Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Patrick Nine: Worth It



I continued to sit on the bench with Patrick after I had refused his advances to French kiss me. I was sad, angry, and scared. I was sad because I had made Patrick sad and possibly angry, which was the last thing I wanted after the fun day we had just had. I was angry at myself because I had let my insecurities into yet another relationship. I was scared because I didn't know what to expect if I had let Patrick go any further. I knew in my heart he was a sweet guy and I believed him the day he told me he would never force himself on me, but my head was still holding that fear at the front of my mind. Stupid, Katya, stupid!

I can't believe I had just asked him to declare that I was his girlfriend, and then gone and turned him down so quickly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that Patrick was pouting, and looking down at the ground. He still had his arm around me, and I was afraid to move because what if this was the last time he ever touched me? Part of my mind was suspicious of Patrick. He wouldn't be so angry if it was okay for me to say no, would he? I didn't know what to do, and once again, I felt like I had made things awkward between us. Patrick scooted away from me and put his hands in his lap.


"Patrick, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, me too."

I tried to gauge his tone of voice from his simple response, and he sounded angry, but I could also sense a hint of sadness as well. Had he just broken up with me? Or was he just sorry for upsetting me? Ugh, I could slap myself for being so doubtful of everything I do. We didn't talk and he didn't try to touch me again. He just left. I was trying really hard to hold back the tears that wanted to fall down my face, but it was becoming increasingly difficult as the minutes dragged on. When I was sure he was out of sight and that he couldn't hear me, I started bawling. I walked to my car and got in, then cried on my steering wheel for a little bit until I pulled myself together so I could see well enough to drive home.


As soon as I stepped into the house, I cried some more. I wandered into my bedroom, pulled on the comfiest pair of pajamas I owned, found my favorite romantic comedy, where the guy and the girl get together in the end, and got some ice cream out of the fridge. As I watched the movie, I pretended it was Patrick and I, and I hoped that things would be better between us, if there even still was an us. About thirty minutes into the movie, my doorbell rang. I panicked slightly because I knew I looked like crap right now, and if it was Patrick, I would be really embarrassed. I took a deep breath, knowing I probably didn't have enough time to change into good clothes and put myself back together, so I just sucked it up and opened the door.

"Ephemera? What are you doing here?"

"I need a place to stay. Can I stay with you?"


I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at Ephemera. I had been curious about where she had been, and was still hurt that she hadn't called me when she got into town. However, I knew in my heart I would let her in eventually, but I felt like I had to give her a hard time first.

"Why would you want to stay with me? We're not exactly friends."

"I have nowhere else to go. I went to Dad's old house and he doesn't live there anymore. I don't know where Mom is, so I got your address from Patrick."

"Using my boyfriend to stalk me? That's low, Ephemera."

"Oh come on. He had no problem telling me since I'm your sister."

"Fine, whatever, come in. You can stay here."


Ephemera dragged her suitcase in and I sighed. I showed her where she could stay, where the bathroom and kitchen were, and then left her to her own devices. I went back to the couch, and pushed the play button on my DVD remote. A little while later, Ephemera walked into the living room and plopped herself on the couch with a beer in her hand.


"What are you watching?"

"The Holiday."

"Stupid chick flick."

"Shut up, Ephemera. Just because there aren't any explosions or death doesn't mean the movie is stupid."

Ephemera stuck her finger in her mouth, pretending to gag. I didn't let her get to me as I scooped some more ice cream into my mouth. We sat in peace for the remainder of the movie, which I was grateful for, and only when the credits rolled did Ephemera speak again, no big surprise, to insult me.


"Jesus Christ, Katya, did you really eat that entire tub of ice cream? Aren't you scared your ass will become the size of Texas?"

"I had a bad day, okay?"

"Emotional eating is stupid."

"How long have you even been in Silicon Shores, Ephemera, and where were you staying before now?"

"I don't know, a few weeks. I was renting a motel, but it was getting expensive. What the fuck happened to you? Your eyes are all red."

"None of your business. It's not like you care anyway."


Ephemera sighed, and hung her head, which is something she rarely did around me. She was always arrogant and self confident, making jabs at me. I knew she was mad at me for siding with Dad, but I still felt like she didn't need to be so mean to me all the time. After all, we were adults now.

"I'm trying to make conversation, Katya. I know I haven't been the nicest to you, but you still opened your home to me, so thank you."

"Well, you're my sister, I couldn't just let you be on the streets. Ugh, fine, if you really want to know, I had a fight with Patrick."

"You already screwed things up? How long were you dating him? Twenty minutes? You were always sucky at relationships."

"As a matter of fact, I don't know where we are, and I'm not sure we broke up, so don't just assume!"


"You're such a prude, is it cause you wouldn't put out? Katya, you know boys like sex, right?"

"Yeah, well at least I'm not loose, like you, giving it up to everyone who comes by."

"Shut up, and get off your high horse. At least I'm able to get laid, and I'm also not the one in rainbow sweats and a hamburger shirt sucking down a million calories. Think about that."


With that last rude comment, Ephemera finished off her beer and walked out of the living room, setting the empty bottle on the kitchen counter and heading in the direction of her bedroom. I took a deep breath and looked into the now empty tub of ice cream. In a way, as mean as she was, Ephemera was right. I had so many mental blocks from my experience that it seemed to be consuming me and holding me back from moving on with my new relationship. That's the last thing I wanted my life to become, me being prisoner to my thoughts, leading me to shut Patrick out. I laid down on the couch with my arm over my face, ashamed of myself.


The next time I opened my eyes, sunlight was pouring in from the large windows of my living room. I guess I had fallen asleep on the couch. I walked into the bathroom to take a shower and when I looked at myself in the mirror, I was a mess. My ponytail holder had worked it's way down my hair, making my ponytail all loose, and it hung itself down by my left shoulder. My eyes felt puffy from all the crying I did yesterday, and they were definitely red. I looked unhealthy and tired. Would I ever find happiness? I thought about Patrick again, and he made me happy. He was the nicest guy I'd ever met. Why did I have to be such a screw up?


I stepped into the bathtub, which made me feel slightly better. I needed something new in my life, maybe I was just stuck in a rut, stuck in my ways of believing I had to be scared, stuck in the same tired old routine. I started thinking about things I could do to inject some excitement into my life. Maybe I could get a part-time job or something. My thoughts then went to my father, and how Ephemera had said he had moved out of the house we grew up in. I didn't know that because I had lost touch with him, sadly. I hoped he was okay, and I felt another pang of sadness hit me, mixed with guilt for not keeping in touch with him. For how close we had been when I was little, I started to wonder why I had let life get in the way of our relationship.


After my bath was over, I put on one of my favorite dresses. It looked like it had a painting on the front of it, and it was very soft and comfortable to wear. I combed my hair and put some eye drops in my eyes. I smiled at myself, hoping it would make me feel a little happier. I thought about Patrick and wondered if we were still a couple. I hoped we were. Should I go over to his house and apologize for acting so terrified around him or would he think I was desperate and annoying? Surely he doesn't suffer from a lack of girls wanting to be with him, he's so handsome. Crap. Does that mean I need to go over there and stake my claim before anyone else asks him out? Ugh, why do my thoughts make me feel like I'm in high school again? Now we're back to Tyler and how he treated me wrong.


My vicious cycle of thoughts was really starting to make me wonder if I was going insane. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths, like my psychologist had suggested I do whenever my thoughts threatened to consume me. It worked, but I was still feeling uneasy about what had happened between Patrick and I. I decided to clean my house because the simple act of cleaning sometimes made me feel better, and helped me take my mind off of what was bothering me. Sadly, however, when I went out to the kitchen, it seemed relatively clean. Except for the beer bottle Ephemera had left on the counter, there really wasn't anything I needed to pick up. I opted to dust since I had a full roll of paper towels.

The doorbell rang, and when I went to answer it, Patrick was standing there with a bouquet of flowers. I was so relieved he was there that I let him in immediately. He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes as he handed me the flowers. It was only after I took them from him and inhaled their fresh scent that he spoke.


"Katya, I'm so sorry about yesterday. I hope I didn't come over too soon, but it was driving me crazy how we left things. I didn't know what to do, so I thought the best thing for me to do was to just leave. I'm sorry if that hurt you, so that's why I'm here today. I wanted to let you know I never meant to hurt you. I'd like to give us another chance, but only if you want to."

My heart was jumping from happiness that Patrick was actually standing in front of me. It didn't matter that he was talking at double speed, or that he might have been nervous. All the anxiety I felt from the uncertainty of whether he had broken up with me or not vanished into thin air. All I wanted to do was hug him, so I did.

"I'm so happy you came over. I'm sorry too about what happened. Let's go to the living room. Do you want something to drink or eat?"

"No, I'm okay."


Patrick and I sat on the couch together, and he craned his neck to look at the view outside my windows. He put his hands on his lap, which I was grateful for, and sat close to me, which I also enjoyed. I scratched my head, thinking of what to say to him. It was strange because before he arrived, I felt like I was bursting at the seams with things I thought I wanted to say, but now that he was actually here, I clammed up. Patrick didn't seem to mind, as he just sat next to me patiently.

"Thank you for the flowers, Patrick. It was very thoughtful of you."

"You're welcome."

"Umm... I want to explain myself. Before Tyler forced himself on me, we were making out, and I was enjoying it. I don't know where it turned bad, but when I realized it, it was too late. When you kissed me like that, I immediately shut down because I didn't want to have it turn bad again without me knowing it."


I halfway expected Patrick to get angry and interrupt me to say that I shouldn't be comparing him to Tyler, but he just shifted in his seat and continued listening to me. He was really very different from any other guy I'd ever met.

"I just need you to understand that I really do like you... a lot... but I need to move slowly for this to work. My experience was the only time I've ever had sex, and it was also the first time. I'm terrified that it will hurt and be just as unpleasant as it was with Tyler. Um... so if you're okay with all of my crap, then I'd love to continue with our relationship."

Patrick nodded and looked at me with content on his face. The next few words he said to me made my heart melt, and I was confident we would be more than okay.

"Katya, we can go as slow as you need. I like you too, and I think you're worth the wait."

41 comments:

  1. im so glad patrick and katya worked out their issue but her sister is another case. if her bitchy ass wuld have insulted me after i gave her place to stay i wuld have said take your bags and get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Patrick and Katya are on the right track, they're working on their relationship, it's a good sign. LOL, Ephemera has always been like this, so in a way, you could say Katya has developed a callous when it comes to Ephemera's words. They annoy Katya, but it's nothing she hasn't seen or dealt with before. Katya let her stay because she is family, no matter how irritating she is. It might seem like that makes Katya a pushover, which maybe she is a little. LOL. Wierdly, Ephemera's insults did make Katya think, and gave her a little push.

      Delete
  2. Oh they are both cute!! I feel really sorry for Katya, I hope she can get past her problems!! I really don't like her sister!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I really like them together too. Katya appreciates your sympathy. :D She'll heal over time, and be mostly okay... maybe. LOL. Her sister is her polar opposite. o.O

      Delete
  3. Poor Katya T_T It sucks what she was forced to go through so now things are hard with Patrick. I don't understand how her sister could be so mean to her, ugh, she's just such a bitch. Katya's nice enough to let her sleep at her home and she's still a huge bitch. >_<
    Yayyy I'm glad Patrick and her worked things out and he understands where she's coming from and why things are hard for her. Hopefully things will get better between them now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,sadly some people's pasts are really hard to move past. Hahaha. Katya's trying the best she can, but it's still difficult sometimes. LOL *shakes head* Some people... XD Ephemera just... she's too blunt and always says things in a mean way. She needs to learn a little more grace. Katya did get a little push from her words, as mean as they were, so that helped her at least.
      Patrick took his dad's advice, and it did wonders for him. Hopefully they can keep up this level of understanding in their relationship as it progresses. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great chapter! I'm so happy that Katya and Patrick had that talk and she was able to open up to him. *Snuggles Patrick* He's such a great guy. I just love them two together.

    Katya is such a sweetheart, really. I can't believe she was nice enough to open her home to her sister and take it while she constantly insults her and makes fun of her. What a bitch. I was hoping Katya would throw Ephemera out on her ass, but I know she's way too nice to do that. I would have rammed that empty ice cream carton right up Ephemera's ass. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, LOL. They are doing better as time goes on.

      Heehee, Katya is sweet, and she knows no matter what, Ephemera is her sister. She's dealt with Ephemera's hostility her whole life, so she's used to her insults. Some people wouldn't show as much grace as Katya did, and I'm glad you caught that part of her personality. Ephemera on the other hand... has no grace and just says whatever comes to mind. The very last thing Ephemera said did give Katya something to think about, so in her own strange way, Ephemera helped Katya, even though I agree, she could have said it nicer.

      Delete
  5. It must be hard for Katya to open up and talk about her problems, I just hope that realizes that she can trust Patrick; he would intentionally hurt her, and doesn't immediately shut down the if/when something happens again. I'm glad that she talked to Patrick and they worked things out. :) They're a cute couple.

    Katya's sister is so rude; I can't believe she asks to stay with her sister then goes around being bitchy. Does she know what happened to Katya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't intentionally hurt her, just noticed that, haha. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it was difficult for Katya, but she likes Patrick enough that she knew she had to tell him or they wouldn't be able to move forward. Their relationship is taking a lot of work, and in time Katya should believe that everything will be okay and Patrick won't hurt her. Heehee thanks.
      Ephemera's a turd. LOL. Katya's used to Ephemera's way of talking, which, I agree, she shouldn't have to put up with, but she's kind of a pushover in that sense. Katya did learn something from the last statement Ephemera said, it got her to think a little more of how stuck she is. Yes, Ephemera does know what happened to Katya, she's just a bitch LOL. I did discuss Ephemera knowing what happened to Katya in earlier chapters. XD
      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  6. Ephemera is a bit nicer, but not by much. Katya needs to drop her guard a little. But I guess it was kind of a reflex. Sigh. I hope things go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Ephemera showed a tiny bit of humility here by asking Katya for help, but she should have acted more grateful towards Katya.
      Yeah, Katya is having a difficult time getting over her past, but now that she's met Patrick, who's very understanding and patient, she might feel less of a need to shut him out so quickly. This relationship is taking a lot of work, but they're both willing to work at it.

      Delete
  7. So glad that Patrick took Max's advice! Katya needs to let go of the past no matter how difficult so that she can have a better future, hopefully with Patrick. They make a cute couple.

    Ephemera is just awful the way she treats her sister. Katya should've told her no and let her find some place else to stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* Yes, Patrick knew his dad's words were something he shouldn't ignore. Katya's finding it difficult to move on further from what she already has, but now that she's got Patrick, and she knows he's patient, she'll have an easier time with that. She'll learn that she can rely on him to support her.
      LOL Katya would never do that, she would feel too guilty about it. She has a kind heart, too kind, almost, that she can appear a bit of a pushover at times. The last bit of what Ephemera said did get Katya to think a little, so in a strange way, Ephemera does help her.

      Delete
  8. It's times like this that I wonder if my opinion on the subject would be a different one if I had siblings myself, but.... NO Katya just because she is your sister you DO NOT have to take her in if she is a total bich in every possible sense of the word! *fumes*

    Love the update *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL anna! :) Thank you. :)
      It depends on the person. In my case, I have a sibling, yet I'm not inclined to take family in just because they're family. I have to like them first, LOL. Katya, however, is one of those people who believes that you don't leave family behind, and she would have felt guilty if she had turned Ephemera away. Ephemera took a chance too going to Katya's house since she's a pretty proud woman, asking her sister for help wasn't something she enjoyed doing.

      Delete
    2. Oh so basically, both sisters are thoroughly unhappy now, sounds like fun situations in the future... only not for the girls, but for us readers *rofl*

      Delete
    3. Hmm? Katya's better now, since she fixed her relationship with Patrick. Ephemera's just being Ephemera, she's no less happy or sad than when she asked for a place to stay. There will be fun situations for you readers, as usual, LOL, how could I not write fun things? XD

      Delete
  9. Yay that they talked about things! I figured that Patrick and her would eventually talk about it but after Ephemera arrived, I was afraid she'd do something to stop it from happening.

    Good grief! There is no way I would let Ephemera stay with me if she were my sister. I guess Katya is a better person than me and it definitely speaks to her as a person that after all the crap she's put up with that she'd let Ephemera stay with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* Yeah! Haha, Patrick was even scared he came over too quickly, but luckily for him, Katya was thinking about him and missing him a lot that everything all worked out. LOL, Ephemera may be mean, but she's also smart, and she's not going to piss off her boss. She likes money too much. XD

      Yay, I'm glad you caught on to Katya's kind hearted personality, I was trying to portray that part of her in this chapter, cause earlier, she just came off as awkward and wierd, LOL. I wanted to show the vast differences between Katya and Ephemera. Katya's used to the way Ephemera talks to her, that it doesn't really like make her hate herself or anything, it's more of a nuisance. Ephemera's last thing she said to Katya did get Katya to think a bit, so as rash as her words are, sometimes they help.

      Delete
  10. Wow, you're chapters just keep getting better and better.
    Being in Katya's point of view for a chapter really lets you get inside her head and see whats going on, I loved it. I also loved that Patrick took Max's advice and went to talk to her. "Katya, we can go as slow as you need. I like you too, and I think you're worth the wait." goooooddddddd, *gushes over patrick* The Zenteri boys are serious heart melters <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.... *blushes* Thanks so much. :D That's so nice of you to say.
      Haha, glad you liked Katya's perspective, I wanted this chapter to show a little more of her personality, more than just the awkwardness she seemed to portray in earlier chapters. Mm-hmm, Patrick respects Max a lot and in turn, knows that what he says is good advice. LOL, yes, he got that charm from Max, even if he himself doesn't think that at times. :)

      Delete
  11. Loved this update (and the previous ones, I've just been lazy and hadn't commented on them)! I'm glad that Patrick and Katya are working on their relationship and are on the same page with how fast it should go. Or how not fast it should go in this case :P

    As for Ephemera, I've got a feeling she's going to end up a bit like Helena. Jealous at what her sibling ends up with. And I would only let her live with me if she was my sister if I laid out some ground rules. Number one being no insults. But I'm not Katya and her decision to let her sister live with her felt like the right one for who Katya is. I'm glad she didn't just immediately say yes, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, hi Seera. XD Glad you've been enjoying the story.
      Haha, yeah, they're going pretty slow, but hopefully I can get them to get some stuff done soon. I'm getting a little antsy. ROFL.

      Yeah, Ephemera is a teensy bit jealous of Katya, she always wanted their dad to like her, but he seemed to always be on Katya's side, so Ephemera takes it out on Katya. Also, Katya's a bit of a goody two shoes in Ephemera's eyes, and it annoys her most of the time. LOL yeah, Katya and Ephemera are polar opposites and I wanted to show that here by Katya giving Ephemera some hospitality. As much as Ephemera's normal way of talking is laced with insults for Katya, the very last thing she said to her did get Katya to think, so in a strange way, it helped her a little. Heehee, yeah, Katya seems like she is a little weak at times, but when it comes to Ephemera, she does give her a hard time as well, even though compared to Ephemera, Katya's jabs aren't as powerful.

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm happy they talked things out and are back at a good place. I think that Katya might want to go see someone for her issues. They are clearly preventing her from enjoying her life fully. Also, Patrick is the cutest male Sim I've ever laid eyes on...just saying!

    As for Ephie, what's going on that she needed to move in with her sister? That is puzzling to me. Either way, I like her. I think she's blunt and brutally honest and can be extremely mean to her sister, but I think that comes from a place of hurt. She has semi-decent manners though lol.

    Great chapter, can't wait for more (hint: write faster!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya and Patrick are working on their relationship like mature adults instead of running away from it. Katya is already seeing a therapist, she has been since "the incident." I just haven't shown her in a session or anything, but I've mentioned her doing deep breathing exercises 'like her therapist told her to do' when she's feeling anxious. Yeah, you're right, her issues are standing in her own way, and even though she's seeing a therapist, she still hasn't worked through her problems. Patrick's there to help her now, so hopefully with his help she'll recover a little faster. Haha, aww, thanks. ^_^ I love the way he looks.

      Heehee, Ephie, reminds me of the Dreamgirls character, although I think it was spelled differently, don't know for sure. Well, the surface reason Ephemera needed to move in with Katya, is what she told her here, she was running out of money to keep staying at the motel she was at. Where Ephemera was before she came back to Silicon Shores will be revealed in the chapter I'm currently working on. You're right, everyone has their reasons for behaving the way they do, even though they seem rash and callous on the outside. LOL, yeah she did thank Katya for letting her stay with her, so she does have manners.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  13. Nope. I don't care if she's right. Ephemera is a bitch. :(

    I'm glad Katya is trying so hard with this. It's a good thing Patrick is practically perfect. I honestly thought he was going to become a therapist :). (not to say I'm upset with his choice. His choice is very yummy. lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, ikr? Ephemera is so mean. LOL, there are much nicer ways to say things, but I guess Ephemera most of the time has no filter, so she just blurts out obnoxious things. Katya's too tame of a personality for her, and it pisses her off most of the time, which granted, is no reason to treat your sister so cruelly but she's a bitch. XD

      Katya has been seeing a therapist (even though I haven't showed any sessions, I just say little things like when she says or thinks "my therapist said") and she hasn't had a serious relationship where she has tried in such a long time. She had some boyfriends in between the guy who raped her and Patrick, but every time they would get to the sex part, Katya would run away. Patrick is the first relationship where she has wanted to try to get past her issues and resolve them.

      LOL, hmm therapist. I never thought of making him a therapist. I like psychology myself, so I guess it'd be possible for future heirs. XD I love him in his magician's outfit, it's super hot, and magic is mysterious and sexy, LOLL, a perfect fit for Patrick. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh, Patrick, you're such a sweetie. Katya, you're in good hands with that man. Trust yourself. Trust him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick is awesome, isn't he? His father taught him so well. ^_^
      Katya needs some time, but she'll come around eventually.

      Delete
  15. I was pretty confused the last chapter when she asked him to make things official and then she just turned him down but I understand why she did that now. Ephemera and Katya are so cute, they're polar opposites lol. Ephemera can be a little rude but she says it like it is and I don't think she hates Katya that much, they have a rough patch right now but ephemera really does care for Katya but she some of the stuff she says is pretty rude so I don't blame Katya for getting mad. Katya is realizing her faults though. She definitely should've kept in touch with her father, I know how that is when life gets in the way and the next minute you turn around and realize so much has changed. I really like Katya, besides her whole rape incident i find her to be so relatable to me and its kind of weird in a way lol "My vicious cycle of thoughts was really starting to make me wonder if I was going insane." Loved that line <3
    Patrick is so sweet and understanding with Katya, hopefully things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, I was purposely making Katya's behavior last chapter confusing, because I wanted readers to feel Patrick's confusion. Ephemera and Katya have a lot of sibling rivalry, them taking sides in their parents' divorce is very ingrained into each of their behaviors towards each other. You're right, Ephemera doesn't hate Katya, if she did, she wouldn't want to stay at her house. It took courage for Ephemera to admit she needed a place to stay, it's not a very proud moment when you have to face the fact that you have nowhere to live.

      Katya is more of a delicate person, whereas Ephemera is blunt, and has a thicker skin, so Katya doesn't like the way Ephemera says things, but there is some truth to Ephemera's words. Underlying circumstances that will be discussed later are why Katya lost touch with her father, but I won't say anymore about that right now. :)

      Aww thanks, :) I'm happy you enjoyed that, LOL, Katya's a complicated character to write. Patrick is sweet, he learned well from Max. XD

      Delete
  16. I'm glad they were able to get past that little bump in their relationship. Hopefully it will help them later on and they'll be closer because of it. Wow, Katya really does know the meaning of family and selflessness to let Ephemera stay with her after all the crap she's done to her. I wonder why Katya lost touch with her father, though. Interesting past this family has....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They got over their first fight, wheee! LOL. They are stronger now because they talked. Haha, my characters always have interesting family lives. Yes, Katya loves her sister, she's more just hurt that Ephemera is always mean to her. Ephemera humbled herself pretty much here, going to Katya after she knew how bitchy she has been to Katya. They've both hurt each other so much over the years, but they both still know the other is their sister, so they have the base familial love even if they don't show it well. When Ephemera hung her head and thanked Katya for letting her stay, it was a teeny tiny window into how she really feels. Katya and her father, yeah, sometimes life just happens, but more on that later. :D

      Delete
  17. So good to see Katya working over her fears.
    Maybe the two sisters won't get along so easily, but at least living together they will have another chance. It is sad that they are such a broken family, all scattered and having lost contact to one another. I wonder how that happened, and what was done to create such a damage.
    Patrick was wise to hear his father's advice, and we can only rejoice that, despite his urge, he wants to wait on Katya.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andante! Sorry for the response being a little slow, my internet has been giving me problems lately.

      Katya is very internal, and she likes to shut people out because she thinks it's better if she deals with her fears all alone.
      Yes, you are correct, Ephemera and Katya have always had a rocky relationship, but Ephemera reaching out to Katya, and Katya accepting Ephemera into her house will help them have another chance with each other. You will find out more about how their family became scattered throughout the generation. =)

      Patrick is a very nice guy, and he does really like Katya. He also highly respects his father, so he was going to follow his father's advice, if at least to try it, to see if it worked, and lucky for him, Katya responded. She's never been this open with anyone, even though it did take Patrick coming over to her house for her to talk to him, it is a step in the right direction for both of them.
      Thanks! =)

      Delete
  18. Oh wait, when did she tell Patrick about her sister? Did I miss that?

    Anyway, I can't believe she showed up to stay at her sister's house after how Ephemera treated Katya. Katya was nice to let her stay despite it all. I am surprised she lost touch with her father since she sounded like they'd had a close relationship despite things.

    Aww, glad Patrick came over and they talked things out. Patrick is a sweet guy and he would never push. He understands now and will adjust accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she told Patrick in the last chapter, after they had gotten done surfing. I didn't make it a huge dialogue, so it's okay that you missed it. But he does know now.

      Katya is of the belief that "family is everything" and she could not find it in her heart to throw her sister out on the street. Despite their rocky relationship, she does wish Ephemera and her could be friends. Her father and her relationship will be explained later on as well as why they lost touch.

      Yeah, Patrick took his dad's advice, and he likes Katya a lot, so he wanted to make things right before too much time passed. It will be hard on him to sort of withhold his hormones, but he's willing to try.

      Delete
  19. Ephemera does have some nerve especially after Katya was nice enough to let her stay at the house. She is lucky that Katya agreed to take her in and that Katya didn't throw her ass out after insulting her. One thing I don't understand is how come neither one of them know where their father is.

    Patrick showing up with the flowers were sweet and she did open up to him just like his father said she would. Now I know why she assumed that making out always leads to sex. He will just have to take it slow with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL she does. Ephemera is a very brave woman, and sometimes it translates into looking like she has no shame. LOL. Katya is a nice girl and she does view 'family first' very seriously, so no way she was going to just write her sister off. The mystery with their father will be revealed later, sometimes people lose touch and disappear, it happens, but details in future chapters.

      Haha, yeah Max is very intuitive and he felt like he knew how Katya would react. He's been around the block a few times LOL, so he has seen a lot of how the women react, that could be one reason he's so good at giving Patrick advice about it. XD
      Yup yup. Patrick understands more now too, and they are back on track.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com