Thursday, March 26, 2015

Armand Seven, Part One: Let it Go


Dad and Ephemera stopped being gross, and then Ephemera came back towards me, leaning on the counter as she did.

"How about you and your Dad have some more catch up time, and I relieve you of your duties as my sous chef?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you high and dry."


"I'm sure. I don't have much left to do, all the mixing is done and I just have to put stuff on the stove and watch it, it'll be boring, so you two run along and have fun."

"Ok. Ephemera? Thank you, for the talk, and for being so understanding."

"It's not a problem, honey. I'm always here."

I followed Dad upstairs and we went out on the balcony, where I remember having a talk with him shortly after Mom died.


"Armand, thank you so much for being willing to give Ephemera a chance. I know you were the one who told me to go for her, but it is different hearing about me dating someone, and then having them live with me, so I wanted to let you know I appreciate your support."

"I just wanted to finally see you happy, Dad, and I love that you are."

"Thank you, I was pretty paranoid that my decision to ask Ephemera to move in would have been too soon for you or something, and I just got scared that I might have been stuck in the middle again, like when you and Mom would fight and I didn't know what to do. When Ephemera was unsure because of how she thought it would affect you, half of the weight was lifted off my shoulders, but I was still concerned how you would take it."

"Ahh, Dad, you knew I would support you, right?"


"Yeah, deep down, I did, but I guess I still have those false thoughts creep up once in a while. I got used to just feeling like things were always going to go bad. I should have listened to my heart more about how you would react."

"It's fine, Dad, really. I love how you always worried about me so much when Mom was here, but you don't have to worry anymore. I'm okay. Everything's okay."

"I'm really glad to hear that. I know how much Mom damaged you, so I'm glad you're home to talk about it. Was Ephemera able to answer any of your questions?"

"Yeah, she did answer quite a few of them. I feel a lot freer now, like I don't feel so numb anymore, but something I still don't know the answer to is if Mom regretted having me. She always made me feel like she wished I had never been born. Ephemera said Mom used to be a surfing instructor, but I don't remember her surfing at all, and I think she quit because she had me. Do you know much about that? Do you think the two are correlated?"


"I remember the day after we brought you home from the hospital, I found your mom in the closet complaining about baby weight, like she was mad her clothes didn't fit. She had said something about no one wants a fat surfing instructor, so I think her self-confidence wasn't the greatest after she had you, but she could have made choices to make herself feel better. We weren't married yet when you were born, so when we were planning the wedding, your mom pushed the wedding date back four times because she wanted to lose weight. After that though, when we finally did get married, I think she had gotten over her weight issues, but she didn't go back to surfing. She had told me she wanted to stay at home to watch you, but from what you told me, there wasn't much watching of you happening. Since it wasn't her weight issues from having you that were holding her back from surfing in later years, like when you got older, I have no idea why she didn't go back to it. My hunch is maybe she didn't like surfing as much as she claimed to, or maybe her love for it went away as time went on."

"Mom was such a mystery to me, all the time."

"To you and me both, Armand. You and me both."

"What was Mom like when you fell in love with her? I know you're smart, so I doubt that you would have gotten together with her if she was treating you like crap when you guys were dating, right?"


"Yeah, that's right. She was really different, cute and innocent, and she actually met me while I was doing street tricks outside the grocery store. I guessed her card, impressed her, and then took her out for coffee."

"Seriously?! She liked your magic?!"

I was shocked to hear Dad say that Mom used to like him for who he was. It just goes to show how much life can change people, sometimes for unknown reasons. I was having a hard time even believing that Mom used to be a nice person, but I knew Dad would never lie to me.

"Yeah, she used to think it was good that I was following what I wanted to do."


"What changed?"

"Honestly? Fear. Your mom let fear run her life. After my accident, she refused to focus on the fact that I was okay, and she kept choosing to dwell on the fact that the person who caused my accident was still alive. She was convinced that if I kept doing magic, I would eventually be murdered. That's why she made me quit. I wasn't scared like she was, but I did take precautions for my safety, and I still use those safety measures to this day. I couldn't convince Mom though, that I was safe."

"She did all that stuff to our family because she was scared? Ephemera said that too, that when Mom was a little girl, she was always scared of what people thought of her, so she did what other people wanted, instead of what she might have wanted. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around the fact that she was scared, like from how she acted so mean towards me, it's hard to believe. I do, however, think that she might not have been showing me the side of her that was afraid, so I saw something completely different instead of what you or Ephemera saw in her, probably because I was a child. I can see though, that she was using me to get people to like her."


"Yeah, I think that is true. Remember Mom's friend? Mikayla's mother? I found out Mom really wanted Carisa to like her, so that's why she was so controlling of you as a kid. I told her not to do all that stuff, but she never listened to me."

"I don't even know why Mom wanted to be her friend, Mikayla was nice, but her mom was a jerk. I mean, she was nice to me when I went to visit, but she always had comments to say about my appearance. I just smiled politely even though I thought her comments were dumb."

"What did Carisa say to you?"

I saw Dad grit his teeth a little bit as he asked me about Carisa, and I felt bad for him because I didn't think Mom had talked to him much about her friendship with Carisa. I didn't understand why Mom never wanted to share her life with Dad. Wasn't that what it meant to be in love with someone?


"Nothing I took too seriously, but Mom did, of course. Carisa just commented on how grownup I looked if I was wearing a particular shirt, like when I wore a button down shirt, she was impressed. If I went over to her house with a hoodie on, I would get a dirty look from Carisa, and then Mom would look embarrassed. When we came back home, Mom would fight with me about how could I embarrass her in front of Carisa. It was the fights with Mom afterwards that got to me, more than anything Carisa did."

"That's interesting. I knew that Carisa was a terrible influence on Mom, but I was unaware she was using Carisa to pick fights with you. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I saw how much you tried to talk to Mom and I also saw how much she ignored you. I don't blame you at all, and after talking to Ephemera, I've learned that I don't need to blame myself either. Ephemera said Mom acted like she did to us even when she was a child, like she tried to make Ephemera feel bad about herself. It sounds like Ephemera didn't fall for it, though. I feel like I've gained a different kind of strength from talking to her. Dad, I'm glad you encouraged it, I think I needed it."


Dad pet my shoulder and smiled at me, with a proud look in his eyes. For the first time ever, I felt comfortable and welcome in my own house, free from the invisible shackles Mom's memory had put on me so many years ago. I was so glad that I had come home for Thanksgiving, not that I wasn't going to, since I had wanted to see Dad, but I was so happy that things were turning out incredibly well. I had thought that I would be dark and disturbed forever, or something, like I'd be that wierd artist no one wanted to talk to because of how creepy he was. It was crazy how seeing myself in a new light was already reaping such good feelings in me. I saw it in Dad too, and how Ephemera made him happy. Hell, she made me happy. She was good for me and Dad, and I felt like maybe this is how I should have been feeling all along.

My day got even better when I heard a familiar voice at the patio door.

"Hey, how are my two favorite boys doing?"


26 comments:

  1. I always enjoy Armand and Patrick's son-father conversations; I'm glad that they have a healthy relationship where they can share their thoughts openly... and Katya *shutters* I feel horrid for Armand, every time she comes up in conversation... I'm glad that Ephemera is joining the family, she is so much more understanding then her sister and seems better for Patrick and Armand that Katya did.
    And ooh is that Maximus visiting? He's aged fairly well, haha. I'm excited to read part two! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, haha, I love their relationship too. Thanksgiving is a great time for them to just hang out and talk like they love to do. Yeah, Katya will always be really annoying to talk about, but at least this time, Armand seems to be getting some closure and more satisfying answers about her. Ephemera is a much nicer person at her core than Katya was. Katya was pretending to be nice, whereas Ephemera is actually nice.
      Yeah, it's Maximus, LOL, visiting for Thanksgiving. He's not even sixty yet, hehe, and he didn't let himself go like some people do when they get old. XD He's still a working actor, so he's pretty fit, which also helps with his skin. LOL.
      Thank you for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello there ^_^

    I've seen you around a ton over at our favorite blog about insane people (hehe) and I'd been meaning to check out your stories, but it wasn't until now that I finally had the opportunity to do so. I've actually spent the last couple weeks or so reading a few posts here and there, but I must have been reading much faster than I'd thought because here I am all caught up! NOOOOOOOOOO! *falls to ground in despair* NOW I HAVE TO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!! D:

    On that note, I just love this blog!!!! Your characters have so much depth to them and the story lines are always so compelling that I never once feel bored!

    I have to say, although it was obvious that Armand and Katya's relationship was rocky, I never realized just how terribly she treated her son and the extent of the damage that she had inflicted. I suppose because Patrick wasn't able to see most of it, it made it that much more surprising/shocking when we finally got to see everything from Armand's perspective.

    That being said, I can't express just how relieved I am that Armand is beginning to heal. I'm glad that he got to speak to Ephemera especially. She's matured so much and her conversation with Armand last chapter really touched me. It's wonderful that both he and Patrick have her in their lives. I also loved seeing Armand and Patrick's father-son conversation though. He's another critical part of Armand's healing process. And now lookie who we have here! Eeee! Maximus!! So great to see him again! Armand seriously has the absolute best people surrounding him right now (including Remy)!

    Though I'm not naive enough to think that everything will be sunshine and rainbows for Armand now, I do have high hopes for his future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Welcome to Echoes! I'm so glad you stopped by, and have been reading, and enjoying. LOL. yeah, it's bittersweet to catch up on a story that you like, isn't it? XD

      OMG, thank you so much for the compliments, LOL. I try really hard to develop personalities, and I don't like one-dimensional characters, so I am really happy to hear that you like it, and that you have been entertained throughout the whole thing.

      Yeah, this chapter and the ones before, where Armand is seeking answers for his past, were my way of tying up some of the questions that went unanswered in generation two. I wanted Katya to keep being that wierd person who wreaked havoc on her husband and her son, for apparently no reason. Sometimes stuff like that happens in life, and all people can do is speculate about why it happened, which is what this chapter was about. Even though it was speculation between Armand and Patrick, I also hoped it would explain a little more about Katya because I'm sure people reading generation two were asking themselves what the fuck was wrong with Katya all the time. LOL. You're right about Patrick not seeing most of it, because he only saw what happened when he was at home. By that time, Katya and Armand would have had their fight and been ignoring each other for the rest of the day. A lot of Patrick and Katya's fights would stem from Armand telling Patrick about his day and then Patrick going to try to talk about it to Katya, but of course, she wouldn't admit blame, and change the argument around to blaming Patrick. It was a vicious cycle that went around the whole family.

      It was always my plan to have Patrick find his happy ending in generation three, with Ephemera by his side. She's just a normal girl, with flaws, but deep down at her core, she has good intentions. Armand has a wonderful family now, and as much as he feels like he inherited Katya's terrible habits, he isn't like her because he reaches out for help and then accepts it when it's given to him. Yup, Maximus is here to visit! Haha, XD I love him. When he goes back to school and sees Remy again, their friendship will blossom more because Armand has started his healing process, and he won't be so closed off to Remy anymore.

      LOL, yeah, you're smart, XD sunshine and rainbows bore me, but the things that are really good, like Armand's relationship with Patrick, and now Ephemera, will always be good. XD Eeee, I am really excited to write more about his life once he puts Katya behind him. He'll come across a lot of wierd dangerous stuff in his life, that will also be exciting.

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting! I hope I see you around again the next time I update. ♥

      Delete
    2. Hey, look! It's ME! Aww, my first comment here, haha. I know it's me because of the screaming, LOL. Also, that's definitely how I met you and found out about your blog--through mrsobssimstories! So glad I did! I'll continue to sign any comments I'm sure are me so they aren't anonymous anymore. Hopefully Blogger won't eat my identity again, but if it does at least my name will still be in the comment to see, lol.

      Anyway, everything I said here remains true! I love this blog! Your characters do have a lot of depth and I'm really enjoying refreshing my memory again. I even mentioned the previous conversations with Patrick and Ephemera, haha. Guess I really liked them then too ;) So happy to be here again! ♥

      Delete
    3. Hi LilyShadowWriter! LMFAO, you're hilarious. "I know it's me because of the screaming." LOLLL. I'm on the floor dying from that. Mrsobssimstories is so fucking awesome isn't she? I totally forgot that she brought us together! What a lovely person she is. I'm happy you're helping me refresh my memory of my own characters again. LOL. Truly appreciate it.
      I'm so happy you and me are here again too! Many more awesome chapters to come. <3

      Delete
  3. Ugh.. It's so cute that Armand and Patrick are so "aware" of one another.. Armand wanting Pat to be happy, but Patrick trying not to move into things too quickly for the sake of how Armand might feel, and just.. It's so much back and forth concern. I love it. T_T
    GOD those blue eyes.. Kill me now, because those are surely going to be the death of me soon, anyways.
    Wow, that explanation for Katya and her surfing issues was great, especially for Armand to hear. I like that her "weight issue" made a lot more sense since she didn't try to better herself at all and go back to being and instructor, but she just let herself go of all the surfing in general. Her fault, entirely, not you, Armand!
    Ugh, god.. I remember that whole chapter where Patrick was describing Katya's fear after that whole incident and just.. *pulls hair out* *screams* *punches Katya from the grave*
    It's weird to me now.. Carisa, at the time, seemed okay for Katya, and the fact that they were friends then (but she was a bad influence) made me happy that Katya had a friend, but at the same time, she was just awful.. I feel like she was a HUGE influence on how Katya wanted her family to LOOK, and now that I read what Patrick is saying, she was probably the worst friend for Katya to have.. (though I didn't fully realize it until now) Katya was bad, but having Carisa as a friend makes me think that Katya just got soooo much worse because of her.. Sigh.. Poor Armand.. T_T
    "She was good for me and Dad, and I felt like maybe this is how I should have been feeling all along." *cries uncontrollably* IT SHOULD'VE BEEN, ARMAND.. IT SHOULD'VE.
    *flails and screams when seeing Max*
    *dies*
    *can't wait for the next chapter*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I love their relationship dynamic. They both had to deal with the monster that was Katya, so they clung to each other and learned to read each other extremely well, and now it shows as them understanding each other 100%.
      LOL, Armand's eyes are awesome. I'm trying to think of what color his future partner's eyes will be so that no matter which parents' eyes the generation 4 heir gets, he'll have amazing eyes as well. That's really something I like to have on my main character Sims, really pretty eyes and great hair cuts. XD I'm glad someone else besides me likes them so much.
      Haha, yeah, Katya's idiocy surrounding her made up weight issues and her surfing were always just in her own stupid head. She was so stuck in her own mind she failed to see how everything she did was terrible for Armand. LOL. It was possible she wasn't ready to take on the responsibility of being a mother, but that was no excuse for her to remain as childish as she was.
      Yeah, that chapter was just so annoying for me to write, I felt bad for Patrick the whole time I was writing it. I don't understand how some people let fear control their lives so much until it debilitates them, yet then don't understand how it's bad for them and everyone around them. It's like they're so dense or something. LMAO, she definitely deserves punches even though she's dead.
      Carisa was good in the sense that she was physically there to hang out with Katya, and I think she would have been fine if Katya had a different personality. Katya was so impressionable and gullible, that she believed everything Carisa said, and tried to implement it as a way to "make Carisa proud." Katya definitely let Carisa's terrible influence get into her head, and she really did get worse because she listened to all her advice. Carisa enabled Katya's bad behavior.
      LOL, Armand is finally starting to realize and dig himself out of that emotional hole Katya threw him in.
      *flails and screams with* Max is visiting and I love having him there. I'm glad he's so young because he can still show up in generations to come, and it will still be realistic. LOL.
      Thanks for reading and commenting. :D ♥

      Delete
    2. MrsOB, I had this weird visual of you pulling your hair out and punching Katya. . .good times, good times. And I'm right there with you, the flashback to the chapter when she freaks out over Patrick's safety. . .*bangs head against the wall*

      Delete
    3. LOL aww. Katya was definitely a frustrating character... XD

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy that Ephemera's talk helped Armand and that talking with Patrick directly after allowed the unanswered questions to be...well, answered. haha Wow. Those are all great explanations and reasonings behind Katya's past behaviors. Carisa really was a poor influence on Katya. I always knew that. I suppose this chapter just kind of furthers the point. It makes all the crap Armand went through that much worse, I guess. Katya was so insecure and easily influenced that all of these ideas and ideals she held for and and about her family and life in general, they weren't ever hers. They were all just manufactured by manipulative little twits. Ugh.

    Awwwww, I'm so, so, so happy that Armand FINALLY feels comfortable in his own home! How sad it that, though, that Katya's influence has lasted and effected him that much? Hopefully things will continue this way and he'll be able to make a life for himself that isn't overshadowed by all this grief and misery. His partner better be good to him or I will hunt her/him down and make them pay. lol

    Waaaiiit!! I completely almost forgot to mention: MAX!! Omg! I love seeing his handsome face around. And he looks good grey. I miss his pink hair, though. Oh, Max. Can't wait to see more of you in part 2. XD

    Wonderful chapter, hun! I knew it would be. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ephemera and Patrick are working together as parental units *gasp* for Armand, LOL. They both knew them moving in together and getting engaged could potentially be super traumatizing for Armand, so they are trying really hard to let him know things are going to be better for their family from now on. Thank you! As I was writing generation two, and having Katya be all nuts all the time, sometimes I was like, wow what is the deeper reason behind all of this? LOL. It was like I knew I wanted Katya to be like that, but I hadn't fully figured out the source of why she was like that. I'm sure readers had questions too, like what the fuck Katya, LOL, so this was my way of resolving that. Carisa was bad because Katya fell into all the crap that she was telling her, and then pushing it onto Armand, treating him like a tool instead of her child. Katya had some of those ideas herself, like when she was scared for Patrick for instance, she did ponder asking him to quit his job, but Carisa definitely made her push for it. If Carisa hadn't been there, Katya might have just wrestled with the fact that she wanted Patrick to quit, but not had the balls to actually make him do it. Carisa gave Katya a false sense of confidence, which Katya used in a very unhealthy way.

      IKR? It took the poor guy long enough to finally be happy in his own home. I don't think people realize how much they can influence their children for good or bad. Katya is the poster child for terrible mother, LOL. It just goes to show that sometimes the worst kind of damage doesn't have to be physical. Yes, from here on out, Katya's memory will only bother Armand a little bit because I feel like that will never truly go away, but he will not be consumed by those thoughts like he had been before. Heehee, I have a plan for the couple dynamic in this generation, and it's going to lean more towards good relationship. :D The movie that inspired this generation has a couple in it that truly love and support each other, and that's one of the things I'm using to help me figure out what his relationship will be with his partner. :D

      Haha, yes, Max, he is here again visiting for Thanksgiving. He did age really well. You can't see it that well in this picture, but he still has pink tips in his hair, and I'm leaving it that way because I love his pink hair too much to just make it all disappear.

      Thank you! ^o^ ♥

      Delete
  5. Happy dance that Armand seems to be letting go of the past. His talk with Ephemera helped him so much in realizing that he was not at fault for Katya's behavior. I hope he's able to continue with this new enlightened thinking from now on. Carissa was a terrible friend but Katya didn't have to listen to her. She makes me so mad I could scream...... Ok I feel somewhat better.
    I really love how well Patrick and Armand get along with each other and they're able to talk about just about anything together. At least Kayta didn't ruin that, if anything she made them closer. No scratch that I don't want to give her credit for that. Only thing she gets credit for is his gorgeous blue eyes. Scrolls back up to look into his eyes.
    Max looks pretty good for his age. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, Armand is doing the happy dance with you. XD He's on his way to healing from the damage Katya inflicted on his emotions and self esteem, and because he wants to change, he will use Ephemera's logic process she taught him from her on out. Now, because Katya's damage was deep, bad thoughts will creep up every once in a while, but they will not consume him like they were doing in previous chapters. Absolutely correct, Carisa would have been harmless if Katya hadn't listened to her. Carisa talks big and tries to make herself look like a know-it-all, which is why she was really liking having Katya as a friend because Katya took her bullshit to heart.
      LOL yeah... Katya deserves nothing really, except her genetics being passed on. XD Patrick and Armand did bond over their mutual misunderstanding of Katya, but she really had no part in actually making them closer.
      Oh yeah, Max looks totally awesome for a 58 year old. He takes really good care of himself, and he never wanted to let himself go, like some people do when they get older.
      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  6. ERMAGERD! MAX LOOKS SO OLD BUT I STILL LOVE HIM ALL THE SAME! *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... this is generation three, so Max is getting up there in years. He's still super handsome, and since he had Patrick at such a young age, he might even be lucky enough to see Armand through some of his large life experiences.
      Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete
  7. It's so sweet seeing a bond as strong as Patrick and Armand, they clearly have a deep connection and even though it took Armand time to heal from his mother, Ephemera is obviously making an effort to become part of the family. I just want to run up to Armand and give him a huge hug!! He deserves one. Hopefully it won't be too long before he meets his own special someone who will be there to support him ^.^

    Great chapter!

    ~Kipper123

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick and Armand took advantage of their shitty situation with Katya, and clung to each other against a common enemy. LOL. Sad as it sounds, Katya ended up their enemy even though she was supposed to be their friend. Ephemera is a nice person and she truly loves Patrick, which also means loving Armand. She will make a great addition to the family, someone that both Patrick and Armand needed. Aww, Armand would gladly accept a hug from you. ^_^ Thanks for wanting to give him one! ♥ Haha, I do have a special someone planned for him later on who will be nice to him.

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh snap! Look who's back :)

    Ephemera looks so huggable...She's so sweet. I love her <3

    Finally, Armand and Patrick got to talk about Katya and her issues. I hate to sound harsh but it's kind of hard to talk about all of your mother's issues when she's still alive and in denial. I really didn't want to go there but I had to. *blush*

    "like I'd be that weird artist no one wanted to talk to because of how creepy he was" Everyone is weird in their own ways...We all have out 'flaws'.

    Even though they talked about his mom's negative issues, I'm happy they talked about the times when she was 'normal' even though Armand wasn't alive to see it back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maximus in the house! *cheers* LOL.

      Awww, haha, she'll give you a hug if you want. ^_^ She is a sweetheart, isn't she? XD

      Yeah, Patrick and Armand got to hash out their uncertainties about Katya, and no worries, it's totally true, they wouldn't have been able to talk about any of that shit with her there. One reason because Patrick was too depressed all the time, and Armand was angry all the time, so they wouldn't have felt like talking anyway. Second reason is because Katya would have just yelled at them and not let them help her figure out her problems.

      LOL, yeah, Armand knows he has flaws, but he was just saying he wanted to get over the problems he had with Katya's memory haunting him because he felt like it was stunting his ability to find himself and become his own person. He definitely wouldn't mind being creepy, wierd, twisted, or disturbed, as long as he came to that conclusion himself.

      Armand was very curious to know how Katya was when Patrick met her. He figured Patrick wouldn't have been with her if she was a huge bitch, LOL. Plus he had found some stuff out about Katya as a child from Ephemera, so it peaked his curiosity more.

      Thank you for always reading and leaving me cool comments. :)

      Delete
  9. MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hear the thud? It was me fainting from the glorious sight of him. I need a moment. . .

    Sorry, I just had to get that out. :)

    I love Patrick and Armand's talks. They really seem to understand each other and it's great that they're so open with each other. OMG! I read MrsOB's comment about Katya's fear about Patrick getting hurt and I'm right there with her. God!!! Just. . .I get pissed just thinking about how stupid Katya was about the whole thing. And the whole surfing thing. . .not your fault Armand. I'm glad he's starting to realize that. :)

    MAX!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, you know I love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, nice. Come to think of it, I did hear a faint thud somewhere. XD Not a problem, not even a little bit. LOL. Gush all you want. I enjoy it when people tell me they like my characters.

      Patrick and Armand have a strong connection, it's a bond they've really cultivated because they went through similar torment from Katya. It's easy to relate to someone when they've experienced the same things you have. IKR? Katya just took things to a whole rather insane extreme, instead of facing it like a normal human being. LOL. Yes! Armand's ways of blaming himself are finally starting to change a little, he can finally start living his life and moving on from that.

      LOL yes, yes I do. =D

      Delete
  10. Aww it sounds like Armand is reaching a turning point in his life. He's not totally over the damage Katya did, but he's getting a different view on life. It's the step in the right direction and will lead to him healing more. His self-worth really took a hit because of his mother which is sad. Parents should protect and encourage their children, not tear them down.

    Hopefully now as an adult, he'll be able to process things differently and let go of the those negative thoughts that have plagued him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Ephemera teaching him the new thought process when he starts to get those bad thoughts is going to be a tool he utilizes when Katya's damage threatens to eat him alive. His life with Patrick and Katya was a vicious circle because Katya complained about the same shit constantly, he never learned that there was more to life, and other ways to think. Now that he's had his eyes opened, he has some hope that he can get better. IKR? Parents should show the kids unconditional love, not beat them down into the ground so that they hate themselves. Ephemera is going to be a great addition to Armand's life, she's helped him in a really short amount of time. He really just wanted someone he could look to as a mother who didn't act like she hated him, and now that he's got that, he feels a lot better.

      Yeah, he is learning how to think differently, and I think those negative thoughts will always be there, but he is learning now that he doesn't have to let them get a hold of him.

      Delete
  11. Its good to see that they are really clearing the air now. There was not only stuff going on that Armand didn't know but there was plenty that Patrick didn't know either. None of it is either of their faults and its best to get it all out in the open now so they can get over it. It does sound like Armand's self esteem has taken a huge hit and its not going to be restored overnight but this is a beginning.

    OMG Max :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this talk for Patrick and Armand is starting to help Armand move on with his life. I didn't want him to be depressed like that for his whole generation, LOL, it might have been pretty annoying to read about the same thing over and over again. There were a lot of mysteries in their family, and secrets, yes, that neither of them knew about it. Armand is getting a new perspective about himself, which is what he needed to fix his self esteem problems.

      Yeah, Max is grey now. O_O Sadness.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com