisa is a bit of a hypocrite, she judges other people, and she's so egotistical that she thinks she's always right, so no one else can judge her. Katya doesn't agree with Carisa's advice, but she listened to what she had to say anyway to be polite. She's still going to try to be friends with Armand, since that's all she really wants. She's just, sadly, failing miserably at it. LOL.

      Delete
  3. I hate Armand's hair:( But like Patrick said 'what's done is done'. Plus hair will grow. Katya needs a new friend or figure out what makes a good friend as Carisa isn't it. How could she just sit there and take the insults that woman was throwing out about Armand? No one should be that desperate to have a friend that your willing to make over your son to be accepted. I know she concerned with Armand's friendship with Mikayla but who's to say they wouldn't still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T_T So do I. Poor Armand. Yes, thankfully, it will grow back. Patrick thought it best to move on from the problem instead of fighting with Katya.
      LOL, Carisa is a bitch. Katya is under the delusion that she has to be friends with Carisa because she's Mikayla's mom, and Mikayla is Armand's friend. This of course, is not true. Armand and Mikayla made their own decisions to be friends, and it has nothing to do with their moms. Katya's shy and I guess her mama bear instinct never developed properly, so she just took the insults, even though they were making her unhappy. She did have a lifetime of insults thrown at her from Ephemera, so sadly, she's used to it. You're right, she should not have used Armand in that way, it's no wonder he was pissed off at her.

      Delete
  4. Hmm.. In the beginning, Katya says that she wants friends like Patrick had Emmanual, but she totally freaked out on him last chapter for even spending a little time with him.. That seems rather rude/hypocritical of you Katya.. :/ Maybe she was just really jealous of Patrick in their last fight because she feels like she doesn't have any friends that are outside the family. *hugs Katya* God, I'm so iffy about her.. Sometimes shes so cute and I love her, and other times she can be a huge bitch? Hahahaha
    Haircuts sometimes can be a good thing, but if someone is that adamant about not getting one, why continue to push it? I feel like a lot, if not all, of Katya's problems so far were caused by herself. She needs to get a higher self-esteem, and a better friend.. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah she was being a hypocrite. Last chapter, she was just super frustrated from everything. She'd had one of those days where everything goes wrong. She tried to make friends with the moms at school, and they rejected her, then she got in a fight with Armand, so he rejected her, Patrick had bad timing and went to Emmanuel's, so she felt like Patrick rejected her too. Thus, she exploded.
      She does feel sad that she has no friends, and she's having a hard time not beating herself up about it, and wondering why no one likes her.
      Yeah, Katya was completely out of line forcing Armand to get a haircut. It's like petty and stupid, she should have been happy that Armand is only five and knows already what he wants to look like. LOL. Sadly, she decided to be a wierdo and cause problems for herself, which is very true, she is kind of like Helena in that regard, she's too focused on what she needs that she forgets that she's affecting her family negatively.

      Delete
  5. I'm really glad they're still in love and they're working through all this. I'm also super impressed that Katya realized that she did something wrong, even if she's letting that idiot Carisa tell her differently.

    I'm honestly more worried about Mikayla more than anything else. Armand has Patrick there for a support system, and Katya has her therapist to work through her major issues. But, who does Mikayla have? Armand? No offense to the little sweetie, but that's not a very good support system - especially with the major bitch she has for a mother. Sure, Katya is misguided, but she not a complete douchebag.

    On the topic of douchebaggery though, I am going to personally beat up that stupid "friend" Carisa. How DARE she say something like that about sweet little Armand!! I could slap you upside the head for not standing up for him Katya! Sure, friends aren't there to tell you what you should believe, but they SHOULD NOT FOR ANY REASON EVER suggest that you or your perfect little sweetheart of a son is anything but perfect!!! I could see if she was letting him run around in cloths that didn't fit and weren't in good repair, or if he was a little brat, but because he had long hair?!!!? WTF kind of message is that for your child - "ohh baby, don't talk to that man... he has long hair, he's probably a villain or something..." this is life, not some stupid kids movie, where appearances "foreshadow" who the character is!!! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH CUNTS LIKE THAT!!!*!*!! alright.

    *Ahem* excuse my language please. You have a penchant for creating characters I despise. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, haha, they were just having a marital argument, nothing to call it quits over. I know, right? Katya's dumb sometimes, but deep down she knows what she wants to do, which is get closer to her family, even if Carisa is saying otherwise.

      Mikayla does have a father, and he's not wretched, so I would suppose he would be her support, he just wasn't shown in this chapter. I wasn't going to go into super detail with Mikayla's family, I just wanted to show Carisa and Katya's interaction. Mikayla and Armand have gotten to know each other in the short time they've been in school together, but yeah, two five year olds don't know enough about the world to help each other. LOL. They do talk though, in their own little kid way, so Armand's as much of a help as he can be.

      *puts Carisa in front of you so she can receive a beating*
      LOL, I love your defensiveness of Armand, and your love for him. ^_^ Thank you. Haha. Carisa is egotistical, overconfident, and a bitch. She's a woman who thinks looks define personality, which sadly, a lot of people do. Why they do this is beyond me, and it makes me crazy. She cares about Mikayla in her own twisted way, thinking that if she can protect Mikayla from things she deems dangerous, Mikayla will be safe.

      The reason Katya wanted to be friends with her is because she thinks that it would be good to know the parents of her son's friend, and she's crazy lonely for a girl friend, so she thought maybe that would be a good start.

      It's okay, I didn't write Carisa expecting anyone to like her LOL, as I was writing her, I kept thinking, man, this chick is a bitch. Daaamn. ROFL.

      Delete
  6. "I hung out with Carisa today and she seemed like one of those moms who hovers. Like if she told Mikayla to jump, Mikayla would say how high."
    Funny that right now I am under the impression that she would love to be that kind of mom herself :o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm yeah, you make a good point. Katya is trying to tell Armand how to look, that's kind of similar to controlling him to be what she wants him to be. At least here when he ran away from her to go to his room, she realized to herself that she was doing it because she wanted friends, not because she really wanted to control him. Too bad it came across that way to both him and Patrick. XD

      Delete
  7. Err, ummm...I don't even know what to say. I'm all for haircuts but the boy said no and it wasn't like he was wearing it in a ponytail or anything, sheesh!

    As for that Carisa woman...ugh. I HATE her haircut. I wouldn't take fashion advice from her. I'm just saying...

    Also, I think the way those two make love is so cute and...innocent. (Does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Katya went overboard in this situation. Tsk, tsk, *shakes finger at Katya* Bad parenting. LOL. Even if he was wearing it in a ponytail... so what? As long as he wasn't tripping on it, I see no problem.

      LOL Carisa. Yeah, I didn't write her because I wanted people to like her. Her hair is ridiculous, I like the haircut, but it does scream like 'Mom' hair. I purposely gave her a bad dye job for my entertainment and for people to make fun of her ROFL. Her suggestion for Armand's haircut was just blah and boring. No one should take hairstyle advice from her unless they hate their life. LOL.

      Cute and innocent, yeah I think that makes sense. Considering Katya's history with rough sex and how she didn't enjoy it, Patrick's usually pretty delicate and innocent with her.

      Delete
  8. Seriously! Just smack me! I read this and didn't comment?!!!! Bad Sandybeachgirl!

    Really? *scrolls back up to check* WTH! So sorry!!!

    I get that she wants to "fit in" but if she wants to do it, leave the child out of it. I mean, really?!

    Hahaha! I'm reading your comment above about giving her a bad dye job! The whole time that Katya was commenting on her not liking Armand's hair and yet Carisa herself has the worst hair dye job I've ever seen. Lol! Oh you have a wicked sense of humor; just one of the many reasons I enjoy talking with you. :D

    Damn! You can even right an amazing love scene without them taking their clothes off! Just, wow! Can I pay you to write mine. :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Ok... *smacks, but lightly* XD

      No one ever said Katya was smart... LOL. She's using Armand, the poor boy! I can't imagine why he doesn't get along with her very well. *sarcasm* I put in that Armand knows Katya's using him when he said "You know you can't use Mikayla to manipulate me all the time, right?" LOL, he is a smarter child than she gives him credit for. It's no way to treat her child, and she needs to get some self confidence so she stops feeling the need to fit in. It's seriously not worth it a lot of times, especially when she has to resort to using her own son to fit in. XD

      LOL, I thought Carisa's terrible hair would be a great way to show how much of a hypocrite she is, only wanting to tell people how to do things, but exempting herself from her own "rules." She's really just lazy and she hasn't gotten her ass to the salon to fix her roots yet.

      Aww thanks! LOL. I'd say love scenes are probably my strong point when I write. It was one of the first things I wrote, so I guess I've had a lot of practice. XD High praise, sandybeachgirl! I'm honored. XD

      Thank you for taking the time to come back and check whether you commented or not. XD ♥ I appreciate it. LOL.

      Delete
  9. Oh Katya, why do you have to give into peer pressure, and you certainly don't need a friend like that. Poor Mikayla, can you imagine having an over controlling mother who accepts nothing but perfection out of their children. /sigh. I'm glad Katya recognizes the fact that she does have issues and knows she did something wrong, and is willing to work through her issues with her hubby. Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because Katya's weak. LOL. She's very concerned with what people think of her, and unfortunately, Carisa lives nearby and she happens to be Armand's friend's mom. Katya thought it would be nice to make friends with Carisa because of that, whether that was necessary or not is yet to be determined. More likely than not, though, is it wasn't necessary. LOL. Katya's so desperate for a friend she's willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel, sadly.
      Mikayla's probably going to have issues or rebel pretty bad as a teenager since her mom is overbearing. Katya does know she's messed up LOL, but at least she has Patrick to be there for her.

      Delete
  10. With friends like Carissa, who needs enemies? If your child's haircut has such a profound bearing on whether or not she'll be friends with you, what's next on the list? Surely, Katya will fall short in some other area soon enough. You can't please people like Carissa, so why be friends with them? You're better off alone, Katya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah she's a frenemy for sure. LOL. A friend who's sort of an enemy. I don't think that Carisa would have stopped being friends with Katya if Armand hadn't gotten a haircut, but she would have just kept mentioning the need for a haircut to Katya. Unfortunately for Katya, she thinks that having a friend, even a shitty one, is better than being alone and jealous of Patrick's friendship with Emmanuel. She's a people pleaser, so even if Carisa may seem like she's unable to please, Katya will still try because that's just how she is. XD

      Delete
  11. OMG WHY?!?! I can't get over how excited I am while reading this lol but poor little Armand has to suffer from his moms insecurities. His mom is right though, hair does grow back. It's good Armand can see right through his mom's BS though, what she did wasn't right and I'm really upset about it even though this is just a story...I have an attachment with the characters and how they feel, if that makes any sense. :) How the hell is Katya okay with Carisa insulting her own SON?!?!?! I mean seriously, that is a whole new level of rudeness. And how does a person's hair dictate how far they will go in life? That's just ignorant beyond belief, Carisa needs to get a grip and live a little instead of feeding into sitgmas and stereotypes, I hate ignorant people, it just blows my mind. Armand may be young but he knows a hell of a lot more about respect and acceptance than Carisa does. Children do need guidance to an extent, but they don't need to be indoctrinated and brainwashed by their parents, that's just wrong and cruel. Carisa is right about the whole parent and best friend thing, parents are just that, parents but you still can't destroy your relationship with your child by being too harsh. Kids/teenagers are sneaky and they will do whatever they want to be happy whether their parents like it or not. If you're too strict of a parent most of the time your kids will rebel and go behind your back about things ( I know I sure did, at least with my mom lol but I'm still a good person) I hope Katya takes everything she says with a grain of salt, I don't like Carisa...Not only that but Carisa seems manipulative and untrustworthy. I wonder what Mikayla told Armand though....Hmmm, I think it has something to do with her mom. I'm honestly surprised at Patrick though, he took all of that much better than I expected. Armand has some very frisky parents and he doesn't even know it lol , thank god he didn't walk in on them...That would've been alot to explain lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! :) I'm glad you were excited. Yeah, :( Armand is suffering, but thank god he has Patrick. Ugh. Hahaha. Armand is smart, he inherited that from Patrick and Max, and he knew when he was being played. LOL. Yes, omg, I do get it - I get attached to my characters too, and so I am really happy you are as well, I take it as a huge compliment actually, thanks so much for saying that. :)

      Ugh, Katya's a wuss. She's not really okay with Carisa's insults, but she was too shy to rock the boat and possibly lose Carisa's friendship, even though Carisa is a terrible person. LOL. Haha, Carisa's views are totally fucked up aren't they? Haircuts don't determine life paths at all, you're absolutely right. XD I love your thoughts about Carisa LOL, when I was writing her I was like hmm how can I make her the most ignorant bitch in the world? XD Yeah, controlling your child is definitely bad, I hated if my parents tried to tell me what to do, and guidance is very different from dictating.

      Haha, Mikalya's secret most definitely has to do with her mom. It goes back to all the stuff Carisa just told Katya, how she "makes" Mikayla do what she wants and influences her friendships so she hangs out with the "correct" people. *rolls eyes* This generation is all about secrets, and everyone in it has them. XD

      Patrick is Perceptive too, and he loves his wife. He saw that she was genuinely hurting from Armand being mad at her and he saw she felt bad about the haircut, so he just supported her, which is what a good husband does. Heehee, yes, they are still young and in love, so sex is good... lol. Armand was still keeping his distance from Katya so they were pretty safe from him coming in. XD

      Delete
  12. Oh, Katya. I understand you want to make friends and be a mother, but all that hustle and bustle over a haircut? Really? Oh dear. And to force something on Armand that he really doesn't want just so that she can be friends with another parent (who isn't a very nice woman, but the sound of her) who s worried about appearances? Geez. Life is so much more than that. I just hope that Katya can overcome this need to feel accepted by everyone. Sometimes it's not everyone who is important, but the few special someones in your life. I hope she figures that out before things get worse. She's making her relationship with Patrick and Armand deteriorate by trying to conform to what unimportant people think or believe.
    While Patrick and Katya have both ups and downs, that's normal. I just hope the downs don't out weigh the ups. Or do they already? Aaaahhh -_-
    Anyway, the fact that they are still in love and so passionate with each other gives me hope for them. Please, please work out!! I'm so wishy-washy with them. I want them to stay together, but once Katya does something to piss me off, I'm all like "ok, that's it. You need to go!" lol Great chapter. So much mystery, every corner I turn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? She picked a fight with Armand over the most petty of things. Yeah, it's definitely the few people that should be important, and not the random others who come into your life, especially not someone with a personality like Carisa. Katya has very screwed up priorities right now. Carisa has the exact opposite personality of Katya, she is confident to the point of arrogance, and she's very strong in her opinions. Katya is drawn to Carisa's confidence while failing to realize Carisa is not a good influence because she's not accepting of people unless they fit into the little box she has for them. LOL I don't really know if the downs have outweighed the ups, I haven't been counting. ;)
      They are still in love, Katya just needs to get over her ache for people to accept her. Not everyone is going to like everyone else in the world, ironically, Katya is so worried about the moms liking her, she's not working on the relationships that she should be working on, which are Patrick and Armand. LOL, that's a pretty normal response, I think someone told me that they want to hug Katya, but at the same time they want to slap her. LOL XD
      Thanks, this generation was influenced by the movie, The Prestige, so I tried to add a bunch of mystery in as many chapters as I could. :D
      Thank you for reading and commenting! <3

      Delete
  13. Armand is such a cutie! And though Katya was wrong on imposing that haircut on him, it does help showing his lovely face and pretty eyes more.

    It is surprising how mature and full of self awareness Katya's inner voice is, like we have the chance to witness in this chapter, when she can behave so foolish and childish. She is aware of her problems with her son, with her husband, but for some reason she can act in the way of solving her problems. Hum... Ain't we all a bit like her?

    I'm afraind Carisa is not a good influence for Katya, and I don't see them as good friends, at least that was not the impression from this conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks. Armand did turn out really well, that hair cut looks so bad on him, haha, but it is true that it does show his face more.

      Katya's the part of people that can't let go of bad habits. You know how you know that you do things you don't like, but then for some reason, it's like you can't shake the bad habit no matter how many times you tell yourself that you should? It's like that. LOL. So yeah, she knows what she should do, but then she lacks the motivation or drive probably, to act on her thoughts. She's also really stuck on wanting to please people, however, she's chosen the wrong people to try to please. She really should be focusing a little more on Armand and Patrick, instead of Carisa, but she wants a friend.

      Yeah, Carisa is definitely not a good influence on Katya, she's got so strong of a personality though, that Katya just gets buried underneath all Carisa's beliefs. Katya's such a weak personality that it's easy for the two of them to hang out, with Katya just being gullible to everything Carisa says and then letting Carisa influence her. She's definitely not a good friend. Not a good person really either. LOL.

      Thanks for the comments. :)

      Delete
  14. Secrets aren't good. I hope it's nothing bad. :(

    Katya has issues and she needs to work them out. Forcing him to get a hair cut to impress some woman. She just trampled all over Armand's wishes after she had a huge fight with Patrick about it. She is causing more harm than good with her parenting style. She is constantly putting her needs ahead of her sons and that relationship will suffer. :(

    I don't trust that Carisa woman. Not even a little, she seems like the type to take what Katya told her and use it against her later.

    Oh forgot to mention in the last chapter, I'm glad they are still trying to figure out what happened to cause Patrick's accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikayla's secret isn't anything bad, she just didn't want to tell her mother. Since I don't describe the secret in any more detail after this, I'll tell you, it's that Mikayla wanted to do ballet, but she was too scared to tell her mom because her mom wants her to be more involved in debate club. Her mom helicopter parented Mikayla, and so she confided in Armand because she wanted to tell someone.

      Katya has definite issues. She's a follower, and she wants friends, which are two things that make a bad combination. Katya has a teenager attitude where if she can gain a friend out of it, she's willing to throw people under the bus. Yeah, she's definitely causing more irritation to Armand with her parenting, but unfortunately, she sees it as good discipline... or rather, she's trying to tell herself it's good discipline.

      Carisa's a bitch. She's a woman who thinks she has it all together, who thinks she knows everything, and isn't afraid to tell people what to do. She's not influencing Katya in a good way.

      Yeah, Patrick and Emmanuel are very curious about that, they want to learn from it, so they don't have a repeat of it.

      Delete
  15. Oh boy! Katya needs to understand that these play dates are for the kids not the so called adults. That woman is a complete control freak and it sounds like Katya wants to be just like her. The kids are already keeping a secret and something tells me this is not a good one. It has to concern her mother as Armand is afraid Katya will tell her.
    None of this is good at all and I'm kind of scared to find out what is going to happen with this secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Katya needs to learn that she can't make friends by using her child. LOL. I don't see any harm in the parents on play dates having a little grown up time too. Yeah, it does seem like Katya wants to be just like Carisa, doesn't it? Katya just has some major issues in her self confidence when it comes to Armand, and she views Carisa as "having it all together" when it comes to Mikayla, so yeah, sadly, she is using Carisa as a role model, even though Carisa is a terrible one. The concern that Armand has that Katya will tell Carisa is just because he knows what the word promise means, and he cares about Mikayla, so he doesn't want to break his promise to her, and Armand also doesn't trust Katya... considering what happened to him just that morning with the haircut. Katya didn't listen to Patrick even though he said not to go through with the haircut if Armand said no. Naturally Armand doesn't trust his mother. He especially doesn't trust his mother with his friend's secret.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com