Saturday, March 29, 2014

Patrick Eight: Learning Lessons

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! This is definitely not easy, Katya!"

Katya and I had gone to the beach together with some surfboards. She had been wanting to teach me how to surf, and I had finally decided to take a day off from practicing my new trick. We were hanging out in the shallow end, a few feet from the shore, and I was trying to balance on the surfboard. It was surprisingly more difficult than it looked, and there was barely a ripple in the ocean. I kept feeling like I was going to fall as the water moved underneath the board. It probably didn't help that I'd never done anything like this before, and my balance wasn't used to it.


Katya crouched near me and held the top of the surfboard, steadying it. She looked up at me with her pretty blue eyes and smiled.

"Patrick? Look at me. Stop thinking that you're going to fall. Bend your knees, and if you sway, hold your arms out to balance yourself. The water will keep the board afloat."


I nodded at Katya and tried to follow her instructions. Once she saw that I had regained some of my balance and had gotten my bearings back, she gave the board a little push and I went further out into the water. The ripples started getting a little rougher, even though from shore they didn't look that large. Katya got on her board and paddled out to where I was, then stood up effortlessly.

"How are you doing?"

"Not bad. This is pretty fun."

"Staying low will help the wind not catch you and tip you over."


I did as Katya said and raised my arms out from my sides when I felt like I was going to fall and bent my knees. We surfed out a a bit further, and I was starting to get a little more comfortable. I looked over at Katya, and admired her skimpy bikini. My mind went in the gutter when she surfed in front of me and I checked out her ass. I was too distracted by it apparently because that's when I fell. Katya came over to me and helped me back on the board. We ended up heading back to shore after that, and I paddled my way back. We took our boards out of the water and I grabbed Katya around the waist, looking down at her adorable face. She closed her eyes and puckered her lips at me, so I gave her a kiss.


"What do you want to do now, sexy?"

Katya blushed when I swooned over her. Even though we had been going out for two months now, she still wasn't used to me complimenting her. She said that the only person who was really nice to her was her father, and that Ephemera was her estranged sister, whom she had always had a strained relationship with. We decided to head up to the clubhouse on the beach and grab something to eat before going back to my house. I made us some hot dogs, while Katya sat on the couch next to the grill.


"So how did I do for being a first time surfer?"

"You did pretty well, actually. You take instruction well and you're great at applying what you've learned to the situation."

I saw Katya out of my peripheral vision and she was sitting on the couch with a dreamy look in her eyes. I wondered if she was checking me out. After we ate the hot dogs, we decided to go back and sit on the couch. I put my arm around her, and she opened her eyes wide as if she wasn't expecting it.

"Oh! Patrick."


"What's going on, Katya? We've been dating for two months now. Surely you'd be used to me hugging you, right?"

"Yeah, I just... you've never asked me to be exclusive, and I guess I'm nervous."

"All right, well, Katya, will you be mine? I'm not seeing anyone else, and I really like you."

Katya smiled and relaxed her small frame, resting her head against my shoulder. I wondered why she was so nervous, but I figured it was just because she was shy, as she'd told me many times before. I hoped she knew that I wouldn't deliberately hurt her.


"Patrick? The first time we went out, you said you wanted to be cautious about having a relationship. Why is that? Did someone break your heart?"

"No, my aunt and uncle had a tumultuous marriage and I didn't want to be like that."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry. Sometimes I wondered why they even got married. From the outside, it didn't seem like they were ever really in love."

"I want a love like your parents' love. I noticed the way your parents look at each other, the day we went to eat dinner with them."

"I'd like that too."


Katya looked up at me, and I couldn't stop thinking how much I loved her eyes. They were so big and blue, and perfect for her adorable face. I had always imagined myself being involved with someone who was a supermodel or actress, just because of what I did for a living, but as I looked at Katya, I found that she was sexy in her own way. She might not have been as glamorous as the girls I'd pictured myself with, but somehow it didn't matter. I thought in my mind that maybe this was what it felt like to fall in love. I moved my face closer to hers and she leaned in, allowing me to kiss her. I peppered her lips softly with mine, and started sucking on her bottom lip, running my tongue along it. Katya sighed, and I put my tongue gently in her mouth. For all the times we'd kissed, it had always been a closed mouth kiss. I was starting to think she didn't like me that much, but her statement just now about wanting a love and then wanting me to tell her she was my girlfriend made me feel pretty confident.


"NO!"

Katya pushed on my forehead and gave me a dirty look. I grimaced, unsure of why she was being so standoffish after what I thought was a confession of feeling comfortable with me.

"What's wrong? I thought you wanted to kiss me."

"I don't want to kiss like... that. It's too fast. We've only been going out two months."

"But I'm sure I want to date you, I'm not kissing anyone else, I promise."

"That's not the point, Patrick. I don't want to take that step yet."


As I looked at Katya, I felt sad that I had somehow broken her trust. I wasn't even sure what had gone wrong. I guess it was possible she felt like I might have been trying to force myself on her, so I asked her and she said no, she knew I wasn't doing that. Why was she thinking that a French kiss equaled automatic jumping into bed?

"What are you talking about? It's just a kiss!"

"No, it's not. That... kind of kissing leads to sex, and I'm not ready for sex."

I didn't know what to say to her, so I simply hung my head as Katya looked away from me, feeling defeated. So far this relationship stuff was proving to be harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I was reading Katya wrong, and she didn't like me as much as I thought. I tried to think about the sweet things she had said to me earlier, but then I started second guessing myself, she had just said she wanted a love like my parents' love, not that she wanted that love with me.


I kept my arm around her shoulder and looked down at the ground, resting my other hand on my thigh. Katya remained still and silent. I was glad she wasn't pushing me away anymore, but I knew this date was over. I was angry, not so much at Katya, since I knew she had that bad experience, but at myself, for trying to take too much from her. I was also angry that I didn't know what to do right now.

"Patrick, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, me too."

Katya and I went our separate ways, without really talking about anything that had happened. I knew I wanted to cool down some before trying to talk to her again. I guessed that she probably needed time as well. I made a mental note that if I still wanted to date her, I should be more patient. I wasn't really sure how much time she would need to stop being so skittish, or if she would even get to that point. Maybe she wasn't the girl for me. I really didn't know. I went to the one person I knew who could help me sort out my dilemma, my dad.


I knocked on the door and Dad invited me in to sit on the couch with him.

"You remodeled the house, it looks nice."

"Thanks. How are you?"

"I had a date with Katya, but it ended wierdly. She taught me how to surf and everything was going great, but then she got mad when I tried to French kiss her. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, since she has no problem kissing me. It's always been closed mouth though, so I don't know. I guess I have no idea what that means, but I feel like she doesn't like me or something."


Dad got a contemplative look on his face as I was describing what had happened with Katya, like he was deep in thought.

"Hmm... did you stop when she told you to?"

"Well, she pushed me on my forehead, and said no, after which yes, I did stop. I didn't try to kiss her anymore, but then I just didn't know what to do. I got frustrated, so we just ended the date."

"Did she explain why she didn't want you to kiss her? Like she doesn't want to be serious with you? If that's the case, then maybe you should just end things with her."


"Well, that's why I'm really confused. She wanted me to say we were an exclusive couple, which I did, cause realistically, we are, even if I hadn't said it yet to her. She said French kissing always leads to sex, and she didn't want sex. I feel like she was giving me mixed signals, and I didn't know what to do."

"I think you did the correct thing by stopping when she asked you to. Everyone likes to be respected, and not pushing when it comes to the physical parts of a relationship gains you brownie points in a girl's eyes. I don't blame you one bit for being frustrated and angry about it, confused even. Women can be complicated, and it might seem like she doesn't like you, but there's probably an underlying reason she's afraid of French kissing."


Hmm... well I knew that since Katya had been taken advantage of in high school, that's probably why she was afraid of sex, but that's not what I was trying to do, I had just wanted to make out with my girlfriend a little bit. Maybe this was all just a big misunderstanding. I hoped that she believed me that day I told her I would never force myself on her because it was true, I would never think of doing that to anyone. I supposed I could see how she might have thought I wanted sex from her, after all, I am a guy, and I think about it a lot. Ever since I'd started going out with Katya, I had been going through a bit of a dry spell, which was the cause of my frustration. Talking to Dad had made me feel so much better, and I knew I could always count on him.


"Were you ever unsure whether Mom liked you or not?"

"Yeah, when we first started going out. Your mom wasn't the relationship type, so I wondered if she would even want to be serious with me."

"How did you guys get to the point you are now?"

"Honesty. We talk about everything. It turns out your mom also wondered if I would ever be serious with her, since I wasn't the relationship type either. I'd never have gotten her if I hadn't been brave and asked her about it, point blank. Not to change the subject, but do you want some dessert? I have some key lime pie in the kitchen. We can keep talking in there, if you'd like."

I followed Dad into the kitchen and sat at the counter, while he got the pie out of the refrigerator.


"Patrick, are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking. I've never done this relationship thing before, and I don't know what I want. I don't know if she broke up with me since we didn't really plan another date, and everything was just so awkward. I think it's part of her personality, though, the first time I went out with her, she asked me a wierd question, so I've kind of gotten used to that about her, but feeling like I'm in limbo is just irritating."


Dad looked at me with his intense light green eyes. I loved talking to him because I always felt like he was really listening to me, and I knew he cared a lot.

"Well, my advice to you about that is to wait a day or two, then go to Katya and apologize. Flowers would be a good thing too, but the main thing is to just be genuine. If you still want to go out with her, she needs to know you care enough about her to be humble. Don't rehash the incident as far as playing the blame game, both of you had a part in the misunderstanding, but don't point it out to her, or she'll feel like you're accusing her and that's not going to go well for you."

"How do I talk about it to her, and clear the air?"


"Listen to what she says. I guarantee you when you go over and just simply apologize to her, she'll appreciate it. After that, she'll feel more comfortable with you, and if she still likes you, she'll probably tell you what was bothering her. Just support what she says, and you guys will be fine."

"I hope you're right, Dad. Everything you said makes complete sense, but Katya can be out of the ordinary sometimes."

"Of course, remember that I'm generalizing, Patrick. Everyone's different, but the simple principles of respect and humility are appreciated by most people."


It was getting late, so I gave Dad a hug and thanked him for giving me all the advice he did. I was still frustrated, but I was no longer confused. I rolled my window down, and felt the cool Silicon Shores breeze blow into the car. I calmed down a lot, admiring the palm trees passing as I drove by them. Driving always made me feel better, and there was something about it that always made me feel peaceful. This was the perfect ending to a not so perfect day.

32 comments:

  1. that father son talk was so cute. maximus is really wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey terrika! Mm-hmm, Maximus is super smart, and he loves his son a lot. :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. aww I miss Max - those eyes kill me!!
    Poor Patrick I'm not surprised he is confused!! I hope he takes Max's advice and their next meeting goes a lot better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aww, I miss Max too, and he does have super gorgeous eyes!
      LOL, girls are confusing... XD
      Patrick looks up to his father, so he takes his advice seriously. He'll definitely remember what Max said the next time he sees Katya.

      Delete
  3. Maximus <33333
    I really hope Patrick takes his dad's advice and works things out with katya! I really like katya she's a cool character. I also like how Patrick knows that ephemera is her sister, I was afraid that it would be a big secret, great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Maximus, he's so special. :) I enjoy putting him in little spots in generation 2.
      Patrick thinks Max is a role model for him, so he will remember what he said when he sees Katya again. XD I'm glad you like Katya, she can be awkward and nervous, but deep down she just wants to be loved. LOL. Haha, yeah, Katya was okay telling Patrick that Ephemera is related to her. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. And that's why I love Max XD. Even if Katya is that scarred, she should slowly let loose a bit. I feel like she trusts Patrick, but not to that point. Poor Patrick. Great chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes Max is smart, and helpful. You're right, Katya will eventually figure out she can trust Patrick, it's taking her a little bit to get used to. She needs to just spend more time with him and get to know him a little better. Two months may be a long time for some people, but not for Katya. Once she lets her guard down some, she'll feel better. Haha yeah, Patrick had a bad day, poor baby. LOL. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  5. I love how Pat turns to his dad for advice on love matters. Seriously, old man Max and Soleil can be proud of themselves, they raised their kid well ^^
    Katya... hm. I think she is a little overly cautious here. Reading her reaction to "this kind of kissing" I was oddly reminded of Pat's wacko aunt *shivers* I sincerely hope she will not go down that road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Patrick loves his parents a lot, and he often seeks out their help because he knows they will always try their best.
      Katya has many insecurities that I'm going to touch on a little bit in the next chapter. The little bit here, the "this kissing leads to sex" is a trigger for her, it reminded her of how she was taken advantage of. Sadly that incident is still a problem point for her. LOL, yeah she does have some similarities to Helena... creeeeeeepy. XD
      Thanks for reading anna! :)

      Delete
  6. Awww Max. He's such a good dad. I loved the father and son moment. Seeing Patrick trying to surf was cute. I was a little distracted cause he looked so hot on his surfboard. LOL

    *Shakes head* Katya....I like her, but damn. It was a simple kiss. He wasn't trying to massacre your face with his tongue or anything. *Raises hand* "Patrick, I volunteer to take her place!"

    I felt awful for Patrick in this chapter being rejected for a simple kiss. He really seems to like her, and he's such a great guy. I wonder what Katya's deal is...cause that was....weird (But in a good way cause now I want to know what her deal is)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, Max tries to do his best with whatever he's given, and he loves being there for Patrick. Aww haha, I love Patrick's tattoos... I am glad you liked the surfing part, I wanted to let them have a different date that wasn't just dinner and a movie, or the other typical dates.

      LOL Katya has a lot of issues, one which is needing to move desperately slow. I agree with you, it was a simple kiss, and I guess I too am not needing to move "that" slow with a potential boyfriend, let alone someone I'd been seeing for two months.

      Patrick thanks you for your sympathy, he also thought it was a simple kiss. Katya's the first girl he's wanted to keep around, someone he's willing to try for, even when she is a bit strange. I'm going to discuss a bit of Katya's deal in the next chapter. :D

      Delete
  7. Wtf is wrong with you, Katya? Who wouldn't make out with Patrick!? LOL It does make me wonder what the big deal was, though, and why a slightly more passionate kiss would make her freak out. She's a puzzling one, that Katya.
    Eeeeeeee Maxxxx hahaha *hugs* I liked their talk, it was nice seeing him again and it was nice seeing him help out Patrick to the best of his abilities. I hope his advise works and Katya doesn't get offended the next time they try to talk :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL there are... a LOT of things wrong with Katya. I'll go into more of that next chapter, XD. Apparently Patrick was moving too fast for her since she's terrified of passionate kissing and that it will lead to sex, which she hasn't had the best experience with.
      Max: *hugs back*
      LOL I loved going to his house again and taking pictures of him. He loves Patrick a lot and he's definitely tried his best to tell Patrick how to handle his problem. Yeah I hope so too, that Katya listens to what he has to say. o.O

      Delete
  8. I agree with MrsOogieBoogie! I know she has reservations but. . .He's HOT, and sweet, and caring, and HOT! Oh well, I just hope that they eventually talk through this so that he understands what's up with her and she can relax a little.

    Not only did we get to see Max again, but we got to see his newly renovated house!! Doubles Score! I Just love seeing the two of them together. I don't know where to look! They have a great relationship! I'm glad that they talk to each other about those kinds of things.

    *sighs with contentment while looking at Max and Patrick again* :D Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I agree too, I'd never act that way around Patrick. Now that he's got some advice from Max, he'll figure out a way to talk to Katya again. He likes her too much to not talk to her,
      Haha, I enjoyed remodeling his house. Glad you enjoyed it. I also couldn't stop taking pictures of them together LOL. They do have a fully functioning relationship, they both know they're there for each other. Patrick had no doubts about who he wanted to talk to about his problems.
      Thank you for reading, sandybeachgirl! :)

      Delete
  9. Katya is very nervous and with some girls that is true. I mean sometimes I get the impression is a virgin and that why she backs off but at other times just nerves.
    Patrick's Dad is right talk to her to see if there is an underlining issue and reassure her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is nervous, she's not a virgin, since her date rape incident, but she acts like she is because she doesn't know sex can be fun.
      Max always has good smart things to say, that's why Patrick went straight to him.
      Thanks for reading and commenting Lckygrl! :)

      Delete
  10. lol. I'm glad Max had such good pointers about relationships - but what would he know about NOT having sex. lol

    Just kidding -pleasedon'tkillme!

    It's too bad that Katya acted that way, but I'm glad she spoke up if she wasn't familiar with it... But, she does seem a little childish... I feel like she's sheltered herself too much - hiding from experiences and being afraid of people... Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to trivialize what she's gone through or anything..... I don't know what I'm trying to say. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOooo. You're right, Max is much more proficient in knowing about sex, but let's face it, he is a father now, and he has to try to give advice to his son about things to the best of his abilities, even things he's not technically an expert in. I don't know anything about being a parent because I am not one, but I would think that parents would have situations like this, where their child has an experience they have never had, and they have to help their child as much as they can by speaking to the situation rather than from experience.

      Hmm, actually I think your thoughts are pretty insightful. You're the first one who has questioned Katya's feelings and found that she could be letting fear stand in her way, rather than feeling bad for her outright. For a twenty-one year old woman, she is acting a little bit like a teenager when it comes to sex, and kissing, and whatever, all that stuff. LOL. Her experience stunted her, so now she's having to learn and go through things the "right way" with a nice guy, but not understanding it completely, and therefore, acting strangely or seemingly childish. She never grew up in that area of her life, so it's causing issues now.

      Delete
  11. I was glad to see that Katya told Patrick that Ephemera is her sister. At least she didn't keep it a secret from him.

    After two months of being with Patrick, I was a little surprised that Katya was so adamant about drawing the line at french kissing. I know she's had a traumatic experience, but Patrick has been nothing but a gentleman to her, and we're talking about kissing -- not sex. I hope she'll be able to see that not all men are evil. Patrick was smart to go to Max for advice. His parents had a great relationship, so Max must've done something right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the reason Katya didn't tell Patrick the night at the restaurant was because she didn't want to ruin Patrick's night by making it all about her. Today now that they were just hanging out, was a good time to tell him some more stuff.

      Well, some people are kind of prudish, LOL, and Katya is. I agree, two months, and French kissing a guy is completely fine, even a little late for me, to be starting that sort of kissing. Katya thinks that French kissing leads to sex, so the fact that she equates it to something that can lead to sex is why she drew the line. She wanted to be ready for sex before she started going down a road she couldn't come back from, and she's just not ready yet.

      Patrick is very lucky that his parents have such a great relationship because now he can learn from the masters, LOL.

      Delete
  12. Well that was awkward lol
    I can feel the burn and I'm not even Patrick xD
    But yeah Katya needs to get used to him but I'm sure she will come around pretty soon. It's pretty sad how Helena's relationship made Patrick think differently about being in love but Helena was just plain weird so I don't think he should be worrying about having a relationship like hers.
    Poor Patrick is all confused now lol but I can kind of understand Katya's view on everything, she's just a girl with a scars. She just had a moment when she started thinking about her rape incident. I don't think she doesn't like Patrick, she just needs time. I love max, their conversation was so sweet. "Women can be complicated" lol that sure is true. Max was honest about how things used to be when he first got with Soleil, what a good dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely awkward, LOL.
      Well, that's good then, it means I wrote it well enough that you felt what Patrick was feeling.
      Katya got triggered from the French kiss, and she doesn't know how to be with a normal guy right now, so she got scared. The only thing she's ever known is someone who forced her to have sex after French kissing her, so it's just something she has to learn.

      Patrick's perceptive, so he noticed things about how Helena treated Dustin, and especially how he wasn't sure if they were in love. Now that Katya is acting strange, and he himself doesn't know what love really is, he's afraid of him and Katya having a relationship that's bad, even if it's not identical to Helena and Dustin's.

      Uh huh, Katya needs time and courage. She needs to realize that Patrick means her no harm, and he is a completely different kind of guy than Tyler was. Max is awesome, I loved putting him in this generation even though his is over now. One of Max's qualities I made sure that he is very passionate about is honesty, and he's especially honest with his family first and foremost.

      Delete
  13. Ah Max, look at you giving all that wonderful advice to your son. Really liked reading their little father-son bonding time. :)
    Oh, Katya. I feel for her. That poor girl. I feel that the stigma from her rape and what she endured in school is still very much an issue for her despite her regular therapy sessions. I can see how she would associate french kissing and sex because of her past, but she's really going to need to come to realize that they're not always linked. And Patrick really cares for her and will be supportive, but I think she just needs to work her way over that hurtle before they can continue on. I hope that they do. I love them together. Gosh, they're both so darn beautiful!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay, I love writing the father son talks with the previous heir and the current heir. It's just so nostalgic and awesome. LOL. Glad you enjoyed it.
      IKR? Katya has been through a lot, and she's healing, but sex still scares the shit out of her, even though she likes Patrick and she does feel safe with him. She's just got that emotional trigger, so it's like, she's not blaming Patrick, she just remembered bad things when he Frenched her. Aww, LOL, thanks. :D

      Delete
  14. What caught my attention is that Patrick already knows about the siblings - 'Ephemera was her estranged sister, whom she had always had a strained relationship with'

    Slowly, the couple is clearing their issues to get together, and that is nice. Patrick is enduring his sexual fast for two months already, that is amazing for a young guy like him.

    It also strikes me that he is careful about relationships because of Helena, when he had a very strong and intense example of the opposite right at home -- the enduring love of his parents. I am guessing it is much more because of the tragedy it led to than the relationship in itself that impresses him.

    Girls are complicated, and a pain oftentimes. Kissing with closed mouths? How is that supposed to be? So my suggestion is Patrick drives right away to Emmanuel, and tries with him. They are best friends already, and they will make a lovely couple -- partners in bed and in profession. Okay, I am just fantasizing and I know it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote meant that Katya has told him that Ephemera is her sister. Katya didn't tell him that day they all went out to dinner, but she told him like a week after the dinner. Patrick did not know that Ephemera was her sister when he hired her.

      Yeah, he is not enjoying his dry spell at all, but he's trying to endure it because he really does feel like Katya is someone he wants to try to be with. People do crazy things for love. LOL.

      Okay, this part I feel like I should clear up with you.
      Yes, Patrick had the example of his parents' love, which he absolutely adores 100%. Patrick's parents are soulmates, and that is something that is extremely rare to find. In a sense, Patrick's holding his parents' love on a pedestal somewhat, he wants what they have, but he is having a difficult time finding it. He is impressed by the relationship because it is so wonderful, not because of whatever tragedy it led to. He's impressed that his mom and dad talk to each other about everything rationally, and they have complete trust in each other. Sure, his parents get into little fights, but every couple does that, the difference with his parents is they always make up with each other and they don't let resentment build up. He mentions Helena's relationship because it traumatized the shit out of him. Patrick has seen both extremes of romance, which might have been bad for him because he's not realizing he can find something in the middle, that might still be good.

      I agree with that, girls are complicated and a pain. LOL. I know, right? Kissing with closed mouths seems so... like how little kids would kiss each other, when they first discover kissing. LOL. In a way Katya is a little kid somewhat, she's very naive when it comes to romance, and she's just scared of everything, even if Patrick has told her multiple times that he isn't going to force anything on her.

      LOL, you know, I had thought about Patrick and Emmanuel getting together while I was writing this generation, but I decided against it because I want to do another generation where the heir is gay. I didn't want to have two heirs be gay, so I kept Patrick straight and didn't delve into any bisexual stuff. LOL. Perhaps they could be lovers in an alternate universe, I had often wondered what their genetics would create as far as Sim babies go. LOL.

      Delete
  15. Oh wow. Ok so Katya doesn't want deep kisses because she equates it with her rape. I hope they can talk about it.

    I loved the father son talk. That was sweet and I'm glad that Patrick knew he could go and talk to his father about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Katya's easily spooked, like a deer in headlights. LOL. It would be good for their relationship if they could talk about it, especially since she's already told him that she got raped.
      Thanks, I am glad. I had a lot of fun writing the talk between Patrick and Max, and yeah, Max and Soleil raised Patrick to know they would always be there for him with whatever problems he has.

      Delete
  16. Katya still has some trust issues but she also has to learn that making out doesn't always lead to sex. I do hope that she is still in therapy because clearly she still needs it. Patrick is going to have to go at a slower pace with her and will have to be more patient.

    I do like that he went home and talked to his father. Max gave him some good advice and I loved seeing their scene together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she has major problems, and you are correct. It's all about the people who are making out, not the make out itself. Some guys may be jerks and use making out as a tool to get sex, but Katya has to learn that Patrick is a nice guy and he would never take advantage of a girl like that. LOL yeah she's still in therapy, I just don't show it in the chapters because a lot of her issues that she discusses with her therapist, are what I show when she deals with other characters. It would be like a repeat of the same issues, so I chose to just show the daily life portion rather than the therapy sessions. Patrick has learned a lot from his father, who has proven to be a wise man, even though he started out being a playboy. Patrick and his dad have a very good relationship, and he has learned to go slower with her because she's so jittery.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com