Friday, October 10, 2014

Armand Premiere: Unanswered Questions

Nudity, FYI



Her legs were soft, smooth, and silky, I thought, as I ran my hand up her thigh to her well-toned ass, grabbing a hold of it and massaging it carefully. She moaned in pleasure and grabbed fistfuls of my hair in her hands, while I nibbled on her earlobe, making sure that my teeth didn't grab onto the small studded earrings she was wearing. A hint of peach fragrance poked through the overwhelming smell of vodka that enveloped us, causing me to bury my face in her hair which was the source of the peach scent. I felt her pepper kisses along my jawline, and then I moved my face up to meet hers, pressing my lips against hers, which she parted willingly and hungrily. Her right hand moved from my hair to my back, and then to the hem of my shirt, which she tugged upwards. I got the hint and briefly removed my hands from her, raising my arms up so she could continue removing my shirt. No sooner had my shirt hit the floor, then I was taking off her top and bra. She had such nice tits, they were perfectly round, sitting firmly on her chest, nipples erect as if they were standing at attention and ready for some action. Her hands were running all over my body as I was staring at her, and she teased me by lifting her skirt up to reveal her panties, which I could clearly see, even through her pantyhose.


Just as I was about to go for the waistband of her panties, she stopped my hand, took her hair down, and went for my pants, kneeling down as she undid the zipper and belt. I was getting so hot once I figured out what she was doing, and patiently stood there as she pulled the front of my jeans open roughly and took me into her mouth. Her warm breath made me tingle all over, and as she slid her mouth up and down, I was finding that it was becoming increasingly difficult to stand.


When she came back up, I searched around in my pocket for the condom I had brought with me, then dropped my pants on the floor. She touched my chest as I put the condom on, and when I was finished with that, I placed her on the bed, removing the rest of her clothes. She spread her legs voluntarily and I could see the lust in her blue eyes. Putting my hands on her bed, I positioned myself in just the right spot, touching her softly, teasing her with my proximity before I entered. She had the pillow case in her left hand, grabbing it each time I thrust into her, and I could tell I was driving her crazy.


I was not in love with her by any means, but she had been talking and flirting with me all night, so we decided to have some fun together. In all honesty, I didn't want anything other than meaningless sex, I had seen my dad go through a horrible marriage and all of that relationship stuff just didn't seem appealing to me. I kept most people at arms length and I made sure that people I slept with knew that they shouldn't expect serious from me. It's true that some will argue intimacy is a form of being serious, but I only see it as sex, and I don't get attached to someone just because I've seen them naked. Tonight was no exception, I had gone to a party at one of the sororities, and this girl, Reese, a blonde, had been talking to me all night, mostly about nothing since she was drunk. I had been standing at the counter drinking some jello shots when she had come over and said hi. I hadn't minded that she was there with me for most of the night, since I had come alone because some random girl in my class said she was having a party tonight, and she needed some hot guys to populate the area. I really enjoyed parties, even if I didn't have anyone to bring, I just liked the atmosphere, being able to remain anonymous if I wanted to, with the ability to disappear into the crowd if someone was bugging me.


Usually, sex with an extremely drunk girl would result in the girl passing out and falling asleep almost immediately afterwards. It worked perfectly for me because of my not wanting to be serious with anyone, and it gave me the chance to grab my clothes and go home without much hassle. After cleaning up a little in the bathroom, I collected my clothing off the floor and got dressed. As I stepped outside into the morning air, I was hit by a blanket of humidity. Luckily it was cool, somewhat, and the temperature actually felt like what it read on my phone, which was 74 degrees. Normally, in Louisiana, what it felt like was always hotter than what it actually was, by about four or five degrees. I much preferred being outside at night rather than the day because the sun always beat down on me and made me feel so warm, often times too warm. The weather was one thing I loved and missed about California, but my decision to move had nothing to do with not liking the location and everything to do with the memories I had there.


Shortly after I turned eighteen and graduated from high school, my dad and I were discussing what I wanted to do with my life. I admitted to him that I felt somewhat lost because I had interests and hobbies, but I didn't feel like I was good enough to pursue them. Despite my dad's constant support for my singing and art skills throughout my childhood and teen years, it was my mom's words that affected me the most. Sometimes my mom would scream at me if I was singing along to something, which may have caused me to equate my singing to noise, even though my dad always told me he thought I had an ear for music. She always did it when my dad wasn't home, but I think he knew anyway that she wasn't supportive of me. I consistently felt like a failure in her eyes, and I spent a lot of my childhood torn between hating her and wanting her approval. She wasn't always like that, however, because I remember a day when she had genuinely smiled at me. I had apologized to her after a really big fight we had at Disney World and given her the picture of Cinderella and I that was the source of our argument. She had taken the picture, smiled at me, and given me a hug afterwards. Things between my mom and me got better after that, but when my dad started working at the office, things took a turn for the worst.


My mom was happier, but my dad was sadder. They started fighting a lot and she became increasingly more irritable with me as well as him. It would usually start with my mom being excited to see my dad, my dad being sad about everything, and then my mom would yell at him because he was sad. I felt bad for my dad more than I did for my mom. He always used to have such a sparkle in his eyes before the office job, but after, he would come home and plop down on the couch, staring into the distance. I never knew what he was looking at, but I would always imagine he was trying to see something that would make him happy. I tried to stand up for my dad, and one day after my dad had been moping around for a month, I told my mom that he wasn't happy and I thought maybe the office was making him sad. That's when the rocky relationship turned into much more than just not getting along. It started turning into hatred. I started feeling like my mom never wanted me around her, as if the mere sight of me disgusted her, so I kept to myself. I used to want to watch a movie with my mom or play a game with her, but after she found out I was on my dad's side, I guess, that was the start of her calling me stupid, and I found it easy to ignore her. It wasn't like I particularly enjoyed her company, either.


I would hang out in the multi-purpose room that had a treadmill and my easel, and just paint and sing along to my music.  I wondered if my dad started not to like her as well because sometimes after they fought, he would come upstairs and sit on the couch in the room where I was painting. He would just stare out the window, and those were the times I felt he was sad and looking for something he was so desperately missing. The house I grew up in felt empty, and the only times I felt comfortable in it were when I knew my dad was home. When it was just my mom and I, I always felt afraid that I would say something wrong or do just the right thing that would piss her off and she would yell at me. I don't think I was old enough to know she had a drinking problem, but I knew something wasn't right with her. When she stormed out of the house the day she died after screaming at me about cake, I had no idea that was the last conversation we would ever have. I know for a fact that the way my mom treated me had a great effect on how I look at relationships as an adult. I don't want to have a relationship because I don't want to end up like my parents. I don't want to feel like a prisoner in my own home, unable to do anything that I want because I'll feel guilty if it makes the other person upset.


I hated how my mom would treat my dad, and the way she would look at him, with disdain and disappointment in her eyes, as if everything he did pissed her off. I had no desire or need for that kind of shit in my life. Later after my mom died, my dad started his magic act again, and he's doing well for himself, finally. I never understood why my mom couldn't just be happy for my dad. It seemed like she always wanted him to feel like shit, so whenever he was happy, she tried to sabotage it somehow. I don't know if that was true, but that is how it looked from my point of view as a child. I have always been proud of my dad and how he held strong for me even when he was miserable. He made time for me, and made sure I knew I was loved, at least by him. He tried to tell me that my mom didn't hate me, but I don't know that I ever believed him. Of course I wanted his words to be true, but every time she would act a certain way towards me, I just couldn't see how someone who treated me that badly could actually love me.


After a ten minute walk, I finally made it home to my dorm. I went into my room and softly shut the door behind me, plopping myself face down onto my bed. Ugh. I liked parties, and I had a lot of energy while I was at the party, but every time I came back to my room, that was when I realized how tired I actually was. I knew I was on the verge of passing out, so I quickly changed into my pajamas and crawled under the covers. Before I knew it, the alarm clock rang on my nightstand next to me. Even though I was still sleepy, I had this annoying quirk where when I heard my alarm clock, it was hard for me to go back to bed, so I ended up just rubbing my eyes and turning the clock off.


I wondered if I had developed the quirk of how I couldn't go back to sleep because of how often I had heard my parents screaming at each other after I had gone to bed, like I thought something bad was going to happen if I didn't keep myself somewhat alert even if I was asleep. I rolled over groggily and swung my feet over the side of the bed, yawning as I did. I dressed myself in a towel since the dorm had communal showers, and there really wasn't a place to put clothes without worrying they were going to be stolen, so I simply didn't take clothes into the bathroom with me. I took a shower about ten minutes long, washing all the smells of the previous night's party away with my soapy hands. When I was done, I went to the sink and put some gel in my hair to give it the tousled look that I always preferred.


I took all my shower supplies back to my room and put some clothes on, wondering what I should do today since it was Saturday. I turned my back to my dresser and looked around my room. I had picked a single room with a double bed and generous space, not really wanting to actually share my room with anyone. Luckily my dad was rich so he had no problems paying extra to get me a single room. I stared at my easel and guitar, and it brought a smile to my face because those were the two things I brought with me that were actually good memories of home. When I had just started school as a kid, my dad bought me an easel for my fifth birthday and taught me how to paint. Before then, I had colored a lot in various coloring books and I really liked to draw and be artistic. The guitar was my high school graduation gift and I'll always remember what my dad said to me when he gave it to me, 'Armand, you make me proud. This guitar is for you to practice your singing because I know you love it and I always want you to be able to do what you love. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.' I liked what he said because the advice I had given him when I was a teenager had stuck. In a way he was giving my own advice back to me, but the fact that it had stuck in his mind just made me feel like my dad always took what I said to heart, and he made me feel like I mattered, even if he didn't agree with me.


I decided to play my guitar for a little bit, as it would kill two birds with one stone. I was a Fine Arts major, and raising my guitar skill actually contributed towards my grade. That was one of the things I loved about my major, that natural skills I already had would help me do well in school, so I could do what I loved while I was here. Of course, I still had some wierd classes that the school deemed required that I thought were unnecessary, this semester it was The Culture of Herbology 102, but I felt like I was more willing to go to them because I was still able to do what I loved for my other classes. Tests and homework sucked of course, but you can't win them all. So far I had been enjoying my time at college, and I hoped I would continue to as time went on. I had been playing the guitar since I was fourteen, and I was glad that I no longer had to hide it like I did at that time. I used to play in the living room of my house, but after my mom came and yelled at me for making noise because she was reading, I had taken to playing outside, in the front of the house between the front door and the gate. Sometimes when my dad would come home from work, he would go inside and change, then come back and watch me play. Of course, then Mom would come out eventually and yell at my dad for ignoring her.


My fingers danced across the neck of the guitar as I played the notes, and the song got much harder sounding, matching my rising anger, as I thought of the memories of my mom yelling at Dad for dilly-dallying around instead of getting dinner ready. My mom couldn't cook, and she never tried to learn, so my dad was often the one who made dinner for us. He was a great cook, and I admired his abilities. Any time my dad tried to spend time with me, he would get in trouble, and sometimes I wondered if my mom had wished I had never been born, as if she was somehow competing with me for my dad's attention. I don't know what all had happened with them regarding me, like had I been an unwanted child? Did they get married just because she got pregnant? I obviously felt like my dad wanted me and his love for me was genuine, but my mom was an entirely different case. Other times I wondered if my mom hated me because I supported my dad when she didn't, so she felt all alone or something. Maybe she was just jealous of me and Dad, and maybe she wished she could have that with me. I'll never know now. There are so many questions I wish I could ask her as an adult that I'll never get to, and it makes me angry. Her death left me feeling incomplete about some parts of my life, and I don't think I'll ever forgive her for that.


29 comments:

  1. Well hello, Armand!!!! I think I'll just stare for a while. . .

    It was interesting hearing from his point of view how things happened in their house; how Katya treated Patrick, how she treated him, and how he felt about it.

    It's sad that he doesn't want to open himself up to people but it's completely understandable. He witnessed a dysfunctional relationship and it's affected how he looks at them.

    The more he talked about Katya and how she treated him the more I wanted to hug him. Poor guy! She was so incredibly mean, unloving, and uncaring to him and for no real reason. I wonder if he's right, that she didn't want to have him and that she regretted that he was born because he took Patrick's attention away from her.

    I'm glad he's pursuing his dreams! He seems to be a very creative person.

    Awesome beginning! Looking forward to getting to know him better! *flirts and waves at Armand* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He turned out drop dead gorgeous. *drools* I love just following him around when I play with him. XD Sometimes he'll turn towards the camera and smile and I die.

      Armand unfortunately had to witness some unpleasant things growing up, and because Katya never let up on either him or Patrick, the unpleasantness is just like ingrained into his being. He's still young so maybe he'll change his mind about opening up to people, but for now since he just left his house not too long ago, all of those wounds are pretty fresh in his mind.

      IKR? She was mean for no apparent reason, and from his eyes, it's like, there's no other conclusion he can come up with. It's either he's a terrible person, or she didn't really want him. Sadly, he struggles with both of those thoughts, even though deep down he knows he's not bad, cause Patrick told him he wasn't. I don't even know if Patrick knows why Katya was so mean to Armand, so he might not even get answers from Patrick, who would be willing to share if he did know. *sigh* Stupid Katya. LOL!

      Armand rolled all artsy traits, LOL, Artistic and Virtuoso being the top two that shape his personality, and his interests. He does love being creative and making things, even if it's not painting or music, he enjoys using his imagination, because he had to a lot as a child, given all the time he spent by himself when Katya was telling him to go away. In a sense, something good came out of that because he had to learn how to entertain himself.

      Thank you, haha, I'm enjoying starting a new generation. It's always so fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, sandy, Hello Armand, indeed.. Mmph.. *stares at him for way longer than I should*
    I really like his personality, the non-caring punk young adult. It's such an awesome route. I'm really glad you chose Armand to be this way, because it fits him perfectly.
    The disinterest in his lover in the beginning reminded me of my own Jason, the just "doing it for sex", but I do know where his feelings lie, and it's I feel he still needs the deeper connection with a certain someone in order for him to get out of his rebelious funk. Well, maybe it's not a funk, per say.. But either way, I feel like an emotionless relationship speaks loud for a character, and I'm very eager to see how this revel falls in love.. IF love is even a factor XD

    "but I would always imagine he was trying to see something that would make him happy."
    That line actually made me stop for a moment.. LOL Even though Armand is gen3 chap 1, I still don't think I'm over Patrick, so this line hit me hard.. Really, actually, everything he said about his father made me catch the frog in my throat. That's one thing I'll never get used to... Seeing the new heir take over, while describing the past one that hurt the current one so much.. You did that wonderfully.. Kudos, really. <3
    OMG when Armand was describing Pat just sitting in the room with him, looking out the window in a lost gaze.. I honestly just pictured Armand throwing his paintings around and splashing paint around just to make him laugh or happy.. LOL idk why? Again, maybe I still want to see Patrick happy.. But, anyways..
    Is it weird that just the back of his head with his pink hair all sexy like makes me like him like, A LOT? LOLL
    Aww, the guitar was a gift? T_T Patrick knows already that Armand has such talent running through his veins that I get weak from their bond.. LOL Armand had faith in his father's career, just as much as Pat has faith in his son's, and that warms my heart like you don't even realize.. XD
    *even though Armand mentioned his mom, ignores it completely* BAAHAHAHAH
    I do have to say that I really hate that Armand blames himself for some of the things involving Ktyarfbajfa..What was her name again? LOLL That fucking.. UGHH.. She put so many, TOO many, bad thoughts into that pour childs mind where now as a man, he thinks he's not worthy of such things.. Sigh..
    I really hope Armand gets passed this.. He's better than this, and I know it. He deserves the best, too, and if he can't find it for himself, then..... *shoves an endless amount of love in his face*
    LOLL
    Great beginning! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *slaps blogger* I corrected a lot of my mistakes, but apparently some still remained..
      I meant:
      "but I do know where his feelings lie, and it's *AS IF* I feel he still.."
      And then I typed 'revel' instead of rebel, so.. LOL. Just add these corrections in as you read this comment XD

      Delete
    2. Aww, haha, it's okay. I'll keep your corrections in mind, no worries. :D

      Yes, he is super handsome isn't he? Ugh. *fans self* Awww Jason, T_T. I miss Jason, LOL. Ahaha, empty sex, it's something a lot of people do, for many different reasons. In Armand's case, he is trying to protect himself from falling into a terrible relationship like Patrick had. He believes, for now anyway, that keeping his distance from people is the only way for him to not get hurt. He's still young, so his thoughts might change as he experiences more of his life.

      T_T Thanks so much. When I was writing all that about Patrick and seeing it through Armand's eyes, which I had never done before, Patrick seemed so sad and empty. *cries* I do understand that whole bittersweet feeling that happens with the transition of a generation, LOL, I'm going through a little bit of that myself. I have plans for Patrick to show up a little in Generation 3, much like I had Maximus show up in Generation 2, so hopefully that will cure some of your Patrick withdrawal. Heh, it makes sense that you'd want to see Patrick happy, I think subconsciously it's just something we as humans want, that happy ending, LOL, and it also sounds like something Armand would do. This father and son are super close, which is one good thing that came out of Katya pushing Armand and Patrick away.

      LOL, nah it's not wierd. When the guy is hot, all parts of him are hot, even the back of his head. XD I've often thought that about your heirs too, like I'll see the tip of their nose or something, and be like falling all over myself drooling.

      Yup! The guitar was a graduation gift. :D Patrick saw how much Armand liked to sing, and play with Patrick's guitar when he was growing up, but he also saw how much Katya yelled at him for singing, and he hated that. Patrick also knows how it hurt Armand that Katya kept stifling his hobbies. He thought it'd be a perfect idea to get Armand his own guitar so that he could finally play it without being judged. Aww, I really love how you put that whole thing about them having faith in each other's careers. T_T I'm glad that part touched you so much, I really wanted to show how close Armand is to Patrick because I love their relationship so much.

      LOL! Stupid Katya.... *slaps her repeatedly*
      IKR? There was like one good incident out of his entire childhood that he remembers. Really? Just one? Like how terrible of a person was she? LOL. She had a way of leaving a trail of guilt behind her, she made Patrick feel guilty at her funeral, and now Armand feels guilty about random shit, and she's not even here anymore! *sigh* She really stabbed his self confidence, and self esteem hard.

      Armand struggles daily with thinking he's not worthy, but at the same time, he still tries to prove to himself that he is. I think he'll get past it, it'll just take some time, and it'll probably never truly go away, maybe it'll just be a dull pain later on or something LOL.

      Thank you for reading and commenting. :D

      Delete
  3. armand looks so different as an adult. i can't tell if he looks like patrick or katya or both. by the way i saw the theme you chose for armand and i was like wow. i seen the old version of rosemary's baby and the modern one. i don't know how you going work that theme with armand since he is a boy and the movies were about a girl. so good luck with that because that's a hard theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D People grow up and sometimes they really change, depending on the style they pick probably. XD As far as I can tell, Armand got Patrick's eye shape, and hair color, Katya's eye color, skin tone, nose, mouth, body type, and face shape. I think he's a decent mix of both Patrick and Katya, despite him getting a majority of full body features from Katya, it's his eyes that make it a mix.

      I have seen the new version of Rosemary's Baby, and I liked the creepiness of the movie. Of course, you know, when I pick a theme, it doesn't mean I'm going to copy the movie's story line, it's more of an adaptation, with certain recognizable events or traits from the movie influence. Thanks for the well wishes, I do agree, it is a hard theme and I am looking forward to the challenge.

      Delete
  4. Well, Armand really looks a lot more different than I thought. Haha.
    His personality made me feel slightly depressed throughout the chapter, but since Katya didn't give him very many happy memories, I don't blame him.
    Awesome premiere!
    *Slaps blogger again*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think that with Patrick, I kept his look as a teenager the same, but with Armand I changed a lot of things with his hair, and giving him a beard. It really changed his look dramatically from when he was a teenager.

      Well, LOL, Armand is kind of depressed in general, deep down, but he tries to go throughout life as best he can. I also introduced him based off of how his parents influenced him, and like you said, Katya gave him plenty of shitty memories, which unfortunately stuck in his head a lot more than the good ones. He's got a long road ahead of him and hopefully he will not let Katya's mean words influence him for the rest of his life.

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  5. Ive done a big read and caught up tonight :)
    Yes Armand is so cute - I love the way you kept his face hidden to the very end.
    It is really sad that Katya has affected him so much - but then I expected that she would.
    he seems like an interesting character :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again, Julie! Good to see you again. :) I need to catch up on your story. XD Thanks for taking the time to read mine.

      Heehee, I don't think I'll ever get tired of hiding the new heir's face till the end. XD
      Yes, haha, it's sad, but it shapes Armand's personality at the same time, so it gives me something to write and make him a more interesting person. Glad you like him! :)

      Delete
  6. Armand's point of view of his childhood is both insightful and sad. My heart went out to him when he said "The house I grew up in felt empty, and the only times I felt comfortable in it were when I knew my dad was home." I couldn't help but wonder what Katya did to him to make him feel like that. Too bad the memories out weigh the good ones and he's left with so many unanswered questions as to why Katya never liked him. I can see why he felt like she hated him or might have been jealous of him because of Patrick. Armand had a better understanding of his father than she ever did and a better relationship too. Now his past is effecting his life now and how he can't or won't let anyone get close to him. Can't wait to see where his life takes him. He's gorgeous too! Love his eyes - the only good thing he got from his mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh huh, he didn't have a happy childhood, but as an adult, he's trying to make the most of his life. Katya was closed minded when it came to Patrick, and she let fear get in the way of what could have been a great marriage and family life. In her quest to keep Patrick safe, she alienated him and Armand. Katya just made Armand feel unwelcome in his own home. When he would come home from school, she would get mad if he was in the same room with her, instead of giving him a hug and spending any time with him. Any time he showed interest in something and wanted her to participate, she told him he was bothering her. If Patrick was at work or out with Emmanuel and Katya wanted to go out with Carisa, she would dump Armand with Carisa's husband and Mikayla as if he was just some piece of baggage for check-in. Those are some of the things she did to him that caused him to feel this way.

      He doesn't like women very much because of how he saw Katya treating Patrick. He has an okay time getting to know men, but he kind of keeps to himself a lot. He'll probably still be not as open with anyone that he gets to know, but he'll definitely have a harder time opening up to women because he doesn't want a repeat of how he felt growing up.

      Aww thanks. LOL, he is really hot, this generation will be fun. :) Very well said, LOL, Katya really was only good for her looks. ;)

      Delete
  7. Holy shit, Batman! Okay, listen, so I was reading all this and halfway through I was like, wait a second...I just read a sex scene and still don't know what this kid looks like.

    So, here I am, reading, getting frustrated cuz I wants to see his face and then BAM! There he is in all his mother-effing hot ass glory.

    Excuse my language but I was NOT expecting this. Nope, not one bit. Again I say to you: Holy shit!

    ahem...now, on to the actual writing portion.

    It's crazy how a child can be so effected by the decisions their parents make. Decisions that usually have nothing to do with the kid. Armand had it rough and I don't envy him any of it. My heart breaks for him and his skewed views on relationships. I had hoped that Patrick's relationship with Ephemera would be a nice change but too little too late, I guess?

    Great start. Can't wait to see more of Armand...lordy me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, the "not showing his face thing" is to build suspense because it's a new generation and also because the effect of finally seeing his face at the very end might make the reader appreciate his looks even more. LOL. I did it for the beginning of Patrick's generation and I am going to do that for every generation after this. I'm glad you liked how he looks. LOL, you never have to worry about your language with me, XD, swear away. Lord knows I do it all the time when I write, LOL.

      Yes, crazy and sad how the parents' problems affect their children. I suppose that is the way people's personalities are formed though, they've got to learn from their parents somehow, whether it's good or bad, and decide on their own once they're grown how they're going to use that information. Well, Patrick's relationship with Ephemera wasn't shoved in Armand's face very much when he was still living in Patrick's house. Patrick isn't one to move super fast, so it's not like he asked Ephemera to move in right away. She also didn't try to replace Katya, as far as being a mother figure (not saying Katya was much of a mother, other than label) but Ephemera never parented Armand, just out of respect for Patrick because she didn't want to make him feel like she was trying to replace Katya either. That's why Armand just felt like he was pretty much raised only by Patrick. I am hoping to have Patrick and Ephemera show up in generation three somewhere just like Max showed up in Patrick's generation, so you'll get to see some of the interaction with them and Armand at that time.

      Thanks very much for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  8. Gheez, Armand is the love em' and leave em' kind of guy. For some reason I feel like Reese might end up getting attached to him for some reason. I can't believe he moved to Louisiana...of all places? I understand him not wanting to be in California because of all the memories but Louisiana seems ...idk. I understand his confusion though, maybe it will be good for him to start fresh and find himself. People in the performing arts major always need to believe in their self and that's quite difficult sometimes. It's a shame Katya made him think he wasn't good enough...His parent's relationship issues really fucked him over. He didn't even have a chance to hash things out with her so its understandable that he thinks she hates him but some people have a weird way of showing their love, his mom was one of those people lol. I can't wait to see how college works out for him, I love artistic guys. He should meet some people, and make some friends, that kind of what college is about...I understand him wanting to lay low though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Armand wasn't about to stay the night in Reese's bed because he's not looking for a relationship. Reese is a sorority girl, she parties as hard as Armand does, so she is into one night stands as well. That sorority she is in is the one who throws the biggest parties, so this one night stand stuff is pretty common place there.

      LOL, I have a reason for any major decision I make in my stories. Louisiana might seem like a random state that came out of nowhere based on what you know about Armand so far, but this is only the first chapter, after all. Things take time to explain because I'm not all about revealing everything within the first chapter, as I feel it makes the generation have a potential to be boring. He wanted to move away from the West coast as far as he could to escape memories of Katya. Louisiana is a little more laid back than California, and it's definite a change of scenery. Louisiana is a large party state, with its Mardi Gras celebration, and Armand being a party animal, plus a bunch of other things I won't reveal right now are some of the reasons I decided on Louisiana for generation three.

      Armand is halfway there, he knows what he likes, but he lacks the confidence boost he needs to get there. As of now, I have still left the question of whether Katya really loved him up in the air because I think it adds to the whole feel of Armand's personality, and that's why he is so unsure of things in his life. He was really treated badly by her, and the way Katya treated Patrick didn't help things either because Armand always was on Patrick's side.

      He'll eventually make some friends, he's only started college for a few weeks, so he's kind of just trying to figure things out at the moment.

      Thanks for reading and leaving me all the nice comments. :) I'm working on Chapter 2 and I hope to have it finished in the next week or two.

      Delete
  9. It's still pretty painful to hear Armond talking about his mom like that. I know she fucked up but it still kills me to think you'd die without your son even knowing you loved him....

    :sigh:

    Armond is so gorgeous, with those piercing blue eyes. God knows I wouldn't say no to him. :swoon: He'll do alright I think, he's always been quite the little punk even if his mom did make him doubt himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Armand feels extreme pain from how Katya treated him, as well as all the incomplete feelings he has from questions he wishes he could have asked her. Any time he tried talking to her while she was alive resulted in arguments, so he got nowhere. Well, that's the big unanswered question. Did Katya actually love Armand? She sure didn't act like it, except for one or two moments in his entire life? That's pretty ridiculous, like if you loved someone, you would never even think to treat them so badly all the time. Sure there are arguments between loved ones, but there's always a make up period if you really love them. With Katya and Armand's relationship, there weren't really many make up periods that followed the arguments. Those negative memories far outweigh the positive ones, and for Armand, his mom will always be a sore spot in his heart.

      Thanks, I think the only good things he inherited from Katya were his eyes. LOL. You are right that he'll do all right. He's majorly damaged emotionally from Katya, but the things he learned and feels from how Patrick treated him are also a very large part of his life.

      Delete
  10. Hm. An interesting young man you have become, Armand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. LOL. He's still young, only 18, he has a long way to go, and much to learn. :D
      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  11. Hey, I was serious! *lol* I like him. Not necessesarily what he does, but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, my above comment was addressing his less than good behavior in the chapter. LOL. He's stuffing his problems for now since he hasn't really met any friends, so he's hiding behind going to parties, drinking, and having one night stands. I'm glad you like him. ^_^

      Delete
  12. Awwww I love Armand's story so far! This is such a great beginning!! Omg, I was almost in tears reading about how Armand saw Patrick. Patricks's (and Armand's, too) life seems that much more bleak, depressing, and lonely. :'( I mean, from the last gen, of course we knew how Patrick was feeling and all the ridiculous crap he was going through because of Katya, but for Armand to describe what HE saw, HOW he saw his father?! Breaks my heart. Makes it that much worse, I suppose.

    Wowzah 0_0 Armand is freaking gorgeous!! I mean, I saw his picture before from your avatar on the forums, but in this larger one?! *fans self* Wow. I really like his character so far. I love characters who kind of withhold themselves from others and the only type of physical interactions are just that, physical, devoid of emotional involvement. I think there are just so many things/stories/explanations that can be used to explore that and delve into it more. I can't wait to read more!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, thanks so much for the compliments. *blushes* I always have a wierd feeling when I start a generation, I think it's just because I've come down from the high of the finale chapters which are always crazy, and beginning chapters are sort of like a start over, so they're less intense and all that. So I'm glad it still sounds good to readers. LOL.

      I thought Armand's point of view would probably feel much more depressing because he saw what Katya should have also seen. If Armand being just a child seeing Patrick like that, and knowing that something was terribly wrong, but Katya being an adult and seeing Patrick, but being completely oblivious to what he looked like.. it just seems like Katya was really dense. LOL. I'm glad it had an impact on you too.

      IKR? When I aged him to YA, I was like... oh. em.. gee.. I'm going to faint. LOL. I hope the end of generation two makes more sense now, I don't think Armand's personality would have been as developed as it is now if he hadn't had all that shit happen to him. I'm glad you like his personality, LOL. Armand's going to hold people at arm's length, and it might not be the best for him, but that's the only way he can deal with his life right now. Moving away definitely helped him, but Katya most definitely damaged him greatly.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you enjoy Generation Three! :D

      Delete
  13. Armand is a good mix of his parents genetically. You can see both Patrick and Katya in his features.

    I feel bad for him. Even with the love and support he got from his father, his mother's harmful and hateful words shaped who he is still. :( His need to not commit his low self-esteem as far as things he may be good at, all because of that mother of his. :( I do hope he's able to put those hateful words behind him and find peace in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Armand did inherit features from both of his parents.

      Katya's words were beat into his head a lot, constantly, like poison, and so they're embedded in every cell of his being. For all the love Patrick showed Armand, he was suffering himself through it, so all Armand remembers is sadness. That's not to say that Armand hadn't learned anything from Patrick, since you saw that in their relationship when they would talk, it's just sort of buried by sadness, if that makes any sense. Armand choosing the Fine Arts major is him trying to crawl out of the low self-esteem hole Katya threw him in because he's trying to explore those things he still loves. He has a long way to go, and he's only eighteen in this chapter, and he left home like a week or two ago, so those wounds from home are still pretty fresh in his mind. He'll probably get better slowly, but surely.

      Delete
  14. Oh Damn just reading Armand's side of the events really made me feel so bad for him. Katya really left him with a low self esteem which is staying with him the rest of her life. I do hope that somehow he will be able to overcome all of that and make something of his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that Armand got some pretty terrible self esteem because of how Katya treated him, but he's still eighteen, and searching for who he really is, he has plenty of time to figure it out.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com