Thursday, May 8, 2014

Patrick Twelve: New Beginnings

Recovery is a difficult process. Since I had been in a coma for three months, the muscles in my arms and legs had essentially been asleep. Sitting up was difficult, at least the first time I did it. Standing up was out of the question, and I felt like an invalid for the first few days after I woke up. It took me a day and a lot of water to start speaking again since my throat was dry and my vocal chords were tired. Dr. King assigned me a physical therapist named Pierre to help me regain muscle movement. Pierre would come every day to help me, and seven days after I woke up, I was able to move around my room as long as I had something to grab onto. It felt good to be moving around, but I felt stupid because it was like I was a baby again, trying to learn how to walk. When Dr. King saw that I was no longer bedridden, she discharged me with a list of things to help me regain control of my life, and assigned Pierre to have a two hour session with me every day. In addition to exercise, Pierre also specialized in acupuncture, and he used that on me to stimulate my muscles so they would wake up faster, as well as a way to block the pain from my muscles waking up.


About a month had passed since I was released from the hospital, and I was doing much better. Katya had moved in with me, Pierre was still coming over everyday, and I felt significantly better than I had the first few days after I woke up. I no longer had to use the wall for support while walking, but I would still get tired if I exerted too much energy, or stood for too long. Dr. King had sent a wheelchair home with me as well so I could move around quickly if I needed to while I healed. Dad would take me for short walks, first just around the house, and then around the block. If I got tired, we just sat down in the grass and talked while I regained the energy to get up and finish the walk.


When I first woke up from my coma, I noticed Katya's pregnant belly, but couldn't show much enthusiasm for her other than smiling at her and giving her a hug and a kiss. Today, I had just finished my exercises with Pierre and headed into the kitchen to grab some refreshment. Katya was sitting in the kitchen with a bunch of brownies and pastries in front of her.


"What did you do, raid a small bakery?"

Katya glared at me while stuffing her face with a brownie.

"No, I just asked for a dessert variety platter. I'm super hungry. I guess this baby has a sweet tooth."

"Either that or his mother does."

I smiled at Katya, surprised at how much food she could eat in one sitting considering she had a fairly small frame. We had wanted to find out the gender of the baby beforehand, and found out it was a boy. In between bites, Katya paused to talk to me.


"How are you, Patrick? Physical therapy going well for you?"

"Yeah, I'm getting stronger, I still have another month of it before I have to go in and let Dr. King see if I'm better enough to not have to do it anymore. How are you, besides being hungry?"

"I'm fine, I guess, I'm a little scared of when I won't be able to see my feet, and need more assistance doing ordinary things. I don't want to be a burden to anyone, especially since I don't want to put a lot of pressure on you while you heal. I don't want you to have any setbacks because of me."

"I'm fine, Katya. I'm rebuilding my strength, besides Mom and Dad are here a lot now helping both of us out. My injuries from the fall are completely healed, I just need to wake my body back up to full capacity. Everything will be okay. We will be okay, all right? I'm going to go take a shower."

Katya nodded. I got up from the chair, walked around it, and pretended to fall a little, crouching on the ground as I did. I had a surprise for Katya and I hoped she'd be up for it. I made a noise letting her know I had 'fallen,' and she came over to me. Before she could give me her hand to help me up, I had fished around in my pocket for the little black box that I had picked up when Dad and I hung out the other day.


"Katya, before I met you, no girl had ever made me feel the way you do. I've enjoyed learning things from you, and spending time with you. Now we're living together, and you're having a kid with me. Katya Eliza Monroe, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, PATRICK! Yes! Yes, I will!"

Katya gave me a hug, and I pulled her as close to me as her stomach would allow to give her a kiss. She ran her fingers through my hair, and at that moment, I felt like nothing could go wrong.


Four months later, our son, Armand Decimus Hunt, joined our family. Katya found it hard to adjust to a crying baby the first night we brought him home. She was slightly paranoid to put him in his room since it was upstairs, and our room was downstairs, but she also didn't like being woken up in the middle of the night. I didn't blame her since she had just given birth, I can't even imagine how tired she must have been. I put on some sweats and took Armand out of our room so Katya could get some sleep.


"Shh, little Armand, it'll be okay. Mommy's sorry for yelling."

I reached the top of the stairs, and continued down the hallway to Armand's room, which was in the new addition I had attached to the upstairs part of my house, on the opposite side of the guest bedroom. By the time I entered his room, he was laughing and smiling. He raised his right arm up towards me, and made gurgling sounds as I put him in his crib so I could get some sleep. I smiled back at him, still in awe of how tiny he was.


I sat in Armand's room on a chair that looked like a magician's hat and looked around, while making sure he fell asleep before leaving the room. I wondered and hoped Katya would be okay, she seemed stressed out more than normal, but I figured it was just from all the wedding planning she had been doing. Katya had always wanted to get married, so she had an idea of what she wanted the big day to look like. Her mother was out of the picture, so my mom was helping her as sort of an assistant. My mom didn't have any experience with weddings, other than the time she modeled some high end designer wedding dresses for a commercial, but I knew she'd help Katya to the best of her ability.


My thoughts drifted from Katya and the upcoming wedding to my career. I wondered how me being out of the scene for almost a year would affect it. Up until the accident, I was making a name for myself in the magic industry. I knew no one would really forget who I was, they couldn't, simply because my parents were very famous, and I had noticed paparazzi outside the hospital when I was discharged. I began thinking about that night again and wondering how the rail had broken. It was a heavy duty, industrial sized track made of sturdy composition. The only thing I could think of was that someone had tampered with it somehow. I didn't think the theater would take something like that lightly, and I wasn't sure what all would happen regarding my weekly gig there. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to perform at that theater anymore after what happened.


The next morning, I had just finished getting out of the shower and was going to get dressed when I heard Katya scream from inside the closet. I walked in to see her standing in front of the mirror frantically looking at her reflection.

"Nothing fits! My jeans are too tight, and I can't wear these shorts! They won't zip, not even a little bit! Ugh! I hate this!"

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders to calm her down. She struggled a little bit before giving in and then she just stood there staring in the mirror.

"Shh... Katya, you're beautiful."

"Shut up. I'm fat, and I am frustrated that I have baby weight. My stomach is hanging over my waistbands, like a giant, fat, muffin. How am I going to teach surfing again? No one is going to want to have lessons from a flabby teacher."

"My mom works out a lot, she could help you with that too, as well as the wedding stuff."


"So you think I'm fat?"

"No, of course not, I just said if you want your clothes to fit again, you can work out with my mom."

"My clothes don't fit because I'm fat."

Katya wrenched herself out of my grasp and sat down on the floor out of frustration. I didn't feel like I could say anything to make her feel better, so I just stood there in silence. Just then, Armand's cries sounded over the baby monitor. I looked at Katya, and she continued to sit there, looking angrily at the waistband of her shorts that she couldn't zip. Since she wasn't making any motions to get Armand, I decided I would go tend to him.


"Hey, big guy, what's the matter, huh? I have some milk here, do you want that?"

Part of me wondered if Katya resented Armand at all, given what she was upset about. It was only the second day of us having Armand here, so I tried not to worry about it too much, as adjusting to a baby is difficult, and I was tired too.

"Daddy's hungry, Armand, do you want to come downstairs with me? Oh, of course you do, you have no choice, now do you?"


I ended up just putting Armand back in his crib when I saw him yawn, and going downstairs alone. I found Katya in the kitchen, cleaning off one of the counters.

"Katya, are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, somewhat. I still feel like my ass is huge since these maternity pants are the only pants I could fit into, but I called your mom and talked to her for a little bit about going to the gym. I'm sorry I snapped at you, it wasn't you I was mad at. I know that you weren't calling me fat. I love you, Patrick."

My eyes got big as I scooped another piece of pie into my mouth. I knew we loved each other, but that was the first time either of us had ever said it out loud, and it felt nice hearing it. Time flew by, and before I knew it, a year had passed, and Armand had turned into an energetic toddler. Katya had kept postponing the wedding date because she hadn't been losing weight as fast as she wanted to, and I was trying my best to be patient with her, but it was difficult sometimes. I didn't think she would look bad in her dress, but she insisted that she needed to be a size two before we could get married, which was the size she was when I met her. I figured that since the wedding day was mainly for the woman, I would appease her. Besides, I knew that she loved me and that she wasn't postponing the wedding for reasons other than her weight issues.


I spent many of my days with Armand, playing with him and trying to keep him out of Katya's hair while she was planning the wedding. On the nights I worked, I called Dad or Mom to babysit, just so Katya would have some extra help with him. Some days I wondered if Katya was suffering from postpartum depression because many times if I was home, she wouldn't tend to Armand if he cried. I supposed I should trust her more when she was alone with him, as if perhaps she just relied on me to take care of Armand while I was there, but if I wasn't, she'd be more willing? I had no idea, but I didn't want to risk Armand's well-being.

"Hey, Armand, do you want to come play with Daddy? Come here."

Armand looked up at me with his gorgeous ocean blue eyes and laughed, then made his way over to me. I hoped wholeheartedly that despite the problems Katya was having now, that we could be a happy little family someday.


36 comments:

  1. Katya, you will be fine, stop putting your wedding off after all do you love Patrick or not and lets face it he loves you no matter what. What a great baby....Love him yay so happy right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Katya is a worrier. She's extremely stressed out and she's letting it freak her out. You're right, she needs to just enjoy Patrick. She's got a wonderful little family right now, and she should appreciate it. Ikr? I love how Armand turned out! I was jumping for joy when I saw him turn into a toddler. ROFL. :)

      Delete
  2. the baby is so cute and i totally understand how katya feels. i wanted to lose some weight for my graduation this friday but i injured my ankle wednesday now i can't do zumba step. some girls are just sensitive about their weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee, I love Armand! I love his coloring. :)
      Awww, Katya appreciates your sympathy, she needs it. :)
      Dang, sorry about your ankle! Hope it heals soon. XD
      Haha, ain't that the truth, weight issues are a sensitive topic for lots of women. :)

      Delete
  3. Armand is so adorable! =) I'm glad Patrick was alright after the accident and that none of the injuries were permanent; hopefully his career will pick up eventually, too. Katya doesn't need to stress about her weight, it might take some time, but everything will be fine. Patrick is such a great father and hopefully soon Katya will help complete his picture perfect idea. Either way I'm excited to see what will happen next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee! Thanks! I love Armand, he turned out so perfect! Yeah, I love Patrick too much to give him permanent injuries or chronic side effects. :) For now, Patrick's working at the bar again while Armand's still small. It's giving him time to figure out where he wants to go with it later on. Yeah, you're right, Katya's being irrational right now, hopefully she'll be able to see that herself someday. Patrick is a fabulous father, isn't he? I love it. Haha. :)

      Delete
  4. Gosh I don't want them to have any problems, but I think they are. Armand is so cute. I just want to squish him with a hug. Um... Katya should really let loose a bit about the weight problem. I hope that Patrick is well enough for his career. I'm a bit worried about Katya though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, they're just going through a rough patch, as all couples do, especially when things are changing so quickly. Her moving in, Patrick being in the coma, her being pregnant, then having to adjust to a crying baby, it's just overwhelming.
      Armand turned out so cute, I love him! >.<
      LOL, Katya's a worrier, and she's always been skinny as a twig, the extra weight really is wreaking havoc on her self-esteem.
      Patrick is better for the most part, it's been a year now, he's got to get his family stuff figured out and then he can probably get back to his bigger gigs. XD

      Delete
  5. Armand's eyes!!!! He is SO CUTE!! I'm a little worried - Katya seems a little all over the place - has she actually had anything to do with the baby yet? I take it they won't be having any more kids!!! Did someone tamper with Patricks magic box??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Armand is super cute, I love how he turned out! :)
      Katya is having some body image issues and busying herself with other things. In game, she picked up Armand once, and didn't look happy about it. Patrick gets all the wishes to do stuff with Armand, buy stuff for him, and teach him stuff. Yup, there will be no more kids this generation. They didn't tamper with his box, they tampered with the rail under the stage. There's a trapdoor that opens, and in normal cases, the box should be lowered on a platform that rides along a rail, but the rail broke, so the box just dropped about six feet.

      Delete
  6. Armand is such an adorable baby - love his eyes! I'm not feeling the love for Katya, she seems to distant from her baby and Patrick. Why put off the wedding because of not losing all the weight you want? After having a baby she may never get to the size she was before. I hope there isn't something else holding her back and she's using the weight as an excuse. So glad Patrick recovered and hopefully he doesn't experience any more 'accidents' in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee! I love that Armand got Katya's eyes! He's so perfect. LOL.
      In the game, Patrick is the one who gets all the wishes for Armand, he always wants to pick him up and do things with him, but Katya, not so much. :/ The first night Armand cried, Katya yelled, and Patrick did the happy jump up and down. clapping his hands. It's wierd. Haha. It works well for my story line though because I want Patrick to be a good father. :)

      Katya is not using her weight problems as an excuse, she really does feel like she is fat and needs to be the size she was before she can get married. She is, however, blowing her weight issues out of proportion, and letting them become an irrational fear. Yeah, Patrick is better now and he'll be fine from now on. :)

      Delete
  7. AWE! HE'S SO ADORABLE!!! LOOK AT THOSE EYES!!! I'm going to have to steal that baby... ok not really. But he is adorable.

    I'm worried about Katya.... She doesn't handle things too well...
    I hope she doesn't let it ruin their little family :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I love Armand! He's so perfect. I agree, his eyes are just, mesmerizing... like his father. XD

      Katya's a worrier, it's funny you worry about her because she herself is worrying about everything, ROFL. Thank god she's seeing a therapist... she clearly needs it. LOL. She's overwhelmed at the moment, and needs to step back, take a deep breath, and appreciate the things in her life rather than pushing them away.

      Thanks for all your awesome comments, MandySaurus! :)

      Delete
  8. Hm. I don't like it when people fuss so much about their weight in general, but come on Katya- postponing a wedding for more than a year because you did not get your pre- birth weight back? That sounds like a serious obsession to me. Hope she will get a grip :o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya has always been a tiny twig of a girl, LOL, and her job as a surfing instructor, as well as living by the beach has made her weight issues more of a problem than they should be. Her postponing the wedding because of them is completely irrational. She does love Patrick, but she needs to love herself and allow herself to move on with Patrick. If she would just talk to him, that would do wonders. LOL.

      Delete
  9. errr, someone should be paying closer attention to Katya. Has she ever even held the baby? hmmm...and Armand Decimus is like the best name I've ever heard!! Such a cute baby. Whose eyes did he inherit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the game, Katya picked up Armand once. ONCE. Patrick gets all the wishes to do stuff with Armand, buy him stuff, pick him up, teach him stuff. While I was building Armand's room, Armand started crying so I went to them, and got that picture where Katya is screaming, but Patrick clapped his hands and jumped up and down. It was strange, but it works for my story line, I wanted Patrick to be a good father LOL. Katya's a bit of a loner, she needs to open up and talk to Patrick.
      Haha, thank you, I love his name. :D It's really easy for me to name boys LOL.
      He inherited Katya's eye color, but he has the default replacer eyes, while Katya has costume makeup contacts.

      Delete
  10. I'm happy that Patrick is doing a lot better and he's able to walk around again. I hope he doesn't stop doing his magic stuff though, he seems to love it so much >_<
    Armand is so cute! He got the best attributes from both parents, the memorable pink/black hair from daddy and the beautiful blue eyes from mommy, so perfect!
    Katya, shut up. LOL everyone gains weight, especIALLY after being pregnant. Who does she thinks she is? Hahaha I hope she gets out of this phase and starts being a more responsible mother to Armand instead of ignoring him all the time when Patrick's around :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayee, Patrick is healed. He's thinking about his magic a lot because he does love it, and he's going to find a way to do it again. Right now he is taking small bar jobs like he did before his theater days, trying to adjust to having Armand around, and how to deal with Katya.
      Ikr? I agree, Armand got the perfect mix. I love him so much! :) He's going to make a wonderful little heir. <3
      LMAO. Yes Katya. Please. Stfu. She probably thinks she is a shape shifter, who can change shapes at will. ROFL. In all seriousness, though, she needs to do a lot more exercising if she's that freaked out about it. Put the work in and you'll get the results. Duh. LOLL. If she doesn't start interacting with Armand soon, she might lose her chance to be important in his eyes...

      Delete
  11. I do not like where this is going with Katya and Armand. She needs to get better so she can love her baby and herself. She's so perfect and frustrating! Lol. And Armand is the cutest thing ever, love that he got her eyes.
    Really hope Patrick figures out what really happened behind the accident and gets things with Katya fixed. Also getting super irritated cause Katya keeps autocorrecting to Marta on my phone lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Katya needs to pull her head out of her ass right now, and step up and help Patrick! LOL. Aww I'm happy you like Armand, I was so happy when I saw how he looked. Yeah! Her eyes look amazing on Armand! :)
      Patrick may or may not pursue what happened, it all depends on if he feels like it will be a problem for his career in the future, or if his curiosity gets the best of him. Two years have passed already since the accident so it might just be a closed case as far as any police are concerned. Right now Armand is his priority and getting Katya sorted out. LOL, Marta? Phones are so strange sometimes. XD

      Delete
  12. Grinning from ear to ear. Armand is freakin adorable! Katya, quit saying your fat *Smacks Katya* Just be happy you have a great and sexy man that loves you and a healthy baby. Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yay! Thanks. :D
      Hahaha, Katya's being a wierdo, LOL, she's terrible at seeing what's in front of her, or at least terrible at dealing with life instead of complaining about it. I love how Armand turned out. He's so adorable. >_<

      Delete
  13. Armand is abso-freakin-lutely adorable! *hugs Armand*

    Glad to see that Patrick is healing well and was happy to find out he was going to be a father. Katya seems to be obsessed with getting back to her pre-pregnancy weight. It's a fine goal, but it's not worth postponing your wedding. Her priorities seem a little out of whack. I hate thinking she may have postpartum depression because that's rough. I want her to be able to enjoy this precious time with Armand and Patrick. Babies grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? I love Armand. :D He's going to make a great heir.

      There's still a ways to go with Patrick's generation, so I wanted him to be better, and get back to his life. I agree, Katya's being ridiculous, but sadly, postpartum depression is a real thing. We'll just have to see if she pulls through it before it's too late.

      Delete
  14. Patrick may be moving slowly but he's still hot xD lol but it sucks having to slow down when you're not exactly old yet but Patrick will get back to where he was before, I have faith in him. Finally, he popped the big question! :) Armand...There you go again with your amazing name choices *jealous* I honestly feel so bad for finding Patrick so attractive but then again he's a sim so he'll never know how awkward that is lol. I have a strange feeling Katya might go insane or something, I hope I'm wrong though and it's all just stress because of the big changes she's experiencing and her wedding planning. I swear Katya reminds me of myself o.O I hope she doesn't let her "weight" issues get out of hand...She's beautiful the way she is and she's not even fat lol . I used to call myself fat all the time... and eventually I ended up in the hospital twice and was forced to eat :/ ...the sooner she snaps out of it, the better off she'll be. I hate to judge to quickly but it seems like Patrick is always interacting with Armand...I don't know. Katya finally said she loved him :) But I'm honestly concerned for her...I fear this might end up like Helena and Dustin's relationship... but that would be horrible so I hope not lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, he is hot, and he will recover a hundred percent with no complications. XD Haha, he hadn't had a lot of time with Katya before his fall, so it doesn't seem like that long for them, as far as time lapses between starting to date and proposing.

      LOL, thank you. XD I was watching Jack the Giant Slayer, and one of the character's names was Elmont, and I thought they were saying Armont, LOL, but then I changed it to Armand.

      Aww, it's okay, you don't have to feel bad for finding Patrick so hot, I'm glad that you do. I've made a lot of celebrity Sims, and I am always drooling over them, so no worries there. LOL, hell, I made my Sims hot so that people WOULD drool over them. ROFL.

      Hahaha, Katya seems a bit off her rocker in this chapter, with her thinking she's fat, and ignoring Armand, I'm not surprised you think she might go crazy. XD Yeah, her "fat" is all in her head. O_O Well, I'm glad you ended up okay from that ordeal of not eating.

      LOL, it's okay... because it's the truth, Patrick is always tending to Armand. O_O

      Haha, Katya's at least not controlling like Helena was.. >_< crazy Helena. LOL.

      Delete
  15. I'm SO glad Patrick is doing better. The way he decided to pop the question is too funny. haha I'd be worried and probably (gently) hit him once I realized he was faking it. lol geeez. Katya has me worried with the way she has been acting since little Armand's birth. I hope she can snap out of it. Who cares about her weight gain? Obviously not Patrick. And just wear a top that covers your stomach if it really bothers you. Come on now, woman. haha And, aww Armand is such a cutie! I love how Patrick is such a great father already. Melts my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick is young and his body bounced back since his major injuries all got healed already. He's a lucky man. LOL I'm glad you liked the proposal, I didn't want to go cliche, with the big fancy restaurant and the ring in the food. XD IKR? No one, literally no one, cares about her weight gain... except her. She's being dumb and thinking it'll go away with the snap of a finger. She just needs to realize it'll be there for a little bit and then she can work on getting her figure back. She's been a surfing instructor for so long in Hollywood, so she's really concerned about her body image. Not that she's right, because she's certainly being unrealistic. She could just take a hiatus from her job and lose the weight, and she'll be fine, she just has her head up her ass about that topic. LOL.
      Armand turned out so great! Heehe, yeah Patrick is awesome. :D

      Delete
  16. I have a confession -- I started reading this chapter a few weeks ago, but could not go through.
    I would have stopped at the first sentence, but decided to be brave and venture on.
    I realize it is difficult for me not only writing about somethings, but reading about them too.

    A decade ago, I had an accident. "Recovery is a difficult process." This sentence, and the description of Patrick's therapy, was too much for me in a moment when I felt different things were overbearing.

    But hey, here I am, past this chapter.
    I'm glad Patrick has fully recovered. I never have -- though the sequels are little and hardly noticeable for anyone but me and my closest friends. Like him, I worried about my profession during the time I had to dedicate full time to rehabilitation -- and I wonder how it's going to be for him. I never did go back to my former metier, and found instead new professional activity.

    Armand -- I do love that name :)
    It's heartwarming to see Patrick tending his son -- that sequence of pics is really lovely --, at the same time that it is a bit disconcerting to see Katya's reaction to becoming a mother. Of course we cannot know how deep or lasting this is, since we have only heard Patrick's perspective, but you haven't shown a single picture/ occasion when she gets close to the baby, tends him, nests him. Rather worrying.

    I'm wondering if her trouble in losing weight is hormonal, since it shouldn't be so hard for such a young woman who is also an athlete. Or is it a problem of self-image only? Because then she'll always have trouble in going back to her self before becoming a mother -- and she never shall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Andante... Thank you for sharing that part about your life, I'm sincerely sorry you had to go through something like that. I'm glad you are mostly all right. *applauds your strength to come back and get through the chapter* :)

      Patrick is worried about his job because it is his passion, and he is grateful that he has recovered fully, but things still change somewhat even when a person gets past recovery completely. Here's hoping for Patrick's sake that he does get to go back to his magic.

      LOL yeah, I had noticed we both used the name Armand in our stories. I got the name from the Jack the Giant Slayer movie, when I misinterpreted the character Elmond's name. XD I thought it was Armand, and realized I didn't like the sound of Elmond, so it became Armand instead. Aww, thanks, heehee, Patrick really thinks Armand is a cutie pie, and he loves him dearly. The first night after Armand was born, that was Katya's in game reaction, that picture I put in the chapter, Armand cried, Katya screamed, and Patrick clapped his hands together towards Armand. LOL. On free will, Katya never goes to get Armand when he's crying, it's always Patrick. So, how she initially reacted gave me the idea for her story line.

      Her weight problems are primarily because of her wanting things to happen instantly and yet she hasn't put any effort in so far to lose the weight. She's always been a really skinny girl, so seeing herself not be that way for the first time in her life is disconcerting to her. Her reaction to losing weight, is amplified by leftover pregnancy hormones, yes. The scene in the closet was designed to make readers question whether Katya resents Armand and blames him for her problems, or... if she's just having first time mother jitters.

      Delete
  17. The proposal was so sweet. It sucks Katya is having so many issues, but it's very true to life. Some women obsess over losing the weight and have all those left over emotions. Patrick is doing well trying to keep her appeased and saying all the right things. I do worry that she's not bonding with Armand. It feels like Patrick is doing all the care for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, leave it up to Patrick to use his rehab in his proposal. LOL. Yeah, Katya is having a lot of problems right now. Katya's always been a very skinny girl, so any amount of weight gain is foreign to her. She isn't used to it, and she also doesn't know how to deal with it. She doesn't have a friend she can talk to about it, Ephemera had been talking to her when they lived together, but Katya's a loner so they've been talking a little less, plus Ephemera doesn't know what it's like to have a kid, so there's that too. Katya's sort of suffering alone. Patrick is trying as much as he can because he loves her but there's only so much he can do, and he knows that. Katya's definitely not bonding with Armand at all. In game, it was crazy too, Patrick would always go straight to Armand while Katya just either took forever, or had a scowl on her face.

      Delete
  18. Congrats on the baby and Armand is simply adorable. I was thinking that this is post partum depression that Katya is going thtough but shouldn't it have passed by now? I'm kind of worried that it didn't. I do hope that she clears up these issues with the weight gain and marries Patrick really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. :D I love Armand. He was such a cute little baby.
      It did look like post partum depression, and it might be a little bit of that, I don't know how long it normally takes for that stuff to go away, but for Katya, it seems like it's sticking around for longer than necessary... Yeah, Patrick's right there with you, he wants to marry her, he loves her and so yeah. LOL.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com