Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Armand Eight: Foul Play?


The three story, split level, two bedroom, three bathroom house towered over us, complete with a two car garage and a patio with grill. It was the most unique house I had ever seen in my life, and it was just the thing Remy and I were looking for, close to campus, but yet far enough away that we wouldn't be disturbed by the majority of the college students. We got a deal on the price too because the seller had wanted to offload the property quickly. He was tired of holding on to the house since he wanted to start renting apartments out to people instead. The house was furnished already, so Remy and I wasted no time moving in and getting settled.

The first day of class came and went, and I had just finished my last class of the day, which was an art history lecture, after which the professor assigned a chapter reading along with an assignment where I had to answer the questions found at the end of it. I decided to stay on campus for the remaining daylight hours to do my homework in the courtyard that was in the middle of campus. It was gorgeous, well kept, and a very peaceful place to study, with multiple benches surrounding the perimeter of the patio, lined every so often with a picnic bench, and a beautiful fountain in the middle. I took my textbook out of my bag and sat down at one of the picnic tables, setting my frapuccino next to me, and putting my bag down by my feet.


"The history of art goes back to the Stone Age, when early man painted on cave walls. Stone or bone tools were used to scratch engravings into the face of the wall. There were some naturally occurring colors in the earth such as clay, manganese oxide, and iron oxide that the cave man would use to add color to their drawings."

"Hahaha! Oh wow, can you believe Professor Galia today? Assigning us four chapters to read? Those things aren't short either! It's only the first day of school, I mean, seriously."

A few girls came into the courtyard, giggling, and bitching about their professor, but I just ignored them because it was unrealistic for me to think that I'd be able to study here without anyone else coming in as well. They gathered over at one of the other picnic tables, while I just continued to read my book.


"Some ancient sculptures have been found from the time of cave paintings, many of them which appear to be female figurines. These figurines were often used in fertility cults and rituals. In the Neolithic period, cave men started to figure out how to do simple acts of agriculture and hunting."

Agriculture and hunting? I thought this was an art history class, not a history class... I guess I wouldn't put it past the university to combine text books for certain classes due to laziness and wanting to save money in their budgets. Or maybe I was just being dumb, after all, it's not like the textbook had suddenly stopped talking about art, seeing as it picked it up again quickly in the next paragraph.

"Metal started to become a popular tool for sculptures, and people started building large structures, such as burial chambers, temples, and monuments. Stonehenge was built during the Chalcolithic era, and is known as a Megalithic complex."

"Hey Reese, is that Butt-shot walking past us?"

"Oh my god, Sara, you're right, it totally is. Hey... BUTT-shot!"


"Look guys, she's scared. Are you scared, big fat Butt-shot? Why do you have such a long shirt on? Oh I know why, it's to cover up your muffin top. Your ass looks huge in those yoga pants. Why are you even wearing yoga pants, do you know what yoga is? You probably don't, or your ass wouldn't be that fucking huge."

"Ugh, why is her hair blue?"

"Good question, Beth. Why is your hair fucking blue, Butt-shot? Don't you know that only makes it look like you dipped your hair in paint? That's so stupid! It's not hip, dumbass. It makes you look like the idiot who forgot to rinse last year's Halloween Kool-Aid dye out of her hair! Is that what you did, Butt-shot? Huh? Poor widdle baby?"

"No... Please, will you just leave me alone?"


"Excuse me? What the fuck did you just say to me? Butt-shot? Did you just call me a bitch because I won't leave you alone? This is a free country, I can do whatever I want. Did you hear her, girls, she called me a bitch!"

"Yeah, I heard it, Reese."

"Me too."

"This bitch needs to be taught a lesson."


"Ow! Please, NO! Don't do that! Please!"

"What's the matter, BUTT-shot? Thought you'd have had enough padding in that monstrous sized ass of yours to take a fall to the concrete. But anyway, shut the fuck up. This is going to be fun, okay? Ready? Watch!"


"Please, DON'T! That's my homework!"

The sun was starting to set, making it hard for me to continue to read my chapter, so I decided to pack up, head home for the day to catch up with Remy, and probably eat dinner with him. As I got up, I just so happened to look over at the group of girls I had heard bitching earlier, but noticed that they now seemed to be crowded around another girl who was on the ground. Shit, were they going to beat her up? I should go help her. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran over to the girls, just in time to see Reese... pour coffee all over the blue haired girl's binder.

"Reese? What the fuck are you doing?! You don't pour coffee on people's shit! That's so rude!!"


"Oh my god, Armand! Hi, sexy!"

"What? Don't 'sexy' me! Leave this chick alone! What were you going to do, beat her up?"

"Oh god, no, I don't want to dirty my hands with bruises, no of course not. Want to grab a bite to eat?"

"NO, I don't want to grab a bite to eat! Jesus, Reese, are you nuts?"

"Ok, ok, whatever. Look, if you want to hang out with Butt-shot, be my guest. I'm done with her ugly big fat ass anyway. See you around, sexy Armand."


Reese threw the coffee cup on the ground and smiled at me, finally leaving the courtyard with her two bimbo friends, giggling as they walked away. I looked down at the blue haired girl and she had pulled her knees to her chest, sitting there looking defeated with tears running down her cheeks. I crouched down next to her, grabbing some tissues out of my backpack to try to blot the coffee out of her homework, even though I knew it was ruined, it didn't mean that she had to carry around a wet binder.

"You- you don't have to do that, you've already done so much. Thank you, Armand, is it?"

"Yeah, that's right. What were those girls' problems?"

"I'm not sure, but they were making fun of my last name, which is always pronounced wrong by teachers. My whole life, I've been bullied for it. Usually I get called something with the word butt in it, or butcher."


"If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is your last name?"

The blue haired girl sighed heavily, hanging her head, and for a second I thought she wasn't going to answer me, but she looked up and did.

"It's spelled B-U-T-C-H-E-T, pronounced byoo-shay. It's French, and no one here in America can say it right. I'm not from France, but my family kept the French pronunciation of the name because it sounds bad in English, as you witnessed today."

"Byoo-shay. That's a really pretty name."


I noticed the blue haired girl start crying again as I spoke.

"Thank you. No one has ever taken the time to say my last name correctly, let alone call it pretty."

"What's your first name, Miss Butchet?"

"It's Desiree."

I helped Desiree up off the ground and handed her the coffee-stained binder, which was now mostly dry.


"It's wonderful to meet you, Desiree."

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you too, Armand."

"All right, I was on my way home, are you okay now?"

"Yeah, those girls are gone, I should be fine. Thank you again."

"No problem, I'll see you around campus."


As I walked home, I lit a cigarette, thinking about Reese and how big of a jerk she was, shaking my head at the whole situation. We were in college, weren't those days of torturing people because their names sounded funny over now? I can't believe Reese was so cruel to ruin Desiree's homework. It was all so juvenile. I guess some people just never grow up. My thoughts then went to Desiree, and how I had felt this need to protect her even though she was a complete stranger. The whole situation vaguely reminded me of my mother, and how she and Carisa would gang up on me in a way and tell me I needed to look a certain way, or wear certain clothes, and I hated the sight of someone else being treated that way, so it made me feel this urge to help.. I guess I hadn't noticed soon enough, since Desiree's homework got ruined, but I knew I had helped her feel better emotionally about the situation. I don't know if I believed that Reese wasn't going to physically bully Desiree, but I did lean towards not since she just seemed more like the 'damage your feelings' kind of bully from what I saw and the things I had heard her say as I was walking up to them.


As I approached mine and Remy's house, I saw that the lights were already on, glad that Remy was home already. It was nice to have a friend to hang out with and talk to. Gradually over time, I had come to realize that being in my own head wasn't something that I needed to do because it was only hurting me. Once I got over the feeling that everyone was just going to scream at me if I told them how I felt, it became much easier to be friends, and I had found that Remy and I had become even closer because of it.


Meanwhile... at the sorority house, Chi Omega, two days later...


Reese goes into the kitchen of her sorority as usual, to make herself some breakfast. Everything seems normal until she sits down to eat. When she puts a bite of food in her mouth, it seems to be tasteless and textured like sand. Reese wonders if she forgot to put the sugar into the pancake batter. However, she cannot explain the texture. She picks up the pancake in her hand and it feels soft, like it should, she pulls it apart with her fingers, and it's reacting normally. She dips some of the pancake into the syrup, and eats another bite. Again, tasteless and gritty. Reese doesn't understand what is happening, making a mental note to go to the university's clinic in between her classes.


When she gets to the clinic, the nurse on duty does some routine tests, like taking her blood pressure and temperature. Reese tells the nurse what symptoms she has been having, and the nurse draws some blood, then leaves the room. In a few minutes, the nurse comes back with the results, which say that there are no toxins or artificial chemicals in Reese's body. The nurse says Reese probably just had some old flour in her pancakes or something and then discharges her. Reese doesn't really believe the nurse, but she has nothing else she can say or do to make the nurse do any more tests because she feels fine except for her seemingly losing her taste that morning at breakfast.



The rest of the day goes on, and Reese tries to eat another meal, having the same result as before, where she cannot taste her food, and it always has a strange texture. This time, her pasta she is having for lunch is hard as a rock, when it should be soft and chewy. The sauce she puts in it does not help soften it, and she knows it is cooked because when she picks it up on her fork, it droops down around the sides of the fork, showing that it is soft. Reese becomes frustrated with this meal and pushes it away in anger, sitting for a moment, pondering what she should do... Some other sorority sisters enter and eat food, and Reese looks at them savoring it, wondering what exactly is wrong with her. She decides to try sipping on a juice box, hoping that it will at least give her some nutrients. As she clamps her lips around the straw, the juice comes up in her mouth and she opens her eyes wide because she can taste it! It is a box of orange juice, and she can taste the oranges and sugar that are in the juice. Now Reese is really confused because she doesn't understand why she can taste juice, but not solid food.


At dinner time, Reese has a bowl of macaroni and cheese, and it has the right texture, but it tastes burnt. She knows it is not burnt because it is bright yellow and creamy. Reese starts getting frustrated, and wonders if she is going crazy. She asks her friend Sara to taste her food and her friend looks at her strangely, but takes a bite, saying that it's macaroni and cheese. Reese asks if it tastes burnt to her, and her friend says no, not at all, it's creamy and cheesy. All Reese can do is just nod and keep her mouth shut because she doesn't want her friend to think she is crazy, even though she feels like that is exactly what is happening to her. That night, Reese goes to bed early, hoping that a new day will give her a fresh start.


The new day never comes, however, because Reese never wakes up. Beth, her roommate, gets up the next morning and talks to Reese like she normally does, but unlike most mornings, Reese doesn't respond. Beth goes over to Reese's bed to investigate, only to find out that Reese is deathly pale, cold, and still. Beth calls Reese's name a few times and shakes her, then panics and calls 911. When the authorities come to Chi Omega, the coroner says that Reese died around 11pm the previous night. 



Her body is collected and taken away, while the detective on the scene stays to question Sara and Beth, who were Reese's closest friends. Sara and Beth are questioned separately, in case foul play was involved, the detective doesn't want the girls to work together to hide the truth.

"Girls, I'm Detective Balestrom, can I ask you a few questions?"


Sara and Detective Balestrom go into the living room to talk, while Beth is instructed to go into the bedroom.

"Sara, where were you around 11pm last night?"

"I was in my bed reading."

"When was the last time you spoke to Reese?"

"Around dinner time, it was about 6pm. Reese asked me to taste a bite of her macaroni and cheese because she said it tasted funny."

"What did she mean by funny?"


"Burnt. She said it tasted burnt. I was confused because her macaroni was yellow, and it looked fine, it couldn't have possibly be burnt. I tasted it, as she requested, and to me, it tasted normal."

"Did you notice anything else about Reese that night?"

"Hmm... she stopped eating the macaroni after I tasted it, but I just guessed she was frustrated from it tasting wierd. I saw her throw it away a few minutes after I had talked to her."

"Okay, thank you."

Sara leaves after being questioned and then Detective Balestrom moves on to Beth, Reese's other close friend.


"Beth, you shared a room with Reese, correct?"

"Yes, I did."

"Was Reese in bed already before you went to bed?"

"Yes."

"Did you interact with her before you fell asleep?"

"No, when I went into the room she looked like she was sleeping, so I kept quiet."

"What was Reese like throughout the day? Any odd behavior?"

"Yeah, I was done working out, and I went to eat lunch. Reese was sitting at the counter scowling at her food, I didn't know what was wrong, but I didn't ask. Sometimes she would get in moods, and the best way to deal was to leave her alone until she decided to open up."


"So you left her alone. Did you see her do anything strange with her food?"

"Yes, she basically dumped the entire plate of pasta in the trash, and walked away."

"In your years of knowing Reese, have you known her to have an eating disorder?"

"If she did, she kept it hidden, but I do remember her being very cautious about her figure. She always wanted to be fit, and she would often make fun of girls she thought were fat."

"All right, I think I have everything I need. Thank you for your time."

A few more days pass, and an autopsy is performed on Reese's body. Medical examiners find no evidence of foul play and the investigation is closed, with the results released to the media. News of Reese's death makes it into the university newspaper.



Guest Starring: Detective Victor Balestrom from my completed story, The Compound
Credits: Armand's textbook lessons were from the Wikipedia page about Art History, and I paraphrased some of the facts. The fake newspaper text was created using a newspaper generator at fodey.com.

26 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I love Armand and Remy's new house! Did you build it? If so, good job! It looks great. XD

    Ugh. Stupid girls. I hate girls. Aw. I totally thought Butchet was pronounced Byoo-shay. I like her name. People are so freaking immature. And Armand's such a sweetheart. Not only helping her, but complimenting her as well. And I'm happy Armand is settling in and his and Remy's relationship has gotten stronger. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. *wraps Armand in a big squishy hug* lol And I like your pose! The liquid on the notebook was a good touch, looked so real! ^_^

    She can't taste her food. But it looks and feels normal?...*whistles a little song* You remind me of the babe with the power of voodoo. Who do.You do.....Interesting...Although, I wasn't expecting her to DIE! 0.0 Oh my. Very curious to see what's going to happen next in this story. Are more deaths going to occur in the future? It's getting more curiouser and curiouser by the minute. ;) I love your newspaper article. It turned out great! And look at that handsome detective... ;)

    Lovely chapter, love. It was worth the wait. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did build that house. Thank you. LOL. I think it's the best house I've built to date. I hope I can show the inside more, I kept trying to do it in the chapter, but it didn't feel right. *shrugs* Maybe I can in another chapter, or just do a separate non-chapter post showing it off. I'm really proud of it, so I'm glad you like it too.

      LOL. I hate girls too. XD Her name is very cute, when normal people look at it. LOL. >_> Reese, you butthead. XD I love that you knew how it was pronounced, haha, I wasn't sure how many people would. Once Armand realized something was going on that was uncalled for, he really got a fire in his heart to help her LOL. Yeah, he felt like she needed to hear some nice words after she got ripped a new one by Reese. Plus, he knows how irritating it is when people bitch and nag about your appearance, from his mom and Carisa doing it, so that made him want to compliment her even more. Armand's come a long way from how insecure and self-loathing he was a year ago, haha. D'aww, thanks! I enjoyed that photo editing thing, LOL, it was really fun. I actually had a thing called "Coffee Stain" in my editing program, and that's where I got the idea that Reese would pour coffee on Desiree's binder. LOL..
      Armand: *hugs you back*

      *giggles* Yup... them strange things happening in Louisiana. >_>
      MUAHHA, yeah I was totally going to make her die. >:D Oh yeah, more deaths will happen... definitely... hehehe. Thanks! I really enjoyed making that newspaper article too, at first I thought I'd just write it in italics, sort of like Armand's textbook, but then I thought nah, it should be more exciting than that. IKR? I miss Victor... his part in The Compound was small too, so I thought he'd be my resident detective. ROFL. He's too fucking handsome to just sit in my bin. XD

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh wow, I love that house. It's perfect for Armand and Remy! And awww, they're moving in together? I'm so glad that they became friends so quickly, especially with how Armand seems to be such a loner, it's just nice to see him have a friend, and so close by, too. <3

    I really, really love how you wrote how Armand was trying to study, getting distracted, then going right back to reading and studying.. That whole back and forth thing like he wasn't listening, but it was the kind of thing where he couldn't help but overhear haha idk why, I just really liked that.

    Holy SHIT do I want to crush their skuulllsss omggg hahaha Ugh! I can actually really relate to the blue haired girl cause I used to get grief like that for my crazy hair colors too, (granted they were in high school and not college) but wow, I absolutely can't stand girls that point out such petty shit like that.. It's like, who fucking cares?? Blue hair doesn't hurt anyone?? Omgg.. anyways.. *takes a deep breath* Reading on. LOL

    Omfg...
    "This is a free country, I can do whatever I want." That BITCH stated, and yet, that's exactly what the girl they're making fun of IS DOING.. It's a free country, so why can't she have blue hair and do what SHE wants?? omg I'm so mad at them!? >_< *cough* and last time I checked, having a big ass ain't a bad thing.. >_> Those bitches are just jealous.. XD

    Awww *sings* Here Armand comes to save the daaayyy! LOL Which is actually super surprising to me since he's so "loner" like and doesn't seem like the type of person to step in to something like that, especially bullying.. But, Armand has really been bettering himself, so I'm actually really, really proud of him for sticking up for someone he doesn't even know. That just shows in itself how far he's come. He's so caring and nice and perfect and hfjahfhshkshs T_T

    Apparently my comment is too long, so this is 1 of 2 XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. :D I think it's probably the best thing I've built to date, especially since I used to just build square houses. -_- LOL. Yup, back in the last semester, when Armand and Remy first met, they hung out a lot, even though Armand at the time was in his own head. He liked having Remy's company because Remy knew how to give Armand his space when he needed it, so Armand felt comfortable around Remy. Remy's behavior reminds him of how Patrick treats him, so there was that instant connection. When Remy said he needed a new place to live because of his crazy roommate, Armand wanted to live with him. I didn't show it a whole lot, but they met like the first week of class, so they had the whole semester to know each other. Armand might have seemed like a loner in how he always ran away from Katya to his room to go work on one of his hobbies, but he actually wants friends. He just didn't know how to make them, and he had such low self esteem, he thought no one wanted to be his friend, so why even try.

      Aww thanks. I actually went to memories of how I felt when I was reading my textbooks in college. This is why to this day, I cannot read a book, LOL. I always constantly think of other shit, or listen to something in the background, and then I'm like shit I was reading this book, dammit. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      LOL. Crush away. They deserve it. Aww, well despite the bad memory it brought up, I'm glad you could relate to it, only for the fact that I tried to keep it realistic. IKR? I don't understand bullies like that, or bullies in general, they're always finding something really unimportant and fixate on it like an asshole. Yeah exactly, it's hurting no one, so whatever.

      Haha, the sheer irony of that line of "this is a free country" made me laugh when I wrote it, just because she's being such a giant hypocrite and not realizing it because she's too stupid. LOL. Making fun of people's size I've found a lot of times actually does stem from jealousy, you're absolutely right, haha, like they're so insecure about their own bodies that the only way they've found to cope is to tell other people they look stupid so they don't have to think about the fact that they don't like the way they look. XD

      *giggles* Yeah, Armand totally saved her. True, he does like to keep to himself, but he also is a gentleman, and when he saw a lady who did nothing wrong get abused like that, he felt like he should help. He also felt more confident about it because he knew Reese. Not saying he wouldn't have helped if it hadn't been Reese, but it made it easier for him to go up to them and yell at her. LOL. Definitely a great point, Armand has been trying to do new things ever since he's quit being so introspective. He's actually paying attention more to his surroundings, a lot more than he ever did last semester.

      Delete
  3. Annnddd 2/2

    Omg a French name.. Byooshayy, so cute and sexy, just like every other French name ever. LOL
    Aww, blue haired girl has a name now! Desiree.. Such a pretty name <3 She's so cute, too.. I really like her!

    Ugh, Armand's so right.. That name calling bullshit is so "high school or "middle school" even.. I guess some people just never grow out of it, even in college *rolls eyes so hard at those girls that my eye fucking hurt*
    Ohhh I see now.. Armand felt ganged up on before in his life, which now he feels like he needs to stick up for those people that are ganged up ON, as well.. He's gained so much confidence, though, I'll say that again haha I just love him to death. He's so sweet T_T
    Ohhh, before in my comment I talked about how him and Remy grew so close so fast, but you explained it at the end of Armand's POV.. Yay! Thank you for that heheh ^_^

    oOOooo third person... *reads eagerly*
    Oh shit.. It's eerie.. Why can't she taste anything?? Wtf.. The doctor can't even find anything? ....WHat's goiINg oNnnn?? LOL

    "The new day never comes, however, because Reese never wakes up."
    *cackles uncontrollably* Oh, God.. Should I really be laughing at that? >:D Serves her right, that bitch.. >_>

    *faints from the Paramedic* LOL he's really hot. XD

    Annnddd onto the next fainting point:
    "Girls, I'm Detective Balesjdhgahkas *loses consciousness* He's so hotttt LOLL *doesn't care about the girls at all*
    Omgg all those questions that the detective asked where just like my own question that I MYSELF had.. I know Armand's generation is based off of Rosemary's Baby, but I've never seen that movie before, so I STILL have no idea wtf is happening!? LOL
    Wow.. "Starvation after suffering from complications of an eating disorder.." Hmm.. Although I can see that happening with these types of girls anyways, it still seems so fishy.. Hahaha *contemplates with self for a while..*
    You did an amazing job with the newspaper cutout of Reese! WOw!

    I think I need another chapter in order to confirm or deny my speculations.
    Incredible chapter! Absolutely loved it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you know me, and my French names. LOL. You too of course. ^_^ Awww, thanks, I have always liked that name, it just sounds so elegant. Man, I spent like years trying to figure out what I wanted her to look like, she went through many different versions before I finally got this version of her, which I adore. She's cute and quirky, a little geeky/nerdy, but adorable. I felt like my first 2 gen spouses were the supermodel types, like really gorgeous, which is fine, but I wanted to mix things up a little, so Desiree's a little more plain looking, but she's pretty underneath it.

      IKR? Name calling for no reason. It's like if you don't like someone, just don't interact with them, don't go out of your way to be a giant asshole. *slaps Reese and her friends* Yup! Haha, Armand knew firsthand what it feels like to be in Desiree's position, and it turned him into a huge wreck, so he felt compelled to get her out of that situation, even if she was a stranger at first. Plus, he's been warming up to the idea of making friends now that he feels like he is worth it. You're welcome. :) I'm glad you got your questions answered through the chapter itself.

      LOL. Yeah third person, I didn't see any reason for any of the main characters to be present for Reese's experience, and going into first person of any of the sorority girls made no sense to me, so third person it is! Glad you liked it.
      Good... good... eerie is what I was going for. *rubs hands together*

      LMAO, yeah, I always knew she was going to die... there was like no question in my mind whether she should be left alive. Hahaha.

      ROFL, thank you. I enjoyed making him, even though he only got 3 picture.s. LOL. Poor, hot paramedic dude. XD He doesn't even have a name, his name is First: Para, Last: Medic. LOL.

      LOL I missed Victor, so I thought him being the detective here would be much better than him just sitting my bin being bored. XD Haha, good, I'm glad the questions were ones that made sense, I kept picturing a CSI episode when I was writing that part. LOL. Hence the black and white flashback pics. XD

      Well, in Rosemary's Baby, wierd shit happens that is just like wtf is happening?! So... LOL, your reaction is right on track. Heehee, definitely fishy and strange crap going on. I'm so excited to be getting to this part of the generation where I could incorporate more of the movie inspiration. It's going to be so fun haha.

      Aww, thank you, I initially thought I'd just write an article like in italics, similar to Armand's textbook, but I thought more and was like nahh, it needs to be more exciting, so yeah an actual newspaper. XD

      LOL, well, thanks so much for reading and leaving me these great comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. HEY!!! I recognize that bedroom :D ...
    It just dawned on me how weird that was gonna come out - but I was too excited not to say it. lol

    Reese is actually pretty cute - too bad she's an absolute moron. -.- And the cherry on the top of the shit sundae that is this girl? she's an asshole too. :sigh: Seriously. probably seven years old is too old to be making such a big joke out of a miss-pronunciation of someones name. Besides, Desiree isn't even that hefty. :/ I guess some assholes just have to be shitting on someone... >n< (please excuse my offensive language/analogy... it just seemed to fit so well)

    It's super weird how Reese died and I've been puzzling about it all day. At first I was pretty sure Desiree poisoned her - but then I remembered that Sara had a bite of her mac&cheese and she was fine... So then I thought maybe Desiree cursed her or something.. But, even if that was the case just one day of not being able to eat wouldn't kill a person - and she did drink the juice and it wasn't effected - so that kinda punches big holes in that theory...

    So - my latest conspiracy theory is that the Zenteri curse some how rubbed off on them. But instead of the one they love dying or themselves dying - any person that loves them that they no longer love is cursed to die. Helena - the last straw was betraying saint Patrick; Katya - the last straw was when she'd forced both her husband and son to compromise who they were; and now the curse is stronger with Armond and anyone who's even infatuated with him that he doesn't like is destined to die....

    I know it's not a very solid theory - but I'm totally out of ideas. lmao

    I'm proud of Armond for sticking up for Desiree. I hope they can be friends, pretty boy needs a few... no - more than that - he deserves a few. I understand how he'd want to make her feel better - having been there himself - but it takes a TON of guts to actually stand up to people (especially multiple peoples) when they're being jerks. So - *APPLAUSE FOR ARMOND*

    Hmmm.. I kinda glanced over Desiree because she was so plain - but once you said to Mrs.OogieBoogie that she's "pretty underneath" I gave her a second look and I totally see it :D
    She's actually fricken' ADORABLE!! I love that little bow tattoo she's got, it's so cute! And her glasses! they're quirky and fun! and a girl willing to rock those has GOT to have a fun sense of humor. I'm kinda looking forward to meeting her... unless, of course, if she is somehow killing people. Then maybe not so much...

    NO HURTING Mr. Adorable! I'm watching you >->! *hiss*!!

    *hides Armond under a blanket fort*...

    Cough... Well hey there Mr. Medic.... I may have to go hurt myself... Be right back.
    lmao ^u^ j/k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's okay. I had fun sharing a little bit of the pictures in the forum. I don't like spoilers, but showing pictures of the decor seemed all right to me. It also meant you paid attention to pictures I shared in there, which is a nice feeling. :)

      Reese is definitely a first class asshole, and really immature. IKR? Making fun of someone's last name? *rolls eyes* People have different names, it's like, get over it. Haha, yeah Reese was one of those toned people, goes to the gym a lot, whereas Desiree doesn't, so she's not necessarily big and fat, but she's just more ordinary with a little chub in the stomach area.

      LOL, no, Desiree didn't poison her, nor did she curse her. XD Just like Rosemary's Baby, which I know you haven't seen cause you told me in the forum, it's one of those mysterious things that doesn't get revealed till much later on, designed to keep you guessing. LOLL, your Zenteri theories are pretty funny and amusing. ^_^ No, although a seemingly probable idea because of the Zenteri curse being so wierd and not really definite, I have strayed away from that once I took Max out of that save and started Echoes. Anyway, there will be more mysteries happening in the generation and answers will unfold as it goes on, much like what I did with Jaxson in Patrick's generation. I like to leave suspicion, and then reveal when the time is right. :)

      IKR? Armand showed incredible bravery and confidence, a lot more than he had before in his first year of college. He is really trying to make himself a better person and now this includes helping others. He felt a little better, like he could do it, when he saw that it was Reese, since he'd had previous interaction with her. Not saying he wouldn't have helped Desiree if it had been a complete stranger tormenting her, but Reese being the one to do it, did give Armand courage.

      Yeah, haha. You're right though, I did design Desiree to be a little more plain than other girls I've created for past generations. I had always had the supermodel, really pretty look for the girls, so I wanted to mix things up a little bit here. You know me though, all my Sims have to be beautiful in their appearance, so I just went for the more plain style in her clothes and her hair. Desiree doesn't dress like a mismatched townie, but she also doesn't glam it up, and she doesn't do elaborate things with her hair, rather she just keeps it nice looking. Presentable. She just looks normal. LOL, yeah, her glasses, when I saw those in CAS I was like yeah... she needs those. Hahaha, I knew I wanted her to wear glasses, but I also knew I wanted her to not have the regular glasses. She's also plain in appearance, but she tries to make a statement with herself, hence her funky glasses and her blue hair. We'll get to meet her more in the chapters to come, I have an idea for how to start the next chapter, and she'll be in it again.

      Hahaha, yeah, understandable that you'd be suspicious, I haven't exactly written spouses as loving and supportive in past generations. However, I am shaking it up this generation, and I think I want the person Armand to end up with to be a nice person and they'll have a nice relationship. The couple in Rosemary's Baby is loving towards each other, and that's inspiration I'm putting to use in this generation too.

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :) I love hearing from you.

      Delete
  5. Ugh I hate girls like Reese and her friends. They're like a pack of wild yipping dogs. When one bites the others follow. I felt sorry for Desiree, she may not have been drop dead gorgeous but she wasn't butt ugly either. Reese and her friends were really immature for making fun of her name and hair color, etc.
    It was nice that Armand stood up for Desiree and using his past experience as motivation to help. He's come so far.
    I am a little concerned by the mysterious death of Reese and wonder what's going on. I can't help but wonder if her friends will die of mysterious causes as well.
    BTW I loved Armand's house and the newspaper article. Including the newspaper made it seem more real.
    I'm curious about the reference to Rosemary's Baby and may have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Reese and her friends are just stupid and immature. LOL, yes, yipping dogs, the kind who you want to just shut up, but they won't. >_< So true, Reese's friends just wanted to egg her on in her bullying of Desiree because it was something to do. *rolls eyes at them* Haha, yeah, Desiree's more just average looking, pretty yet plain. XD IKR? Hair color and name, are not things to make fun of, it's not like Desiree had a choice on her name, and her hair is something she wanted to do. It's so lame when people tell you what you like is stupid.
      Yeah, Armand is growing a lot in character, after finding his way over Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Once he got over all the crap in his past that was holding him back, it allowed him to find the person he wanted to be.
      Heehe... Reese's death was meant to be a what the fuck moment, LOL, which is a hint to Rosemary's Baby. So if you're confused, or wondering, that's good, that's what I wanted to happen. Things will be revealed later on, sort of like how I wrote Jaxson's story line in generation two. The mystery surrounding the whole generation, and then details coming out as the time comes. Basically all you should know from the movie is that it has a lot of psychological thrills and wierd occurrences that keep you guessing till the end. There will be more deaths throughout the generation, each as equally mysterious as Reese's, but for now, I have no plans to kill her two friends. They were not right in what they did to Desiree, but Reese really was the main antagonist in that whole situation.
      Thank you! I liked building his house, it was my first try at something sort of mish-mash, yet somehow fits together. I'm glad you liked the newspaper, at first I was just going to write it in italics, but then I thought hmm... if I put it in a newspaper, it would enhance the chapter more, I'm glad it came across that way to you too. :)
      As of the last time I checked, Rosemary's Baby was on Netflix. :D I have actually only seen the remake of it, which was a miniseries on CBS, but I don't think the two versions differ in a huge way. My mom saw the original Rosemary's Baby, which is the one on Netflix, and she said it was the creepiest thing she had ever seen. LOL. So. Yeah. O_O

      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me this comment! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi

    You have been nominated :) http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?page_id=3494

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, what had happened was.... I had a comment typed and then I never posted it because I felt like it was way too preachy towards the girls and way too long for no reason BECAUSE OF THE GIRLS. Lol and every time I tried to type something better I just got too busy but I'm going to try and write a less preachy and comment now.

    First things first, you wrote those girls REALLY well girl, because they got me mad :/ I mean for real, they had me all up in my feelings. They were just so out of line, and what the fuck is wrong with Reese?! Her and her little possee need to go somewhere and have several fucking seats. They act like everything in life is black and white and if you aren't one of those two, then something is wrong with you. Ugh a little rainbow never hurt nobdoy... :P They need to be more open minded and less judgemental.

    I'm really wondering if Reese *actually* had an eating disorder... Or did they just say that because they really didn't know... Hmmm. I mean an eating disorder is pretty psychological and she could've been thinking things tasted funny because she had an eating disorder.... But you mentioned black magic too... I don't know... *shakes head* Should I be worried now? :S Because I am.... Lol xD

    Desiree though... *puts hand on chest* I LOVE DESIREE! I've always been astounded by people with cool hair colors, just because I don't have the guts to be that bold, and I'm not fond of bleaching just to make the color actually show on my hair (black). Desiree seems pretty cool though, hopefully her and Armand will talk some more... I feel like there's a lot more to her and I'm dying to know.

    Lovely chapter, as always. :) Loved the props, especially the binder and the coffee photo... And the clinic was on point too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, and major kudos to Armand for stepping in and breaking that little fiasco up. Fuck Reese, he can do better than anyways... Even if she was just a hit it and quit it kind of thing :P

      Delete
    2. *ignore the and in the last sentence at the beginning*
      nobody*

      Delete
    3. LOL! Reese is a class A bitch, that's what's wrong with Reese. XD She just wanted an excuse to pick on someone, and Desiree is an easy target because Desiree is true to herself. Reese is definitely judgmental and it's even worse because it's not like she really cared that Desiree was doing things differently, she just wanted to make fun of her so that she could feel better about herself. She's genuinely a shitty person on the inside. Hahaha. Her friends, if separated from her, wouldn't be as nasty to people, they're just giving into the whole peer pressure thing, and they like Reese, so they help Reese with her mean ways.

      LOL. >:D Worried, paranoid, yes, these were the emotions I wanted to evoke with the mysterious circumstances surrounding Reese's death. I will say however, that yes, you are correct, they ruled cause of death to be an eating disorder because scientifically from the autopsy, that's the only thing that made sense. Things of course, will be revealed later on in the generation.

      Aww, haha, I'm glad you like Desiree. She's definitely strong in her own way, as evidenced by her willing to dye her hair blue, and wear crazy shaped glasses. However, she's also a little timid, considering she's been bullied for a lot of her lifetime. Desiree's a main character, this was her introduction chapter, so we will be seeing more of her throughout the generation, no doubt about that. LOL, yay I'm glad that you already see that there's a lot to her. :) Thank you for saying that.

      LOL, I enjoyed doing the coffee stain on the binder. Aww thanks, XD the clinic was fun to build.

      Haha, yeah Armand definitely was thinking of Reese as a hit it and quit it type of situation. He didn't think she had that much substance to her, and clearly he was right, after witnessing her behavior today. LOL.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Lckygrl!
    Thank you so much, I'm honored. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So is it foul play? I need to know! Lol! The question is, if it is foul play, was it the obvious person or did someone else take advantage of the situation? I'm so not good with waiting. . .Aaaaaa!!!!!!! lol!! ;)

    I can't stand girls like Reese, who make themselves feel good by putting others down. It amazes me that there are grown adults who do the same thing. . .just stupid. I felt so bad for Desiree, poor thing's just walking through the park and some bitches decide to pick a fight. Thank God for Armand stepping in! He and Desiree seem to have a nice introduction and I'm glad that I read up above that she's going to be a main character. :)

    So...can I know now...what happened to Reese? I waited a whole paragraph. . .no? I guess I'll have to keep reading to find out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dun, dun duuu-un! *jazz hands from the little Croods sloth* LOL. I'm not telling. *giggles* Rosemary's Baby is very mysterious and wierd things happen, and it's not till later that things get revealed, which is the vibe I'm starting to portray here. >:D It could be voodoo, dark magic, the devil, karma, Reese really having an eating disorder, poison, ghosts, many, many possibilities. LOL.

      IKR? Reese just... she's acting like a crazy little child for no reason. *rolls eyes at her* LOL, totally, Desiree's just walking home, and she has to get harassed like that. Jeez. Armand and Desiree did enjoy each other's company for the brief moment they got to talk. They'll probably see each other around campus some. XD

      Reese died of complications from an eating disorder, just like the newspaper article said. >:D

      LOL, thank you for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  10. GAHHHHHHH. I feel so freaking shitty right now! I was just thinking about your blog and how I hadn’t seen an update lately, so I decidedly to check it out and LO AND BEHOLD this was posted a MONTH ago and I didn’t even see it!!!! Ughhh! *head desk* I’m so sorry. I really don’t know how I missed this so completely. Enough about my substandard intelligence though—how about that chapter?!

    First of all: *stands up* *cracks knuckles* *attacks the living hell out of those stupid effing girls*!!!! What complete bitches! And then they have the nerve to flirt with Armand as if they haven’t done anything so freaking deplorable!?!?! GAHH. Thank goodness Armand has sense and a good heart because if he had gone off with Reese and the others I might have had to attack him too, LOL. Of course, I know that Armand would never actually do that….*huggles him*

    Speaking of how amazing Armand is, UM that shot where he’s all “What’s your first name, Miss Butchet?” *melts a thousand times* What a cutieeeeee and again, such a good man too. There’s definitely something about Desiree that I like, so I really hope that we see more of her. I guess like Armand I feel the need to protect her, heh.

    Oh…oh jeez. See this is the point where I mention that I’m actually writing this comment AS I’m reading, with both screens open simultaneously. Reese, DIED? I mean, yes I know I was attacking the living hell of her moments ago but….death? This has me ten degrees of uneasy. OH MY GOSH what if my good feelings about Desiree were WRONG? What if she’s like…a witch or something and cursed Reese! Okay now I’m VERY uneasy here and not only because a 19 year old girl just seemingly dropped dead out of nowhere. An eating disorder as the cause of death definitely does not add up seeing as Reese was very alarmed by this change and WANTED to eat, but the weird taste wasn’t allowing her to. FOUL PLAY INDEED.

    I think the shit just hit the fan in Armand’s generation and I’m dying to know now what happens next! I’m keeping this blog at the top of my bookmarks this time so I don’t end up commenting a MONTH late—ugh. So sorry about that again :( But hey, even with unintended extra wait, it was totally worth it!

    Also, awesome touch with the newspaper generator! I get so lazy with that stuff sometimes, but perhaps I shouldn’t be because that was a really clever touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Aww, apology accepted. LOL. Even though I don't mind when you come to read it. XD I love that you did though, and that you left me this wonderful comment. ♥

      LOLL, yesss! *watches as you attack them, munches on popcorn* What a great show. ^_^ IKR? Reese is... she has some nerve, that one, LOL, hitting on Armand after he obviously, clearly stood up for Desiree. The other two, Sara and Beth, are shitty for going along with Reese, but they are just her yes women. Had Sara and Beth been hanging out in the park by themselves minus Reese, they would have left Desiree alone. LOL. Armand wasn't falling for Reese's pretty face, he's got a mind of his own. XD Once he caught wind of what was happening, he got triggered with memories of how his mother and Carisa used to 'gang up' on him and tell him what he was wearing was lame, and how his haircut was lame, so he felt that urge to protect and save Desiree. He knows what it felt like to be teased like that, and he hates it when people get treated that way. Armand has a lot of compassion for people that deserve it. Hahaha.

      LOL, yes, I thought that was like a cool, chivalrous thing for Armand to do, just show Desiree the utmost respect, a bit like mimicking being her 'knight in shining armor' with his actions. XD Yes, I have plans to make Desiree a main character in the generation, and this was her introduction chapter. Aww, that's cute, that you want to protect her too. ^_^

      Yup Reese died. ROFL. Your uneasiness and theories are making me smile, in a good way. Desiree being a witch and laying the smack down on Reese was one of the possibilities I wanted people to gravitate towards, but as usual with me, things are never that easy, or this would be quite the lame generation. XD Uneasy feelings, however was definitely something I wanted to instill in readers. Yeah, Reese was alarmed, but she was the only one who knew that... Beth and Sara thought it looked like Reese just wasn't eating because they kept seeing her throw her food away with a look on her face like she hated her food. Combine that with the autopsy evidence that showed no nutrients had been absorbed in quite some time, in the scientific world, all points to eating disorder. However, since readers knew what Reese was thinking.. yeah, things point to foul play... >:D It's just a matter of what exactly happened since things are so wierd right now...

      LOL. Well... things certainly are quite wierd right now, but his generation has a ways to go, so shit hitting the fan now... seems a little early? Haha. I am definitely, however, getting things rolling at this point. Aww, well thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. =)

      LOL, thank you! I love adding little things into my chapters that can make them seem more real. =) Thanks so much for reading and commenting! ♥

      Delete
    2. Oh, hey, it's me again! (^_^)/ I LITERALLY WENT THROUGH LIKE THE SAME EXACT FEELINGS AS THE FIRST TIME, so very easy to spot myself, LOL. Only this time I was also like, "Oooooh, I remember this!" and got all excited because it's all just reminding me of how much I enjoy this story and the mystery you're weaving here. So good! ♥

      -LilyShadowWriter

      Delete
    3. Hi LilyShadow! :D I hope you don't mind me not typing your whole user name? If you do mind I can add the Writer part in for future replies. Just let me know, either here or in Tumblr. *hugs* I know sometimes people leave off the Simmer part of my name and just call me LateKnight which I don't mind, but I wanted to ask you, in case you do. :)
      Thanks for coming back, haha, it's cool you thought the exact same things, I was actually thinking that about Mrsobs's story, I was re-reading hers cause I'd caught up with yours, and when I see my comments, it's like the same thoughts are still true today. LOL. Yay!! Also thank you T_T for the compliments. :)

      Delete
  11. um, immature much??? Aren't they in college? I thought the days of being a pain in the ass bully should have been behind them, but I guess some people never grow up. Desiree is prettier than those girls anyway. It was really nice of Armand to step in and help. I can't believe she tried to hit on him. Was she the same girl from chapter 1, the one night stand chick?

    Oh...a mystery. What happened to Reece? Not that I liked her (but her name is cool) but that is odd. she was tasting funny things, but no poisons were found. Very odd indeed. I don't think this will be the last we hear of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well, if you think maturity level goes up just because you go to college, then you are mistaken. The pack mentality Reese and her friends had is definitely extremely immature, but it doesn't always go away for some people. Aww thanks, haha, Desiree appreciates that. XD Armand felt like Desiree needed assistance, haha. Yes, she is the same girl from chapter 1.

      Aww thanks, I liked her name too. Well... what happened to Reese will remain a mystery for now, and yes, the circumstances were very odd indeed. The only thing modern medicine and forensics was able to find all pointed to eating disorder, which is what they went with, but yes, the topic might come up again later. :D

      Delete
  12. Oh boy those girls were class A bitches. I felt so bad for poor Desiree and it was so valiant of Armand to come along and save the damsel in distress. Stupid Reece even thought it was a good idea to flirt with him after showing herself to be a true bitch.

    Reece was a bitch but she didn't deserve to die. Hmmmmm no signs of foul play? In New Orleans? Do I detect there might be a little bit of voodoo being practiced here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they were totally mean for no reason other than shallow, petty crap. Armand definitely was Desiree's knight in shining armor. Reese was... dumb. LOL. She was never the brightest crayon in the box, and it shows too how little she cared about people's feelings, and how shallow she is, because she was only nice to Armand because she thought he was handsome.

      MUAHAHHA, there is a reason I set this in New Orleans and had a mysterious death happen. *evil grin*

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com