Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Maximus Nine: Getting Out

I'm so excited that Max asked me to move in with him. Right now I'm packing up my stuff, which I don't have a lot of since most of it I just left at my parents house because I didn't have a lot of space in the dorm. I'm lucky Max has furniture at his house already so I don't have to worry about having to buy a bunch of stuff. I'm not exactly loaded at the moment. I still feel like shit, but I'm trying not to let it annoy me too much. Max got me some fruit smoothies that have a bunch of nutrients since I keep feeling sick in the mornings. I haven't gotten fat yet, so I am taking the time to move now before it becomes annoying for me to bend down.


KNOCK. KNOCK.

I wonder who that could be. Max usually comes over, but he's got his movie job this weekend, so I know he's not available right now. I hope it's not Helena, but I don't think it is since she has a habit of barging into my room at awkward times. I open my door and see a blonde girl with a suitcase standing there. I wonder if this is the blonde girl Helena made a big deal over the other day.

"Bonjour, je m'appelle, em, my name, Noelle. Je suis, em, I am your new roommate."

Aww, she's so adorable. This is kind of perfect timing because she can now have my old room all to herself.

"Bonjour, Noelle. Je parle le Francais. Je m'appelle Soleil." (Hi Noelle. I speak French. I'm Soleil.)

"Oui? Ooh, tres bien! Vous allez quelque part?" (Oh yeah? That's awesome! Are you going somewhere?)

"Oui. Je me deplace avec Max." (Yes, I'm moving in with Max.)


"Oh! Vous etes la petite amie de Max?" (Oh! You're Max's girlfriend?)

"Oui! Vous l'avez rencontre l'autre jour?" (Yes! You met him the other day?)

"Oui. Avez-vous besoin d'aide emballage?" (Yeah. Do you need help packing?)

Noelle is such a sweetheart. She pointed towards my lamp that was on the dresser as she asked if I needed help packing. I nodded towards her and smiled. She smiled back as she wrapped the cord around the lamp and gently put it in the box.


Oh no, not again. I can barely get any words out because I'm afraid I'll be sick on Noelle's shirt, so I have to push her aside a little to get to the doorknob. I open it and run to the bathroom, which luckily, is the next door down the hall.


I brush my teeth quick, and take this time to get my things out of the bathroom so I can pack those too. When I come back into my bedroom, I go towards Noelle so I can apologize to her for pushing her like that.

"Noelle? Desole, je ne me sentais pas bien." (Sorry, I wasn't feeling well.)

"Oh, etes-vous d'accord?" (Are you okay?)

"Oui, je suis enceinte." (Yeah, I'm pregnant.)

"Oh! Tres bien! Felicitations!" (Oh! That's great! Congratulations!)

I cringe a little when she says that, and I know it's weird, but I still don't feel a hundred percent happy that I am having a baby. It's not that I don't want to or anything, I just have mixed feelings about it because of the fear it keeps instilling in me. I'm less scared of the logistics of all of it now that I know Max is completely on board, but I don't know the first thing about being a parent. Noelle looks at me and apologizes for making me uncomfortable with her response. I tell her it's fine, and she asks if she can help me put my stuff in my car. I invite her to come with me if she wants to help me move and she agrees. Max gave me a key to... our house the other day and told me to move in whenever I wanted. Noelle and I go out into the common area of the dorm and are unfortunately attacked by a crazy Helena.


"That's the girl, Soleil! That's the girl Max slept with!"

"Non, Max tell me he has girlfriend so I stop flirting!"

Poor Noelle looks like she's been hit by a train. Helena thinks Max slept with Noelle? What in the world? I think to myself this is why Helena can't keep a boyfriend. She probably accuses them all of cheating on her any time they talk to another girl. My temperature rises quickly as I get more upset with Helena.

"Soleil! Why are you hanging out with her? Why aren't you mad at her?"

"Oh my fucking god, Helena! That day Max came over he explained everything! Nothing happened! Jesus! Would you stop yelling?! Noelle is moving into the dorm, and I'm moving out. She's getting my old room."


Helena looks at me strangely, but it's because I didn't tell her I was moving out. I haven't talked to her since she accused Max of flirting with Noelle. Now she's elevating it and saying he slept with her? What the fuck is her problem?

"You believed him?! God, you're dense, Soleil. Cheaters will always tell you they didn't do anything! They're pros at lying!"

"STOP IT, Helena! Fucking A! Don't call me stupid! I've had enough of your fucking bullshit to last me many lifetimes! Noelle is helping me move."


"Wait, you're moving?"

"Oh my god, you actually heard some words that came out of my mouth. Here I was starting to wonder if you didn't understand English."

"What the hell, Soleil? Are you dropping out or something? Don't you think you should have discussed this with your best friend first?"

"No, idiot. People can change their places of residence when people they live with are fucking morons. Best friend?! BEST FRIEND?! Are you serious right now, Helena?! Best friends don't go being all judgmental of each other all the time! Best friends don't constantly accuse each other's boyfriends of cheating! For fuck's sake, Helena, you have no idea what it means to be somebody's best friend! Not once have you ever supported me in anything! The entire time I've known you, you've judged me because of our differences! I'm tired of it! THAT is the fucking reason I'm moving out, you bitch!"

"I am not a bitch, Soleil. I am just trying to pro-"


"The next word out of your mouth better not fucking be protect, or I swear I will kick your ass right now. There's no protection going on here, it's just a hundred percent judgment because you NEVER liked me for who I am!"

"Soleil, I'm jealous of you and Max."

What?! Is she kidding me right now? She clearly hates my lifestyle and has always been vocal about it.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You hate everything I do, you hate how guys always talk to me, you hate how I look at life like it is something to be enjoyed, and you hate how I don't follow the supposed rules of life. How can you possibly be jealous of me? Aren't I just a dirty slut who should be working street corners because I'm so damn immoral?"

"I'm jealous because you're happy. You and Max live sinful lives, and are surrounded by happiness. I'm a good girl, and no one wants that."

Oh my god. Helena is giving me a headache. I get so annoyed at her trying to make me feel sorry for her that I grab her by her pathetic pink sweatshirt and glare intimidatingly at her.


"Wow, you think you're a good girl? Okay, maybe in the physical sense you are, but you act like a horrible person all the time. Good people don't go around telling their supposed best friends that their boyfriend is bad. Good people don't try to make their best friend feel bad when she wants to have a little fun. Max is your brother, for fuck's sake, shouldn't you be happy for him that he found a girlfriend? Isn't that what you wanted? For him to stop sleeping around and just pick a girlfriend already?"

"Yeah, I wanted him to have a girlfriend, but in a way I don't feel like he deserves it because he's living in sin."

"So you want him to pick a girlfriend, but you don't think he deserves to have a girlfriend. Are you insane right now? He can't have a girlfriend because he didn't 'do it the right way'? What is your problem?!"

Helena just stares at me blankly, and I roughly push her back while letting go of her shirt.


"Allons, Noelle."

"Wait, what did you say to her?"

I ignore Helena and leave because I don't even know how to process what she just told me, let alone finding it in me to care about what she just said.


Credits:
Zhippidy's Custom Poses for Sims 3

41 comments:

  1. Loved the update! Way to go, Soleil! Helena needed that very blunt wake up call. Hopefully it's enough to calm her down, but I won't be holding my breath on that or that it's soon enough to save her relationship with Soleil or Max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii! =D Thanks! Yeah, Helena's not really going to ever have a good friendship with either of them since she keeps pissing them off so frequently. Soleil really wanted to blow up at Helena, but was just ignoring her since she had her own life to deal with. Luckily for Soleil, Helena continued to be an idiot and gave her the ammunition Soleil needed to legitimately yell at her.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Wheeee! Hahaha, Soleil's been waiting to do that for a while, and Helena's behavior today made Soleil reach her breaking point. LOL.

      Delete
  3. i feel bad helena i think she needs to find mr right but in way by her not dating she's protecting herself from the curse taking an effect on her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or it could be how the curse is affecting her. Makes her go the complete opposite way but causes the jealousy issues that are giving her general relationship problems. The main purpose of the curse was to cause the family line to be unhappy.

      Helena isn't exactly entirely happy with her life

      Delete
    2. @winterbaby20: Helena thanks you for feeling for her. LOL. You are right in a way that her moral ideals are keeping the curse from making her go the route of promiscuity, but the curse is still winning because it's making Helena miserable, as her friendships with Soleil and Max are crumbling around her. I don't know how any man could stand her though, wow, she's crazy. Hahah. Thanks for commenting! =D

      Delete
    3. @Seera: Eee, haha, you are correct. Helena thinks that doing the complete opposite of her mother and remaining celibate until marriage is helping her. It is in fact, making her miserable, and all of her friendships are crumbling around her. It also explains why she can't keep any of the boyfriends she's had, her high morals eventually drive them away, and she continues to be unhappy.

      Delete
  4. you got a point there seera. that witch who cast the curse is evil

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I am so glad someone finally really gave Helena a piece of a reality check. I don't believe it's actually going to sink in or anything, but it still makes me happy that other people stopped trying to put up with her...

    I feel REALLLY bad for Noelle...Poor girl doesn't have any part in all this, she was just trying to be friendly! Seriously, it's not like Max was wearing a ring or anything. But, Helena will probably make sure she regrets it forever. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii. LOL. Yay! Yeah, Soleil and Max's favorite past time is to knock sense into Helena. You're right though, she's not going to have it sink in cause well, she's a dumbass. ROFL.
      OMG yeah poor Noelle, holy crap, that's like the worst way to be introduced to your new roommate. She got Soleil as a friend now, and since she's so friendly and is helping Soleil move, she'll most likely hang out with Soleil a lot more than at the dorm with the crazy Helena.
      Le sigh, and again you are right about Helena being a dumbass and she does now have a vendetta against Noelle.
      Thanks for reading and commenting, darling! =D

      Delete
  6. Ugh, finally Soleil put that bitch in her place. I actually laughed really hard when Helena said was she was jealous of her and Max. What an idiot.. GOD I HATE HERRRRR *throws things*
    I'm glad that Soleil is gone now though and can just be with Max now with no interruptions, or barge in's, or any bitch there to ruin her day even more. I know Helena doesn't know yet, but Soleil's pregnant, she doesn't need that shit right now. She doesn't need the extra stress. Again, I'm happy she's out of that damn dorm with Helena. UGH
    *cheers for Max and Soleil*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheee, yeah Soleil had about enough of Helena's stupid ass. Now she has a new friend in Noelle, who isn't a judgmental fruit basket of a person. ROFL. Soleil knew she didn't want to live with Helena anymore, especially since she was pregnant, she didn't want to be there when she started showing. Max helped a lot by inviting her to move in with him, and she was like, live with the sexiest man in the world AND not be stressed out by Helena? Fuck yeah! LOL.
      Thanks so much for reading and commenting! EE! LOL.

      Delete
  7. So happy that Soleil put that bitch Helena in her place! Would it be wrong of me to admit that I cheered a little! In a way I feel sorry for Helena because if she was truly happy with her own life she wouldn't be in the middle of Max's and Soleils relationship, she would just be happy that they were happy and let things happen the way they are susposed too. I hope this was a wakeup call for her to get her own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... I don't know if Helena is smart enough to get her own life, LOL, some people are just ridiculous, all the time. Soleil knows this since she's tried to tell Helena on many occasions that her and Max are fine, but Helena doesn't listen. Soleil decided to just remove herself from the situation. Luckily, Max had a way for her to stop living with Helena. You are right that Helena doesn't know how to be happy or deal with her own life, so she feels like she needs to meddle in other people's relationships. Unfortunately for her, she is losing all her friends because of it.

      Delete
  8. I actually feel really bad for Helena. She is clearly socially inept and wraps her morals around her like a protective shroud. All that does is push people away. No one likes a zealot, least of all the people she decries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she relies way too much on morals in her behavior, and it always makes people angry. She really needs to focus on herself and quit meddling in other people's lives.

      Delete
  9. I am actually starting to feel a little sorry for Helena - her head is messed up - she needs help I think!!! I guess that is their best friendship gone up the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena is very messed up. LOL, and she doesn't realize that her actions are pushing people away. She needs to stop being so defensive about everything, and actually really talk to someone about her feelings rather than accusing other people of everything. A therapist might actually help her. Their friendship really took a giant hit with Helena's accusation.

      Delete
  10. Helena is now all alone. I feel badly for Noelle if she moves in with Helena. I am rather glad that Soleil spoke her mind to Helena and told her the truths that she did. I don't think that Helena will change. Amazing what insecurity, low self esteem and righteousness can mix up to be. That's how I see Helena though. ;) great update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =) Noelle has been assigned to Helena's dormitory, and unfortunately for her, Helena already hates her. Since Noelle has already "met" Helena, so to speak, she probably will not be using the dorm as a place to hang out often, she'll more likely just use it as a place to sleep and go find herself some real friends. LOL.

      You're right about the insecurity, low self esteem, and righteousness. Those are three qualities I was thinking of when I came up with Helena's personality.

      Delete
  11. Poor Helena in a way I feel sorry for her. I always was the good girl so I can kind of identify with Helena. I do agree though she shouldn't be so judgmental. I hope she can find happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena appreciates your concern and sympathy. =) I wanted to portray all sorts of personalities in my story, including the good girl. I'm glad I could write someone you could identify with. Yeah, her judgmental behavior is winning her no friends.

      Delete
  12. I've always felt pity for Helena, but I can't stand it when people force their belief, or lack thereof, on other people. I'm quite an open minded person and feel that people should be free to live their life as they so choose, provided that they don't hurt another person in the process. Helena needs to learn this for herself, and I hope this is the wakeup call that she needs to realise that she's just pushing everyone away. I don't think that she's a bitch, just misguided, naïve and extremely unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'm guessing that Helena hasn't completely studied the Bible as a certain quote comes to mind:

      "Judge not, lest ye be judged"

      Delete
    2. I agree. When people force their beliefs down my throat, I get pretty angry. It's none of their business, and I can't understand why they feel that it is. She is all of those things, misguided, naive, and unhappy, you hit those on the head. XD

      Soleil just called her a bitch because she constantly nitpicks at her and Max when they are perfectly fine. If some girl tried to wedge herself in between my boyfriend and I and accuse him of cheating with no evidence, I'd probably call her a bitch as well, especially when my boyfriend did nothing of the sort. It's like picking at a scab and making it bleed, watching it scab over, and then making it bleed again. Irritating.

      Oh yes, that Bible quote you said? Very true. I based Helena off a person I used to know who was "religious" you know, went to church, did all the "good" stuff. Most rude, judgmental person I have ever met in my entire life. She'd roll her eyes at me when I was doing something she didn't approve of, and try to make me feel guilty for it. So. Not everyone who goes to church actually practices what the Bible preaches, yet they're very quick about judging others who don't go to church. There are those people who do go to church who are kind and loving, like they should be, but Helena is not one of those people. She's more of the "rain down fire and brimstone" kind of girl.

      Delete
  13. That fight was inevitable. I think it's safe to say that Soleil and Helena are no longer BFFs. LOL. I feel bad for Noelle, who ends up being roommates with Helena. She isn't exactly being welcomed with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, very inevitable, especially when Helena starts yelling at Noelle, whom Soleil was just hanging out with and getting to know. What a rude introduction. XD Haha, yeah they're not really best friends, Helena just thinks they are. Noelle will survive, LOL, this dorm is large enough, and Noelle has her own room at least. Noelle's also not socially incompetent, so she'll make other friends easily.

      Delete
  14. Woo that was intense...This was me as I was reading -----> O.O lol but yeah Soleil finally let it all out like a volcano....Helena is going to be hurt from all that but she will be more upset that Soleil is leaving and once she finds out why...oh boy I can't wait to see how she reacts lol but I really feel bad for Helena....She just needs to improve her social skills and learn to keep certain things in. She really felt like Soleil was her best friend...Aww I hope they work it out. Helena would be such a perfect babysitter. Is Soleil French or does she just speak it? That's pretty cool either way. Helena will probably think Max is even more of a "loser" now just because he got Soleil pregnant and doesn't exactly have a real job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! :) Soleil was at her breaking point. A person can only take so much when they're constantly being judged by someone who tells them they are their friend. Yes, she did feel like Soleil was her best friend, but her social awkwardness was making her not treat Soleil right, she just kept making her madder and madder. LOL. Time heals, so probably after the baby's born, Soleil won't be as hormonal and some time away from Helena now that she's moving in with Max will also calm the storm.

      Soleil's mom is French, but Soleil's American. Her mother taught her to speak French, so she knows two languages. XD

      LOL! That last thought is very much a Helena thought. That made me laugh. :)

      Delete
  15. I wasn't expecting Noelle to reappear in the story -- and it is very tranquilizing for Soleil to get to know and actually get along with the girl that threw herself on Max, and who is now apologizing. If she had any doubts left, Max's version is corroborated.

    Somehow, I don't feel Soleil has the same depth of character as Max or even Helena -- but she did act like a good friend, saying the truth about Helena and her behavior. She is giving Helena a chance to improve.

    It came as a surprise when Helena blurted she was jealous. I did not think she had that understanding, but it could explain her behavior to some extent. She is very confused and demonstrates it when saying "You and Max live sinful lives, and are surrounded by happiness." or " I wanted him to have a girlfriend, but in a way I don't feel like he deserves it because he's living in sin." Her religious beliefs are not making her living any easier, and she is torn between her faith and reality, as it is being presented to her. Poor girl. She will have to sort her own way through her faith and feelings. I hope she can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, Noelle is a college student too, so there was a chance she would show up on campus at some point. It just so happened that once Noelle's transfer papers came through, she was assigned to Soleil's dorm. Soleil believed Max 100% when he told her about Noelle because that is how their relationship is, they trust each other until the other person gives them reason not to. Noelle really did just hit on Max by accident, and she had no intentions to be manipulative, once Max said he had a girlfriend, Noelle laid off.

      Awww, haha, I would hope the depth of Soleil's character comes out later, I tried to give all my characters complicated personalities to keep them realistic. Soleil's kind of quiet, so maybe that's why you feel that way. Well, quiet until she gets pushed to the point of being incredibly angry, hence her blowing up at Helena, which yes, is her giving Helena some things to think about, and if Helena chooses to take her advice, she could improve herself. Soleil wants respect, and she is forgiving, which is why she was able to talk to Noelle even though Noelle was the source of conflict earlier. Noelle respected her by apologizing, and then by asking her if she needed help. That part of Soleil, the forgiving part, will come in later on in the story, and maybe her depth of character will come out more then.

      Helena's complicated, as often times her thoughts don't match her actions, and vice versa. The jealousy comment she had was very contradictory to her actions because she keeps telling Soleil her and Max are wrong, but at the same time, she wants love like theirs, also while not wanting them to be together. To an outsider, Helena does seem crazy, and often times she will say things like that which will surprise people. It's ultimately up to Helena if she wants to change because I believe if a person doesn't want to change, they won't. She was a very complicated character to write. LOL.

      Delete
  16. Ah, French. I love that you added that! So cool. I'm happy that Soleil finally stood up to Helena. She really doesn't need that stress and negativity in her life right now (then again, who does ever?). And you know, maybe after having admitted her jealousy, Helena can maybe begin to work on overcoming that. She and everyone around her would be much happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! French is my favorite foreign language, hands down. XD
      LOL, so true, all the added stress of being friends with Helena is something no one needs.
      Yeah, we can definitely hope that Helena takes what she just vocalized into her own head and do something about it instead of meddling in other people's lives.

      Delete
  17. Helena has some issues that she needs to work out. It's about time that Soleil moves on from her. She's about to have a child,she doesn't need any unnecessary drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Helena has some definite issues, that all seem to contradict each other. *sighs* LOL.
      Max found a house at the perfect time because now Soleil can ride out the rest of her pregnancy in peace. It would be so terrible for the baby if Soleil continued to live with Helena. O_O Can you imagine? LOL. Helena would be such a pain, especially since Soleil didn't want Helena to know she was pregnant, so she could be spared the annoyance of being judged, yet again, by her.

      Delete
  18. Wow...some how I think everything she just said will go in one ear and out the other when Helena wakes up in the morning. She has a short attention span or something because she never remembers how her actions affect those around her from one minute to the next.

    Seriously, she went from Max flirting with that girl to him sleeping with her??? What proof did she have? NONE instead she's making up lies just because she can't find happiness. NEW FLASH stop being a judgmental bitch and you might!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are 100% correct on that note, Helena has a hard time putting aside what she thinks is right, which causes her to keep on falling into the same patterns. She's blinded in a sense, by her own judgments and thoughts.

      Ugh, she did the worst thing possible, which is make an ass of herself by assuming. Yeah, she just went there, which is why Soleil exploded. *shakes head* Often times, people with Helena's personality never have proof, and they can't be convinced otherwise. It's a sad case for sure. Helena's going to lose all her friends if she keeps this up.

      Delete
  19. So Helena thinks that she is the good one? More like a goody two shoes that passes judgement on everyone. I'm glad that Soleil told Helena off as that has been a long time coming. Helena needed to hear those words. She is jealous of their happiness because she can't have a relationship of her own because she is so willing to believe the worst of everyone whether or not its the truth. She had no reason to believe that Max slept with that girl but yet that is exactly what she said happened. If Helena wants to be happy she needs to lighten up and then maybe she will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Helena thinks she's the good one. Crazy huh? ROFL.
      Your assessment of her is most accurate. XD
      IKR? If she worked on herself, and stopped meddling with other people's lives, maybe she could find herself some happiness.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com