Saturday, July 20, 2013

Maximus Ten: Getting Ready

Almost seven months have passed. I was able to finish my semester of school before Christmas break, and Max and I spent Christmas with his father, Alex. This semester has started, and Max is driving me to my classes like he said he would. He's juggling lots of things and I am very grateful to him. He's doing well at his job, so he's been getting bigger roles. I'm tired most days and I sleep a lot when I'm not in class. Noelle and I have remained friends since the day she helped me move out of my dorm. Today I went shopping with Alex and we got a crib, high chair, and a big fuzzy teddy bear. Max said we could use part of the upstairs for the baby. He's quite the bachelor so he doesn't have much in the way of extra furniture, which works well for needing to put a crib in the house. I'm not going to be painting any of the walls or anything since the room the baby is in is just the big room upstairs, where the exercise equipment and television are located. I got a divider for the room that serves as a temporary wall.


Helena still doesn't know I'm pregnant. I haven't talked to her since I moved out, and she hasn't made any attempt to contact me. I only hear about her when Noelle hangs out with me, and it sounds like she is the same stuck up, irritating bitch she's always been. Noelle says Helena has a grudge against her because of the misunderstanding between them about Max. Helena's still convinced that Max and Noelle hooked up that day. I'm saddened that the things I said didn't get through to her at all. I decide to stop thinking about Helena since I have no obligation to her, as Max has never really liked her either, so we both have no desire to tell Helena. If she finds out, then she finds out on her own somehow. She'll most likely be upset about it because she's always like that. I don't know if I've ever seen her be happy about anything, now that I think about it.


Today Alex is helping me set up the crib, and I help him hold pieces upright as he screws them together. We're almost done, when a pang of tiredness hits me like a shockwave. I close my eyes and rest my elbows on the railing for support. Alex finishes putting the last screw into the hole, and touches my shoulder. I look up at him and he smiles, helping me over to the couch so I can sit down.


Once I sit on the couch, I feel a lot better. I must have just gotten tired of standing. Alex offers to get me a glass of water, and I thank him for being so kind. He has plenty of time to hang out with me while Max is working because he's a martial arts teacher and he can make his own hours. He's been taking only one or two appointments a day ever since he started helping Max and I. I think back on what Max told me about how they met, and am overcome with warm feelings when Alex said he actually wanted to be friends with Max. I'm even more amazed that Max harbored no ill feelings towards his father, despite how late they came into each other's lives. I think of the fact that it's good it was like that because they wasted no time in wanting to become friends, and I'm fairly certain that is why their relationship continues to remain strong.


Max is going to be a great father, I think to myself. He's so caring and adaptable. I'm not so sure about myself, though, I have always been pretty selfish. I'm kind of worried the baby might hate me if I don't take care of it the right way. Is there even a right way to do it? Other than making sure it stays alive, I don't really know. We are too young for this. My worries start making me cry just as Alex comes upstairs with the glass of water. He sits down next to me after handing me the glass of water, and looks at me, trying to comfort me with a gentle rub on my back.

"Max will be home soon."

"Thank you, Alex, for helping me with all of this."

"It's no problem. I'm happy to help. Are you all right?"


"Yeah, I'm just still so not ready for any of this baby stuff. I feel like I'll be bad at it."

"Hmm... I'm not sure anyone is ever ready for it, especially when it's the first time. You'll be okay though, I think the fact that you're worried about it means you care enough to want to do a good job."


I come home from another fun day of filming, and see my dad's car parked in front of my house. I'm grateful that he's here to support me and Soleil. I walk in and notice a high chair by the wall. It seems my pretty lady has done some shopping. I wonder what else she added to the house. I go upstairs and see Dad hanging out with Soleil on the couch.


They can't see me since the couch is facing the other way so I decide to surprise Soleil by walking up behind her. She turns around and smiles at me through her tears. I feel bad for her cause she seems to be extra sad lately. I can't even imagine what it's like to have that much extra weight on your body. I tell her I like the high chair she bought and she says she bought a crib as well and a teddy bear. I ask Dad if he wants to stay for dinner and he says he does, so the three of us go downstairs. Soleil sits on the bed while Dad and I cook.


"I feel like a burden, Max. I'm just sitting here being fat while you guys run around doing stuff for me. It's driving me nuts."

"Soleil, it's fine. I said I'd take care of you, and I don't regret that at all. I got you into this condition, so it's my responsibility to make sure you're okay. Besides, I noticed you are sad a lot of the time, and I'd hate for you to have to constantly be doing extra things when you're not in a good mood. Is there something I can do to help you?"

"No, it's nothing I think anyone can do. It's more of my internal problem. I just feel like I'll suck at this parenting thing, and it's making me sad."


"Don't worry about that, or at least, just try to get through the days one at a time. I'm scared too that I'll suck, but I can only do so much at a time, and worrying about what hasn't come yet isn't going to help us."

"But it is coming, Max! It'll be something we have to deal with! I can't just pretend like it's fine!"

Soleil gets off the bed and goes into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. When she gets like that, I try not to take it personally, as she's been irritable a lot lately. It stings a little every time she does it, but I'm trying to be strong for the both of us. I'm hoping she will be back to her usual easygoing self after the baby is born. I knock on the bathroom door to tell her dinner's ready, and she comes over to the table to eat. She puts her hand on my thigh and rubs it. I know she's trying to apologize for yelling earlier, and that she still cares about me. I'm a little scared she might start resenting me, but I'm trying to do my best to not give her a reason to.


After dinner, Dad leaves, and Soleil and I head to bed. She pulls on my shirt before I can change into my pajamas and looks up at me.

"Max, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you. I don't want to fight with you. Please don't hate me."

I sit down next to her and put my arm around her.

"Soleil, I"m not mad at you, and I would never hate you. I hope you don't hate me because I get to keep doing normal things while you have to do all that stuff for your pregnancy."

"No, no. I'm annoyed about all the things I can't do because I'm pregnant, but I don't hate you. I promise. Thank you for staying with me. You could have easily just left."

"Leaving you would not have been easy in any way. I really like you, Soleil. I enjoy having you in my life. Leaving wasn't something that ever crossed my mind."


"We're going to be okay, aren't we, Max?"

"Yes, we are, baby."

I squeeze Soleil once tightly, and give her a short massage before going to bed. She thanks me, and falls asleep quickly. She must have been so tired. After a shower, I get into bed, and can't help looking at her again. Despite her irritability the past few months, she looks peaceful, and I can only hope that we really will be okay after the baby comes and changes our lives forever.



Credits:

34 comments:

  1. Awwwww! Poor Max and Soliel being affected by the hormones. I'm glad Alex is able and willing to help since both Max and Soliel are fairly busy.

    Loved the chapter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) They got lucky with Alex being such an awesome guy. I guess that's where Max got his awesomeness. LOL. Pregnancy is hard on Soleil, sadly, but this is the first hurdle, and they've gotten over it. Yay! =D

      Delete
  2. i can tell Max is going to be a great father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Max. He is going to be an amazing dad! I know he is. I love the way he is treating Soliel, and is being there for her all the way, even though she is hormonal and feeling crazy. It was also good to see Alex again. I'm glad Soliel isn't hanging around with Helena anymore. I wonder whats going to happen when she finds out she is going to be an aunt. I sense Drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, there will be drama from Helena, it's just in her blood. LOL. Max is taking things well even though he's scared, and Alex will always be there. =D Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Dawww, Alex helping with the baby stuff for Soleil. He's so sweet.
    I'm feel for Soleil a little, but I know that she'll come around eventually, and once that baby comes, I have a feeling it's going to be a wholeee different story regarding her worries. Max is doing a great job, too, keeping her happy and calm, he's so understanding *sniffles* T_T
    Uggghhhh can't wait for the baby to get heeererrrreeee jhejshgdusgbjk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex is da best... and so hot, god. LOL.
      Yeah, poor Soleil, she's not like the family oriented type, and this pregnancy was kind of sprung on her, like SURPRISE! Once the baby's here though, she'll most likely be fine. The unexpected is freaking her out.
      Max is adaptable and he doesn't worry about future things as much as Soleil, although he knows it'll be hard and life changing.
      Haha, don't worry the baby will show up next chapter. =D

      Delete
  5. ... caught up ^^

    Aw Max has a life now- I can't believe I missed that you actually started that story. Ts. My only excuse is really that I was on vacation when you published the first chapter back in May... anyways, love, love, love! it :D

    And wow... I just hope that the baby will not be a girl. Given that the family curse will run in both Max and Helena, I even consider it a good thing that SHE is most likely never going to get laid *g*

    Bookmarked! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back from vacation. =D
      It's okay you missed it for a while, but yay, you found it. LOL.
      I am doing a patriarchy, so only male heirs are allowed, hehe. I also think it's safe to tell you Max and Soleil will only have one child, so it is definitely a boy.
      My goal is more to focus on Max's life, later on, with the heir's, and perhaps not focus so heavily on the curse aspect of it in this story. It will probably come out in subtle ways if Max has trouble in his life, kind of like his accidentally getting Soleil pregnant, but it won't be a main part of the story.
      I do have things planned for Helena since she is also here, and LOL, yeah it does seem like she is too much of a prude to get laid, huh? ^_^
      Thanks for reading anna, you have a great week as well. =)

      Delete
  6. Her hormones are really being hard on her!! Its a good job Max is so sweet and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the hormones are not being nice to her. Max knows and kind of feels bad that he got her into this situation so he's trying his best to be supportive. Thanks for commenting! =)

      Delete
  7. Soleil has a lot to think about. She can't drink for nine months... almost over... heh... kidding.... really, she has been on an emotional rollercoaster and Max's sister didn't help in the beginning I am sure... it's nice to see Max's Dad being so involved.... another reason for Helena to be jealous, if she knew.... Max is such a good guy.. wish they made real ones that way... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Soleil has been annoyed that she hasn't been able to drink for a while now, alcohol or coffee... O_O. Haha, all that crap she had to deal with from Helena most definitely didn't help. I love Max's dad, =) that's where Max gets his good personality from. There are good guys out there in the world too. =D

      Delete
  8. Soleil seems so insecure and unsure of Max's love. I think it is partly hormonal, but there are some doubts there. She should realize that if Max hasn't left yet he for now plans on being there. She should just stop being so scared and trust that their love will get them through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Soleil was all hormones in this chapter. She's panicking about the baby and Max because she's scared shitless. Deep down she knows Max would never leave her, but her mind is playing tricks on her at the moment. She'll recover from those thoughts soon. XD

      Delete
  9. Pregnancy hormones are rough on poor Soleil. She's got a supportive family around her so she'll never be on her own. All that baby needs is someone who will love him/her unconditionally and he'll be happy and well adjusted. She shouldn't worry.

    I hope Helena comes around as, like it or not, she is family and she'll be the one that ultimately misses out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's freaking out, probably a little unnecessarily, but those hormones, man, they're getting her. LOL. Yup, she's got the best support system around, and they will be fine.

      It's true, Helena may or may not come around, but that's still to be determined. Like you said, she is family, so she'll probably be around at some point.

      Delete
  10. It's really sweet how Alex is making up for lost time with Max. I bet he'll be an awesome grandfather. Soleil's pregnancy hormones are running amok, and Max is doing a great job of keeping her calm and not freaking out himself. He's pretty mature for someone so young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, Alex felt like he lost so much time with Max, that the best way to make things better was just to spend time with him. Heehee, Alex will be a great grandfather, he's such a caring guy. Max is super intelligent, and he's got a lot of street smarts, as well as being very adaptable to what life throws at him.

      Delete
  11. How come Max never told Soleil he loved her? Maybe its too soon for him ....I know how that is but Soleil is dealing with her hormones and he's just sticking by her side which is so sweet. I hope she doesn't drop out of college and I hope Max doesn't let this whole acting career get to his head....he doesn't seem like that type though. Poor Helena has no clue that she will be an aunt lol she will find out sooner or later...I hope Helena finds a bf....You would think she would've found a nice guy since she's in that Christian club at the college...oh well its cool that Noelle and Soleil are getting along...maybe she will babysit for them when they need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max is scared. LOL. As you said, babies change everything, and even though Max knows he'd never leave Soleil, and he's pretty sure he loves her, saying those words out loud changes things too. Too much change especially when Soleil is hormonal is probably not the greatest, so he's waiting for the right time. His actions show her he loves her, and the fact that he said leaving her would not have been an easy choice, is also his way of saying he loves her. He just needs more time.

      When Soleil told Max she was pregnant, Max said he'd help her by driving her to class, and scheduling his auditions on days she didn't have class. He's not letting his acting career get to his head, instead, he's juggling it to make it so he can do both.

      LOL, yeah, Helena's mentioned before that every time she tries to get serious with boys, they don't like it when she gives them the "let's define our relationship" talk, which is supposedly the right way to have a relationship. She's just having a hard time finding a guy who wants to be that serious about a relationship in college. Yeah, I don't go into Noelle and Soleil too much, but she does stay friends with Soleil and helps babysit once in a while.

      Delete
  12. Oh man Soleil really reminded me of a few of my friends in this chapter with her whole pregnancy situation. It's really difficult when you're pregnant and you werent expecting the baby...people will make you feel bad for thinking about having an abortion or people will make you feel bad about being happy...its like you can never win but then again you have to do what's best for you....My friend was super depressed when she found out she was pregnant and she had an abortion but I don't shame her for it...Another one of my friends got pregnant and kept her baby but she's super stressed and had to stop going to school because it was too much...she can't party anymore and do all the things she used to do but her baby makes her happy....Hopefully Soleil will feel better after she has the baby and holds it...I love babies lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Soleil's never thought about children because she wasn't at that point in her life yet. Now that she's hormonal and she decided to keep it because Max said he would help, she's freaking out that her lack of experience will make her a bad mother. It's good though, because that means at least, that she doesn't want to be a bad mom, and she'll like her baby. LOL.

      It does kind of suck that Soleil is still in college, but Max is helping like he said, with driving her to class, so she's doing okay there. Moving in with Max also relieved a lot of stress on her, so she's doing better than she could be. Can you imagine if Soleil was living with Helena? O_O Holy shit, she'd be so stressed. LOL. Alex, Max's dad, is helping her when she needs help with baby stuff. Soleil's lucky that she's got Max and Alex to support her. She just needs to get through the pregnancy, because being pregnant is difficult. XD

      Delete
  13. Back from vacations, and back to your story.

    I enjoy seeing how fashionable and cool Alex and Max are -- and how they are both supporting Soleil, who is understandably having her ups and downs while so much is going on in her organism.

    It's good that she has forgotten about Helena, and in this chapter Max has not even mentioned his sister, so that they can both concentrate on the baby.

    They make a great couple until now!

    And on for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andante! Welcome back! :)

      Soleil is having some hormonal problems at the moment, but that's to be expected when a woman is pregnant, plus all the extra things that she's worrying about, even if they're unnecessary. Babies cause stress, and Soleil is feeling it. Max and Alex are there for her because they love her and they know she needs extra support during her pregnancy.

      Yeah, Soleil is probably better off not thinking about Helena, especially when she's already stressed. LOL, Helena has a way of making Soleil anxious with her constant nagging about dumb things. Max and Helena's relationship is strained usually, so Max tries not to think about her more than he has to either.

      Ahh, well, they had a fight, but they made up at the end of the night, so it's fine. Every couple fights once in a while, I think if they didn't, that would mean something was wrong, LOL. It's only if the couple fights all the time, every day, every night, that it is not good for the relationship.

      Delete
  14. Max is such a great partner. I'm sure he will be a wonderful father to the little one. Poor Soleil. Pregnancy hormones are really getting to her. I'm sorry she seems to be sad so often. But at least she has great people in her life who help and support her. Alex coming over so often and helping with the crib and whatnot. That's so nice that her and Noelle are still friends. At least Soleil has her around since Helena is missing in action and, well, pretty flippin' negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max is a wonderful person, he seems to have inherited that from his father, Alex. XD Soleil's hormones are screwing with her mind really badly, and luckily Max and Alex understand that's just how pregnant women are, and they're trying not to take it personally. Noelle is really nice, and they often meet on campus to hang out. Helena's focused on her studies and ignores Noelle even though they're roommates now, so luckily for Soleil, Helena's keeping her negativity away by just keeping to herself.

      Delete
  15. Aww Max is so good to Soleil. They're stressed, but still so young. I think everything will work out for them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he is, he really loves her, like in the real sense, for better or for worse sense. They really are having a stressful time right now, as children often tend to do to expecting parents, and it's worse because they're barely adults themselves. As long as they continue this positive honest communication in their relationship, things should work out well.

      Delete
  16. Welp seems like I was right about Helena. She just doesn't get it. I feel bad for Noelle having to put up with her. She's going to lead a very lonely life with her attitude.

    Aww poor Soleil and all her doubts. Alex was right though, the fact that she's worried about doing a good job is proof she's ready to do her best at being a mom. There's no 'right' way to do it, just love the child and I think she and Max have plenty of that to go around. Together they will figure it out, I just hope she doesn't get hit with postpartum after the baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely were right about Helena. She's too closed minded to even think of other possibilities. Noelle is faring all right since Helena pretty much hates her guts, so she ignores Noelle quite often. Uh huh, Helena will be very lonely for sure. She pushed Soleil and Max away when she accused Max of cheating. Had Helena been happy for the couple when they decided to move in together, they would have been completely all right including her in their lives.

      Soleil's very young, and worried because she's overwhelmed while experiencing probably one of the scariest things a woman can go through. I myself, have no kids, but I can imagine a first time pregnancy, especially one that wasn't planned, can come with a slew of emotions that are amplified by pregnancy hormones. Basically, I just wrote down what I thought I might feel if I was in Soleil's situation. Alex and Max are doing their best to help her out during her hard times. Yes, love is definitely abundant in this family. Ahh yeah, let's hope postpartum doesn't get her. :D

      Delete
  17. It's understandable that Soleil would be feeling like this having your first baby is a scary experience because of all the uncertainty. Add to the fact that this is an unplanned pregnancy it makes the whole situation even worse. Right now her hormones are all over the place and she is overreating a little bit. Its nice to see Max being very patient with her and Alex has been a very big help to all of them. I do need to ask because if this was mentioned before I didn't catch it. Is Alex only Max's father and Helena has a different father because I am getting that impression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, she's overreacting because of her hormones. Soleil loves Max, and she will love their baby too, she's just getting cold feet and freaking out. She is only 19 after all, so this is a scary feeling for her. Alex is a very sweet man, which is where Max gets his sweetness from LOL. He'll always be there for his son and Soleil. Yes, that is correct, Helena's father is not Alex. Helena's father is not in the picture. Max and Helena's mother was my baby challenge Sim, so she had a lot of one night stands, and Helena's father was one of the men who didn't stick around to get to know his child.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com