Saturday, March 8, 2014

Patrick Seven: Unpleasant Memories

Guest Starring: Alexander Hunt by MrsOogie Boogie



Tonight was one of the best nights of my life. I was backstage in my dressing room with Emmanuel and Ephemera, and I was ecstatic because I had just successfully performed one of my best shows so far. Everything was perfect, the audience responded to my illusions positively, and my parents and grandpa showed up to watch, as well as Katya. For the first time in four years since I had started performing in the magic industry, I felt like I was making progress in my career.



Working with Ephemera was a pleasant surprise. She was charming, elegant, and composed. Her motions were fluid and she graced the stage with a presence that was very entertaining for the audience. She and I interacted with a chemistry that wasn't sexual, yet still very cohesive and appealing. It felt effortless, like I had known her for years instead of just a week. The initial bad feeling I had in my gut when I first met her had all but dissipated, and I was glad I had given her a chance. I felt lucky to have such a great assistant when I was just starting out. The last thing I needed was for any part of my show to be unimpressive, as this show was also an audition of sorts. The theater director had decided tonight if he was going to give us a regular gig, and since everything went so well, we got a recurring spot on the theater's calendar for Thursday nights.


We changed into our street clothes and headed out into the foyer. Emmanuel and Ephemera each had an arm around me, Emmanuel's around my waist, while Ephemera's arm was around my neck. As we approached the foyer, we saw my family and Katya standing by the fountain, chatting with each other. Mom and Dad had their arms around each other, which I found endearing. For the twenty years they had been together, they were still just as in love as the day they met. My thoughts went to Katya, who was standing a little bit off to the side, and I wondered if her and I would ever get to the point that my parents are.




I stood quietly by the staircase, with my hands clasped in front of me when I saw Patrick come out with Emmanuel and... Ephemera? Could it be? I hadn't seen Ephemera since we were teenagers and she stormed out of our dad's house, saying she was going to move far away from Silicon Shores because she hated our family. When had she come back to town? Figures she wouldn't have called me to let me know anything about her life, it's not like she acted like she ever cared about me. I don't know why I was surprised that Ephemera had come back without telling me, but perhaps I was just upset that she hadn't changed for the better in all the time that had passed between us.




I watched Patrick interact with his family, first with his mom, then his dad, and lastly his grandfather. What I wouldn't give to have a family support system as strong as Patrick's. After my mother developed a drinking problem, my father and her eventually divorced, and he gained full custody of me, Ephemera, and our oldest sister, Sandra. No one was happy about the new living situations but me. I loved my father, and was mad at my mother for ruining our family. My sisters blamed our father for the divorce, and they picked on me for siding with him. Ephemera even went so far as to change her surname from Monroe, our father's name, to Wallace, our mother's maiden name.



Patrick soon finished exchanging pleasantries, and came over to me, gently taking my hand in his and introducing me to everyone, including Ephemera. We pretended that we didn't know each other as we shook hands. As I looked into her eyes, a slew of unfortunate memories bombarded me. I remembered how Ephemera had been the one to start the rumor about me being a whore after my high school boyfriend, Tyler, had taken advantage of me at the motel. Instead of being a good older sister, she threw me under the bus. I don't know what I expected, since we had never gotten along even as children, but I guess I had a small shred of hope that she'd have some love for her little sister. I was wrong.



I tried to get comfortable in Patrick's car, but the initial shock of me seeing Ephemera again, so close to home, was making me queasy, and causing my heart to race. I took some deep breaths like my therapist suggested I do when bad memories threatened to overwhelm me, which helped somewhat. I felt Patrick glance over at me, and I knew with how perceptive he was, that he would soon ask me what was wrong. I decided I would play my shy card when he did ask.

"Katya, is something wrong?"



Bingo. There it was. I liked that he was so intuitive, and I thought about how I would continue to like that fact about him if he and I became a couple. He would treat me right.

"I'm just really terrible at meeting tons of people at once. I'm sorry, I'm a little overwhelmed. I love your family, though, they are so nice, and I love how they support you."

"Does your family not support you?"



"Not particularly. I mean, my dad does, but my parents are divorced, and my mom is an alcoholic who isn't really all there. I haven't talked to her in years. I have two sisters, but I don't really want to talk about them right now."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

Patrick pulled into the parking spot next to his dad's car, and got out, coming around to the other side and opening my door for me. After he helped me out of the car, I wanted to get inside so as not to keep everyone waiting, so I started walking towards the restaurant, but Patrick came up behind me, turned me around, and kissed me.


I thoroughly enjoyed the gesture of affection he was giving me, and I sensed that he was trying to make me feel better. My hands went up around his waist and I relaxed instantly as the warmth of Patrick's body comforted me. I was vaguely aware of my heart racing again, but this time it was from excitement.

"Thank you, Patrick. I feel much better now."

We walked arm in arm into the front foyer of the restaurant, where everyone was waiting. I looked over at Maximus and Soleil, watching them as they sat really close together, Max's arm around Soleil, while she was smiling happily at him with her hand on his thigh. I found myself becoming a little star struck when the realization hit me that I was going to be eating dinner with Maximus and Soleil, two of the most famous people in the world. They were always in the tabloids, as was Patrick. I always found myself admiring how gorgeous Soleil was, even at the age of 39. She was as flawless in person as she was in the magazines. Maximus was incredibly handsome, and I could see where Patrick had inherited his attractiveness. I had seen some of Max's movies, and he was really good at what he did.


The hostess seated us at our table, and I sat next to Patrick, across from his parents, while Ephemera hung out with Emmanuel and Alex. I was very relieved that Ephemera was pretending she didn't know me. I would have rather had it that way than have her tormenting me. I knew that she was most likely not nearly as uncomfortable as I was when I first saw her. She probably thought it was great that I was here so she could make fun of me. Maximus ordered champagne for the table and made a toast for Patrick, congratulating him for his first big success. After that, we ordered our food and got to know each other better.


I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Max and Soleil because they were really fun to talk to, and down to earth, just like Patrick. Halfway through my meal, I excused myself to go freshen up. I was not pleased when I opened the bathroom stall to see that Ephemera had come in after me. She was standing arrogantly by the wall, leg propped up against it, with one hand on her hip, and a smug expression on her face. I knew that Ephemera wouldn't miss out on a chance to torment me, and that she had chosen to follow me into the bathroom on purpose, but not because she had to use it.


"Hey, little sis. Still wearing your hair like a five year old, I see. I thought you'd have grown out of that already. Although, looking at your lack of a figure, you haven't developed at all. Your chest is still as flat as those fucking surfboards you are married to."

I ignored Ephemera and washed my hands, then walked over to the paper towel dispenser to dry my hands, but she blocked my path.


"What's wrong? Not happy to see me?"

"Should I be?"

"I'm your sister. Family is everything, don't you remember saying that when I left? Still mad at me cause of your daddy issues?"

I tried to ignore the mocking, sarcastic tone Ephemera's voice took on when she repeated what I had said that day she left. I couldn't understand why Ephemera had to be so cruel to our dad. It was true he was stricter on us after Mom left, but I think he only did that because he cared. Ephemera and Sandra were never able to see why Dad did what he did.


"No. I just didn't expect to see you again after all this time. Why are you back, anyway?"

"Easy. I got sick of where I was."

"Hmph. I don't believe that. It's probably more like you ran out of money, so you need to come beg Daddy for it."

"Bitch. I have a job as Patrick's assistant, in case you hadn't noticed. I don't need to mooch off Dad."

I pushed Ephemera out of my way to get to the paper towel dispenser even though my hands were mostly dry already from her stalling me. All I wanted was to get away from her, back into the eyes of everyone else, where I hoped she would continue to pretend she didn't know me.


"Ignoring me now, whore?"

No. Not that again. Ever since Ephemera had started that rumor in our high school, it was a trigger word for me. I felt the tears well up in my eyes as memories of that night with Tyler struggled to invade my thoughts. Ephemera laughed at me and then I heard the door shut behind me, signaling her departure. I grabbed more paper towels as I started to cry, wetting them and wiping my eyes. The last thing I needed was for them to get puffy and red. I knew for sure Patrick would ask me what was wrong and I didn't want to cause a scene in the restaurant. Why? Why did Ephemera always have to do this to me? She had been gone, and I was doing well, then she returns and treats me like shit, as if she had never left. It was now that I wished I wore makeup, so I could cover up red spots when I started crying. I finally had dabbed enough around my eyes to make myself look presentable again, and went back out to the gathering.


As I made my way back, my eyes kept darting to Ephemera, who was sitting at the table with her hands on her hips like she owned the world or something. I tried to compose myself and not let my irritation show through on my face or mannerisms. This night was about Patrick, and I was going to try my damnedest to show my support for him to the best of my ability, no matter how shitty I felt.


40 comments:

  1. ephermera is such a bitch. i'm sorry but i would have punched her in the face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's ok, she totally deserves it. XD
      Sadly it's not in Katya's nature to just up and punch her own sister. She's a little too timid for that, especially in a public place. Katya doesn't like making scenes. It's true they'd be in the bathroom where no one could see them fight, but Katya didn't want to ruin Patrick's night. She knew she wouldn't be able to hide her irritation if her and Ephemera had gotten into a physical fight.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, terrika. :D

      Delete
    2. I'm next in line to punch her. :) We could sell tickets!

      Delete
    3. ROFL. *opens box office* Next showing of "Punch Ephemera Wallace" 7pm.

      Delete
  2. Oh my!! Patrick should have stuck to his first impressions of ephermera ... Katya is so sweet and ephermera is just a bitch ... there is definately trouble brewing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... he has no idea at the moment since Ephemera doesn't show that side of herself to him. She is a bitch, knowing how to manipulate things to her advantage. Patrick has something to offer her so she's nice to him for her benefit, not because she actually gives a crap. Ephemera gets nothing out of Katya, so she feels justified in being mean to her.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Julie. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, this was really a great chapter. I loved reading it :D
    I really like Patrick and Katya's relationship, they're so cute together and they already seem in love even when the words haven't been spoken.
    *screams when seeing Max, Soleil and Alex* The family reunion was so cute, I loved reading that part. :D
    Ughhhh Ephemeraaaaa >:[ I KNEW I WAS RIGHT TO HATE YOU.
    *pushes her over, kicks* Leave Katya alone!
    Their family history is sad and I feel for Katya, I was really surprised when you went to Katya's view and she revealed they were sisters O_O
    I wanna read moreee >_< LOL
    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you lovely. :D
      Patrick and Katya are kind of new at this relationship thing, LOL, as in they've both never had like a good relationship, or in Patrick's case any relationship at all. Haha, he's trying to show Katya he cares, especially since he knows how shitty she was treated in the past.
      :D I loved getting the family back together again, I miss Generation One a lot some days more than others, so this gave me a chance to have them be involved again for a little bit. Happy you enjoyed it.
      LOL, yes, finally we learn a little more about Ephemera. She's a manipulative person and she's really selfish. She's such a bully to Katya, but she doesn't care.
      Ephemera: *falls down, clutches stomach*
      Eeee, I'm happy I surprised you. XD I wanted Ephemera to be someone's sister, and at first I couldn't decide who's she should be, but I finally decided Katya made the most sense.
      Haha, :D Thanks for reading and commenting, MrsOogie Boogie. XD

      Delete
  4. Ok I knew there was something I didn't like about Ephemera! Katya is too sweet and timid for her own good and I hope Ephemera doesn't try to make trouble between her and Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, the truth about Ephemera! Katya's sweet, she just wants to move on with her life, but Ephemera insists on dragging her back to the past. She is a troublemaker, but as long as her paycheck comes from Patrick, she won't be doing anything to piss him off. She likes money too much, hahaha.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, DandyLion. :)

      Delete
  5. Well, if Ephemera wasn't like that, I'd take a liking to her. I feel like her attitude became like that because family issues. Poor Katya. Although her hair does resemble a five year old's... (sorry Katya!) But I feel that Patrick won't notice unless Ephemera shows her true side, which I highly doubt. I went like O.o when I found out they were siblings. If Ephemera tries to steal Patrick away or something, it'd remind me of the times when you want to give off the "perfect" girl vibe on a first date of something, and then when they find out, you just can hide anymore... Awesome chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, side note. When I first saw Soleil again, I didn't recognize her!

      Delete
    2. Heehee Ephemera is manipulative, and she has always been an angry person deep down, you're right, because of her family issues. She didn't deal with the divorce well at all, and just lashed out at everyone rather than trying to deal with how she felt. LOL, Katya's hair. It's okay, she is very used to getting made fun of, sadly, the only thing that really gets her is when people call her a whore.

      You're right, Ephemera is never going to show Patrick that side of her. Patrick is her source of her income and she's selfish enough that she'd never jeopardize her paycheck. She likes money way too much. Haha, I'm happy I surprised you that they were sisters. :)

      LOL, I didn't have plans for Ephemera to steal Patrick from Katya. Heehee, I changed Soleil's hair, but other than that she's the same.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, parabee. :)

      Delete
  6. *dies seeing handsome maximus*
    This is an excellent chapter!
    I really hope that Ephemera doesn't do something to sabotage Patrick and katya :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Mmm... Maximus.
      Thank you! ^_^
      I have no plans for Ephemera to meddle in Patrick and Katya's relationship. Ephemera likes money too much, and since Patrick is her source of income, she's going to do her best to keep him happy with her.
      Thanks for reading and commenting, brooke. :D

      Delete
  7. Katya is a sweety and that sister of her's I'm starting to hate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Katya's a sweetheart, she's just trying to live her life, but stupid Ephemera has to come and make her crazy. LOL.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Lckygrl! :)

      Delete
  8. *Drools all over keyboard!!!*

    OMG!!! Alex, Max, and Patrick in one chapter!!!! Can you do that for every chapter? lol!

    So glad that Patrick is having success with his career and the the three of them have come together as a team. However, I'm not happy with Ephemera. What a bitch! I mean, she seems to be great at her job but what the hell is her problem with Katya? I get that they were on opposite sides of their parents divorce but to act that cruelly to her sister. . .Wow.

    Just as long as she keeps her hands off Patrick. . .if not, I might be coming after her. Lol!

    Another great chapter! So sorry it took so long for me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. They are quite the sexy trio, aren't they? I'm really happy I got to incorporate them in this chapter as sort of a reunion. Patrick's family is involved in his life, even though he doesn't call them every day, and I wanted to show that. :)
      Patrick's work team is exceptional and they'll continue to bring him success. Sadly, some people do really well at work, but they have terrible personalities, as Ephemera is demonstrating so well in this chapter, LOL. Ephemera's a natural bully, and she's always been annoyed at Katya for being so sweet and wanting to do the right thing. She thinks Katya's a goody two shoes and it pisses her off. That's a dumb reason, of course, but in Ephemera's mind, it's justified. XD
      LOL, don't worry, I have no plans to have Ephemera go after Patrick. She knows where her income comes from and the last thing she wants to do is piss off Patrick.
      Thanks for the compliments and for commenting! :)

      Delete
  9. I LOVED seeing all that sexy in one chapter....Max, Alex, and Patrick. Yum. Yes please!

    Ugh, just when I was starting to get over my extreme dislike of Ephemera, you go and change that. I hate her even more now. I was totally shocked that Katya and Ephemera were sisters. What a bitch! *Pushes Ephemera off a cliff and sets her on fire* I can't believe she could treat her own sister that way. Poor Katya, I wish she would stick up for herself and call Ephemera out. I think Patrick would stand by her, because he's a good guy like that. Great chapter!!! I can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I enjoyed putting them all in one chapter. :D First, to make everyone drool, and second, to show that Patrick has strong support from his family even if he doesn't talk to them everyday.
      LMAO. Ephemera is a natural bully, and Katya's kindness just pisses Ephemera off. She wants Katya to live a little, but she's not going about it the right way. Katya seemed really docile around Ephemera because she's been there done that with her their whole life. It's really only the word "whore" that gets under her skin. Katya shot back a little bit, but she's not nearly as harsh as Ephemera is to her, so it can seem like she's not standing up for herself.
      Ephemera: *screams from the heat of the fire while falling*
      LOL, Ephemera's manipulative part of herself is going to do everything she can to not piss off Patrick because he's now the source of her paycheck.
      Thanks for the compliments and for commenting. :D

      Delete
  10. So, 1. Sexiness. Thank you for the absolute sexiness that is the Zenteri men. #yumyum
    2. I KNEW EPHEMERA was a BIOTCH!
    3. I totally didn't see that coming. Her sister?!!? Welp, that would explain the low self-esteem and the shyness.
    4. The fact that Katya has a "shyness" card is upsetting me. I still don't like her. She's too...soft.
    5. Patrick has a steady gig now! WHOOO!!! Very exciting.

    I think that's it for my reactions and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you are most welcome for the sexiness. :D
      LOL, yeah she is a total bitch. XD
      >:D I try my best not to be predictable. Katya does have a little bit of that low self-esteem after that incident in high school, but her shyness is just natural. It might be amplified because of the way she's been treated.
      Well, this generation is all about secrets, and that's Katya's. She wants to keep the peace between her and Patrick and she doesn't feel it's her place to meddle in his job or who he hires. As long as Ephemera continues to work with Patrick well, Katya will support Patrick. She does have a goody two shoes personality, which can be construed as wimpy at times. LOL.
      Patrick thanks you for your support. :)

      As do I. Thanks for your comments. XD

      Delete
  11. I'm glad that Patrick has a steady gig. =) Ephemera is horrible! You run away from your family and then act like a bitch to your sister who has gone through a lot... Also, I agree with Katya a bit; I don't think that's she back in town just because she got bored... I'm very curious about what'll happen when Patrick finds out.

    Great chapter! It was also awesome to see Max and Soleil again and find out that they're still as happy as ever. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee! Yes, Patrick is doing well now, and he's super excited. LOL, Ephemera is crazy, and she's definitely not in town because she's bored. Ephemera was looking for work because she needed a job, and it just so happened that at the same time, Katya started seeing Patrick.
      Mm yes, Max and Soleil are my happily ever after couple, LOL. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  12. AWE!!! SHE'S SO FRICKEN SWEET!! I LOVE YOU KATYA!!!

    SCREW YOU BIMBO!!! I DIDN'T LIKE YOU FROM THE START!!! what is her game anyway :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, Katya appreciates your love. :)
      ROFLL, Ephemera... she'll explain herself in another chapter. For now, she's just a bitch. XD

      Delete
  13. Man, just when I commented about honesty and trust in your last chapter, Katya has to go and keep the fact that Ephemera's her sister a secret from Patrick. If he only knew how badly she's been treating Katya, I bet she'd be fired immediately. Classic mean girl personality. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL this generation's theme is secrets... so it's fitting, eh? XD
      Ephemera may seem stereotypical here, but she has her reasons that she'll explain later. Not saying she's justified in treating Katya so rudely because that in itself is just wrong, but the reason she's doing it is deeper than her just being a typical mean girl.

      Delete
  14. OMG! I knew Katya and Ephemera looked similar lol. Or.....Am I still missing something??? It seems to me that they are full blood sisters so I'm just going to keep say that and you can correct me if I'm wrong :) But anyways Max and Soleil still look good together as they always did. It's nice that things are going well for Patrick, he's obviously good at tricking people. Ephemera is very...Harsh lol but oddly enough I'm kind of starting to like her, not as much as Katya though. It's obvious these girls have alot of family issues, I wonder why their parents divorced and if that was what made her mom become an alcoholic. I can't wait to see her other sister, I wonder if she favors Katya or Ephemera more or just hates them both. Ephemera was out of line, for calling Katya a whore but I wonder what she meant when she asked if Katya was still dealing with her "daddy issues" hmmm. This could potentially be good or bad for the both of them...They're going to be seeing each other alot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saying** omfg this auto correct is a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *slaps auto correct* LOL.

      Ephemera and Katya are indeed fully related sisters. Their parents are divorced because their mom became an alcoholic while they were married. The divorce didn't cause their mom to drink, their mom drank, and it caused the divorce. Their father didn't like it that their mom was neglecting her parenting responsibilities by going out drinking all the time. They have different last names because Ephemera changed her last name to their mother's maiden name, which I mentioned in the chapter. The sisters took sides in the divorce, Katya sided with her father, Ephemera with their mother, so that's why their names are different, and that also helped with me keeping the fact that they were sisters a secret until now.

      When Ephemera was talking about Katya's daddy issues, she was making fun of her for taking their dad's side in the divorce, and being a daddy's girl. They have unresolved issues between them, and since they're now going to see each other more often, they're going to have to deal with those issues whether they like it or not.

      Delete
  16. First, awww Patrick and Katya are soooo cute together! I <3 them! haha
    Second, yaaayyy! Family reunion!! How unexpected and exciting!! I love it! XD
    Third, OMFG?! Whaa?..They're sisters?? I did not see that. Urgh, Ephemera is such a hateful person. My blood was boiling as I was reading this and all the ugly things she was saying. To. Her. Own. SISTER!! *screams* And she's the one who started the whole, "Katya's a whore"-thing in school? Seriously?! Un-freakin'-believable.
    *Composes self* Wonderful chapter, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! Haha they're in love.
      IKR? I love the family reunion, LOL, they're all supporting Patrick cause they are proud of him.
      Yeah, they're sisters, and you weren't supposed to see that until this chapter LOL. So I have done my job well. XD Ephemera was really mean here, and yeah, to her own sister, but there is a lot of bad blood between them. Sometimes family is the one who hurts you the most, probably because they're the ones who are supposed to love you. Yeah, as a teenager, Ephemera was not very nice, she was already mad at Katya over their war with taking sides in their parents divorce, so she really didn't care about her in high school.
      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  17. You certainly don't keep your readers waiting -- which is so good!

    I have just commented in the previous episode that Katya and Ephemera looked too much alike -- to find out now that they are sisters.

    One author, and I can't remember who, said using coincidences to solve your characters problems is cheating. I was reading this other story and gave up, when the person writing it was abusing from coincidences to help her characters. But, has said the same author, it is perfectly ok to use coincidences to get your characters into trouble -- and that's what you do to perfection here.

    Max and Soleil still strike me as too perfect, and I recall that, if it weren't for Helena, nothing would have come out of their stories.

    Patrick and Katya are very different a generation, and carry tension and drama in their own personal stories, and are supported by great side characters -- and all so gorgeous looking too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, yes, I leave some things unanswered for a few chapters if they are crucial to something that will happen later on in the generation, but more often than not, I answer potential smaller mysteries in the immediate chapters. :) LOL, I made Ephemera and Katya look somewhat alike, and then gave them different last names to keep people wondering. Glad to see it paid off and that you enjoyed it. :)

      Aww, well thank you for that compliment. LOL. I feel that I try to make my writing realistic, and in real life, we get coincidences all the time, things that seemingly can't be explained, which we then construe as either coincidences, fate, destiny, or miracles. That's how I see it anyway.

      Max and Soleil were designed to be perfect, which is why I put Helena in as the wrench that kept trying to pull them apart. Putting Helena in was a choice I as an author made for my story because I wanted Max and Soleil to have this never ending romance that is rare these days. However, had Helena not been there, I would have made a different choice for that generation, I would not have let "nothing come out of their stories." That's not the way I write. Even if I have a seemingly perfect couple, I will write something else to cause conflict because without conflict, there is not much of a story.

      Yup, I also like variety in y stories, so each couple will be different in all the generations. Some, like Max and Soleil, will be more in tune with each other's feelings and have a lot more trust developed, while constantly supporting each other. Other couples, like Patrick and Katya, will be tense around each other and not be as strong personally as Max and Soleil were. Max and Soleil are both very confident people, and sure of themselves, which makes them so powerful as a couple in their love. Katya is insecure, and it shows with her unwillingness to tell Patrick in the car about things, instead choosing her "shy card." Patrick's generation is also about secrets too, so I designed most of the characters as having things they only tell certain people, which causes the tension that you are feeling. Thank you! LOL,

      Delete
  18. See knew she couldn't be trusted. I swear if she tries to move in on Patrick there will be hell to pay. Katya needs to tell Patrick the truth, no point in hiding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, well, she's good for the act, and she hasn't made any romantic moves on Patrick. Katya might tell him, but she didn't want to do it tonight. It was a can of worms she wasn't ready to open, especially on a night that was supposed to be a celebration.

      Delete
  19. Oh so they are sisters and my first impression of Ephemera was correct she is not to be trusted. I wonder why she is holding this grievance against Katya when it is her parents that she has a problem with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah they are sisters. On the surface, Ephemera is a bit mysterious and harsh, her reasons for her behavior towards Katya will be explained in a different chapter, so I won't say it in here. Their whole family life is very screwed up. Yes, it's her father she was upset with, but Katya played a part too.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com