Sunday, February 23, 2014

Patrick Six: Getting Closer

Mild Nudity, FYI - LateKnightSimmer



I woke up with Katya in my bed, scrunched up in a ball with one hand under the pillow and one hand under her head. She still had her blue sundress on, and she looked very peaceful laying there with her lips slightly parted. This was the first time I'd experienced a girl staying the night without the feeling of wanting to be rid of her in the morning, and it was nice. I found that my eyes gravitated towards her full lips, and I really wanted to kiss her. I quickly pushed those thoughts out of my head because the last thing I wanted was to act like a creep towards Katya.


Deciding against disturbing the serenity of Katya's slumber, I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower instead. I turned on the water and stripped, stepping into the shower and shutting the door behind me. As the warmth of the water flowed over me, I felt instantly refreshed. I thought back to last night and how Katya seemed to be at ease during dinner, making small talk with Emmanuel, yet as soon as he had left, she had tensed up a little, like when I was on the phone with her and she sounded as if she was afraid of intruding in my life.


I was happy that she wanted to get to know my best friend, but I was a little annoyed and sad about all of the awkwardness and tension surrounding her. She said she liked me, and that she felt safe with me, yet why did she feel the need to have her guard up around me? Did I do something that she didn't like? Say something she didn't like? She was a new experience for me, and I was curious. After finishing my shower, I shut the water off and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my waist after tousling my hair, and entered the bedroom again.


"OH!"

Katya looked down at the floor, shielding her eyes with her hand, embarrassed that she had seen me in my towel. I laughed a little to myself, but not loud enough for her to think I was laughing at her expense. I found it funny that she was acting like we were teenagers who might get caught doing inappropriate things. I walked over to her, standing in front of her.

"Good morning, Katya. You don't have to be shy. I'm not going to bite."

"Good morning. I just- I wasn't expecting you to be... naked when I got up."

"I'm not. I have a towel on."


I smiled at her, knowing what she meant, but tried to joke around with her, wanting her to be less jumpy. I put my arm around her and gave her a kiss. She hung her arms behind her back as if she was scared to touch my bare skin. I let her go and walked into my closet to put on some clothes. When I went back into the bedroom, Katya was sitting on my bed looking like she needed to get something off her chest. I was a little scared, questioning whether I'd done something wrong or not.


"Patrick, I want to tell you something. I know I haven't known you for very long, but I feel like I've been pretty awkward so far in my interactions with you, and with questions that I may have asked you. I'm sorry about that, and I want to tell you why."

I was relieved to hear that Katya wasn't upset with me, and that I hadn't been doing something to make her uncomfortable. I remained standing in front of her until she was done talking.

"I'm really bad at relationships. When I was seventeen, I went to prom with my boyfriend. After prom was over, he took me to a motel, which I thought was what I wanted. It turned out it wasn't, but he ended up date raping me. I've had trouble trusting people since then. My girlfriends weren't supportive when I told them what happened, and people just called me a whore. I spent the rest of my time in high school alone and miserable. It's been a few years now, but that night still haunts me, and any time I start a relationship, I'm always weary. That's why I asked you if you'd had a lot of girlfriends, I just didn't want to date you if you were one of those guys who goes through girlfriends like they go through beer, dumping them once they get what they want out of them."


I stood there, stunned, listening carefully to every piece of information Katya revealed to me. She had been through so much and she looked like she was barely twenty years old. I remained silent, unable to figure out what to say to her, since she had left me speechless. My heart went out to her and I found myself crouching down on the floor for some reason. All the stuff had happened to her, not me, so why was I the one who felt like I couldn't stand? Finally, I felt like my brain could focus, and I managed to say a few words.


"Katya, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that."

"It's okay. I've been seeing a therapist since I graduated high school, so I've been getting better slowly."

"I want you to know, I would never force myself on you."

Katya jumped off my bed and came to sit with me. She seemed a lot more comfortable with me now after she told me all of that stuff about her past. She put her hand around the back of my neck, snuggling her small body in between my legs. I touched her hair and she let out a soft sigh of contentment.


"Katya, I feel like I should tell you something about me since you shared all of that."

"Mm, okay."

"I have trust issues too. I was playing in the playground when I was four years old, and my aunt was supposed to be watching me. The next thing I knew, I was being kidnapped. I stayed in this crazy lady's house, and she kept telling me that I was supposed to stay with her because she was going to bring my father back with her so we could be a happy family. I was there for about a week before the police found me and brought me home. I had a problem with going outside for a little while when I was still a child, but I've gradually gotten over that fear."

"Oh my god, you were kidnapped? That's horrible. I'm glad you are okay."

"Thank you."

Katya turned around and hugged me, smiling up at me. I was happy that we had cleared the air between us, and maybe we would be able to get to know each other even better after this.


Later that day, Katya left and went back to her house. I went over to Emmanuel's house to hang out with him. It was a cool yet comfortable night, as was the norm for Silicon Shores. We sat out on his front porch chit chatting like we often did, about our personal lives, or work.

"Did we get the theater show, Emmanuel?"

"Yes, this Friday at 8pm. You'll never guess who I ran into when I was trying to go home though... Jaxson."

"Uh oh. The Great Santorini. How'd that go?"

Emmanuel's ex-boyfriend, better known in the magic world as The Great Santorini, was a celebrity who I did not want to ever become like. He acted like he owned the town just because he was the most famous magician around right now. Any time I saw him he was always trying to make himself look like a big deal, expecting people to bend over backwards for him. Thinking that you're too big to fall is a grave mistake lots of people make, and the long fall to the bottom is an unpleasant jolt back to reality.


"Strangely, to be honest. At first of course, he insulted me, which I was fully expecting, but then he got all sentimental. It was wierd. I was just about to leave, but Jaxson followed me, and said he missed me. If he had left it at that, I would have just thought he was bluffing cause he wanted a one night stand, but he also apologized. I don't even know what to make of that. Then he kissed me. I did kiss him back, and I took him home with me. In the morning, he was gone, but he left a note."

"Dude, you slept with him again?"

"Well, yeah, I mean, honestly, I just wanted some, and he was there. If it hadn't been him, it would have been a random guy from a bar."

"Okay as long as you're not getting back with him, I know how much he hurt you."


"Yeah, I remember why I broke up with him, I'm just confused of why he apologized. He always had to be right, about everything, he always had to win every argument when we were together."

"I don't know. Maybe he feels guilty or something, or he's jealous that you're working with me."

I happened to look out towards the street, when I saw a blonde girl out for an evening jog. She looked familiar, and as she got closer to where we were, I saw that it was Ephemera. I wanted to wave at her, but she ran up to the house with purpose so I didn't need to.


"Hi guys. I didn't know you lived on my jogging route."

"Ephemera, did you still want the assistant job?"

"Yeah, I'd love to work for you, Hunter."

"Oh, about that, if we're not at work, I'd actually prefer you call me Patrick. The Hunter's just my stage name. I know it sounds cool, but I'm not going to go by that unless I'm performing."


I waited patiently to see what Ephemera would say or do. This was a small test I was giving her to see if she was capable of taking instruction well. She looked at me and smiled.

"Sounds good, Patrick. I'm sorry, I didn't know. The other magicians I've worked for preferred me to call them by their stage names."

"That's okay, thanks for understanding. Let's meet here later and we can do a practice run of a typical show."

Ephemera agreed, and the three of us exchanged numbers, planning to meet the next night to practice. After making our plans, Ephemera left, leaving Emmanuel and I to ourselves.

33 comments:

  1. Kayta is so sweet and what happened to her was terrible and I hope they can have a good relationship.
    I hope the practice goes well but with Ephemera, I'm not sure but I guess we will see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're taking it one step at a time. Katya revealing that stuff to Patrick was very helpful in them becoming closer and removing all the awkwardness. Ephemera's still a mystery, but she's trying here in this chapter to be a little nicer, which is good.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Lckygrl!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for restoring my trust in Emm´s common sense *lol*
    Right now I wonder how Katya will cope with Patrick´s job in the future...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. It's no problem. LOL. Emmanuel's smart, he never wanted to be in a relationship with Jaxson again... Jaxson's changed too much and Emmanuel doesn't seem himself wanting to love someone like that. Last chapter it was his residual feelings coming up, mixed with being horny, ROFL.
      I don't know... only time will tell how Katya deals with Patrick's job. She thinks it's pretty cool, she was impressed when he did some tricks outside the grocery store. XD

      Thanks for reading and commenting, anna. :D

      Delete
    2. Still, I somehow hope you will draw some small side story out of Jaxson at some point *g*

      Delete
    3. Jaxson will still be in the story, no worries there. I planned on him being one of the main characters. :D

      Delete
  3. Where'd my comment go? I swear I left one! Oh well, It gave me another opportunity to look at Patrick! =D

    Close up of him in the shower. . . . .*scrolls back up to look*. . . . .*sighs from contentment*. . . . .*scrolls back up to look into his eyes*. . . . .Beautiful!!!!

    Okay, now that I've drooled all over the keyboard (again), I'm glad Katya and him talked a little and things don't seem so awkward between them!

    I think it's sweet how Patrick kind of looks out for Emmanuel. They seem to have a good friendship.

    I just get a bad vibe from Ephemera. She's too smooth or something. I wonder how the three of them working together is going to work?

    *Scrolls back up to sneak one last look at Patrick*. . . . .*melts*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I don't know where your comment went, I checked my dashboard, and it didn't get dumped in the wrong place or anything. LOL, excellent way to look at the potential (non)misfortune. Sorry about that, Blogger probably ate it. *smacks Blogger* I love you dude, but seriously. LOL.

      Aww haha, I greatly enjoyed the shower pictures and closeups of his eyes. *dies* LOL, yes, he and Katya like each other enough to get over this initial icebreaker that needed to happen so they can hang out without all the self doubt.

      :) Patrick and Emmanuel are best friends, and they will always be best friends. The industry they are in can be shady at times, and it's hard to know who you can trust, so they're going to hang on to the trust they've established with each other.

      Awww, you didn't like Ephemera here? LOL, granted she wasn't here for very long, but she was trying to be nice. She does have a very strong personality that makes bad first impressions, but she's not all bad. She may be a little opinionated at times, but now that Patrick's started to lay some ground rules that she listened to, he's willing to give her a chance. Haha, I don't know how they're going to work together, right now they seem pretty cohesive, Ephemera didn't run away again without giving her number, LOLL.

      Thanks for reading and commenting sandybeachgirl! :)

      Delete
  4. Hmm, I guess I can trust Epherma a bit more now... That shower pic... *Closes eyes* No peeping! LOL. I hope that Katya and Patrick can hang out more in the future. They seem to be cool with each other now. I'm glad that Patrick and Emmanuel are friends. They seem to be able to help out with each other's problems, which is a good trait to have. Can't wait for more ^o^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ephemera has a nice side to her, yes, LOL. She just comes across as a bit harsh sometimes. Katya and Patrick do like each other so they'll be hanging out more. Katya wouldn't have told Patrick that personal information about her if she didn't want to hang out with him. Patrick and Emmanuel have known each other for a few years now, and they've learned to trust each other. They'll always have each other's backs.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, parabee. :D

      Delete
  5. It's good to see that Katya can be so open with Patrick after not knowing her for that long, I sure as hell wouldn't be able to admit something like that to someone like she did though. I was surprised to see her reveal such heartache to him. But, I guess they can relate to one another now, seeing as they both have had a bit of turmoil in their past.
    Hmm... I still don't trust Ephemera.. -_______- idk why
    *pushes her over into the dirt* BETTER WATCH YOURSELF...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya did share a really personal piece of information early on in her friendship with Patrick, and she did it because she felt like it was holding her back from being "normal" around him. I'd agree with you, me personally, I wouldn't have shared something that personal so soon. Now that they've both sort of broken the ice with each other, it'll be much better for them.

      LOL, Ephemera. Perhaps she's just too much of a mystery or something.
      Ephemera: *spits out dirt*

      Thanks for reading and commenting, MrsOogie Boogie. :D

      Delete
  6. Ah has a bad rap already there's just something about her that's just not trustworthy. Maybe it's because she has to try to be nice instead just being nice.
    The friendship between Patrick and Emmanuel is great that they can discuss the Jaxson so openly and honestly.
    Not sure yet about Katya - she revealed a lot about herself in such a short amount of time. Granted it was probably good to get it out in the open but I would be like on information overload if I were Patrick. But it was nice that he shared his past as well so there is something there between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Ephemera made a shitty first impression on everyone. XD She was being nice here, but she is still a mystery.
      Yeah, Patrick and Emmanuel are best friends, and they get along well. They hang out a lot and are really comfortable with each other.
      Katya felt that piece of information she revealed was necessary for her to stop being awkward around Patrick. If she had continued to be awkward, she didn't know how long Patrick would put up with it, and she likes him enough to want to try having a friendship with him that could turn into something more. Patrick did get an information overload, that's why he felt like he couldn't stand after she told him all that. He did see that Katya was trying to open up, so he wanted to be on the same level with her somewhat. Now that they've crossed that initial roadblock, they'll be more easygoing with each other.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, DandyLion. XD

      Delete
  7. I can't get over Patrick's eyes. I find myself staring at his eyes a little bit too long. I love that he opened himself up a little to Katya and told her a little about his past with his trust issues. Katya is adorable, and I'm glad she finally opened up to Patrick about her own personal demons. Her past explains a lot, and now I see why she is the way she is. How awful for her. :( I really like the two of them together, although I do think Ephemera is going to through a monkey wrench into that relationship, although I was pleasantly surprised at how nice she was to Patrick in this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick's eyes are pretty, aren't they? I was kind of wondering if he would continue the green eyed trend that Alex and Max had, but I was not disappointed when he got Soleil's brown eyes. They have a great contrast with his guy-liner and dark hair style!
      Patrick and Katya got over that initial icebreaker, which was crucial in them being able to get any further in their friendship. I was hoping it would explain a lot, and I'm glad it came across that way to you. :) It was very heavy information, but I felt it needed to be said, LOL.
      I think you're one of the few who thought Ephemera was being a pleasant person during her conversation with Patrick. LOL. She realized her errors in judgment when she first talked to Patrick, as he's not like many other magicians she's worked with.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, amandralynn! :)

      Delete
  8. This story is awesome! I really hope Patrick finds loves with katya like his parents love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi brookethomasstory! :) Thank you!
      We'll see if Patrick and Katya fall in love or not. Haha, yeah, his parents' love is pretty amazing. :)
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. Well... That's creepy Ephemera...

    I'm glad you seem a little more down to earth this time - but still way too convenient timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Ephemera made a terrible first impression on you, didn't she? XD She is kind of creepy and mysterious... Haha, well, she does live in the same town now, so she can go for a nighttime jog, right? Got to keep her figure perfect as a showy assistant somehow. :)

      Delete
  10. I'm glad both Katya and Patrick shared some of their past with each other. Patrick might've been thinking Katya was acting a bit strange, and this way they can be more understanding of one another. A little honesty and trust can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good for them to open up to each other. In a way, them keeping those parts of them secret from each other, although normal this early on in a relationship, can sometimes be bad if kept too long. Since they both had some awkwardness going on, getting these big things out of the way made them trust each other a little more, and also explain why they are the way they are.

      Delete
  11. I love Katya :) It's a shame she was raped...By her own boyfriend ...that's just sad on his behalf lol but I see why she acts the way she does now. I just hope she isn't too cautious with Patrick because he might get annoyed with her trust issues. I'm glad they shared their weaknesses with each other...Patrick seems to look back at things he saw when he was younger...I think it was the chapter before this when he said he doesn't want a relationship like the one they had...he's scared and VERY observant of other people. I like how Patrick and Emmanuel talk about everything with each other and Patrick told him what he need to hear instead of what he wanted to hear :) Ephemera....I still don't trust her lol idk y but I just don't...hopefully she's a good assistant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the way...maybe I'm seeing. Things but...Ephemera kind of looks like Katya in those pictures lol...maybe it's just me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... date rape is stupid, and I don't know why people do it. *rolls eyes*
      LOL, that is true, everyone has a limit to their patience, so hopefully Katya doesn't do this forever and drive Patrick away. He's perceptive, so he notices everything about people. :D Patrick is scared about relationships, his Aunt Helena's relationship was terrible and he noticed how much his Uncle Dustin was unhappy all the time, so it had a large effect on him. Yup, that's Patrick and Emmanuel, best friends who are honest with each other and they tell each other everything. Haha, Ephemera is mysterious, so I'm not surprised you don't trust her, I've not put much of anything else about her in the story yet, LOL. Meh, I guess, they're both blonde and skinny. LOL. Plus I think I put a similar hair style on Ephemera that Katya usually has.

      Delete
  13. Poor Katya. Such a horrible and traumatizing thing to happen, especially so young and by someone she trusted. Makes it that much more difficult. She's so strong, though, and she's working passed it, which is great for her. I'm glad that she feels Patrick is someone she can talk to about that. And for him to share some of his past? What a caring soul. Ephemera. Hmm. She sure does know when to show up unexpectedly. Better keep my eyes on her... :) great chapter, very touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Some people are just horrible, like I don't even know what would give a person the thought in their head that it would be a good idea to date rape someone. It makes it worse when the person doesn't even get in trouble for it, but the person who got date raped gets all the flak. It's quite a ridiculous situation she had in high school. Yeah, she's really strong, she could have started a drug habit or something like some teenagers do when they want to deal with stress unhealthily. Katya working with her therapist on her trust issues helped a lot with her opening up to Patrick because she does get a trusting vibe from him. Patrick felt very touched that Katya would share that with him, so he wanted to reciprocate. They just went miles in their relationship in like three days, just by opening up to each other. Haha, yeah, Ephemera is still pretty mysterious, but she did apologize to Patrick, so that's good. Realistically Ephemera lives in town, so there wouldn't be any reason she wouldn't see or pass someone's house while she's out and about. LOL. She's not stalking them or anything. XD Promise. :D
      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  14. I was expecting something like this from Katya, from her reactions to Patrick's moves on her.

    It is wonderful that both have opened their hearts, so that now they can build their relationship with stronger bonds of trust. It is also how they start healing. Lovely.

    I also enjoyed reading Patrick's impressions about his kidnapping, though mentioned very en passant.

    Katya is beautiful, and for a moment I thought it was her jogging -- Ephemera looks pretty much like Katya.

    But my heart has an owner in this generation, and of course it is Emmanuel. So handsome. He's got the looks of a model. I can't stop awing at his beauty. He'll get any guy he wants whenever he wants -- if he wants one. I hope he will move on and away from Jax for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm hmm... Katya is very skittish, and that was a very real possibility as to the cause of her behavior.

      They both had a nice moment here together, breaking through the ice that seemed to have formed between them when they first met. Trust is something that is very good to have in a relationship, and they needed that if their relationship was going to go anywhere.

      Thanks, Patrick feels okay from his kidnapping now as an adult because he didn't dwell on it, and he had good parents to help him through it when he was little, so he healed properly. It doesn't affect him as negatively as it could have if his parents and him had not dealt with it as well as they all did.

      Thank you for the compliments on Katya. I was really proud of her when I made her, LOL, I don't feel like I make girl Sims as well as boy Sims, mainly because I like boy Sims so much better. XD Heehee... as for Ephemera looking like Katya, questions answered later, but you won't have to wait long.

      Oh, man, thank you LOL. Your compliments are making me blush. I am so happy you think Emmanuel is so handsome. Heehee. I really enjoyed making him. :) As for your worries about Emmanuel and Jaxson, I can safely say that yes, Emmanuel is not going to pine away for Jaxson, and he'll continue to move on like he was doing. Sleeping with Jaxson didn't make him falter emotionally, he will be fine. ^_^

      Delete
  15. oh wow poor Katya. I can see why she has trust issues after something like that. I'm glad she opened up to Patrick and I'm glad he did the same. I think they are really cute together.

    Jury is still out on Ephemera. Not sure how she'll be, but I can't trust her right now. The way she just shows up and everything. It's good that E told Patrick about Jaxon, but I hope they are both on guard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Katya's suffered a huge trauma at a really young age. She's really trying to be more open in her relationship with Patrick, so she can heal herself. She sees a nice quality in Patrick, so she feels safe with him.

      LOL, it's okay. Ephemera really was just out for a jog, they live in the same town, and Emmanuel lives on a main street, so it's not like she's stalking them or anything. XD She was in the bar that night because she's in the magic business too, and she knows that bar has a lot of starting magicians. Ephemera's resourceful, which can come across as her being too coincidental. Yeah, Emmanuel knows that with Jaxson being an asshole, anything could happen, so he was not going to keep that from Patrick. It was beneficial to both of them especially for their line of work.

      Delete
  16. Its good that Katya was willing to open up to Patrick and tell him her fears she must be getting more comfortable with Patrick. It probably helped that Patrick opened up to her too. They are a sweet couple and I hope that their relationship continues to florish. I still do not trust Ephemera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katya's fears are very strong, but she has made good progress with Patrick, as he did with her. They made a good step in their relationship today.
      That's okay, you're not supposed to trust Ephemera right now. LOL.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com