Sunday, July 20, 2014

Patrick Twenty: Familial Obligations

I sat on my couch, exhausted because I had not slept well the night before. Hearing that Patrick's coma was caused by someone deliberately plotting against him chilled me to my very core. Armand was at school, and Patrick was off with Emmanuel, working. I didn't know how Patrick could remain so calm about the whole thing. It was almost as if the threat of death wasn't something he took seriously, even though he had already nearly died once. Maybe it hadn't sunk in yet, and he would address it later, but whatever the cause was, I hoped he would deal with it soon before it was too late and his life was threatened again.


I had tried reading one of my many books, but even those fantasies weren't enough to release my mind from its troubles today, causing me to leave my book open on the table, its pages abandoned and unread. I had one hour left by myself before Armand was due back from school, but who was I kidding, even when Armand was here, I more often than not felt like I was still by myself. He would ask me for help with his homework for certain subjects, but I was more of a tool he would use rather than a person in his life. Despite this, Armand and I had been getting along better ever since the incident at Disney Land because I was giving him the space he needed, and not forcing him to do things that were unnecessary.


I heard the front door open and Patrick walked in, while I remained where I was. He came over and sat next to me, pulling me up onto his lap, wrapping his arm around my waist and placing his hand on my thigh. I enjoyed that Patrick never ignored me when he came home, and that he was always willing to spend time with me, even when I was in one of my withdrawn moods where I preferred to pout rather than act like a functioning member of this marriage. I knew that half of our problems were my fault, but the pull to be a shy loner, which was my default nature of being, was very strong.

"How are you today, Katya?"

"I'm okay. I'm glad you're home. I was still worried about that death threat, though."

"Aah, don't worry about that. He's just trying to scare me, but it won't work. He's a bully, and one of the ways to stave off a bully is to ignore him."


"Patrick, I think this is a little more dire than childhood bullies. This is someone who could try to murder you. Maybe you should lay low for a while."

"What? I know it's serious. I'm not saying it's not, I am just saying I'm refusing to let this person control me through fear. Besides, I can just vanish if they try to come after me again."

Patrick laughed at his own humor, but I was starting to get upset at the light-hearted way he seemed to be dismissing the situation. I wriggled myself out of his embrace and stood in front of the couch.

"This isn't a joke, Patrick! I'd appreciate it if you took your own life more seriously and stopped acting like you have a death wish!"


"Death wish? What are you talking about?"

"The more you flaunt yourself and show that you're not afraid, the braver the bully will be into wanting to take you down. It's like you're laughing in the face of danger, and it's not safe. You have a family now, you have to be more responsible."

"If I show him I'm not afraid, he'll stop. Bullies love when you give in, and they love when they can see fear. If I stay scared, he will just keep tormenting me. I'm not just going to crawl in a hole and wave the white flag of surrender, Katya. I'm going to live my life. I refuse to let this person imprison me. I know I have a family, I love you guys, and we will be fine. You should live your life too, and trust me. I've been in this industry for a long time, people do this kind of shit a lot, it's just part of the job."

"Having threats on your life is part of your job? That's ridiculous! No one should have to live with the fear of their life being threatened! That's why I feel like you have a death wish, it's like you getting a death threat is only as irritating as someone saying you look funny in a tabloid magazine. This is not the same level of stuff to deal with, Patrick!"


"Katya, there are lots of jobs where lives become endangered. I just happen to think that what I love is worth all of that."

"When you say that, it's like you are saying you don't love me and Armand, like you love your job more than us."

Patrick looked away from me, as if he was annoyed. I didn't understand why he felt like his job was more important than our family. It was just a job, wasn't it? I enjoyed giving surfing lessons, but I felt like being home with Armand was more important than my love of surfing, so why wasn't Patrick willing to make the necessary sacrifices for our family? I excused myself from Patrick's presence when Armand came home and stole Patrick's attention, sighing to myself as I realized I still hadn't gotten through to him. It was as if Patrick was behaving childishly, thinking things were going to be fine with just the small effort he had put in. Despite me knowing and believing that his bodyguard and his magic team were keeping alert eyes out for anything suspicious, somehow I didn't think that I would ever be satisfied as long as Patrick was still pursuing that career path. I knew it was what he loved to do, but would he be willing to sacrifice his life for it? Even if the entire U.S. Army were defending Patrick, I'm sure I would still be scared. I just loved him so much that the thought of losing him scared me to no end. I remembered how I felt when he was in that coma, and I didn't think I could go through that again.


Yet my thoughts went in another direction as well. If I loved him like I said I did, how could the part of me that wanted to keep him safe clash so badly with the part of me that wanted to see him happy? Would I be pushing him away if I did demand he stop performing? Would I lose him anyway because I took him away from his career? I felt like I was at an impossible crossroads. If he kept performing, and the person did end up killing him, I'd lose him, but if I demanded he stop performing, I'd lose him because he would not forgive me for ruining his life.


I was hopelessly annoyed at everything. Not even the perpetual outdoor fireplace served to quell my worries and sorrows. Suddenly I just wanted to flee my house. So I did, and I dialed Carisa's number, asking if she wanted to do something tonight. She eagerly replied that she would like to take me to a club because I sounded like I was feeling down.


I got ready for my outing with Carisa, then waited in the foyer for her because she was coming to pick me up. Patrick came by and gave me a hug, telling me to have fun with my friend, then walked away to another part of the house. Not long after that, Carisa arrived, and we were off. She took me to Pulse, where I was immediately greeted with loud music and neon lights. Carisa ordered us some nachos, and we sat down to eat together.

"So, chica, what's bugging you?"


As Carisa and I had hung out more, we had come to like each other, and I had gotten used to Carisa's opinionated nature. She was harmless, and she just wanted someone who would be her sounding board when she vented about things in her life.

"Someone's been threatening Patrick."

Carisa gasped and her eyes grew wide. She took another bite of her food and looked at me eagerly, as if she was waiting for some juicy gossip.


"He and I were leaving his magic show last night, and someone basically said too bad you didn't die the first time, watch your back."

"Wow. I am so sorry. Are you okay? That sounds really unsettling."

"Yeah, I'm fine, but I'm just worried. I'm scared for Patrick, and the worst part is, he doesn't seem to be taking it seriously. He thinks he'll be fine just because he increased security."

"Ugh. Men and their egos, huh? They think they know everything, and then when it all comes crashing down, that's when they realize."

"I don't know what to do. I mean, I know I can't force him to change his job."

"Why not?"


"Because I'll lose him. He loves that job."

"Yeah, but he loves you too, does he not?"

"Of course, but it's not the same thing. He can do what he loves, and still love me."

"True, but sometimes people have to do hard things for the ones they love. Sacrifice for their partner's happiness. If he loves you, he'll want to accommodate you."

"Shouldn't I want to accommodate him because I love him? Doesn't it go both ways?"

Carisa looked at me with a scowl on her features and raised her hands in the air, waving them around with purpose.


"To an extent. If one of the cases is a matter of life or death though, I think that one should be the priority. You have to keep your family safe. We as women, that's our instinctual nature, that's why you're worried about it more than he is. He needs a safer job! If he fights you on it, just tell him a little unhappiness as he adjusts to his new job is normal, he'll get over it, he's a big boy. It is after all, just a job."

By this point in the night, we had finished our food, so we ordered some more drinks and chit chatted about the other things in our lives, Mikayla and Armand, her husband, and some gossip that was passing around the neighborhood and school.


"What do you think I should do, Carisa? Do you really think I should ask Patrick to change his job? I can't help but shake the feeling that he'll be super mad at me."

"Yeah, I do. If that boy loves you, he'll show you through his actions. He needs to stop being selfish. It's true he has his own protection, but he shouldn't expect you to live tormented for the rest of your life, worried that every time he goes to work he might die? I don't blame you for wanting security, it's a natural human instinct to want to feel safe, otherwise we just get paranoid, and that's no way to live."


Carisa and I ordered some Cosmopolitans and wandered around the game area of the club to check out what there was to play. We found a pool table with a backlit playing surface instead of the typical felt, and decided to play a round.


"Really good break, babe!"

"Thank you, Carisa."

Carisa smiled at me, and I was happy that for the first time in my life, other than Ephemera, I felt like I had a friend I was comfortable with. My worries had somewhat dissipated throughout the night, and the weight that was on my shoulders earlier seemed much lighter. I knew that the drinks I'd drunk and the force I was using to hit the pool balls were probably helping to release me from my inner turmoil as well as Carisa, but I was grateful that she had agreed to hang out with me tonight.


After our game, one song came on that Carisa really enjoyed, so I went out on the dance floor and danced with her. We were having a lot of fun until I felt someone hug me around my waist. He was nice, and he smelled good. I was a little past tipsy at this point but I was still sober enough to feel like it was wrong, especially since I didn't feel like the person was Patrick sneaking up on me.


"Hey, baby, can I have this dance?"

"Um..."

I didn't know what to say because I didn't want to be rude, since this guy wasn't rubbing up on me or being vulgar at all, but I wanted to tell him I was married so he didn't get the wrong idea. Another guy went up to Carisa, whom I'm guessing was his friend, and she rubbed up on him with no hesitation. Carisa continued to shock me even though I had now been friends with her for a while. I looked over at her with a glance that appeared to say 'help me.'

"Oh Katya, quit being a prude! It's not like you have to sleep with him if you don't want. Watch me. Hey, guy, you're cute, I love this sexy dance we're doing, but I'm married, so this is all you're getting, okay?"


"All right, lady knows what she wants. I can respect that."

"See? Your turn Katya. Tell the guy dancing with you what you want."

I tried to be brave, although I still felt like him touching me, even around my waist, was wrong.

"Um, I'm married, so I don't want to lead you on. Nothing can happen with us. I suppose if you would like to dance with me just for tonight, that would be okay, but I don't want to cheat on my husband, okay?"

"Sounds fine with me. I'm just out for a night on the town, to dance with some pretty girls, I'm not looking to do anything devastating to anyone."


I turned my head briefly and looked at the guy for the first time. He was handsome, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I can't deny he wasn't sexy with the way his shirt fell open around his chest, but I loved Patrick. It didn't matter that the guy was attractive because I loved my husband. Carisa, however, was letting the guy's friend touch her butt and upper thigh. It was too much for me. I didn't know what made me continue to dance with him, maybe it was because he continued to remain polite, maybe it was from Carisa's nonchalant peer pressure attitude that she always forced on me, maybe it was even because I was a little drunk, but I did know that I wasn't entirely happy in my family life, and perhaps it was that which was making me continue dancing with the blonde. I knew that nothing would happen between me and the handsome stranger, and that Carisa and I would go home without the boys, but I also knew that I would never tell Patrick about this part of my night.


26 comments:

  1. I can understand Katya's worry when it comes to Patrick's life, but to take the advice of her friend that seems like she's never had a serious relationship like Katya has is just.. Weird, and kind of dumb of Katya.. But then again she's never really impressed me that much before. XD I really hope Katya doesn't try to talk Patrick out of doing what he loves, I can just see that turning very, very bad. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya is often... misguided. She has legitimate worries, but she almost always goes about her worries incorrectly, such as taking advice from this stupid girl that she thinks is a good friend. LOL. In that sense, I feel like Katya is one of my dumber characters, innocent, and easily corruptible. XD If Katya does try to talk Patrick into doing something he doesn't like, they'll both suffer and it definitely will be a bad turning point for their marriage.

      Delete
  2. Why does Katya always go to the dark side and dwell on the worst case scenario? Of course she would be worried, who wouldn't be knowing their husband was receiving death threats? She should trust that Patrick is doing everything within reason to insure his safety.
    I do not like Carisa and I do not like her influence over Katya. Katya made one point when she said "Shouldn't I want to accommodate him because I love him? Doesn't it go both ways?" But Carisa was able to override that thought and Katya went along with it because it affirmed her own feelings. I can see this becoming a huge issue in their marriage.
    Katya may have thought that really good looking man touching her was wrong but she didn't do anything about it. That says volumes about her marriage with Patrick. Oh she's asking for trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the Dark Side has cookies. LOL, just kidding.
      Katya is a little bit sheltered in her thought processes, so when something comes around that seems like it could be scary, she freaks out irrationally. It's fine to be worried, like you said, but instead of dealing with it, Katya lets her fear consume her. She really needs to learn how to trust Patrick, after all it is his life, so to think that he doesn't care about it just because he doesn't want to back down is ridiculous of her.
      Carisa is a terrible influence, you should be worried. LOL. Katya is too innocent and easily corruptible. Most of the time, Katya looks at Carisa as someone who has more experience because Carisa appears to be super confident and have everything together, which is what Katya wants. Therefore, it makes Katya think that Carisa's advice is good. You are correct, it will become a large marital problem.
      IKR? Katya's very timid. Her natural goody-two shoes instinct told her having another man touch her was wrong, but the part of her that wanted to please Carisa and not seem like a prude, as Carisa called her, won over, so she let it happen. It further proves that Carisa's influence is extremely corrupting.

      Delete
  3. katya don't listen to her. you're going to regret it if you do. there's one thing men hate and that's giving up something thing they love by force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right, Katya will definitely regret taking Carisa's advice, if she chooses to. LOL, I don't think that anyone who really loves something would enjoy being forced to give it up. I know I wouldn't.

      Delete
  4. Katya has every reason to worry and for Patrick not to under her point of view is ridiculous. He does have a point of not to let them win but he should remember she almost lost Patrick when she was pregnant and she is properly thinking that it could happen again. Patrick should have given her more than a hug before she left but this friend of hers is a bad woman.
    I'm married and I have danced with men while out with friends and come home and told hubby but he knows that I would never let a guy put his hands on me, if he did a slap would come his way. The friend should back Katya up more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't see it as Patrick not understanding Katya, of course he doesn't want to go into another coma or die and leave her and Armand alone. Katya saw it as Patrick having a 'death wish' and when he said it was a risk of the job, she misunderstood him, thinking that he was just going to be careless and reckless. All the cautions Patrick is taking are him knowing there's a risk, and doing everything in his power to ensure he stays safe. It's a bit like wearing a bulletproof vest as a police officer. You know there's a chance some criminals might shoot you, so you prevent death as much as you can with the vest. He didn't give her more than a hug because she upset him in their conversation. He feels like she doesn't trust him, so he was mad, but he didn't want to ignore her, so he hugged her. Her friend is ridiculous and corrupts her a lot. Too bad Katya can't see that. LOL.
      The fact that Katya decided not to tell Patrick about her dancing with the guy might not be a wise choice, or it might not be that big of a deal, although it might create doubt. Katya's friend thinks she's boosting Katya's confidence with her advice, so in her mind, she is backing Katya up. Of course, you know better, LOL, that it's not actually helping Katya at all.

      Delete
  5. I seriously wouldn't worry that much. I mean like, if I were playing both Carisa and Katya's sides, this is how it'd go. On Katya's side, first of all, I wouldn't worry so much. I mean seriously. Let him do what he likes doing. Worry sometimes, but don't go overboard. Even if his work requires co-oping with women. I'd trust him, and I'd keep telling myself that he's faithful. On Carisa's side though... I have a feeling that she should really tell Katya to let Patrick continue doing what he loves. I feel like the whole dance with those men isn't too much, but for Carisa's case, I feel like she's kind of cheating, but not really at the same time, you know?
    But back to my point. Katya is going through one of those phases (chapters) again. Where her worries or what she wants to happen gets in front of her family's happiness. I mean like, she knows that Patrick loves magic and everything, but is it really worth causing all this trouble and putting him in pain? Like this is getting long, but I have to rant a little bit more. Plus, if Patrick died doing what he loves, he might not regret it. He might have wanted Katya to remarry and find her happiness, but if Katya truly loved him, then she wouldn't remarry. But then again, she still could n' all. Works either way, but in my head, I'm kind of mad at Katya and definitely not at Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya is overreacting. It's okay for her to worry, but she's overdoing it, which is pissing people off. Katya doesn't worry about Patrick and his friendships with other women. His only female friendship is Ephemera, and we now know that Ephemera doesn't tolerate being "the other woman," based on Chapter 10, when she explains the reason she came back to Silicon Shores was because she found out her boyfriend at the time was using her to cheat on his wife.
      Carisa is not a good friend, even if Katya thinks she is. So for Carisa to do the right thing regarding Katya, that will never happen because the point of Carisa's character is to steer Katya in the wrong direction. LOL, yes, I know what you meant about Carisa's dancing being almost cheating, but not really. That's what I intended for it to be, like Carisa would say one thing "I am married, so this is all you're getting" but then do the opposite because she's still grinding on the guy and showing off her body.
      Every time Katya goes through a speed bump in her life, she almost always seems to fall apart. She becomes very indecisive, and needy. She always needs help rather than trying to think for herself. A little part of her agrees with Carisa, because Katya wants Patrick to be safe and she doesn't think he can do that even with his added security. So the underlying problem, is Katya doesn't trust Patrick with his own safety, but instead of addressing the problem, she tries to get rid of the problem by erasing it from their lives. The main thing Katya should try to figure out is support. She is terrible at this. She thinks the family will all be happier if Patrick is not in danger anymore. She's failing to realize that if she does make him stop magic, the family will not be happy, she will be the only one who is happy. Supporting someone means being by their side even when the thing they are doing is a bit of a risk, but having faith in them that they know what they're doing.

      Delete
  6. *Shakes head at Katya* Oh my! Girlfriend! What are you thinking?! I'm glad she stuck up a little for Patrick but. . .*sighs* It's moments like this that I feel bad for Patrick. He's so understanding, so patient, and then when he asks her to be the same for him, she goes out and dances with another guy? And for the love of God, I hope she realizes eventually that Carisa gives horrible advice!

    I love it when you make me dislike characters this much! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... answer... Katya was not thinking. LOL! Katya's a little too... moldable. She had that moment of thinking where she was torn because she didn't want to make Patrick unhappy, but she was still terrified of losing him. But then as soon as Carisa said something, Katya thought 'Oh yeah, that's a possibility.' She gets corrupted really easily because she's so innocent and she sees Carisa as a confident woman, which is what she wants to be. Therefore, she thinks Carisa's advice is helpful. Poor, stupid Katya. LOL.

      Awww, haha, thank you for enjoying them so much. :) I am glad I can entertain you. :)

      Delete
  7. Sometimes I hate Carisa, and sometimes I just don't. I think she's misguided, but I feel like she's just telling Katya what she wants to hear sometimes. I even think some of her terrible advice has got a bit of truth in it sometimes. While I agree it isn't right to just give up what he loves because of the threats I also feel like he's being a little too nonchalant about the whole thing... I'd at least go to the cops and report it. There should be more middle ground ESPECIALLY since it's his life in danger and if this person is crazy enough to try and kill him who's to say they wouldn't go after his family? >.> This is my suspicious glary face mr blue-eyed stranger. You may be nobody at all, but I'm watching you anyway..

    Ahem. On the topic of the blue-eyed stranger - I know she feels kinda guilty about it, but I don't really think she should. For once, I feel like Carisa is pretty much right - at least with what she said anyway. There is absolutely no harm in dancing with a stranger as long as you're not setting them up and letting them think it could be more. Like she said, he was staying polite, and she was even smart enough to be uncomfortable with how intimate Carisa was being (which is another thing entirely - but I'm going to try and NOT hit character limit this time. lol). Even if Carisa isn't a good role model, if she can help Katya find more confidence in herself she could be a really positive thing for her. (I wholeheartedly believe that with more confidence Katya would even be more resilient Carisa and able to trust herself enough to work things out better for herself without asking Carisa to verify and embolden the stupid things she thinks sometimes... sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, Patrick is 'used to it' in a sense, and his confidence level might be a little too high regarding the topic, but he does think it's nothing. If the person had escalated their threat, like left something horrifying in his magic props or on his front door, then he would have called the cops. Going on some words that someone said - that someone who disappeared immediately afterwards - there isn't really anything the cops can do about it. They could just write it off as paranoia because Patrick was attacked once before. They investigated Patrick's incident at the Starlight for a long time, but it just became a cold case, so they know that he's been in danger before, but I don't know, I think that's what private security (which Patrick hired) is for more than cops. Unless Patrick gives them cold hard evidence, the cops are going to just be at a dead end. Patrick knows that, and that's why he didn't call the cops. The person has no qualms with Patrick's family, it's just a threat to scare him into quitting or at least throwing him off his game so much that he makes himself fail at his show. This isn't like a "I will kill your family to make you suffer" kind of threat. O_O

      LOL yeah, the dancing with the guy is sort of one of those grey areas, some people feel like looking at another guy while married is cheating, while others don't feel cheating happens until sex. Since Katya's more the goody two shoes kind of girl, she thought the touching around her waist was wrong. Carisa does have some very positive personality traits mixed into her bitchiness, LOL, I'm glad you picked up on those, considering your first impression of Carisa was not a great one. She is confident, and she wouldn't let any other man tell her what to do or treat her wrong. She'd make a great bodyguard for Katya, if the guys had been the rude, creep kind of guys, you can bet Carisa would have gotten the two of them out of there successfully. Katya wishes she had Carisa's confidence, and that's the main reason she has stayed friends with her despite Carisa's bossiness.

      LOL, I don't care if you hit character limit. I enjoy chatting with you on here. XD

      Delete
  8. I get that Katya is worried. I would be too, someone is trying to kill her husband! But please do not use that as an excuse to cheat on your husband! I swear, if the next chapter is something like, "I woke up next to a man that was not my husband..." I will personally recreate Katya in my game so I can torture her.

    I will say that Carisa made some good points in amongst all the horrible ones. Katya needs to vocalize her thoughts and not expect everyone to know what she's thinking and feeling. And although I don't personally thinking dancing with someone can be considered cheating (and I'm pretty sure neither will Patrick), I know she's been drinking, so dot dot dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL, I wasn't planning on having Katya cheat on Patrick, don't worry. XD I liked your threat to her, it was funny.

      Yeah, she had a buzz, so that's not the greatest time to be dancing with a sexy stranger, LOL. Carisa is... wierd, she has some good qualities, but she's so forceful and bossy, it's difficult to see sometimes that she might be trying to help Katya. LOL. Katya's shy-ness is not on her side, when she withdraws and acts like a pouty child, XD. You're right, she needs to say stuff if she wants to be heard. In a small way she's doing better at that, it's just sad that it's causing arguments between her and Patrick. Keeping things in will however, always be part of her personality. Haha yeah, Patrick won't think it's cheating, but Katya still doesn't plan on telling him.

      Delete
  9. Oh Katya, your friend Carisa is a twit, don't listen to her. You love patrick, and i'll beat your scrawny little ass if you cheat on him. LOL I get that she is worried, but cheating is NOT an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL 'twit,' love that. XD Hahaha, Katya's just dancing with the blonde stranger, her and Carisa both go home the same way they came, with each other. Carisa picked Katya up, as she often does when they go out, so she'll drop her off at home, and then go home herself. XD

      Delete
  10. Patrick is so blissful about this whole death threat situation, it worries me. Katya needs to take on a hobby or something, maybe she will stop feeling so bored and lonely. I understand Patrick though, you can't just stop doing what you love, you have to keep going especially if you're that dedicated. I don't think he loves his job more than Katya and Armand considering the fact that he stopped working for 7 years to raise Armand pretty much. Sometimes you just have to let people go and do their own thing no matter how much you don't agree with it, you still have to support them, to an extent and trust that they will be okay. Carisa really is ummm..Something else, I still don't like her, she sickens me :S. You can't change someone's life no matter how much you want to. Katya is really going to make a stupid move if she demands Patrick to quit his job, that's just selfish beyond belief. Carisa is fucking gross, excuse my language but seriously? You have a husband and you're letting another guy practically grope you, ugh she irritates me so much. And what the fuck is wrong with Katya, I know she's a little drunk but seriously, drunk people know what's going on, they just use that whole drunk thing as an excuse. I'm, shocked at Katya what a lying, secretive, ungrateful woman. :( WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT TO PATRICK???? The least she could do is tell him but the fact that she's not going to tell him is just messed up. I'm sorry for my choice of words but ughhh I'm so upset right now...Why do you do this to me LateKnight? :/ lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't call it blissful, he's just not showing fear. He's aware of the situation, and he's not going to be stupid and just be like going down dark alleys by himself, waiting for someone to jump him or something. LOL. Uh huh, magic is what he loves deep down in his soul. Not many people can say they know of what they really, really love, but Patrick is one of those rare people who found it.

      IKR? Katya's just being unreasonable, overreacting like she did in an earlier chapter. Patrick went on hiatus for Katya, so he could help with Armand when he was a baby, and Katya just doesn't see it that way. Katya has not figured out the "support" part of being married yet. She still thinks Patrick should do things for her, but she doesn't realize that she needs to let stuff go as well for him. She doesn't understand that she is being selfish because she thinks what she wants makes more sense. She can't understand why Patrick doesn't share her viewpoint.

      LOL it's okay, I didn't write Carisa so that people would like her, and you're absolutely right, she is fucking gross. I actually hate her myself, too. IKR? Carisa is manipulating Katya and Katya is falling for it. Yeah, if she listens to Carisa, that would be selfish of her. I really don't like when women ask their husbands to change their jobs because the woman doesn't like it. Katya is... naive, and pretty stupid, which is why she's letting herself be manipulated by Carisa just because she's disagreeing with Patrick about his job situation. Haha, no worries, feel free to vent away about the characters. They do some stupid shit sometimes. LOL. She kept it a secret because she feels like what Patrick doesn't know won't hurt him. She also thinks that because she's not going to sleep with the guy or kiss him, that it's harmless. Well... this generation is all about secrets, so I had to make sure secrets abound among the characters to have it live up to that. XD

      Delete
  11. Sooo, I totally get Katya's worries over the dangers related to Patrick's job. But to ask him to leave the job that he loves and is so passionate about? I hope that doesn't happen. Because if she does ask and he does quit, I feel that can lead to resentment and if that happens, I do not see their marriage lasting for much longer. It's almost like we're seeing Dustin and Helena's relationship again, but in a different way, but with all of those fears and insecurities. Katya needs better friends who give better advice. Carisa does not seem like the best person to be handing out relationship or personal advice to anyone. Are bad things a-comin'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, asking someone who has great passion for their job to give it up is ludicrous. Carisa's opinion that it is "just a job" doesn't apply to Patrick, to Patrick, his job is his livelihood, it's what makes him truly happy. I think there are some people who do work at jobs where it's just something to pay the bills, but this is not the case for Patrick, and if Katya takes Carisa's advice to heart, it will mean bad things for Katya and Patrick.
      Katya is definitely exhibiting "Helena-like" qualities, LOL, what with the fear, the stupid decision making, and the not talking to her husband. Katya is very gullible and corruptible, so she's playing with fire being Carisa's friend. Carisa definitely is a very terrible influence, LOL, she really should be just heard, but not listened to. XD I know I would listen to nothing Carisa told me.
      *shrugs* Bad things will happen if Katya continues to be an idiot but then again... maybe Katya will finally pull her head out of her ass... >:D You'll have to read on to find out. XD

      Delete
  12. Again the fucking double standards!!!! I can't stand it. She gave home hell when he was out with E but now she's out AT A CLUB and letting this guy dance with her. If things were reversed she would be throwing a fucking temper tantrum!!! I'm so over her at this point!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Katya has double standards, unfortunately, and Patrick didn't even go to a club, nor see any women during the time he and Emmanuel hung out. Yet, she tore him a new asshole, and now she's out with her friend doing stuff she was worried Patrick would do. Patrick told her that he was going to hang out with Emmanuel, and then he told her what they did when he came home late, which she has no intentions of doing for him. She's being a class A bitch right now.

      Delete
  13. Oh she has got to be kidding. She read Patrick the riot act for hanging out with Emmanuel for a night and having a couple of beer yet this is what she is doing at a club. This woman has one set of rules for her and another for everyone else. Now after dancing with some other guy she is going to try and make Patrick quit his job. I'm sure Patrick won't and I hope he gets fed up with her enough to send her packing without Armand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Katya's a class A dumbass, isn't she? LOL. Now she's following Carisa's ridiculous behavior, and holding Patrick to a double standard. What's even worse is that Patrick would only do innocent things while hanging out with Emmanuel, and she got upset for that yet then she goes out clubbing? Yeah, it kind of looks like she's down the path of forcing her strictness onto Patrick now, and not just Armand. *rolls eyes at Katya*

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com