Thursday, January 16, 2014

Patrick Three: Unexpected Romance


"And is this your card?"

"Oh my god, yes! That's amazing!"


I grinned at the cute girl standing in front of me outside the grocery store. I had been doing some small tricks for tips, as I often did when I wanted some fresh air. My aversion to going outside had passed somewhat as I grew up, and now at the age of twenty-two, my fear of being kidnapped had long since subsided. I still didn't love the outdoors, but it was tolerable, and I found that I did enjoy the sunshine. I packed up my cards, putting them in the box and then into my back pocket. The girl was still there, even though the rest of the crowd had dissipated.


I looked at her blonde hair and casual outfit, feeling an attraction to her that surprised me. Up until now, I hadn't really wanted to date anyone, choosing to just have the occasional one night stand, but this cute girl was different. I remember thinking Ephemera was pretty, but the way she treated me left me disliking her. This girl, though, with her blue eyes and enthusiasm for my mini show made me feel like she appreciated what I had to offer. I thought I'd take a chance and ask her out.

"Um, sorry if this is really forward, but do you want to grab a coffee with me? I mean, that is, if you drink coffee?"

The girl tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled shyly at me. I was hoping she would say yes. 


"Yeah, I'd love to. My name is Katya."

"Katya. That's really pretty. Just like you."

Katya blushed a bright pink, and touched my arm. I smiled to myself. Even though I didn't flirt very often, I always had a lot of fun doing it... I guess I got it from my dad. I meant what I said though, I did think Katya was pretty with her cute blonde hair loosely tied in front of her chest, and her laid-back brightly colored outfit. She reminded me of a surfer girl, and I guessed that she probably grew up on the beach.


"Awesome. Do you want to walk there? It's nice out."

"Yeah, sure."

"Do you surf, Katya? You have a little bit of a tan."

Using my peripheral vision, I saw Katya blush, look at me, and then smile.

"Yes, actually, I do. I grew up by the beach, and was always in love with the ocean. You're very perceptive, Patrick."

I grinned, enjoying that I was able to flatter Katya while impressing her at the same time.


The rest of our short walk to the coffeehouse was spent joyfully talking to each other, mostly about the beach and how we both enjoyed growing up in Silicon Shores. When we arrived at the coffeehouse, I stopped at the bottom of the steps before going in.

"Ladies first."

I smiled at Katya, while gesturing for her to climb up the stairs. Then I followed close behind her and reached for the door handle just as she got to the door, opening it for her.

"Thank you, Patrick, you are quite the gentleman."


Once inside, we order our drinks, her a skinny cinnamon dulce, and I a caramel macchiato. The cashier asks if we are paying separately or together, and Katya reaches to pull our her wallet, but I stop her. I tell the cashier together, and hand him some cash. Katya smiles and plays with a strand of her hair. I can't help but think she's adorable. We wait for our coffees and when they're done, we find a place to sit at one of the tables, sitting across from each other.


"Thank you for the coffee, Patrick."

"You're welcome. Thanks for coming here with me."

Katya has her arms in front of her on the table, and she's staring at me with a cute smile on her face. I'm taking note of how often she's been smiling at me since I started talking to her and it's been quite a few. I'm delighted that she is having a good time.

"What else should I know about the mysterious Patrick Hunt?"


"What else do you want to know?"

"How many girlfriends have you had?"

Katya's question catches me a little bit off guard, but I have no doubts that I want to answer it truthfully. 

"None. I haven't really gotten serious with anyone... ever."

"Is there a reason for that?"

"No one's really made me want to spend huge amounts of time with them."


I look over to the left, feeling a little like she's interrogating me. Calm down, Patrick, she probably just wants to know if you're good for a second date. I end up thinking that I don't really know why I never asked any of the girls I took home with me to be my girlfriend. Did I just not want a girlfriend because I was afraid of having a relationship that turned out like Uncle Dustin's? I liked Katya enough to hang out with her and talk, but I didn't want to freak her out with such deep personal information about me. It was confusing me that she would ask such a serious question at this time. Wasn't this just coffee?

"I'm sorry, Patrick, I've made you uncomfortable. Sometimes I'm awkward when I talk to guys. I only ever grew up with sisters, and they were always telling me of their many problems with their boyfriends, so I didn't start dating till I was in my late teens. It's made me want to know stuff like that about a potential guy before I get too serious."


"Um, it's okay, Katya. I understand you wanting to be cautious about relationships. I do too... want to be cautious about relationships, that is."

We finish drinking our coffee, walk out of the coffeehouse, and now I'm unsure what to do. On the occasions when I did pick up a girl, we'd usually go to my place, have sex, and then she'd leave in the morning. I didn't want to do that to Katya, however.

"Katya, do you want me to take you to your house? Like walk you home, or hail you a cab or something?"

"You said you have a beach house too, right?"

"Yes."


"Our houses are probably close to each other then, we can share a cab and then go for a walk on the beach, if you want to hang out with me some more, that is, I mean, I'm sorry I made things awkward, I wouldn't blame you if you just wanted to be rid of me."

Katya's words jumbled together and she spoke at double speed, looking back and forth from me to the sidewalk as if she didn't think I wanted her to look at me anymore. She nervously twisted a strand of her hair around her finger, and I felt like it was something she did when she was unsure of herself. I could tell she had embarrassed herself, but I didn't think she should be thrown to the side because of it. I put my hand on her shoulder and smiled to let her know I didn't want to 'be rid of her.'


"I'd love to go for another walk with you."

We share a cab and I make a mental note to pick my car up from the grocery store where I left it this afternoon. As we get closer to the beach, Katya leans into my shoulder in the cab, snuggling against me. 


Once we're at the beach, I realize I do love the cool breeze as it gently blows across my skin. If I walk close enough to the shore I can sometimes feel water droplets hit my skin as they're picked up by the breeze. I'm very glad I moved to the beach. I prefer it to the hustle and bustle of downtown Silicon Shores. It's fine for work if I have to go downtown, but I very much enjoy the serenity of living by the water front. I feel Katya's hand as she intertwines her fingers through mine and we continue walking.


We follow the sand until it meets up to a path atop a small hill, and arrive at a large, modern looking house with fountains along the front walk. Katya stops walking and smiles.

"Okay, this is me."

"Good night, beautiful Katya. We can do this again if you'd like."

Katya stands in front of me, close enough to me that I could kiss her, but I'm trying to gauge her expression and if she even wants that. She puts her hands on my chest and looks into my eyes.


"I'd love to go on a second date with you, handsome Patrick."

After she says my name and calls me handsome, she remains standing there in front of me, unmoving. She leans her forehead against mine and breathes quietly, waiting. I bring my arms up around the small of her back and pull her to me.

Then I kiss her.


40 comments:

  1. Awww, even when both of them are a little weary of relationships, they managed to have a good night together and Patrick even got a kiss! ;D Yayyeee!
    Katya's so sweet and cute, I adore her already. I really love the picture of their backs as they're walking down the beach, the angle is perfect and so pretty with a romantic feel!
    Can't wait to see where their relationship goes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they both have some baggage, maybe not in the traditional sense of a past lover has hurt them, but because they've had people they've known go through hell. Patrick kept his calm since he's pretty level headed, even when Katya made things awkward. He was able to see past that since he knows people aren't perfect, and managed to salvage the night. Katya is adorable, I had a lot of fun making her, LOL, and I don't often say that about Sim girls. *fives Katya*
      Aww thank you! I love the beach for romance, I think in my brain I associate those two things together. <3 I'm also trying to remember that I don't always have to take a picture of the front of the Sims for the picture to look cool. LOL.
      I shall have to see where I decide to take their relationship... :D there is that other girl wandering around somewhere... Haha.
      Thanks for reading and commenting, MrsOogie Boogie!

      Delete
  2. *Squeal* I had been missing this story and missing Patrick! What a great chapter! Katya is adorable, and seems very very sweet, although maybe a tad bit paranoid like she could become jealous sometime in the future. I dunno, that's the vibe I got kind of. I have a feeling Epthemera isn't out of the picture yet either. Ahhh!!! The scene while walking on the beach was amazing. That house on the cliff was gorgeous! Loved the entire chapter. Love Patrick. Love that you made refrences to Max too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Yay, haha, it pleases me greatly that you missed this! :) I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. Katya is very cute, I had great fun making her, and I don't say that about girl Sims... like... ever. LOL. Her "how many girlfriends" does potentially hint at possible jealous tendencies, we'll have to see where I decide to take it though. >:D Yup, Ephemera is out there wandering around doing who knows what. LOL. Well thank you, I love the beach, it's just so pretty. I love Starlight Shores, it's so good for houses like that one on the cliff. I would love to live in a house like that someday. Mm yes, I may not have gone into a whole lot of detail as far as Max and Patrick's relationship, but Patrick does think about Max often.

      Delete
  3. Eek! Patrick found love. I hope it lasts :D Katya is indeed cute. I can't wait for the next chapt. I hope Katya and Patrick stay together and their relationship advances without too much trouble. But since they already had their first kiss, it's something minor/important at the same time. Still though, a relationship early on can lead to devastating heart breaks. I'll see what happens. I am excited for the next chapter, but I know Patrick has a good heart so he do something rash and hurt her. I can also tell Katya is innocent, but everything will unravel... Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I don't know about love quite yet, but he definitely did find attraction. XD Thanks, I enjoyed making Katya, I even tried to find "cute" outfits for her so I could dress her in outfits that would match her personality. Hmm... if only life would do that... letting things develop without causing trouble that is, LOL. Given how Patrick handled Katya's initial freak out at the coffeehouse, he isn't going to run as his first reaction. For now, they're just going to try dating and nothing's become exclusive yet, so I wouldn't worry too much about heartbreak this early on. :D Hopefully their past experiences with those people they know who've had bad relationships won't affect them later on in the future.

      Delete
  4. Loved this chapter! If Katya does end up being the one for Patrick, I love how different the personalities are for this generation. I do also have some reservations like Amandra does. Her initial question of number of girlfriends leads me to believe she might have a few boyfriends cheat on her and him being in the spotlight might cause some tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Katya's question of "how many girlfriends" is one that could lead to some problems if jealousy creeps up, or it could be nothing and she was just curious, liking to know about a guy's past before she decides if she will date them. I'm not one to really care about past, but I know some girls do care, and sadly that can affect potential relationships. I love writing and exploring different personality types, it challenges me a lot as a writer. :)

      Delete
  5. Eee this chapter was so cute! I'm surprised at Patrick's choice of girl. I thought he would go for someone who was a bit dark and mysterious but they complement each other well so far in their differences and similarities. :) I wonder if Katya has seen and experienced her fair share of players to make her cautious of love. Great pics in this chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) LOL, I created Katya and then made up her personality, rather than the other way around, and she turned out super cute and adorable. Patrick likes people who appreciate him, and Katya's excitement at his sidewalk show drew him to her. Katya has heard horror stories from her sisters about terrible relationships, so she's trying to be careful with her own love life.
      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. Aww! =) Katya seems adorable, but I can't help think that she was hurt in the past, hence her questions for Patrick. If she was, hopefully it won't have a negative impact on the chance of them having a more serious relationship. This was such a cute chapter and I'm eager to see how their relationship will progress! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya is adorable. LOL. She's seen others close to her get hurt, so she knows that it's a possibility, and she's now extra cautious. Her questions were her way of protecting herself from potentially getting into something she might not have wanted. She liked Patrick's honesty in his answer, so she's going to stick around. I'm excited to write more about them!

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  7. Ahhh, Patrick, Patrick, Patrick! Be still my heart. Katya seems okay, her questions threw me off too, so I'm holding judgement for a while on that one.

    Disclaimer: I totally stole all of Patrick's looks for my Sim Anthony. Well, stole is a bit much, his hair is the same, although a different color, and he's very much emo in clothing style. I have a character spotlight up if you want to verify.

    Anyway, great chapter. I'm very happy to read more about Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm happy you like Patrick so much. Katya was being awkward, LOL, she's heard horror stories from her sisters about terrible relationships, so it's made her be kind of paranoid when she tries to date people. There's a possibility she might have a jealous streak, or she might just be trying to protect herself from getting hurt. She did apologize profusely, since she knew she made Patrick feel wierd, so she's not a vindictive or mean person.

      LOL I'm glad you like that hair so much. It is pretty sexy.

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
    2. LOL. So, that's why I immediately thought of Tony when I first saw Patrick. They're nearly doppelgangers! Both cutie-pies.

      Delete
    3. LOL, very true, alike in looks, but different in personalities. XD

      Delete
  8. Katya is so adorable and Patrick is going to find himself wanting to spend more and more time with this beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, he probably will. Katya's a good change from Ephemera. ROFL.

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  9. Yeah a new chapter! Patrick and Katya are adorable together. Although Katya seems be a bit awkward with her questions. Loved the way Patrick reacted though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello DandyLion! Yeah they are pretty cute. Katya has been influenced negatively about relationships from her sisters *rolls eyes* and it's caused her to be slightly awkward when getting to know a guy. LOL. Patrick tries his best not to judge people, so he decided it would be best to help her through it rather than be mean to her. XD

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  10. Yay for new chapter!! Ive really missed this!!
    Aww they look so cute together!! and i think they both have a few emotional scars to work through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) I really missed writing this too, LOL, but my other story kind of took over my life for a minute... o.O
      I'm liking them as a couple so far, and yeah, they've both got baggage. Maybe they can help each other with their scars. XD

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  11. Awwww. Ok, scratch what I said last time. Clearly, a nice, normal girl is the perfect antidote to Patrick's mysterious persona. She seems to bring him out of himself a little more ... I also love that she's a hippy, earth child too. I'm intrigued as to her background though ...

    What happened with Ephemera though?! Not that I was really rooting for them as a couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's okay, normal is relative though... Katya could have wierd quirks that make her not normal, as she has established herself as awkward in this chapter, hahaha. She's shy and a bit of a loner, which is why she was totally wierd on this date, LOL.

      Ephemera's in the town somewhere. *shrugs* She randomly was at the bar that night and she happened to find out that Patrick was a magician, so she wanted to see if he would hire her. She lives in the same town, she just wasn't around the same place Patrick was today.

      Delete
  12. Patrick and Katya make an adorable couple. Love that shot at the beach where they're facing away from the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! LOL, they are pretty cute together. :D I love the beach at night, I always associate romance with the beach. *dies*

      Delete
  13. You're at it again with these names....lol I like the name Katya :) I peeped at your comment above...I always found the beach romantic for some reason too lol but I like Katya and holy shit her house is really something else! :) I can't wait to read more about her and she's probably my favorite character besides Patrick lol Hopefully they will get together. "I can sometimes feel water droplets hit my skin as they're picked up by the breeze" - I loved that sentence for some reason...I'm such a nerd lol but yeah Katya seems like she knows what she wants and I like that. I'm loving Patrick's whole look...it's very sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LOL. That house is in Starlight Shores, that comes with the Showtime expansion, and it's just a premade one. XD LOL, aww, wow, Katya really made an impression on you, if she's already your favorite! T_T Thanks so much, don't ever feel like a nerd for liking particular things I wrote, I love to hear about them, it lets me know what's working for my writing. Katya's past hurts have made her realize what she doesn't want, at least. I love to make my heirs sexy, I'm glad you like Patrick. :D

      Delete
  14. So it's romance, already. I just wrote in the last episode that I was expecting Patrick to be the hermit type. I know this is a progression of generations, but somehow I thought he would be the kind to adopt a child. But okay.

    Poor Katya. "...know stuff like that about a potential guy before I get too serious." It reminds me of a friend of mine, who is still single because, though being an interesting person, she gets so awkward when it comes to relationships. Katya's explanation here is worse than her question. But Patrick is no longer looking for one-night stands, otherwise he would leave her at the café at once!

    The look like the night and the day to me, the dark and the bright. An interesting contrast.

    And to her favor she has that stunning house. I loved it! Did you build it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well, that is certainly interesting that you thought about adoption. XD I am not going to be using the adoption part of the game for this legacy because I really love creating my own Sims, and passing their attractive genetics on down the line.

      Katya's whole behavior on the date was just wierd. LOL. Patrick isn't judgmental, so he just gave her a second chance, also he seemed smitten by her and he's never felt that way about someone before. He wants to get to know her better and see where this goes.

      They are quite opposite in appearances, especially with what Patrick chose to wear this particular day, but sometimes opposites attract.

      Thanks! No, I didn't build it, it is a premade house that came with the Starlight Shores town from the Showtime expansion. I did really like it though, and I knew I had to use it somewhere in the story.

      Delete
  15. Awww, this chapter is so sweet. I love it. :) Katya is absolutely adorable! I love that they are both so unsure of each other and how the coffee date is progressing. I feel that Katya is weary of getting hurt or investing too much time in someone who will end up being a prick while Patrick seems to be weary about relationships in general. He doesn't have that experience, so it must be a little unnerving to maybe be interested in someone when it has never occurred before. Yet he's also so afraid to move too fast, like he might get trapped. I suppose seeing Helena and Dustin's relationship can definitely be a bit scarring and leave a person feeling overly cautious. But at least he has his parent's relationship as an example, too. And that was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! :) Heehee, they're both awkward, but they kept pushing through, and managed to have a good time. Yes, Katya is scared of getting hurt, very scared, but more on that later. :D Patrick is scared of having a relationship like Dustin's, and even though he knows it's possible because his parents' was good, he feels it's a bit unattainable with just any girl, like he has to find the perfect girl like his dad did, or it won't work. That's another reason he hasn't gotten close to anyone, he hasn't liked anyone that deeply yet.

      Delete
  16. well, well, well how cute. She doesn't do well talking to guys, he doesn't do well talking to girls aren't they the perfect match. LOL I'm sure they will have a sweet relationship as time goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah, Patrick can talk to girls... just not relationship wise, LOL. He knows what to say to the one night stands, but this is a whole other realm of territory he hasn't explored yet. XD We shall see how their relationship develops.

      Delete
  17. Oh they are so precious.
    lol they're both so awkward. It's kind of perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both have pain in their lives, that causes them to be cautious when it comes to relationships. LOL.

      Delete
  18. Awwww they are so cute together especially the way they were both so awkward towards each other. They seem perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pahahaha, they're the perfect awkward pairing.
      Seem is your keyword here.. seem perfect... but are they really? Or is this perfect too good to be true?
      *skips away*

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com