Monday, March 30, 2015

Armand Seven, Part Two: Let it Go

"Grandpa Max!"

"Dad!"


Dad and I got off the couch and had a group hug with Grandpa Max, who looked great, as always. He was fifty-eight, and although his hair was now mostly gray, he didn't have a lot of wrinkles or health problems.

"Where's Mom?"

"Oh, she's downstairs with your fiancee, Patrick. Congratulations on the engagement, by the way. Ephemera's a sweet girl, I'm happy for you two. How are you doing, Armand? You look good."

"I'm fine, Grandpa Max. I've been having a great time back at home."

"School going all right?"

"Yes, I got on the Dean's List."


"Aah, that's amazing! I'm glad to see that your dad passed on the good old Hunt family intelligence to you."

"How are you, Grandpa Max?"

"Pretty good. I just got done filming a movie where I'm a mob boss. It's really exciting. I can't wait till it's released. How about you, Patrick? Besides being engaged, how is everything?"

"Going well. I have an opportunity to perform in Las Vegas next month, so I'm coming up with some new illusions for that."

"I am really glad to see you happy again and doing what you want, Patrick. I was worried about you when you were working at the accounting office, I knew that wasn't good for you."


As I was standing watching Dad and Grandpa Max talk to each other, I could see where Dad got his concern from. Grandpa Max was showing the same worry that Dad had shown me when I wasn't happy. At this point in my life, I was still way too young to even think of having a kid of my own, but if I did have one someday, I hoped I could be as understanding as Grandpa Max was to Dad, and Dad was to me. I felt a lot of warm feelings in my heart seeing the two of them interact with each other, and I could see how much their relationship mirrored mine and Dad's. Grandpa Max was often busy with work, as was Dad, but for them, it wasn't frequent get-togethers that kept them close, it was the mutual trust, respect, and love they had for each other. That was true for Dad and I as well, with me being away at college, I did call Dad and email him sometimes, but we didn't talk every day like some people did. However, we were still as close as ever. It was something I hadn't noticed with Mom and Dad. The first time I saw them have a fight, it was because Dad had stayed over at Emmanuel's house, and Mom was mad he wasn't there in person with her. From what I saw of how a good relationship was supposed to work, I felt like Mom didn't trust Dad, or respect the fact that he had a friend to hang out with.


Even though I felt much better about myself, there was one thing that was still on my mind, which was had I loved Mom? I knew what I had said at the hospital four years ago, but was that just me venting my frustrations, or did I actually truly hate Mom for all the things she had done to me? I knew no one would blame me if I said I didn't, or that I didn't know, because I came from a family where people were accepting of each other, and I guessed I didn't really need to answer that question right now, especially since no one had asked me. Why was I even thinking about that anyway? Who really cared? Why did I care so much about that stuff? I sighed a little at myself quietly, while trying not to make Grandpa Max or Dad feel like they were the source of me sighing, and tapped my fingers on my arm, trying to calm myself down.


Suddenly, I remembered the painting I had made earlier in the week that I wanted to give as an engagement present to Ephemera and Dad, wondering how I could unveil it. I thought it might be fun to do it after dinner and give a little speech or presentation about it. It was just a little piece of my style that I wanted to give to them. Dad and Grandpa Max were chatting away with each other, so I excused myself. They nodded and smiled at me, saying they'd see me down at dinner, and I made my way to my room to get the painting ready. I had been storing it on an empty nail hook on my wall until Thanksgiving, and I pondered what I should do. Did I really want to just lay it against the counter or something? It couldn't do any harm, it's not like anyone would knock it down, but I didn't want the canvas to get dirty either. I finally decided that I would just bring my easel downstairs and set the painting on it with a blanket over it.


Now that I had figured that out, I wanted to dress up a little bit, so I put on a different shirt before heading downstairs. As I arrived in the kitchen, I was greeted by Grandma Soleil.

"Armand! Hi, sweetie! How are you?"

"Hi Grandma Soleil, I'm good. You?"

"Doing well. Do you want some help with that?"

Grandma Soleil held onto the painting while I set up the easel. When I was done, she placed the painting on it.


"Is this an art presentation?"

"Sort of. I want to share it with everyone after dinner."

"Hey, you two, the table's set, I think dinner can start now."


Ephemera came over and grabbed our attention, and I was glad I had covered up the painting so I could still keep it a surprise even though it was down here. Grandpa Max and Dad came downstairs, and we all took our places around the dining room table. As Ephemera started passing some bowls around so we could each take a helping, I realized this was probably the first Thanksgiving dinner I was experiencing with a true family feel.


Past times, the only good Thanksgivings I remembered were when Grandpa and Grandma stopped by because Mom would try to behave herself to look good for them. Dad would cook a meal and we'd all eat together out on the back patio with an extra table to make room for the extra people in the house. When Dad worked at the accounting office, Mom tried to get something fancy planned, and we'd all eat dinner with tension so thick it needed to be cut in order to see the person at the other end of the kitchen bar. Mom would complain that Dad was sad and the dinner would be unpleasant, to say the least. Then when I started hitting adolescence, we quit having Thanksgiving all together because Mom and Dad were fighting nonstop. I supposed it was for the best because it wasn't like we had a whole lot to be thankful for other than being alive.

"I have an idea. It's something we've never done before, but I think this year is a particularly good year for it. Let's go around the table and share some stuff that happened that we are thankful for. I'll go first. I'm thankful for my upcoming gig in Las Vegas next month."


"I'm thankful for Armand, and my new-found friendship with him. I'm happy that he and I are getting to know each other better."


"I'm thankful for my health. I am still blessed with the ability to do my job without any major aches and pains. I really love it and I cannot imagine doing anything else."


"I'm thankful that Patrick is happy again. Your father and I were worried for you when you were going through your depression. I'm very glad you pulled through and rediscovered yourself."


Everyone had gone and said what they were thankful for, and it was now my turn. I was a little nervous, since like Dad had said, we had never done anything like this before as a family. I thought he was right though, this year was the best time for it because I felt like I did have things to share.

"I'm thankful for Ephemera. She has shown me what it's like to have a mother, and even though she isn't my biological mother, she has definitely been there for me, teaching me deep truths in the short time I have gotten to know her."


After our group sharing, we all continued catching up with what was going on in each others' lives, and also talked about random topics. When I saw that dinner was winding down, I decided it would be a good time for me to unveil my gift to Dad and Ephemera. I made an announcement to the table, and everyone stopped talking, eagerly awaiting what I was going to do. I got up, and retrieved the painting from under the blanket, displaying it to everyone as I did.


"I painted this on Tuesday morning. It's not really of anything, but it symbolizes what I have been feeling ever since I came home to visit. My mind and emotions have been all over the place, because as all of you know, this house didn't hold very many pleasant memories for me, up until now. These yellow streaks I painted are rays of positive energy that mimic the new memories I've made in these few short days. I used to think this house was full of sadness and despair, but now I view it as full of love and acceptance. Ephemera, I am truly sorry for how I acted when I heard about you and Dad's engagement. I hope you know what I said was not how I actually felt at all."

"I know, sweetie. Your father told me about the conversation you had after you stormed out. Apology accepted, of course, no doubt about that."

"Thanks, Ephemera. Dad, I'm sorry too."

"Water under the bridge, son."

"Last but not least, this painting is my engagement present to you guys. I'm really grateful that you will be my stepmom, Ephemera. You make my dad happy, and you make me happy too."

27 comments:

  1. Aww, this was such a cute chapter; I love have united, encouraging, and peaceful everyone was. :) It was nice seeing all three generations of Hunt men and I'm glad that they're doing well.
    (Also, I didn't know Maximus was only fifty-eight; I pegged him as being in his mid-sixties. :) )

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Max and Soleil were always non-drama filled, and for Patrick, Katya was the one causing him hell, so without her, family reunions are way more peaceful and happy. Armand needed this kind of environment to get even a little further in his healing process.

      LOL, yeah, I'm a giant nerd, and I have this text file of how old everyone is, so that I can age them appropriately in the story. Patrick is forty, so since Max was eighteen when he had Patrick, the math makes him fifty-eight. XD

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the chapters but I really think it is wrong for Ephemera to be with Patrick and I do think she planned this from day one.

    It was great seeing the generations together though. I love Max :) miss him alot in this story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi, Lckygrl, I love ya, but I am finding it hard to explain things to you without sounding like a broken record. ROFL. *pats back* Now, I'm not upset with you, or anything like that, and I do think it is completely fine that you don't like Ephemera.

      However, I have already told you that she didn't plan anything, and since I'm the author, and Ephemera is my character from my own head, you can trust what I say. LOL. The first night she saw Patrick, she was an out of work assistant and she had heard that a magician was performing at the bar, so she wanted to apply for a job, not get into his pants. If she had wanted him, she could have just seduced him right then and there, but instead, she just randomly left after putting in her job offer. The second time she saw Patrick, she was jogging, and since they live in the same town, and Emmanuel lives on a main street, it wasn't that hard for them to see each other. She had no idea Patrick was even dating Katya because she was interested in Patrick for the job opportunity. Then when she got hired on, she always remained professional with Patrick. Her experience with the magician Vigilante was my way of showing that Ephemera doesn't like the idea of being involved with a married man. Everything Ephemera said in the chapter where she is cooking with Armand is the truth, she didn't evade any question he asked, and she laid out all her answers flat on the table for him. She's trying very hard to show Armand and Patrick that she loves them and wants nothing but the best for them. Everyone makes mistakes that they can't take back, but it's about what you do with those mistakes that make you a better person. When I say mistakes, I mean Ephemera's immature behavior in the first part of Patrick's generation because that is the only thing she is guilty of. I put Ephemera in as someone who significantly affects Patrick and Armand's healing process, I mean, you wouldn't want Patrick and Armand to just be forever broken and fucked up, would you? Ephemera's character is also supposed to represent ultimate redemption, that everyone deserves a second chance. Also, something I'm really big on, is not labeling people, which was the whole point of Max's generation. Just because Max used to be a playboy, doesn't mean he'll always be a playboy, and he turned out to be a one-woman man. That underlying theme carries on throughout my story, people can change, if they are willing. Ephemera was willing to change, whereas Katya wasn't, and that's why things turned out the way they did. When things got rough, both Ephemera and Katya's true colors came out, and we find out that Ephemera is actually a nice person at her core, whereas Katya was pretty rotten. Ephemera is good for them, which is more than I can say for Katya, who just ripped that family apart at the seams.

      IKR? I do love putting past generations together in one picture. Max will always hold a special place in my heart, I mean, he has to, since without him, this legacy wouldn't exist. I miss him too, LOL, but things have to move on, or this would be a pretty shoddy legacy. ROFL.

      Thank you for your comments, Lckygrl! I really do enjoy having you as a reader. ♥

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your reply :)

      I really like your story, I have to admit wasn't expecting such a long response lol. People can change and I'm all for that. I just don't think you should go with a siblings partner no matter if you like them. Example if my sister died and I fancied her partner even if he was the most nicest guy on the planet and we did fancy each other I still never would be with him. Its a boundary thing that I have
      Patrick does deserve happiness and so does Armand and if Ephemera hadn't been the sister then it would have been fine.
      It is your story and it is a great read :)

      Delete
    3. LOL, yeah I'd agree with that idea, and concept, that people can change. I also feel that a person's past shouldn't be something that is held against them. We all as humans make mistakes, and life is always unexpected. Great beauty comes out of huge tragedy. It's fine that it's a personal boundary that you have, but it's not Ephemera's boundary, because you are different people. Just because my character does something, it doesn't mean you have to do what they do, LOL.
      Ephemera can't magically change the fact that Katya was her sister, and I felt that even though they were sisters, it made the most sense to have Patrick move on with her. At the time of Katya's death, Patrick was in his late thirties, and although people of much older ages have started over completely, I didn't want Patrick to do that, it was the finale, and his story was over. I think that things would have been different if Katya had not died. If Katya had not died, and Patrick had moved on with Ephemera, that might have been a little more unacceptable.

      Thanks very much for your reply. :)

      Delete
  3. N'aaww what a sweet family reunion!! It was great to see Max and everyone getting along so well <3 The painting was a very thoughtful gift from Armand ^.^

    ~kipper123

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kipper! :D
      Thank you very much, LOL. This is the family life Armand would have had as a child if his mother wasn't in the picture. Everyone else gets along well, which is why Patrick was so miserable in his generation because he just wanted what his mom and dad have, and now he finally does. Armand felt a lot of guilt, things tend to weigh heavy on his shoulders when he thinks he's at fault, because of how much Katya blamed him for everything that went wrong, so the painting was his way of convincing himself he didn't have to feel guilty anymore.

      Thank you for reading and commenting on here! :)

      Delete
  4. It was good to see Max again. He's still a good looking guy for his age :)
    It's about time Armand see's what a real family is. It was sweet that Ephemera was thankful for having the opportunity to get to know Armand better. He needs a mother figure in his life. The painting was a nice way for Armand to express his happiness and support for his dad's engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, mm-hmm, that he is. He might even be lucky enough to get to see some significant events in Armand's life, since he's not even sixty yet, and still in great shape. :)
      IKR? Poor kid was tortured for so much of his life, this family life is all he really wanted, he just wanted to feel love from someone besides Patrick, and he wanted Patrick to feel loved too from someone other than him. Ephemera knew what a big risk she was taking with accepting Patrick's offer to be his girlfriend, moving in, and then becoming his fiancee, so she was fully prepared for Armand to not take the news well and for him to possibly hate her. The fact that Armand accepted her so quickly, and then sought her out for advice, made her really understand how great of a guy he is, so she was truly thankful that he reacted the way he did. Yeah, it was sweet, wasn't it? Armand really wanted to show Patrick his support and apology for his behavior earlier in the week, as well as lift some of that guilt he felt for lashing out like he did, since he knew it was pretty rude of him. He felt like giving Patrick and Ephemera the painting as a present would be really nice for them.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. D'awww Armaaannd. What a sweetie-pie! <3 I love that he explained what the colors in his painting represented. It was so articulate and provided so much insight into Armand's mind and thought process. I feel like talking about that painting and the emotions that influenced it was very personal and took a lot of strength on Armand's part. Idk, at least that's how I'd feel in his place. lol

    I'm glad that Armand was able to see Max and Patrick interact with each other and that it led him to realize that their respect and love for each other was what makes them so close. Love all the boys together. XD Wonderful second half *whispers* and you got it out so quickly! My heart leaped with joy when I saw that you had posted.
    So looking forward to the next chapter so that I may resume to swoon over Armand's attractiveness and mesmerizing eyes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, p.s. I do see the pink tips still visible in Max's hair, like you mentioned. :) Gosh. I love Max. I don't know what I'll do when he's gone. :(

      Delete
    2. IKR? He's just such a loving child toward Patrick. LOL. Armand's had a bit of practice needing to explain symbolism in his paintings from college presentations, so he was prepared. With a different group of people, it might have been more difficult for him to go as personal as he did, but since this is family, who he loves dearly, he had no problem being open. He's having a very enlightened week too, and he has realized that being open with people lifts great weights off his shoulders too, so he's really enjoying it.

      Patrick and Max's interaction was how Armand felt should have come from Katya as well, so it was surreal for him to see another parent/child interaction that was as good as his and Patrick's. Of course, it reiterated the fact that Katya was horrible, but Armand has seen both really good and really bad parent/child relationships now, which he can learn a lot from and apply to his own life.
      Thanks. LOL. Well... I wrote Part 1 and Part 2 as one giant chapter, with a mark of where I wanted to break it, so this was already written, I just didn't release Part 2 right away. Eee, it makes my heart leap with joy to hear how excited you were that this was out. :)
      Ugh, IKR? Armand's eyeees.... *faints* Yes, and Max's hair. I love keeping the same hairstyle for Max that he had when he was younger. No old man hair for him. No sir-ree. LOL. T_T I don't even want to think of that... but I do know a nice tribute that will happen when that unfortunate incident does occur. *cries in a corner*

      Delete
  6. This was a really sweet chapter :)

    That group hug...It was nice to see all 3 of them together. The handsome trio... ;)
    I never realized Armand has an ear piercing until now. I know I probably say it all the time but...He's gorgeous...There's a lot of nice genes that run in your sims family here :)

    It was nice to see them all interact as one big family. Max and Soleil still look great with their gray hair.
    Armand (I almost called him Max lol) finally has a mother figure now, yay! :)

    "There was one thing that was still on my mind, which was had I loved Mom? I knew what I had said at the hospital four years ago, but was that just me venting my frustrations, or did I actually truly hate Mom for all the things she had done to me?" Ahhh such a tease, I really thought he was going to answer that lol but I guess I can see why he's so indecisive towards a question like that.

    "Water under the bridge, son." I've never heard that saying before... Idk maybe I'm too young to know it.

    I've had something on my mind for the last few chapters now but I won't say it because it's pretty "odd" I guess...Lol idk and it could potentially spoil something if you decide to write something into your story so I'll keep my lips shut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Heehee. The group hug was a pose I made, LOL, it was really tricky to get their hands to look natural with there being three people, and I'm still a little iffy about the pose, but it worked okay when I took the pictures, so I just went with it. LOL. Yeah, he has some ear piercings in his cartilage, but his hair sometimes gets in the way, and I don't always take pictures at that angle, so it stays pretty hidden sometimes. Oh, it's okay, you can say he's gorgeous all you want, LOL, I don't mind. You know me, I have to have beautiful Sims. :D You can expect many more gorgeous generations. LOL.

      This is what Armand always wanted, a family who shows love for each other. The Thanksgiving dinner really helped him see that he is loved. LOL, thanks, Max and Soleil are aging gracefully. :D Pahaha, it's okay, I don't blame you, Max kind of steals screen time since he's so hot. XD IKR? It's about time Armand got a mother figure who wasn't a complete bitch to him all the time.

      Armand wishes he could answer that, but he will probably never truly know because of how badly he was treated by Katya. I know the whole "love your family because they're family" sort of idea, but I doubt that it's really true. Sometimes just being related to someone doesn't mean that your love for them is stronger than someone who might not be related, but who is very kind. To me, actions speak very loudly, so if someone is trying to treat me well, and I see their efforts, it's much better than someone who says they're going to treat me well, but then don't show it with their actions.

      Oh, I don't know where that saying came from or how old it is. LOL. But I know that it means "All is forgiven."

      As for your thought that you think might be a spoiler, thanks for just keeping it to yourself. LOL. I'm pretty unpredictable, so I doubt anyone could predict what's in my head, but for safety's sake, I think that's the best way to handle it. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  7. "You make my dad happy, and you make me happy too."

    AWWWWWWWWW. My heart just melted into a puddle of sweetness and happiness, I swear. What a lovely chapter! After struggling with so much pain and conflicting feelings it's absolutely wonderful to see Armand smiling and truly happy again.

    I know there'll be troubles ahead (of course lmao), but I maintain that I can't help but feel super hopeful for him! Gah, I just want to reach in and give Armand the biggest hug! Luckily, he has plenty of amazing people around him to do it for me :)

    What an awesome family <3

    Also, great touch with the painting interpretation. I thought it really added an extra layer of feeling to the chapter, not to mention it provided us with some insight into Armand's character and current state of mind. What an artistic soul *swoon* LOL. Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you very much. This chapter symbolizes the closure that Armand is finally getting in the part of his life that was causing him so much grief. I won't guarantee that bad thoughts he previously had won't come up in his head again, because realistically, they will still be there, but I can say they will no longer torment and torture him to the point where he feels like he hates himself everyday.

      LOL, yes! He will have troubles ahead, but they will be different sorts of troubles that are new and not completely related to all this stuff he dealt with in the first few chapters.
      Armand: *hugs you*

      LOL, thank you, thank you. This is the family life that Armand would have had if he hadn't had that crazy bitch of a mother his whole life. XD

      Thanks very much. I'm glad you enjoyed Armand's art presentation. He's a deep person, and to him, his art has meaning, so I'm glad that I was able to convey that through Armand.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
    2. Me again!! I'm always overwhelmed by feelings and melting into puddles! LOL. So weird to see that years later I'll still use many of the same phrases, oh gosh, haha. Some things never change--LIKE MY LOVE FOR THIS STORY. This Thanksgiving really was completely different than the ones he used to have, and the lightness he feels with that realization shows. I'm happy for them all ♥

      -LilyShadowWriter

      Delete
    3. Hi LilyShadow! LOL, this comment posted as a reply (which is good) but I was like scrolling all the way down going where is Lily's comment that I JUST approved? LMAO. Operator error on my part completely. It's morning, and my brain does not wake up fast. LOLL. But yay I found it. Ok now to reply to what you actually said, ROFL.

      I love that you were able to read and have all the feelings, LOL, it's my goal to melt all my readers into puddles. Hahaha. You and me both, like, when I came back to this, I was like mentally bitchslapping myself for leaving in the first place. LOL because I still fucking love my story! It didn't deserve how I treated it. AT all. Haha. I'm glad you liked the Thanksgiving, it was nice and touching for me to write this for Armand, he's so awesome, he needed it. :)

      Delete
  8. Aww, seeing all three of the heirs together, eeeee! Hahaha *faints from seeing Max again* It's good that he's still active with the entertainment business, same with Patrick.. I really like that they're able to do what they love still T_T
    Ugh, it's still sad to see Armand beat himself up about his mom. He's getting better, actually, when it comes to it, trying to calm himself down and what not, but the fact that it still is able to linger in his mind and let it bother him is sad. I guess, however, it's good for him to think about this stuff, at the same time, making him a stronger person and being able to learn to forget about stuff like that. You can do it, Armand!
    Aw, it was sweet hearing what everyone was thankful for, you can really tell how much everyone cares for one another T_T SO sweet.
    Aww.. Armand's speech, too, was so sweet. You can really tell how far he's come already with his insecurities and he really is getting happier, which ultimately makes me happy haha *hugs this entire family*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my internet stops being a turd long enough for me to reply to this. LOL. Anyway...

      I love opportunities to put all the heirs together in one chapter, mainly for the eye candy aspect. LOL, it's an added bonus of doing a patriarchy. Yup, definitely, doing what you love is the ideal way to live, and Max and Patrick both got lucky that they not only are still doing what they love, but that they found that love in the first place. Hopefully Armand also finds his way to that happiness.

      Yeah, Armand has gotten a lot better with that, but since it's been ingrained in his head for so many years, it's sadly become a part of him, even though it's a part he hates. I think it will always be there for the remainder of his life, but he will at least find it easier to reason through it and not let it break him down like it used to. He's definitely becoming stronger because of it.

      LOL, good, I'm glad that little Thanksgiving tradition came across sweet and not cheesy. XD

      Aww, :D I'm happy you liked Armand's little presentation, he was trying really hard to be somewhat normal again despite his past. Hopefully now with his confidence, he can move on with his life. :)

      Delete
    2. "As Ephemera started passing some bowls around so we could each take a helping, I realized this was probably the first Thanksgiving dinner I was experiencing with a true family feel." - This absolutely broke my heart. Not just for Armand, but for real people that experience this too. I swear, Armand's story makes me want to squeeze my kids and passionately kiss my hubby. That's an honest to goodness compliment, that your story makes me want to be a better mom and wife. <3

      It's so great to see all three generations together! It's so cool to see that in stories and it's one reason I love reading legacies. :)

      That was so sweet how he presented the painting to his dad and Ephemera! Even sweeter was how they accepted his apology and made sure that he knew there weren't any hard feelings about what happened.

      Delete
    3. Awww T_T, that is so sweet of you to say. I am glad that you realize what you have, just from reading my story. =) Ugh, it is so sad isn't it, that a good hearty family feeling, is so lost for lots of people? Like how is it that things are so messed up in this world that many families can't even enjoy the holidays together? LOL. *sighs* That is part of why I wanted Armand's past family life to be replaced with this new one. I do like to put my characters through conflict, but I also like that shining beacon of hope that comes through as well. It wouldn't be any fun if Armand constantly just never had anything good happen to him, so I really enjoyed writing this dynamic in such a way that shows even the most dysfunctional families can redeem themselves.

      IKR? I love past generation cameos, LOL. I got lucky too, that Max had Patrick so young, because he might even be able to see Armand through some of his milestones. IDK what I'm going to do when Max's time is up. T_T Cry a lot while writing probably. Hahaha.

      Definitely, this family, well minus Katya, forgives easily, and is quick to accept, because that's what love really is. You don't hold grudges against your family for petty reasons, and you hold the knowledge in your mind that they do screw up because they're human, but there's always that love there underneath. For all that Armand has been through, Patrick and Ephemera are just so happy that he's healing, and they definitely wanted to make sure he knew they still loved him, even when he messes up.

      Delete
  9. Aww that was touching. I'm glad they have such great talks. That family is really close and very supportive and it gives me the warm and fuzzies. :)

    I like that Max and Soliel were there in the background looking out for Patrick, but not trying to force him to make any decisions concerning his marriage, even if they saw how unhappy he was. They have always been big believers in not forcing their will on others and they stayed true to that. They were there to support him when needed and that was important. They are both looking old. :( The downside of legacies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, Patrick has been through so much bullshit, so it's nice to see the rest of the family being close and awesome to each other, and finally Patrick is getting the happy that he grew up with as a child.

      Yeah, Max and Soleil might not have been the typical "always there physically" sort of parents for Patrick when he became an adult, but they were always there emotionally. Phone calls, emails, that's how they kept in touch, even though I didn't show it a whole lot throughout his generation, they never stopped paying attention to their son despite their busy schedules. With all three of them being in show business, it's hard to stay out of the tabloids, so occasionally they'd see Patrick on one of the covers, as well as Patrick seeing them on the covers. Granted they never believed what the tabloid articles said, LOL, but they did know what Patrick was up to for the most part. They're big on not meddling, which is the best way to be, in my opinion because I feel like people learn the best when they make their own mistakes. Whenever they'd come for dinners before, where Katya would pretend to behave, they'd still know something was up with Patrick, and comfort him. Yes, they're about 58/59 now, Max being younger than Soleil, but they've hit that point where they're on the cusp of "elderly." LOL, They're both still pretty healthy, so they might be lucky enough to see Armand through at least one adult milestone. XD I'll be so sad when they go though... T_T they're such an awesome couple and I really loved writing for them.

      Delete
  10. That was a really nice family dinner and its probably the best thing Armand needed on his road to recovery. He needs to know that he is surrounded by a whole family who loves and supports him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really felt like it was about time that Armand needed a true family experience, a good one, rather than the dysfunction that he grew up with. His grandma and grandpa and father are very good for him, and now that he has a better motherly figure, he will be feeling much happier.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com