Thursday, June 13, 2013

Maximus Five: Burning Helena

Soleil stirs and I feel her hair tickle my chin, causing me to open my eyes slowly.

"Good morning, Maximus."

I like it when Soleil says my full name, it makes me feel powerful. I give her a nice long kiss and then tell her good morning.

KNOCK KNOCK.

"Guys, I made breakfast, get it while it's hot!"

Stupid Helena. At least she didn't barge in this time. She's nice enough to make breakfast, but I wanted to have some morning fun. I wonder if Soleil does, so I bury my face in her chest and kiss her repeatedly. She grabs my hair a little roughly, rolls over on top of me and looks around in her nightstand. If that's not confirmation, I don't know what is. Soleil kisses me hard and we thoroughly enjoy a morning quickie.


We are in the middle of continuing to make out after the quickie, but are interrupted once again.

KNOCK KNOCK.

"Breakfast is still on the counter, do you guys want it or should I just put it away?"

Soleil stops sucking my upper lip long enough to yell that we'll be there in a minute and for Helena to stop getting her panties in a bunch. Soleil cracks me up. We get up and get dressed and go out to the dining room. Soleil rolls her eyes at Helena as she gets some pancakes.

"Thank you for making breakfast, Helena."

"You're welcome, Soleil."

After breakfast and some uncomfortable silence between Soleil and Helena, I go to the living room and Soleil follows me.


"How do you feel, Soleil?"

"I don't know. That was a weird encounter with Helena. I don't want to be mad at her, she's my best friend, but ever since you and I hooked up, she's been such a pain in the ass."

"Do you want me to talk to her? I put up with her for a long time, growing up with her."

"Yeah, if you really want to. I mean, I don't want to like, dump my problems on you, and I don't expect you to fix them."

"I know that, Soleil. Last night when you fell asleep after you cried a little cause of what Helena said, I was upset at her for doing that to you. I'm going to go talk to her."

"Oh, Maximus, you're perfect."

"Don't mention it. I'll be back."


I get up and walk towards the pool table. I need something to do while talking to Helena, she kind of has a way of pissing me off, so I decide that a game of pool would be good to distract me while I try to get my point across to her. I feel Soleil looking at my ass as I leave the room.


"So Helena, Soleil tells me you think I can't be trusted? What's up with that?"

Helena kind of looks at me blankly, like she's been caught off guard that I asked her such a pointed question.

"Well, Max, you haven't had a girlfriend, well, ever. So I didn't think that you even wanted one, since you're always looking around for someone else."

"Do I need to remind you, Helena, that you haven't been able to keep any of your boyfriends with you, well, ever? What's your longest relationship been, like two weeks?"


"Max, keeping a boyfriend is not the same as never having one. The fact that I had boyfriends before means I am capable of starting a relationship."

"Maybe I hadn't found someone I wanted to keep around for a long period of time, did you ever think of that?"

"You and long periods of time with a girl don't even make sense in the same sentence."

"Helena, you're a dick."


All right, so she's still stubborn and thinks I can't hold on to a relationship for shit. Fine, she can think whatever she wants of me.

"Helena, are you afraid I'm going to hurt Soleil? Is that why you told her I can't be trusted?"

"Well, yeah, and I think Soleil might hurt you too."

"Really? Well, let me ask you this, Helena. You guys were back here for a day before I showed up. Did she bring a guy here the night I wasn't here?"

"I didn't see her do that. She was mostly just on her phone, but I don't know what she was doing on it."

"I'll tell you what she was doing, she was texting me."


I look up after my second shot and see Helena looking at the floor, like she's ashamed of what she assumed. I hope that she is ashamed because she seriously needs to stop being so judgmental of Soleil and I.

"You made Soleil feel like shit. I think you should apologize to her, and quit assuming the worst about us."

"I did apologize to her. Last night. Before you got here."

"No, that's not what she felt. She said you did try to apologize, but then you started ragging on me for coming here but not registering for class. She felt like you just kept changing the subject instead of just apologizing. If you really want to make up with her, since she's your best friend, then start acting like it. Best friends don't have to agree on everything to be best friends. They should understand each other and help each other, discuss things instead of just judging, labeling and assuming."


Score. Helena looks at the floor again, and she's super quiet. She can't argue with me either because she knows I'm right. I finally miss a shot and it's Helena's turn, although she's not paying any attention.

"Helena, your turn."

She starts playing, and I can't help but feel victorious that I used my logic to burn her. I really hope she apologizes to Soleil.

"What's wrong Helena? Got anything to say for yourself?"

"I did feel like a bitch, but I was really trying to protect you guys from each other, cause I know how both of you can get sometimes."


"Helena, maybe you should try living in the present instead of worrying about the past so much, huh? I admit, I was an immature teenager and I didn't know what it meant to really like someone. I feel like you should look at how I'm acting now instead of what I used to do, and the same goes for Soleil. You don't have to trust us if you don't want to, but I'm letting you know right now we are both choosing to trust each other."

I get a warm feeling around my waist and feel someone hugging me from behind. Soleil whispers in my ear and just holds me.

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"Can I go house hunting with you today?"


"Sure baby."

"How's your pool game going?"

"You can join."

Soleil plays with Helena and I for a little while. When the game is over, Soleil comes over to me, and I can tell she still feels kind of uncomfortable around Helena. I give her a kiss and hug her.

"I talked to Helena. She felt bad."

"Thank you."


"Um, Soleil?"

"Yes, Helena?"

"I'm really sorry for being so mean to you, and judging you all the time. I'd like it if we could maybe start fresh? I really am glad for our friendship, and glad you're my roommate."

"Ok, that was an apology, Helena. I accept."


After I hear them make up, I go back over to Soleil and hug her.

"Are you better, Soleil?"

"Yes. Thank you, Max."

"Well, anything for you."


I notice Helena smile while watching Soleil and I interact. Maybe what I said got through to her. I hope. I'm satisfied at least that she made up with Soleil.

RING-RING-RING.

It's Dad calling asking me when I'd like to start house hunting. I tell him that I should probably stop at the hotel and get a change of clothes before we go. He says he'll bring a change of clothes for me and then he'll be on his way to pick me up. I'm glad I'm going to get a chance to get out of these stinky clothes and that Soleil is coming with me to look for houses. So far, the start to life on my own is going great.


CREDITS:

38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LMAO YESSS! :) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I hope Max and Soleil move in with each other. I know there relationship is still new, but its obvious that they are awesome together. they need to get away from Helena. Even though she is a little bit better then she was, she still is too uptight and needs a good boning. Great chapter! <3 Max and Soleil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words cannot express how much Helena needs to get laid. ROFL. Max and Soleil are perfect for each other aren't they? Hahaha. Helena, sadly, is the cause for the conflict in this story, so she will not be removing her uptight buttocks any time soon. New characters will be showing up in future chapters to change the dynamic of things. :) Thanks for you comment!

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm really glad Max's life is getting a lot better.
    He's so hot.
    Anyways.. LOL I'm with amandra, I hope they move in together. Then they won't have to deal with Helena's stupid ass anymore. I liked seeing a softer side in Helena rather than her normal 'i hate everything, everyone's wrong' attitude, and I feel like Max really got through to her. Cute chapter, can't wait for them to go house hunting!
    *awaits pictures of Max and Alex together*
    *dies at the thought*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Max and Alex together... *faints*
      Yes he is so hot. Helena. God Helena, I don't know what her problem is. I never understood people like that, I really think it's because she's never been laid. Helena's uptightedness is no match for Max's intelligence. LOL. She knows he's smart and she knows he's right.
      House hunting yes, I am looking forward to writing that because Alex will be here. Yay. *faints*
      Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
    2. Max and Alex are hot, and now that I have Max in my game Muahhaha, he is going to be a stud and crank out hot children to pass his hotness on down the line.

      Delete
    3. OMG yes, do it. LOL. The world needs more hot Sims. :) <3

      Delete
  4. ^u^

    I'm dying laughing thinking of Max as the official "hotness stud"
    Like, some sort of prized horse - on a billboard.

    Now I really want him to have a billboard. I may have to endeavor this.....
    What slogan would be on a Maximus billboard? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... *broods* LOL probably just the "What we do in life echoes in eternity" quote I have for this whole story.

      Delete
  5. Ok I don't get Helena. She's being so hypocritical! Complaining about Max not having a girlfriend before and her longest relationship is...two weeks lol. I don't really consider a relationship for two weeks really like "boyfriend" status. =/ At least she apologized. Let's hope she stops interfering so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Helena's an idiot, and a hypocrite, like you said. She thinks there's only one "right way" to do things, so it often makes her contradict herself. The relationship lasting two weeks really isn't boyfriend status, I agree, this is probably where Helena's problems lie. She pushes the boy into getting really serious after a short time span of two weeks, and most of them leave. She is her own problem, but she's too dumb to realize it.

      Delete
  6. Lets hope she means her apology and can be nice about Max and Soleil being together from now on. They are cute together - I hope it does last!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Helena did mean her apology at the time. She is super mistrusting about both of them together because she can't let go of how they acted in the past. Helena doesn't believe that people can change. Helena wasn't understanding that with each other, they don't need anyone else, and that they slept around in the past before they met each other because no one really satisfied them. It's that whole, when you find "the one" you know type of thing. =) I can tell you for sure without spoiling anything that Max and Soleil will last.

      Delete
  7. Again, loads of hate to Helena. She's trying to make good with them. She made a nice peace offering of pancakes. Yes, Soleil thanked her, but then Max chewed her out for expressing her concerns, even if she did express them in a bitchy way.
    Helena can only base her opinions and worries on what she knows, and she was worried over the ones she cared about. I think Max was a bit harsh. He might've said something like 'thank you for your concern, but let us make our own choices even if they could turn out to be mistakes' and left it at that.
    I don't understand how Soleil ever made friends with her in the first place. Maybe they once balanced each other out and that doesn't apply anymore. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, he was pretty harsh cause he's annoyed that she just keeps insisting that he is incapable of changing his behavior. It makes him feel like everything he's trying to do is going unnoticed. Now, that's not to say he's trying to have a real relationship with Soleil to make other people think better of him, he does genuinely like Soleil, but it is super annoying when your own flesh and blood thinks so little of you that they just keep ridiculing you at every turn.

      Helena doesn't have very much to go on, you're right. Helena's concern is based out of love for Max and Soleil, but she has a terrible time of coming off judgmental instead of caring. There is a first time for everything, however, and I think that's the hard part. All Max can do now is stay true to his word that he doesn't want anyone else but Soleil and act on it.

      Soleil and Helena got assigned as roommates, so they've just been living together. Yeah, you can change your roommate, but they were getting along fine for the most part till Soleil and Max started dating. I guess they were friends because of convenience and proximity, rather than friends because of common interests.

      Delete
  8. Since the move and the talk, maybe Helena will calm down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't bet on it... >:D LOL. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. Well I am glad that things are going to maybe go better now that Helena understands that she should be a better friend and stop worrying about the choices made by Soleil and Max.

    I love those two horny toads lol. They always on each other. It is so cute. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena understands for now, and has apologized, so for now things are better. Trust. Helena needs to learn trust. LOL.

      LMAO horny toads, I love it. There is definitely a physical attraction between Max and Soleil that they do not deny. <3

      Delete
  10. It was nice of Max to stick up for Soleil by talking to his sister. He's treating Soleil like she's the most important person in his life (and she probably is). She has to like that. Love those two together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes it was. Yup, you're right, Max does value Soleil as the most important person in his life. Soleil loves it. A lot. LOL. They are one of my favorite couples I've ever written. :)

      Thanks for reading, and leaving me all the comments, Lily. :D

      Delete
  11. Max is a very wise person. Let's hope that this is the turning point for Helena and that she starts accepting their relationship. As for Max and Soleil, I hope they take things slowly. The idea of a committed relationship is new to both of them and they both need to learn how to navigate it. Luckily, they're head over heels for one another, so that's a start!

    Please, for the love of God, find Helena a nice, boring boyfriend so she can get married and get laid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Max is smart, he has a lot of common sense, and it helps him go far in life. Helena did have a small victory here, which is good, she just needs to remember that, and not go back to her ways of judging and scolding.

      Max and Soleil know that as long as they have each other, they'll be fine. :)

      Hahaha, only time will tell what happens in Helena's life. Her personality is a hard one to match with.

      Delete
  12. "Helena, maybe you should try living in the present instead of worrying about the past so much, huh?" You tell her Max! That's exactly how i feel about Helena she holds grudges and needs to let.things go. I'm glad Max was man enough to talk to her and settle the situation between the girls but I feel like Soleil wants to move in with Max but Helena seems really....clingy and she probably wouldn't want that. Helena does seem like a good roommate though...Who can resist pancakes in the morning? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena is very much stuck in the past. She thinks people can't change, so just because Max slept around in high school, she thinks he's just going to sleep around forever. *rolls eyes* LOL, Helena's really bad at learning things, so she thinks other people can't learn things either.

      Max is quite the guy, isn't he? Haha, not a lot of men would want to go and solve roommate drama between two girls. LOL, they'd be like running in the other direction. XD This was another thing Max did for Soleil to show her he's serious about her, caring enough about Soleil's feelings that he's trying to make her roommate situation better for her. Haha, Soleil isn't desperate or anything, she wanted to go house hunting with Max because she wanted to be a part of his life.

      Helena is clingy, haha, she really wants friends. She is a nice person deep down, so she made pancakes, but she's pushy and whiny. If she could stop the clingyness, and make pancakes and be a normal person, it would help a lot. LOL.

      Delete
  13. I was laughing thinking of Max and Soleil at it and Helena banging at their door insisting in breakfast. She was concerned about them getting breakfast while still hot -- but in bed it was hotter than breakfast for them :)

    At the same time that Helena was being inconvenient, she was also being kind to fix breakfast for the lovers -- as you have pointed yourself in the text. Maybe it was a way of trying to apologize, too, but we can never know what from her -- I am not quite convinced she is very perceptive and aware of the situations around her. She seems a bit lost in her own thoughts and perceptions.

    At the same time, she did accept Max's criticism, and she apologized at once with Soleil, very straightforwardly. So neat of her, which again leads me to think she is not fully aware about the turmoil she was causing for the couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, of course, bed is much hotter than breakfast. XD Haha, you are correct, Helena is not perceptive at all, she only focuses on herself, and her friendships suffer because of it. She is however, not a mean person, outright, as she did make everyone breakfast of her own doing. Her judgmental attitude is what makes people angry with her, and her perceptions of the world are black and white, which makes her clash a lot with Max and Soleil, who see the world in varying shades of grey.

      Helena knows Max is really smart, and when she actually tries to talk to her brother, they can get along. It is only when Helena accuses Max of things and looks down on him, that it pisses him off, as well it should. No one deserves to be looked down on, but that is what Helena does best. Helena deep down loves both Max and Soleil a lot, so she wanted to apologize to Soleil, she was just having a hard time seeing why she was wrong because of her twisted perceptions.

      Thanks for your comment, Andante Zen, I'd been feeling shitty today, and your comment made me feel better. :)

      Delete
  14. House hunting already? I, gonna disagree with all the move in hopers just because having laughed at Helena for her moving fast issue it would be a bit nuts for Max to jump into things when he's still figuring out being monogamous 101. Also I like Helena for the fact that she makes the other two communicate better, even if she is a massive cock-blocker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh haha, Max is house hunting for himself. He just moved to Silicon Shores, and he needs a place to live. Soleil lives in the dormitory because she's in college. They're not moving in together. Soleil just asked if she could tag along to see what houses Max was looking at because she wanted to spend time with him and it was an activity that they could do together. Sorry for the confusion.
      LOL, uh huh, Helena's strange behavior makes Max and Soleil trust each other even more. XD

      Delete
  15. I'm glad everyone was able to make up. I agree that Helena's disapproval and interference in Max and Soleil's lives seems to help their communication. Helena is such a complicated character. She has this image she projects to the world (a very unfavorable one) and then everything else that runs beneath the surface which we would all probably be more understanding of. I feel bad for the girl, but there are different ways of copping without making the lives of everyone around you miserable.
    Yay, house hunting. Looking forward to see what Max decides on. And how cute that Soleil is tagging along. They already act like a committed couple, even without the "official" label. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, happy times for the three of them for now. Haha, good things can rise out of shitty things, as demonstrated here by Helena. LOL.

      Helena was the most complicated character I had ever written at the time. You speak truth, LOL, you understand exactly what I was trying to portray through Helena. That's awesome. Mm-hmm, you're also right about Helena's attitude, she needs to help herself without projecting rudeness onto her friend and brother.

      Yes! Haha, awesome that you saw that too, the fact that they're acting committed already. Labels are stupid, and actions are all that matter. That's the theme of this generation. XD Yup, Soleil wanted to get to know Max better and see what kind of houses he'd be interested in, plus it will be easier for her to visit him if she knows what his address is already. LOL.

      Delete
  16. Max has some great hair lmao. I knew Helena wasn't that bad, she just needs people to put in the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love Max's hair. :D It fits him so well.
      Helena apologized, yay! Haha, you're right, she's very dependent, and is insecure about things, so she needs people to give her the push in the right direction. It's not a great quality, but at least here, it helped her.

      Delete
  17. Aww good for Max. He needed to tell her to butt out and stop being such a bitch. Just because they lead or led a different lifestyle before doesn't make them incapable of having a relationship with someone. They are young and doing what young people do which is have fun. Something Helena should try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max is not afraid to tell his sister where to put it when she's acting like a self-righteous idiot. LOL. Not everyone's relationship starts or is the same way as everyone else's, and that's something that Helena doesn't understand. Helena thinks having fun is something that can get you into trouble, so she's terrified of it, and projecting her own crap onto other people. Of course, this is a stupid way to live one's life. LOL.

      Delete
  18. Well I give Helena credit for learning how to knock this time. I'm glad Max told her where everything was to butt out of their relationship. She has no right to tell either one of them how to live their life. She is trying to justify it by saying that she is worried that both of them will hurt each other but no matter what her reasons are it's still none of her business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Helena didn't knock in Chapter One because she was desperate for Soleil to wake up so they could go back to the college campus. Now that she's back in the dorms, she has no need to barge in. LOL. Max is straight forward, and with Helena being his sister, he has dealt with her ways his whole life, so he has no problems telling her to butt out. Yeah, exactly, it is none of her business. Too bad she has such a difficult time seeing that point of view. LOL.

      Delete

Tell me and Armand what you thought!

No. of Echoes

About

Rated: R. Echoes of Eternity is a chronological story best read from Chapter One. It will deal with topics of all kinds, including some that are uncomfortable.

Followers

Awards

Awards
Thank you, Stormy, Julie, Andante Zen, sandybeachgirl, lovesstorms, TheJanesLegacy, and Lckygrl1975!
Copyright © Echoes of Eternity | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com